Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the most recent news stories about juvenile crime and delinquency on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
17-Year-Old Caught After
Prison Break Does It Again
Nov 27, 2023 9:35 AM CST
17-Year-Old Caught After Prison Break Does It Again
David Atkins, 17, slipped out of Baton Rouge detention facility on Saturday with another teen
- Louisiana police have their hands full with a murder suspect, who has escaped youth jail there not once but twice this month. CBS News reports that two teens slipped out of the East Baton Rouge Juvenile Detention Center on Saturday night, though authorities aren't yet sure how. WAFB identifies...
Cops: Florida Boy, 11,
Shot Two 13-Year-Olds
Oct 3, 2023 5:10 PM CDT
Cops: Florida Boy, 11, Shot Two 13-Year-Olds
Witnesses said boy was being bullied at football practice
- Two 13-year-old boys in Florida were hospitalized with gunshot wounds, and an 11-year-old boy was charged with attempted second-degree murder over a dispute that some witnesses said started with a bag of chips. Mike McKinley, the chief of police in the Orlando suburb of Apopka, says the 11-year-old ran to...
Skipped School to
Rob Luxury Store
Sep 14, 2023 1:06 PM CDT
Cops: 10-Year-Old Skipped School to Rob Luxury Store
Boy is youngest member of gang that allegedly raided watch store in Hong Kong
- A 10-year-old boy in Hong Kong is one of four people arrested over a robbery at a luxury watch store. Police say 20 watches worth a total of almost $500,000 in US dollars were stolen in the Monday robbery in Kowloon's Tsim Sha Tsui district, RTHK reports. A...
A Stolen Vehicle Crashed Into
a Cop Car. Inside, a Surprise
Aug 18, 2023 8:50 AM CDT
A Stolen Vehicle Crashed Into a Cop Car. Inside, a Surprise
The owner, a juvenile, fled the crash site and was later arrested; suspect never mentioned the cat
- Connecticut police who found a kitten in a stolen car say they've located the animal's owner: a juvenile suspect who fled and was arrested after the car crashed. The Meriden Police Department said on its Facebook page Thursday that the gray-and-white male cat, believed to be about 7...
DC Is Seeing a Troubling Crime
Trend, and It Involves Kids
May 31, 2023 12:07 PM CDT
DC Is Seeing a Troubling Crime Trend, and It Involves Kids
11-year-old boy is charged in armed robberies, and he's not alone
- Police in Washington, DC, arrested a suspect on Saturday in connection with three armed attempted robberies. Perhaps not so unusual. What seems unusual: The suspect is an 11-year-old boy, though the
reports that it's actually
so unusual, and is the latest in what appears to be...
Final Juvenile Suspect in
Murder of 3 Teens Arrested
Apr 10, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Final Juvenile Suspect in Murder of 3 Teens Arrested
3 young suspects all now in custody
- The final juvenile suspected in the murder of three other teens in Florida was arrested Saturday, the AP reports. US Marshals located the 16-year-old and took him into custody. He faces charges of carjacking with a firearm, aggravated assault, grand theft of a motor vehicle, fleeing or attempting to elude...
Juveniles Charged in Boy's
Russian Roulette Death
Nov 27, 2022 10:50 AM CST
Juveniles Charged in Boy's Russian Roulette Death
12-year-old was found in abandoned house
- A 12-year-old boy is dead after playing Russian roulette with peers in Jackson, Mississippi, police say. Deputy Police Chief Deric Hearn identified the boy as Markell Noah, according to reports by Mississippi-based WLBT . He was reported missing before his body was found in an abandoned house. Police arrested two juveniles...
4 Juveniles Surrender After
Deadly Attack on Man, 73
Jul 14, 2022 5:16 AM CDT
4 Juveniles Surrender After Deadly Attack on Man, 73
Two 14-year-olds have been charged in connection with Philadelphia attack
- Police in Philadelphia say a 14-year-old girl has surrendered to authorities in connection with a disturbing attack that killed a 73-year-old man last month. A 14-year-old boy turned himself in on Monday and both suspects have been charged with third-degree murder and conspiracy, 6ABC reports. Police say James Lambert was...
Brothers, 11 and 14, Accused
of Stealing 22 Guns
Jun 9, 2022 11:29 AM CDT
Brothers, 11 and 14, Accused of Stealing 22 Guns
They were arrested after Florida burgary
- Police in Cape Coral, Florida, say a 14-year-old boy broke into a gun shop and stole 22 guns with an even younger accomplice—his 11-year-old brother. Cape Coral Police Department spokeswoman Sgt. Julie Green says the boys were arrested after they broke into the Guns 4 Less store and ransacked...
Suspect in Lily Peters
Murder Is a 14-Year-Old
Apr 28, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Suspect in Lily Peters Murder Is a 14-Year-Old
Police say the suspect's 'intention was to rape and kill the victim from the get-go'
- More details are emerging about the juvenile suspect who was arrested Tuesday in Chippewa Falls, Wis., in the murder of Iliana "Lily" Peters. Chief among them, that he is 14, and that he has been charged in adult court with first-degree intentional homicide, first-degree sexual assault, and first-degree sexual...
'This 11-Year-Old Is a
Prolific Carjacker in Our City'
Mar 6, 2022 7:33 AM CST
'This 11-Year-Old Is a Prolific Carjacker in Our City'
A look at the carjacking surge and the tweens and teens behind many of them
- "Unfortunately, this 11-year-old has been arrested before, and he is considered a prolific carjacker in our city," said Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown in a press conference last November, per ABC Chicago . In Washington, DC, a pair of 14-year-old girls were c onvicted of murdering a 66-year-old UberEats...
After Teacher's Murder, Social
Media Posts Lead to 2 Teens
Nov 5, 2021 11:18 AM CDT
After Teacher's Murder, Social Media Posts Lead to 2 Teens
Students will be tried as adults for 'unspeakable' killing of Nohema Graber in Iowa
- Nohema Graber, a high school Spanish teacher in Fairfield, Iowa, was known to spend her afternoons in a community park. And it's where she spent her final moments Tuesday before two 16-year-old students at Fairfield High School, where she taught, killed her, according to police. The body of the...
3 Teens to Be
Charged as Adults
Oct 27, 2021 10:19 AM CDT
3 Teens to Be Charged as Adults in Classmate's Brutal Slaying
Florida's Dwight 'DJ' Grant was beaten, stabbed over 31 minutes
- Three teenagers in Florida will be charged as adults in the murder of a classmate, who was ambushed at his apartment building. Dwight "DJ" Grant, an 18-year-old senior at Miramar High School, was found dead in bushes outside the building in Miramar on Oct. 19. A little more than...
Marine Vet Stops
Armed Robbery in
About a Second
in case you missed it
Oct 24, 2021 12:50 PM CDT
Marine Vet Stops Armed Robbery in About a Second
'Marine Corps taught me not to [mess] around,' says James Kilcer
- As he turned to leave a gas station convenience store, James Kilcer saw a handgun pointed in his direction. He didn't hesitate. Within about a second, the 32-year-old Marine veteran reached out, disarmed the masked individual who'd just walked in, and pushed him toward the floor, per
Teen on Joyride
Laughed About It
Sep 16, 2021 11:50 AM CDT
Teen on Joyride Allegedly Killed Runner, Then Laughed About It
15-year-old charged in juvenile court with felony murder of Greg Moore
- A 15-year-old girl took her godmother's vehicle out for a joyride without permission, then decided to "scare" a runner by hitting and ultimately killing him, according to prosecutors in Washington state, who've filed criminal charges of second-degree felony murder and felony hit-and-run. Charging documents allege the 15-year-old...
School Slaying Suspect,
13, to Be Held Until Trial
Aug 18, 2021 5:37 PM CDT
School Slaying Suspect, 13, to Be Held Until Trial
The victim was protecting another student from bullying, police say
- A 13-year-old New Mexico boy accused of shooting and killing a classmate in Albuquerque will remain in custody pending trial. A Children's Court judge agreed with prosecutors during a virtual hearing Tuesday and ordered the boy to remain at the Bernalillo County Youth Services Center, the AP reports. The...
The Arrest of a 7-Year-Old
for Rape Raises a Big Question
Jun 13, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
The Arrest of a 7-Year-Old for Rape Raises a Big Question
What's the right minimum age to charge a child as a juvenile delinquent?
- In New York state, children as young as 7 can be arrested and charged as juvenile delinquents in family court. But is that age too young? It's a question being asked in the state, one that was amplified by the March 23 arrest of a 7-year-old in Brasher Falls,...
18 Years in
Mar 25, 2021 12:30 PM CDT
He Survived 18 Years in Solitary Confinement
Ian Manuel pleads for end to juvenile solitary confinement
- Ian Manuel had just finished seventh grade when he shot a woman in the face during a robbery. It was "the act of a 13-year-old in crisis," Manuel writes in a
New York Times
op-ed, adding that the "cruel and unusual punishment" that followed did not fit...
Cops: Girl Killed
Older Sister While
Feb 23, 2021 3:20 PM CST
Cops: Girl Killed Older Sister While Parents Slept
14-year-old charged with homicide
- Authorities in Pennsylvania say they're still trying to figure out the motive for a rare sororicide involving teen sisters. According to the Lancaster County District Attorney's Office, 14-year-old Claire Miller called 911 around 1am Monday and told dispatchers she had killed her sister, Lancaster Online reports. Court papers...
Sheriff Issues Plea to Parents
After Girl Stabbed in Walmart
Jan 25, 2021 2:04 PM CST
Sheriff Issues Plea to Parents After Girl Stabbed in Walmart
12-year-old is among 4 girls charged in Louisiana killing
- After a 15-year-old girl was stabbed to death in a Walmart in Louisiana Saturday night, the local sheriff issued a heartfelt plea for parents to help stop the frightening rise in youth violence. "This is not something we can police our way out of," said Calcasieu Parish Sheriff...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Liz Cheney Recounts 4 Words From Her Father
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.