Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
French Daredevil Falls
to Death in Hong Kong
Jul 31, 2023 3:13 PM CDT
French Daredevil Falls to Death in Hong Kong
Remi Lucidi, 30, had knocked on 68th-floor window for help
- A French climber was killed last week, apparently in a fall from the 68th floor of a skyscraper in Hong Kong, according to police and local media reports. Remi Lucidi, who used the name Remi Enigma in chronicling his daredevil exploits on Instagram , was last seen knocking on the window...
He Followed in
His Famous Dad's
Jan 14, 2023 7:00 AM CST
He Followed in His Famous Dad's Daredevil Footsteps
Robbie Knievel, son of Evel Knievel, has died at the age of 60
- Robbie Knievel, son of stuntman Evil Knievel and a daredevil performer in his own right, has died at the age of 60. Robbie Knievel died Friday in hospice in Reno, Nevada, after fighting pancreatic cancer, his brother, Kelly Knievel, tells the AP . Robbie's three daughters were at his side...
Watch These Slackliners Set
a Heart-Stopping Record
Sep 28, 2022 1:27 PM CDT
Watch These Slackliners Set a Heart-Stopping Record
Daredevils Rafael Bridi, Alexander Schulz made longest walk over active volcano in early pandemic
- If walking over an active volcano via slackline is on your bucket list, you might look to Brazilian daredevil Rafael Bridi for guidance. Per UPI, Bridi and fellow slacklining enthusiast Alexander Schulz of Germany set a Guinness World Record for "longest slackline walk over an active volcano," which...
May 30, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Daredevil's Latest Flight Does Not End Well
Franky Zapata says he's fine after he and jetpack plunge into lake in France
- French daredevil and inventor Franky Zapata became world-famous in 2019 when he flew across the English Channel on a self-designed jetpack he calls a flyboard. His most recent flight ended with a scary, unplanned plunge into a French lake, though the BBC reports that he is "recovering well."...
World Record for Slackline Walk
Was 'Total Serendipity Moment'
May 4, 2022 11:05 AM CDT
World Record for Slackline Walk Was 'Total Serendipity Moment'
Rafael Zugno Bridi crossed 59-foot line between 2 hot-air balloons 1.2 miles above Brazil
- Guinness World Records has officially recognized the highest slackline walk, at more than twice the height of the world's tallest building. Brazilian daredevil Rafael Zugno Bridi claimed the record after crossing a 59-foot slackline suspended between two hot-air balloons some 6,236 feet, or nearly 1.2 miles, above...
They Tried to Swap Planes
Midair. It Didn't Quite Work
Apr 25, 2022 8:13 AM CDT
They Tried to Swap Planes Midair. It Didn't Quite Work
FAA probing Sunday stunt in Arizona, which led to one plane crashing; both pilots are OK
The Federal Aviation Administration has launched a probe into a failed stunt in the sky. Cousins Luke Aikins and Andy Farrington, daredevil Red Bull skydivers who'd hoped to swap Cessna single-seat airplanes in midair, didn't see their feat go as planned on Sunday: One of the pilots...
Oct 16, 2021 7:30 AM CDT
'Something Went Terribly Wrong' on 'Extreme' Version of
Daredevil Jonathan Goodwin severely injured after being smashed between 2 swinging cars
- Maybe "extreme" versions of talent show competitions aren't a great idea. A stunt for
America's Got Talent: Extreme
, an NBC spinoff of the popular original, went awry on Thursday at Georgia's Atlanta Motor Speedway, and "it was so bad people on the set thought [the...
High Wire From
Across the Seine
Sep 20, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Guy Crushes High Wire From Eiffel Tower Across the Seine
Nathan Paulin walked nearly 2,000 feet on slackline more than 225 feet above the ground
- When Nathan Paulin was a kid, he had a fear of heights. He's apparently gotten over that, since he spent part of the weekend traversing a high wire from the Eiffel Tower across the Seine. Reuters reports that the 27-year-old acrobat practiced for four years to make the nearly...
Daredevil Dad Dies Trying
to Break World Record
Jun 18, 2021 8:16 AM CDT
Daredevil Dad Dies Trying to Break World Record
Motorcyclist Alex Harvill had just welcomed his second son
- A daredevil practicing for a world record motorcycle jump died Thursday after he landed short and crashed. Alex Harvill, 28, had been trying to jump 352 feet, about the length of a football field, at the Moses Lake Airshow at Grant County International Airport in Washington state to break a...
in 'Triple Trouble'
After Latest Stunt
Oct 1, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
'French Spiderman' in 'Triple Trouble' After Latest Stunt
Alain Robert climbed a 545-foot-high skyscraper in Frankfurt, Germany, wearing cowboy boots
- German police say urban climber Alain Robert faces a criminal investigation and fine after scaling one of Frankfurt's tallest buildings on Thursday. Robert, known as the "French Spiderman" for his daring stunts, clambered to the top of rail company Deutsche Bahn's 545-foot-high office building in Germany's...
'Mad Mike' Hughes
Dies in Rocket Crash
Feb 23, 2020 7:44 AM CST
'Mad Mike' Hughes Dies in Rocket Crash
Daredevil wanted to take photos showing the Earth is flat
- Daredevil Mike Hughes was killed Saturday when a rocket he'd built crashed in the California desert. "The parachute ripped off at launch," a witness said. "So the rocket went straight up in an arc and came straight down" with Hughes still in it, the
Daredevil Just Climbed
This With Only His Hands
Jul 8, 2019 12:12 PM CDT
Daredevil Just Climbed This With Only His Hands
The Shard in London is one of Europe's tallest buildings
- A free climber in London has scaled one of the tallest buildings in Europe. The man who climbed The Shard in London Monday morning was spoken to by police after he made his ascent but hasn't been arrested, per the AP . The building is 1,017 feet high, and...
Daredevil Dies in Fall
From 62-Story Building
Dec 11, 2017 11:11 AM CST
Daredevil Dies in Fall From 62-Story Building
Wu Yongning had reportedly posted more than 300 videos of his 'rooftopping' feats
- He was famous on social media, then went silent. Now Wu Yongning's fans have learned why he stopped posting in November. The BBC reports that the Chinese daredevil, known for posting videos of himself at the top of tall buildings scaled without safety devices, is confirmed to have died...
Daredevils Jump From
Mountain Into a Plane
Nov 30, 2017 7:11 AM CST
Daredevils Jump From Mountain Into a Plane
Vince Reffet, Fred Fugen pay homage to fellow French base jumper
- Vince Reffet initially thought the stunt would be relatively easy. He soon learned that base jumping from a 13,000-foot mountain peak, gliding and hitting a target little bigger than a body is the opposite of easy. After two months of training, however, that's exactly what Reffet and fellow...
Daredevil Who Did the
Unthinkable at Everest Is Dead
Nov 13, 2017 8:37 AM CST
Daredevil Who Did the Unthinkable at Everest Is Dead
Valery Rozov was 52
- Leaping from a 22,349-foot-high mountain proved to be as dangerous as it sounds for Valery Rozov: The Russian base jumper died Saturday in an accident on Himalayan peak Ama Dablam. The AFP reports Rozov's death came while he was undertaking a "seven summits" quest that involved base...
Daredevil's 'Very Peculiar'
Death Leaves Cops Perplexed
Jun 28, 2017 12:55 PM CDT
Daredevil's 'Very Peculiar' Death Leaves Cops Perplexed
For one, they have no idea what happened to Misty the boa constrictor
- "I still have lots of questions," New York State Park Police Detective Sgt. Brian Nisbet tells the
. For one thing, where is Misty the 7-foot-long boa constrictor? Nisbet is investigating the April 19 death of daredevil Kirk Jones, who was in his early 50s. Jones went...
at Going Over
Jun 16, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
2nd Attempt at Going Over Niagara Kills Daredevil
Police believe Kirk R. Jones was trying to go over it in an inflatable ball
- A Florida man tempted fate twice, and the second time proved his undoing: New York State Park Police on Thursday said the body of Kirk R. Jones of Spring Hill had been recovered from the Niagara River near the mouth of Lake Ontario roughly two weeks earlier. Syracuse.com reports...
Record Broken—by His Wife
Jun 15, 2017 11:00 AM CDT
Wallenda's Teeth-Hanging Record Broken—by His Wife
Erendira Wallenda performs stunt 300 feet above Niagara Falls
- Those wild Wallendas: Erendira Wallenda, the aerialist wife of Nik Wallenda, successfully hung by her teeth from a helicopter over Niagara Falls on Thursday, pulling off the stunt precisely five years after her husband walked a tight rope over the falls. The 36-year-old mother of three was tethered to a...
Golden Gate Bridge
After Insane Stunts
May 17, 2017 4:33 AM CDT
Golden Gate Bridge Boosts Security After Insane Stunts
Teens filmed themselves doing backflips atop bridge
- The Golden Gate Bridge is beefing up security to prevent others following in the slippery footsteps of two teenagers who climbed the bridge and performed death-defying stunts. In video posted on YouTube, the two 18-year-olds from Wisconsin climb suspension cables before doing backflips and somersaults on a walkway, the
Think You're Tough? This Guy
Climbed Everest in Shorts
Mar 12, 2017 2:54 PM CDT
Think You're Tough? This Guy Climbed Everest in Shorts
Wim Hof has done the seemingly impossible
- In 1999, Dutch daredevil Wim Hof earned the nickname Iceman when he swam under a frozen lake on TV—then jumped right back in to rescue an onlooker who had tumbled into the frigid waters. He was just getting started, reports the
of London. In 2007, he nearly summitted...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Florida Man Bitten 41 Times by Rabid Otter
Thanks to Taylor Swift, Heinz Selling 'Ketchup and Seemingly Ranch'
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.