Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mama Panda Crushes Baby
Jul 7, 2010 5:28 AM CDT
Mama Panda Crushes Baby
Abandoned twin cub survives
- The birth of twin pandas at the Beijing Zoo last week gave way to tragedy when the mother abandoned one and accidentally killed the other. Eight-year-old Yinghua delivered two female cubs, but “twins are rare and all mothers take only the first cub as their own,” the zoo...
Zoo Shows Off Its Crocs—
Then Roasts Them for You
and kangaroos, hippos
May 22, 2010 5:18 AM CDT
Zoo Shows Off Its Crocs— Then Roasts Them for You
You can also dine on antelope, hippo at the Beijing Zoo
- There's nothing like spending the day at the zoo, marveling at scary crocs, graceful antelope, and springy kangaroo—then heading into its restaurant and munching on them. At least, that's what you can do at the Beijing Zoo, which fills its eatery's menu with some of the same types of...
Beijing Bids Adieu to
Mar 23, 2009 3:25 AM CDT
Beijing Bids Adieu to Visiting Pandas
They shift to a Sichuan reserve while their damaged home is rebuilt
- Beijing's "Olympic pandas"—which drew 2 million fans during their 10-month stay in the city's zoo—have been returned to Sichuan Province, Xinhua reports. Their original habitat was damaged in last May's earthquake, so the pack of eight will reside in a panda reserve for now. Several will...
Panda Bites Beijing
Zoo Visitor, Again
Jan 8, 2009 11:13 AM CST
Panda Bites Beijing Zoo Visitor, Again
Man jumped barrier to Gu Gu's enclosure to retrieve son's toy
- Gu Gu the panda has struck again, biting a third visitor at the Beijing zoo. A Chinese tourist went over a 4-foot barrier surrounding the panda's outdoor exercise area yesterday to get a toy dropped by his son; the 240-pound Gu Gu bit his legs and refused to let go...
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.