Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest news and reports on child abuse cases and reports of physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect on Newser.com
Stories 21 - 40 |
Queens of the
Stone Age Rocker
Gets Bad News
From His Kids
Sep 10, 2021 12:51 PM CDT
Queens of the Stone Age Rocker Gets Bad News From His Kids
Restraining order against Josh Homme for domestic violence filed in name of his 2 young sons
- The frontman for rock group Queens of the Stone Age is being accused of domestic violence, and a filing for a restraining order on behalf of his two young sons has been submitted. Per legal documents seen by TMZ , the request for a protective order against 48-year-old Josh Homme was...
It's 'the Closure of a Case That
Has Haunted Our Community'
Aug 18, 2021 4:29 PM CDT
It's 'the Closure of a Case That Has Haunted Our Community'
Mother charged in 1992 murder of infant found in South Carolina river
- Nearly 30 years after an infant girl's stabbed body was found floating on a South Carolina river, authorities announced the arrest Tuesday of the child's mother and said she has been charged in the death, per the AP . Stacy Michelle Costner Rabon, 48, of Rock Hill, SC, faces...
Man Put in Cell With Sister's
Rapist Guilty of Killing Him
Aug 8, 2021 2:42 PM CDT
Man Put in Cell With Sister's Rapist Guilty of Killing Him
Department of Corrections denied request for new cellmate
- Shane Goldsby asked for a new cellmate. Goldsby, 25, was in prison for a stabbing, stealing a police car, and injuring a state trooper in Washington state. His cellmate, Robert Munger, 70, was in for child rape, child molestation, and possession of child pornography. One of Munger’s victims was...
Police: Woman Drove For Year
With Niece, Nephew in Trunk
Jul 31, 2021 1:07 PM CDT
Police: Woman Drove For Year With Niece, Nephew in Trunk
Baltimore County Police have charged her with abuse leading to their deaths
- Baltimore County police pulled over a woman for a traffic stop, and found the remains of two children in the trunk of the car. When police ran the driver’s tags and learned they were fake, they told her the car would be towed. That’s when the officer smelled...
Cuomo Signs Law Ending
Child Marriage in New York
Jul 24, 2021 2:20 PM CDT
Cuomo Signs Law Ending Child Marriage in New York
Activists say Nalia's Law will protect children from statutory rape, forced marriage
- Children can't get married in New York. That might not sound groundbreaking, but the law recently signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo raising the age of consent to 18 is rare in the US; only six states prohibit child marriage. Delaware, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island also don’...
in Judo Class Kill
Jun 30, 2021 9:25 AM CDT
Repeated Slams in Judo Class Kill 7-Year-Old Boy
Taiwanese boy had been on life support since April
- A 7-year-old Taiwanese boy has died after being repeatedly slammed by his coach and others at a judo class. It's a case seeing wide media pick-up around the world : The boy, identified only by his surname, Huang, was taken off life support on Tuesday night after being in a...
Alleged Cult Leader
Dies, Followers Apparently
Can't Part With Her
May 5, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
Alleged Cult Leader Dies, Followers Apparently Can't Part With Her
7 members of Love Has Won religious group kept mummified remains of Amy Carlson in home
- Police say a man returned to his rural Colorado home last week to find a mummified woman, who "appeared to be set up in some type of shrine." The face, with missing eyes, was caked in glittery makeup, and the body was wrapped in a sleeping bag and...
Massive Child Porn Site
Taken Down From Dark Web
May 3, 2021 1:29 PM CDT
Massive Child Porn Site Taken Down From Dark Web
Four German men arrested, including one responsible for more than 3.5K posts
- A child pornography website with 400,000 users is gone, thanks to German federal police and Europol. The site, Boystown, had existed on the dark web since June 2019. Four German men, one who had been living in South America for several years, were arrested. Three were administrators, and one...
Member of Alabama Shakes
Accused of Child Abuse
Mar 29, 2021 7:37 AM CDT
Member of Alabama Shakes Accused of Child Abuse
Arrested drummer Steven Johnson had previously pleaded guilty to violating ex's protective order
- A member of the rock band Alabama Shakes was arrested last week and hit with child abuse charges, a year after pleading guilty to breaching a protective order from his ex-wife. The Limestone County Sheriff’s Office in Alabama confirms to
that drummer Steven William Johnson was arrested...
Cops: Mom in
Mar 25, 2021 12:05 PM CDT
Cops: Mom in Boxing Glove Attacks Girl at School
Florida's Edith Riddle, 34, charged with child abuse after incident outside school's cafeteria
- A 34-year-old Florida woman is facing child abuse charges after allegedly fighting a 12-year-old girl at her daughter's middle school while wearing a boxing glove. Edith Riddle—who initially told officials she was unable to remove the boxing glove because it was superglued to her left wrist, per First...
Mia Farrow: Woody Allen Will
Do Anything 'to Save Himself'
Feb 18, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Mia Farrow: Woody Allen Will Do Anything 'to Save Himself'
Comments come from new documentary focusing on child abuse allegations
- Mia Farrow says her biggest regret is meeting Woody Allen, and that she's "scared" of the Oscar-winning writer/director 30 years after their tumultuous split, in a new documentary, the result of a two-year investigation.
Allen v. Farrow
covers the better years of Allen and Farrow's relationship in...
After Girl's Horrific Death,
Punishment for Mom
Dec 18, 2020 1:00 PM CST
After Girl's Horrific Death, Punishment for Mom
Tiaundra Christon of Texas dressed a doll to look like her daughter as a ruse after she was killed
- A Texas woman has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for tampering with a corpse: that of her own 2-year-old daughter. The body of Hazana Anderson was found in a weighted-down bag in a lake near Houston in October 2018, reports
. A few days earlier, the girl's...
Cops: Girl, 8, Died After Being
Forced to Jump on Trampoline
Oct 15, 2020 3:20 AM CDT
Cops: Girl, 8, Died After Being Forced to Jump on Trampoline
Texas couple charged with capital murder
- A Texas couple could be facing the death penalty for forcing an 8-year-old girl to jump on a trampoline. Ashley and Daniel Schwarz have been arrested on capital murder charges in the Aug. 29 death of the Odessa girl, ABC reports. Police say the girl, who was in the couple'...
Teens Thought They'd Found
Love. Instead, a Terrible Turn
Oct 1, 2020 1:40 PM CDT
Teens Thought They'd Found Love. Instead, a Terrible Turn
'Nat Geo' tells the stories of 2 sex slaves fighting against the odds
- They thought they'd found love. But Sayeda and Anjali, pseudonyms given to two teenage girls born into poverty and sold to the same Indian brothel, were fooled, as Yudhijit Bhattacharjee writes in an expose of child trafficking for
. Sayeda, an aspiring dancer from Khulna, Bangladesh, who by...
Sep 19, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Trumper Hits 13-Year-Old Girl: Report
Norbert Logsdon is accused of felony child abuse
- A Florida man is accused of ramming a 13-year-old girl in the face with a flagpole while demonstrating for President Trump, ActionNewsJax reports. Norbert Logsdon, 67, allegedly jammed the pole in Crystal Ledoux's car and struck her daughter Wednesday in the town of Orange Park. "I was scared...
Is Hit by a Major Accusation
Jul 1, 2020 5:27 PM CDT
Adam Savage Is Hit by a Major Accusation
But Savage's mother says she supports her son
co-host Adam Savage is facing a terrible accusation—and from his sister, no less. Miranda Pacchiana filed a lawsuit Tuesday in New York state accusing her brother of "repeatedly" sexually abusing her as a child,
reports. According to the suit, Savage "would repeatedly rape Miranda...
Cops: Parents Forced Boy
to Drink Lethal Amount of Water
Jun 18, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
Cops: Parents Forced Boy to Drink Lethal Amount of Water
Colorado couple charged with murder in 11-year-old's death
- A Colorado couple is charged with first-degree murder in the March death of their 11-year-old son, who was forced to drink large amounts of water. Father Ryan Sabin and stepmother Tara Sabin of Black Forest were arrested Tuesday after a months-long investigation and are now held without bail at the...
MLB All-Star Indicted for
Allegedly Beating Daughter, 14
Apr 9, 2020 3:33 AM CDT
MLB All-Star Indicted for Allegedly Beating Daughter, 14
Josh Hamilton has been free on bond since turning himself in in October
- Former Texas Rangers star Josh Hamilton has been indicted on a felony charge of injury to a child after his teenage daughter accused him of beating her . A Tarrant County grand jury indicted the 38-year-old Hamilton on Monday. He remains free on $30,000 bond after he turned himself in...
NYPD Officer Charged With
Freezing Son, 8, to Death
Jan 25, 2020 6:45 AM CST
NYPD Officer Charged With Freezing Son, 8, to Death
Michael Valva and his fiancee allegedly forced boy to stay in freezing garage overnight
- A New York Police Department officer and his fiancee were charged with second-degree murder Friday after the transit officer's 8-year-old son was allegedly left in an unheated, unfinished garage overnight and froze to death. Michael Valva, 40, and Angela Pollina, 42, have both pleaded not guilty. As NBC News...
Daycare Owner Arrested After
Cops Look Behind False Wall
Dec 27, 2019 5:13 AM CST
Daycare Owner Arrested After Cops Look Behind False Wall
Police found 26 kids in basement area
- A Colorado woman accused of hiding 26 children behind a false wall at her daycare center was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor child abuse, police said Thursday. Carla Faith, 58, was arrested Monday in Colorado Springs on suspicion of two counts of reckless child abuse without injury and a single...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Longtime ESPN Journalist Comes Out as Transgender
Illinois Has a New Name for 'Delicious' Invasive Species
Her Photo Was Used for Story About 'Fat' Women. Now She's Suing
Cops Can't Find Mom, Kids Who Were Staying With Flash Star
They Were Barred From Guarding Chauvin, Just Got $1.5M
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.