Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Strangers Shower Loyal
Burger King Worker With $270K
Jun 30, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
Strangers Shower Loyal Burger King Worker With $270K
Kevin Ford hasn't missed a scheduled shift with HMSHost in 27 years
- A fast-food worker who never missed a single day of work over a 27-year career has just been awarded a $270,000 bonus—all thanks to the kindness of strangers. Kevin Ford, 54, made a splash on social media last month when he shared a video of himself unwrapping the...
Burger King's Whopper Ad
Causes a Stir
Jun 7, 2022 2:09 PM CDT
Burger King's Whopper Ad Causes a Stir
Each has two top buns or two bottom buns, to celebrate Pride Month
- Burger Kings in Austria are offering customers an unusual way to celebrate LGBTQ lifestyles during Pride Month. Restaurants there are offering whoppers with "equal buns," meaning each has two top buns or two bottom buns, reports CNN . The idea is "meant to put a smile on our...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
Burger King Whoppers Not
Whopping Enough: Lawsuit
Apr 5, 2022 2:02 AM CDT
Burger King Whoppers Not Whopping Enough: Lawsuit
Suit claims Whoppers in ads appear bigger than they are in real life
- In advertisements, Burger King's food appears larger than it actually is when ordered by a customer at one of the fast-food chain's locations, a new lawsuit claims. The class-action suit accuses BK of misleading consumers since 2017, NBC News reports. Prior to that, according to the suit, the...
That Drive-Thru Order
May Contain More Than
You Bargained For
Mar 26, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
That Drive-Thru Order May Contain More Than You Bargained For
Consumer Reports finds excessive amounts of 'forever chemicals' in some fast-food wrappers
- You might want to dump those Mickey D's fries onto a plate as soon as you get home. Consumer Reports released an analysis Thursday on packaging at fast-food restaurants and supermarket chains, with a concerning find: Many of the wrappers that hold the fare we pick up at the...
Burger King on
in Russia: It's
Mar 18, 2022 2:47 PM CDT
Burger King on Staying Open in Russia: It's Complicated
Parent firm RBI says its hands are tied, because franchise partner has 'refused' to shutter eateries
- McDonald's is shuttering operations in Russia due to the country's invasion of neighboring Ukraine, so it's not surprising that Burger King would try to follow suit. But there's now a wrench in those plans, as the latter fast-food giant is seeing its efforts stymied by a...
McDonald's Is Closing Its
850 Restaurants in Russia
Mar 8, 2022 2:36 PM CST
McDonald's Is Closing Its 850 Restaurants in Russia
After calls for a boycott, company decides to pause operations
: McDonald's, facing pressure including calls on social media for a boycott, says it is temporarily shutting down its operations in Russia. The company "has decided to temporarily close all our restaurants in Russia and pause all operations in the market," CEO Chris Kempczinski said in a...
Cops: Staged Robbery
Led to Fatal Shooting
Jan 15, 2022 11:00 AM CST
Cops: Staged Robbery Led to Fatal Shooting
Teen employee who was shot to death was allegedly in on the ruse
- Earlier this month, a 16-year-old employee of a Burger King in Milwaukee was fatally shot during an attempted robbery. Now comes a startling twist to the case from prosecutors: They say the robbery was staged, and the teen who died was in on it, reports the
Kansas City Star
'We All Quit,'
Jul 13, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
'We All Quit,' Burger King Marquee Sign Announces
9 employees in Lincoln, Neb., call it quits over work conditions
- Visitors to a Burger King in Lincoln, Neb., may have come for a burger, but stayed for the sign Saturday. "WE ALL QUIT. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE," read the marquee sign beneath the Burger King logo, a photo of which has now gone viral. Former general manager Rachael...
Burger King Takes Dig
at Chick-Fil-A With Donations
Jun 7, 2021 12:33 AM CDT
Burger King Takes Dig at Chick-Fil-A With Donations
Chain gives part of chicken sandwich proceeds to LGBTQ group, 'even on Sundays'
- There’s a new battle underway in the chicken sandwich war . Burger King will donate part of the price of each Ch’King sandwich to an LGBTQ civil rights organization throughout June—Pride month, reports
. And because the restaurant tweeted that they’ll make the donations to...
of Drastic Measure
Apr 5, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
Burger King Customer Accused of Drastic Measure at Drive-Thru
Cops seeking woman they say was angry over wait time, shot into drive-thru window in Memphis
- An incident at a Burger King drive-thru in Tennessee last week has police asking for the public's help. FOX13 reports on a shooting Tuesday at one of the fast-food chain's Memphis locations after a customer apparently didn't appreciate the wait time on the drive-thru line. According to...
Burger King Apologizes Over
Tweet About Women's Place
Mar 8, 2021 6:00 PM CST
Burger King Apologizes Over Tweet About Women's Place
Similar message appears in the US on International Women's Day
- Burger King UK says its tweet on International Women's Day was misunderstood. "Women belong in the kitchen," said the Monday tweet, which has since been taken down. A followup tweet added context: "If they want to, of course. Yet only 20% of chefs are women. We'...
Welcome to the
'Restaurant of Tomorrow'
Sep 4, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
Welcome to the 'Restaurant of Tomorrow'
Burger King releases redesign for 'COVID world' that focuses on drive-thru, pickup options
- The fast-food industry has been faring somewhat better during the pandemic than the restaurant industry as a whole, but a newly released redesign by a casual-dining giant shows just how much the coronavirus era has changed the way we grab a quick bite. Burger King has debuted its plans for...
Guy Worked at Burger King 3
Days When Shot for Slow Order
Aug 4, 2020 8:41 AM CDT
Guy Worked at Burger King 3 Days When Shot for Slow Order
Shooting in Orlando, Fla., followed parking lot fight
- Desmond Joshua Jr. had just started working at a Florida Burger King when he was shot and killed over a delayed order, according to police. A 37-year-old man is facing murder charges after his girlfriend was caught up in a long line at an Orlando location around 7:30pm Saturday,...
of Its Cows
Jul 14, 2020 2:18 PM CDT
Burger King Changes Diet of Its Cows
A little lemongrass could help combat climate change
- Burger King is staging an intervention with its cows, per the AP . The chain has rebalanced the daily diet of some of the cows by adding 100 grams of lemongrass in a bid to limit bovine contributions to climate change. By tweaking the diet, Burger King said Tuesday that it...
Burger King: Yum,
Feb 19, 2020 11:25 AM CST
Burger King: Yum, Our Whoppers Get Moldy
New ad touts lack of artificial preservatives
- McDonald's hamburgers are famous for apparently never getting moldy , and Burger King is playing off that fact in a new—and pretty gross—ad. The commercial shows a Whopper going from day one to day 34, at which point it is nearly covered in mold, and ends with the...
Burger King Will Trade
a Whopper for a
Photo of Your Ex
Feb 7, 2020 3:47 AM CST
Burger King Will Trade a Whopper for a Photo of Your Ex
Customers will have to put it in a 'breakup box'
- If your Valentine's Day dinner is going to be a fast-food meal for one, Burger King has a deal that might lift your spirits. The chain says customers at four US locations will be able to trade a photo of their ex for a free Whopper, Fox 8 reports....
Has an Offer
for Prince Harry
Jan 15, 2020 11:13 AM CST
Burger King Has an Offer for Prince Harry
The fast food chain offers him a job
- Harry and Meghan are stepping back as senior members of the British royal family, but if they're looking to join another royal family, Burger King is available to them. "If you’re looking for a job, we have a new crown for you," the fast food chain...
Impossible Whopper Needs
Its Own Grill, Lawsuit Says
Nov 18, 2019 3:30 PM CST
Impossible Whopper Needs Its Own Grill, Lawsuit Says
Vegan customer says Burger King order came with meat residue
- Burger King has been hit with a class-action lawsuit arguing that the chain's Impossible Burger isn't the vegan sandwich it's advertised to be, because it's typically cooked on the same grills as meat. That means the Impossible comes with meat residue, which the menu doesn't...
McDonald's, Beyond Meat
Team Up on Meatless Burger
Sep 26, 2019 10:10 AM CDT
McDonald's, Beyond Meat Team Up on Meatless Burger
The 'PLT' will be available only in Canada for now
- McDonald's is taking a big step toward joining the meatless bandwagon. The chain said Thursday it will test a meatless burger in a partnership with Beyond Meat, reports Reuters . However, US patrons will have to wait to taste what's being called the "PLT"—plant, lettuce, and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Someone Is Hiding Razor Blades in Gas Pump Handles
Tyre Nichols Video Is Released
'Best for Everyone That They Move On'
He's 45, Spending Millions to Have an 18-Year-Old's Organs
3 Dead, 4 Hurt After Another California Mass Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.