Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
From $12.8M to $12K
Jan 19, 2023 12:37 AM CST
Usain Bolt's Account Goes From $12.8M to $12K
His lawyers say private investment firm must return the money
- Lawyers for Usain Bolt, one of the world’s greatest sprinters, said Wednesday that more than $12.7 million is missing from his account with a private investment firm in Jamaica that authorities are investigating. Attorney Linton P. Gordon provided the AP with a copy of a letter sent to...
in the World Wants
Ownership of His
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM CDT
Fastest Man in the World Wants Ownership of His Victory Pose
Retired sprinter Usain Bolt has filed to trademark signature celebration move to use logo on merch
- If you're a famous athlete with the name "Bolt," and you've got a signature victory move that resembles a jagged line of electricity, chances are you're going to make sure you control that likeness. There's only one man this situation currently applies to in...
There's a New, Surprising
World's Fastest Man
Aug 1, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
There's a New, Surprising World's Fastest Man
Italy's Lamont Marcell Jacobs, a former long jumper, wins gold in 100-meter sprint
- In a field without a clear favorite or the star power of recent Games, Lamont Marcell Jacobs still managed to stun the Olympics with his victory Sunday in the 100-meter dash. The Italian sprinter, who focused for years on the long jump, posted a winning time of 9.8 seconds...
Have Unfair Advantage
Jul 20, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
Usain Bolt: Today's Sprinters Have Unfair Advantage
World record holder blasts new shoe technology at Olympics
- Usain Bolt says runners hoping to best his world record sprints at the Tokyo Olympics will have an unfair advantage: new-generation shoes. At the 2016 Rio Olympics, gold medal-winning marathon runners wore carbon-plated, thick-soled shoes that were ultimately found to be 4% more efficient than other shoes, reports
Teen Beat 2 Usain Bolt Records.
Now He's Bound for Olympics
Jun 28, 2021 11:44 AM CDT
Teen Beat 2 Usain Bolt Records. Now He's Bound for Olympics
Meet 17-year-old Erriyon Knighton, who's headed to Tokyo for 200-meter competition
- Over the weekend, Erriyon Knighton became the youngest male to make the US Olympic track and field team in nearly 60 years, and he also now has two big record-busters under his belt to boot. The Athletic reports that on Sunday, the 17-year-old came in third place in the finals...
Is Very Good
Jun 21, 2021 5:40 AM CDT
Usain Bolt Is Very Good at Naming Children
Twins Thunder and Saint Leo joint older sibling Olympia Lightning
- Usain Bolt on Sunday introduced his newborn twin sons to the world, the BBC reports. It's not clear when exactly Saint Leo Bolt and Thunder Bolt were born, but they join older sister Olympia Lightning Bolt, who was born in May of last year. The Olympic champion, 34, and...
Calls Out NBC on
Usain Bolt Mix-Up:
Aug 26, 2020 4:30 AM CDT
Kevin Hart Calls Out NBC on Usain Bolt Mix-Up: 'Disrespectful'
'All you can do is laugh. Maybe the Covid 19 shrunk his legs & torso'
- In reporting on Usain Bolt's positive coronavirus test, an NBC News Facebook alert featured a picture of comedian Kevin Hart instead of the Olympic gold medalist. Hart did not let it slide, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. "I must of gotten really fast & tall overnight....I want...
World's Fastest Human
Is Caught by Virus
Aug 25, 2020 12:45 PM CDT
World's Fastest Human Is Caught by Virus
Usain Bolt tests positive, has no symptoms
- Usain Bolt was thrown a surprise party on Friday for his 34th birthday. Now, a second surprise of a nastier nature: The man known as the world's fastest human is in quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19, reports NBC News . On Monday, Bolt posted a video to Twitter saying...
Time Too Good
to Be True
Jul 10, 2020 6:58 AM CDT
Runner's 200-Meter Time Too Good to Be True
Sprinter Noah Lyles gets disappointing news
- What the
calls a "farcical ending" to an elite running event must've felt as crushing as it did absurd to the sprinter at the center of it all. On Thursday, 22-year-old Noah Lyles was a contender in the 200-meter race in the Inspiration Games, in which 30...
Jul 7, 2020 1:08 PM CDT
Usain Bolt's Daughter Has Perfect Middle Name
- We already knew Usain Bolt was pretty good at running sprints . Now we know he's skilled at naming babies, too: On Tuesday, Bolt revealed that his new daughter is named Olympia Lightning Bolt, reports TMZ . The 33-year-old and his girlfriend, Kasi Bennett, had their first child in May. “...
Britney Spears Causes
Confusion With Running Claim
Mar 27, 2020 6:29 AM CDT
Britney Spears Causes Confusion With Running Claim
She later clarified she was joking
- The world's fastest land mammal is the cheetah, but Britney Spears is a very close second, according to Britney Spears. The singer caused quite a bit of confusion on Instagram Wednesday when she claimed to have run the 100-meter dash in less than six seconds, smashing Usain Bolt's...
American Sprinter Breaks
Usain Bolt's Medal Record
Oct 1, 2019 8:38 AM CDT
American Sprinter Breaks Usain Bolt's Medal Record
Allyson Felix wins first gold as a mom
- American sprinter Allyson Felix smashed another record at the track and field World Championships on Sunday—and she did so just 10 months after giving birth. The 33-year-old won gold with the mixed-gender 4x400m relay team Sunday, giving her a record 12 World Championship gold medals, one more than Usain...
Gatorade Agrees to Stop
Sep 22, 2017 12:46 AM CDT
Gatorade Agrees to Stop Disparaging Water
California filed complaint about 'anti-water' video game
- Gatorade has agreed not to make disparaging comments about water as part of a $300,000 settlement reached Thursday with California over allegations it misleadingly portrayed water's benefits in a cellphone game where users refuel Olympic runner Usain Bolt. The game, downloaded 30,000 times in California and 2....
Usain Bolt's 100m Farewell
Spoiled by 2 Americans
Aug 5, 2017 5:03 PM CDT
Usain Bolt's 100m Farewell Spoiled by 2 Americans
Justin Gatlin, Christian Coleman take gold, silver at world championships
- Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair of Americans, the AP reports. The Jamaican great finished third in his final 100-meter race, with Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman taking gold and silver Saturday at the world championships in London. In a tight finish, Bolt was punished for...
Jul 21, 2017 12:23 PM CDT
Reveal About Usain Bolt's Stride Upends Sprinting Science
Jamaican runner has an uneven stride, perhaps due to scoliosis
- You'd think a smooth, even gait would ensure the fastest running speeds for elite athletes—but researchers who studied the world's fastest man have found that, at least in his case, symmetry doesn't matter. Per the
New York Times
, scientists from Southern Methodist University in Dallas released...
Jan 25, 2017 10:08 AM CST
Bolt Loses Gold Medal, Treble Record
Teammate doped during Beijing relay race: IOC
- Usain Bolt has lost his claim to having won three gold medals at three separate Olympics—through no fault of his own. Bolt will be forced to return his gold medal won in the 400-meter relay in Beijing in 2008 because his Jamaican teammate Nesta Carter tested positive for doping,...
10 Best Olympic Moments
Aug 22, 2016 5:37 AM CDT
10 Best Olympic Moments
Simone Biles' jaw-dropping performance makes the list
- The 2016 Olympics came to an end when Rio officially handed things over to 2020 host Tokyo Sunday night in a jubilant closing ceremony that featured, among other things, Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe rising from a pipe dressed as Super Mario. A look back at some of the...
Again: 'I Am
Aug 20, 2016 5:44 AM CDT
Bolt Scores Triple Triple Again: 'I Am the Greatest'
3 golds in 3 Games
- Usain Bolt kneeled down and gave the track one final kiss, then flattened his hand, reached to the ground, and slapped the white number "3'' painted at the finish line, reports AP . Three Olympics, three races at each, three gold medals every time. The man who has transcended...
Bolt Scores Amazing
3rd 200M Gold
Aug 19, 2016 12:39 AM CDT
Bolt Scores Amazing 3rd 200M Gold
'I've proven to the world I'm the greatest'
- Usain Bolt completed an unprecedented third consecutive sweep of the 100- and 200-meter sprints in Rio Thursday, an accomplishment that further elevated his status as the most decorated male sprinter in Olympic history, the AP reports. He won the 200-meter race with a time of 19.78 seconds to defeat...
Ellen Insists She's Not Racist
After Controversial Bolt Tweet
Aug 17, 2016 10:45 AM CDT
Ellen Insists She's Not Racist After Controversial Bolt Tweet
She tweeted picture of herself riding the sprinter
- Ellen DeGeneres is in hot water after tweeting a photo Monday showing her riding on the back of Usain Bolt. The photo of the Jamaican sprinter grinning back at his competitors as he won gold in the 100-meter dash in the Rio Olympics quickly got turned into quite a few...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Nazi Hunter Saw a Change in US
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.