Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Rand Paul Airs Grievances
in Annual Festivus Tweetstorm
Dec 24, 2017 3:10 PM CST
Rand Paul Airs Grievances in Annual Festivus Tweetstorm
He did not hold back the punches in holiday "Waste Report"
- “Before we get started, I need to alert @FoxNews and someone in DC that this is NOT a war on Christmas. It’s a war on everything else.” Sen. Rand Paul opened his yearly Festivus Twitter rant with this poke at Fox News , then continued to air his...
Rand Paul Airs
Dec 25, 2016 12:03 PM CST
Rand Paul Airs His Grievances
And they include Donald Trump, the media, and Peter Thiel
- Rand Paul can be nothing if not persistent , and the Kentucky senator's annual Festivus airing of grievances proved no exception this year, reports the
In honor of the
holiday, Paul took to Twitter on Friday to list his litany of light-hearted and not-so-light-hearted complaints. Highlights of his...
Fla. Capitol Gets
Made of Beer Cans
Dec 11, 2013 8:55 AM CST
Fla. Capitol Gets Festivus Pole— Made of Beer Cans
Pabst Blue Ribbon cans, specifically
- It's a "Festivus for the rest of us" in Tallahassee this year: The Florida Capitol will likely today see the installation of an almost 6-foot-tall Festivus pole (yes, the invention of
) in its rotunda. And it's not the traditional plain aluminum pole, but one made out...
'George Costanza' Rips
Romney After Debate Nod
Feb 24, 2012 1:30 AM CST
'George Costanza' Rips Romney After Debate Nod
Newman for Postmaster General?
- George Costanza for president? After Mitt Romney referred to the
character during Wednesday night's debate —telling the audience "as George Costanza would say, when they’re applauding stop"—Jason Alexander decided to weigh in. "Thrilled Gov. Romney enjoys my old character," he tweeted....
Inmate Uses 'Festivus'
to Score Better Meals
Dec 14, 2010 8:47 AM CST
Inmate Uses 'Festivus' to Score Better Meals
Argues 'religion' means he needs a kosher diet
- Here’s a Festivus miracle for you: An inmate in an Orange County Jail managed to get better food for months by saying he needed it to adhere to the “religion” of Festivus. Malcolm Alarmo King is a health nut, the
Orange County Register
explains, who didn’t want...
At Ill. Capitol,
It's a Festivus Miracle!
Dec 25, 2008 10:35 AM CST
At Ill. Capitol, It's a Festivus Miracle!
Teen augments holiday display with 'Seinfeld' homage
- The Illinois state capitol's holiday decorations this year include a Nativity scene, a menorah—and a Festivus pole, courtesy of a teenage
fan. Michael Tennenhouse visited for the Blagojevich impeachment hearings, stumbled on the holiday displays, and got to thinking. "Religious displays should not be in public buildings,...
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.