Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
New Coke Is Coming Back
May 21, 2019 2:34 PM CDT
New Coke Is Coming Back
Just 500K cans of it though, thanks to 'Stranger Things'
- New Coke was infamously unpopular , and yet something tells us the 500,000 cans Coca-Cola will soon be making available will go pretty quickly. The widely detested soda was introduced as the new version of the beloved beverage in 1985, but the original version was quickly brought back due to...
Delta, Coke Blasted
Over New Napkins
in case you missed it
Feb 10, 2019 9:27 AM CST
Delta, Coke Blasted Over New Napkins
Companies apologize after encouraging people to write down phone numbers for 'plane crush'
- Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola say they were just trying to encourage a little "old school flirting." Complaining passengers had a different take: "creepy." The companies have pulled Diet Coke napkins (see them here ) that encouraged people to write down their phone number on them...
Coca-Cola's Next Frontier
Might Involve Marijuana
Sep 17, 2018 11:50 AM CDT
Coca-Cola's Next Frontier Might Involve Marijuana
Company reportedly in talks with Canadian firm over cannabis-infused drinks
- Coca-Cola's next big line of products might revolve around a more adult beverage. Bloomberg reports that Coke is in partnership talks with a Canadian company called Aurora Cannabis, the possible outcome being health drinks infused with cannabis and marketed as remedies for ailments such as cramping and inflammation. Neither...
Mean Pricier Coke
Jul 26, 2018 8:21 AM CDT
Trump's Tariffs Mean Pricier Coke
Hit on aluminum imports is one factor
- President Trump's favored Diet Cokes will be climbing in price as a result of recently imposed tariffs. Coca-Cola says it's raising prices for several reasons, including new tariffs on aluminum imports. "We had to take with our bottling partners an increase [in prices] on our sparkling beverage...
Fell Off the Wagon
May 29, 2018 6:03 AM CDT
Coca-Cola Just Fell Off the Wagon
Its first foray into boozy drinks, Fizzy Lemon-Do, will be available only in Japan
- For 132 years, Coca-Cola has stuck to non-alcoholic beverages. No more. On Monday, the company introduced three fizzy lemon drinks in 3%, 5%, and 7% alcohol on the Japanese island of Kyushu, home to 13 million people. Coca-Cola's Lemon-Do falls into Japan's popular "chuhai" category, drinks that...
Coke's Newest Offering
Has Booze in It
Mar 7, 2018 1:13 PM CST
Coke's Newest Offering Has Booze in It
But you'll have to go to Japan to sample Chu-Hi
- Coke: the pause that intoxicates. At least in Japan, where the Coca-Cola Co. will now offer a boozy carbonated beverage called Chu-Hi. The
reports this "alcopop" will be made up of fizzy water, flavoring, and a distilled Japanese alcohol called shochu, which
has described as "the...
New Diet Coke Flavors
Bow to Millennial Whims
Jan 11, 2018 4:33 PM CST
New Diet Coke Flavors Bow to Millennial Whims
'Millennials are now thirstier than ever'
- It appears soda-makers are getting increasingly desperate to hook young people on their product. On Wednesday, Coca-Cola announced four new flavors of Diet Coke—Twisted Mango, Feisty Cherry, Ginger Lime, and Zesty Blood Orange—expressly targeting Millennials, CNN reports. "Millennials are now thirstier than ever for adventures and new...
Japanese Are Drinking Coke
With Laxative Ingredient
Jan 8, 2018 9:45 AM CST
Japanese Are Drinking Coke With Laxative Ingredient
Coca-Cola Plus has a 'Foods for Specified Health Uses' designation
- Those who grab a Coca-Cola Plus in Japan are definitely getting something extra: a laxative and the government's seal of approval. The
Wall Street Journal
reports on the unlikely sounding "health drink," which has qualified as a "Foods for Specified Health Uses" (FOSHU) product, meaning it...
Restaurant Robbed by
Gun-Wielding Coke Bottle
Sep 27, 2017 6:14 PM CDT
Restaurant Robbed by Gun-Wielding Coke Bottle
Police looking for suspect in holdup of a Kentucky Rally's
- The fizz, er fuzz, are on the trail of a man who robbed a Kentucky restaurant at gunpoint while dressed as a bottle of Coca-Cola, the Smoking Gun reports. Police says the suspect entered a Rally's in Henderson shortly before 7am Monday and confronted a manager, who was the...
Only 3 Non-Tech Brands
Make 'Most Valuable' Top 10
Sep 25, 2017 10:25 AM CDT
Only 3 Non-Tech Brands Make 'Most Valuable' Top 10
Apple is No. 1, followed by Google and Microsoft
- If you wanted to create a brand from scratch and make it a valued household name, the tech sector is probably a good place to start. Per
, Interbrand looked at some of the world's biggest brands, then ranked their value—and seven that made it into the...
Coca-Cola Offering $1M
For New Sugar Substitute
Sep 4, 2017 1:20 PM CDT
Coca-Cola Offering $1M For New Sugar Substitute
The company hopes crowdsourcing will help it deal with sugar backlash
- Crowdsourcing and cutting back on sugar are two popular trends these days, and one major American company has had the clever idea of combining the two in order to improve its bottom line. Coca-Cola has announced the "Sweetener Challenge," a competition for researchers and scientists to come up...
Enjoy Your Coke Zero
While You Can, America
Jul 26, 2017 3:42 PM CDT
Enjoy Your Coke Zero While You Can, America
Coca-Cola is replacing Coke Zero with new-ish Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
- Don't call it "New Coke Zero."
reports Coca-Cola will begin phasing out Coke Zero in the US next month, replacing it with the new Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. But the new soda isn't actually all that new. Coca-Cola states it experimented with the recipe for...
Enough to Have
Been in Can
Apr 27, 2017 5:18 PM CDT
Coca-Cola: Mouse Not Decomposed Enough to Have Been in Can
South Dakota man is suing after allegedly finding mouse in his Coke
- A South Dakota man who claims to have found a mouse in a can of soda is suing Coca-Cola, saying he missed 60 hours of work and accumulated $1,000 in medical bills after becoming ill, the AP reports. Coca-Cola attorneys contend the mouse should have been more decomposed because...
Have a Cherry Coke,
Get a Warren Buffett Smile
Apr 4, 2017 7:33 AM CDT
Have a Cherry Coke, Get a Warren Buffett Smile
Billionaire's face is being used on Cherry Coke cans in China
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos may have knocked Warren Buffett into third place on the world's richest people list, but only one of them has been deemed worthy of gracing Cherry Coke cans in China—and it's not Bezos. For a limited time, Coca-Cola is splashing Buffett's mug...
Coca-Cola Plant Shut Down
for Super Gross Reason
Mar 29, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Coca-Cola Plant Shut Down for Super Gross Reason
Cans containing suspected human waste jammed machines
- Police are investigating after suspected human waste was found inside cans at a Coca-Cola plant in Ireland, the
reports. Topless cans arrive at the factory to be filled by Coca-Cola products and sealed before they're sold around Northern Ireland. The cans in question—believed to have come...
Shipment Found in
Sep 1, 2016 2:17 AM CDT
Huge Cocaine Shipment Found in Coca-Cola Plant
They're not going back to the old recipe
- Coca-Cola has been cocaine-free since 1903—unlike its factory in Signes, southern France, where a massive shipment of the drug was discovered this week. Prosecutors say there's no sign that the 815-pound haul of the drug, which is one of the biggest seizures made in French history, had anything...
Lost Its Beer,
Now It's Losing
May 24, 2016 8:47 AM CDT
First Venezuela Lost Its Beer, Now It's Losing Its Coke
Sugar shortage has forced Coca-Cola to halt production there
- Forget about buying the world a Coke —Venezuela can't even buy itself one now. Barely a month after the country's main brewery stopped beer production due to Venezuela's ongoing economic crisis , Coca-Cola has announced that it's also halting production of sugary beverages there because of...
Man Behind World's
'Most Famous Ad'
Dead at 89
May 17, 2016 9:00 AM CDT
Man Behind World's 'Most Famous Ad' Dead at 89
Bill Backer known for Coca-Cola commercial, among many others
- If you were alive in the early '70s, you knew the ad. Even if you weren't, you probably do: "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" was such a hit upon its Feb. 12, 1971, debut that radio DJs were flooded with calls to play...
Coke Shakes Things Up in
Face of Declining Sales
Apr 19, 2016 4:32 PM CDT
Coke Shakes Things Up in Face of Declining Sales
Get used to seeing a lot more red
- Diet Coke fans may soon be seeing red. That's because, as BuzzFeed reports, Coca-Cola is redesigning its bottles and cans to make "Coca-Cola Red," the color most associated with Original Coke, more prominent for Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and whatever Coke Life is. For example, the new...
Our Thirst for Soda Is Bad News for Pepsi, Coke, & Co.
Mar 30, 2016 11:31 AM CDT
Our Thirst for Soda Is Bad News for Pepsi, Coke, & Co.
Per capita consumption at 30-year low: report
- Health experts are cheering a new
report. Soda companies not so much. The report finds per capita consumption of soda hit a 30-year low in 2015, per
. Total volume fell for the 11th straight year with a 1.2% decline, reports Bloomberg . While all major soda companies...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Doritos Has Solved the Issue of Crunching
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.