Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
There's a Silver Lining to This
Nation's Drunk-Driving Problem
Mar 11, 2023 6:30 AM CST
There's a Silver Lining to This Nation's Drunk-Driving Problem
Latvia is sending confiscated vehicles to Ukraine to help it in its fight against Russia
- There's apparently a lot of drunk driving going on in Latvia, which claims some of the highest rates in Europe, and a good number of cars have ended up confiscated and languishing at state impound sites. That's thanks to a recently instituted law that allows for the government...
Dogs Here May Soon See
Big Changes to Their Car Rides
Feb 22, 2023 9:25 AM CST
Dogs Here May Soon See Big Changes to Their Car Rides
New Florida bill would ban pups sticking their heads out windows of moving cars, sitting in driver's lap
- When dogs go for car rides, many of them use the time to "drive and chill," sticking their heads out the window to catch the cool breeze as their human cruises along the thoroughfare. In Florida, however, that kind of carefree canine behavior may soon be coming to...
Teslas in the US Just
Got Less Expensive
Jan 13, 2023 4:10 PM CST
Teslas in the US Just Got Less Expensive
There are sudden big price drops on Model 3, Model Y cars in US, Europe as demand slows
- Last week, Tesla announced it was slashing the prices on all of its Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in China, in an attempt to keep up with a demand slowdown spurred by a slumping economy. Now, the US and Europe are getting a similar deal: Mashable reports the electric...
Tate Loses Bid to End
Detention in Romania
Jan 10, 2023 7:16 PM CST
Tate Loses Bid to End Detention in Romania
Court upholds influencer's 30-day arrest
- A court in Romania has upheld the 30-day arrest of divisive social media personality and self-described misogynist Andrew Tate on charges of organized crime, human trafficking, and rape, an official said Tuesday. Ramona Bolla, a spokesperson for Romanian anti-organized crime agency DIICOT, said the court rejected an appeal by Tate...
Police 'Santa Claus' Uses
Lamborghini to Deliver Organs
Dec 22, 2022 2:35 PM CST
Police 'Santa Claus' Uses Lamborghini to Deliver Organs
Automaker donated supercar to Italian police
- Two transplant patients in Italy received what police call a "Christmas present"—delivered not by sleigh, but by Lamborghini. State police in Bologna used an adapted Lamborghini Huracan supercar donated by the automaker to deliver kidneys to two hospitals hundreds of miles apart this week, AFP reports. The...
Clue Cited in Idaho Slayings
Spurs Avalanche of Tips: Cops
Dec 9, 2022 11:03 AM CST
Clue Cited in Idaho Slayings Spurs Avalanche of Tips: Cops
'Overwhelming' number of tips have come in regarding white car spotted near students' home
- A car seen near the off-campus home where four University of Idaho students were slain last month is the latest possible clue in the case, and it's one that has spurred what CNN reports is an "overwhelming" number of tips. On Wednesday, the Moscow Police Department noted that...
NTSB: Put a
in Every New Car
Sep 21, 2022 7:41 AM CDT
NTSB: Put a Booze Detector in Every New Car
Congress has already required NHTSA to make automakers install systems within 3 years
- The National Transportation Safety Board is recommending that all new vehicles in the US be equipped with blood alcohol monitoring systems that can stop an intoxicated person from driving. The recommendation, if enacted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, could reduce the number of alcohol-related crashes, one of the...
Here's How Expensive
It Is to Buy, Own a Car
Aug 18, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
Here's How Expensive It Is to Buy, Own a Car
Average price paid for a new vehicle hit the highest on record in July
- It's more expensive than ever to purchase a new vehicle, and keeping it on the road is becoming more costly, too. The average cost of owning a new vehicle is currently $10,728 per year, or $894 per month—up 11% from 2021, according to AAA , which considered the...
Jun 3, 2022 7:20 AM CDT
Jerry Seinfeld's Fake Porsche Problem Is Resolved
Comedian has settled 2 lawsuits related to sale of $1.5M Carrera Speedster
Jerry Seinfeld has settled a lawsuit accusing him of selling a counterfeit Porsche and another suit aimed at the dealer from which he purchased the classic car. Fica Frio Ltd. first raised the alarm about the 1958 Porsche Carrera Speedster, said to have been the only one factory-made in...
Spawned From 'Rebellious
DNA,' the DeLorean Is Back
Jun 2, 2022 9:20 AM CDT
Spawned From 'Rebellious DNA,' the DeLorean Is Back
Nearly 40 years after original DeLorean appeared in 'Back to the Future,' the Alpha5 electric version
- There's no Marty McFly behind the wheel, but the DeLorean is back—this time in electric form. Images and specs have been released for the Alpha5 , a concept electric vehicle that features the same signature gull-winged doors as seen in 1985's
Back to the Future
, though with "...
Zero Cars Were Sold
in Shanghai Last Month
May 17, 2022 3:21 PM CDT
Zero Cars Were Sold in Shanghai Last Month
Lockdown hit city's economy hard
- Shanghai is finally beginning to emerge from a long, harsh lockdown that was initially supposed to last only a few days—but the economic damage will take time to recover from. In what Bloomberg sees as evidence of how strict the lockdown was, not a single car was sold in...
What Reviewers Think
of Ford's Electric Truck
May 12, 2022 11:31 AM CDT
What Reviewers Think of Ford's Electric Truck
In short, they are very impressed with the Lightning
- Automotive journalists got to take the new Ford F-150 electric pickup for a spin, and the reviews are downright glowing. Gas-powered F-series trucks have long been the best-selling vehicles in America, and the electric Lightning may continue the trend if the reviews are any indication. The truck, now in production,...
This City's 'Historic
Deluge' of Abandoned
Cars Has No Fix in Sight
Apr 25, 2022 1:26 PM CDT
This City's 'Historic Deluge' of Abandoned Cars Has No Fix in Sight
Included in backlog of 34K vehicle complaints in Philly: speedboats, campaign van, Tastykake trucks
- The city of Philadelphia is more than happy to offer info on how residents can file a report on abandoned cars in the metro area. "Glad you asked!" reads the city's page devoted to "one of our most frequently submitted service requests." And they're...
2 Big Recalls From
2 Major Automakers
Apr 2, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
2 Big Recalls From 2 Major Automakers
Ford is pulling back 737K vehicles over braking, oil leaks; GM 681K vehicles for wiper issues
- While it may have been unfortunate timing, Ford's April Fools' Day announcement was the real deal: The auto manufacturer is recalling more than 737,000 vehicles for two separate issues. Per the AP , about 345,000 Ford Escape SUVs (years 2020 through 2022) and the 2021-22 versions of the...
France's New Street Sensors
to Battle 'Unbearable' Issue
Feb 28, 2022 7:29 AM CST
France's New Street Sensors to Battle 'Unbearable' Issue
'Sound radars' in select cities will ID, photograph vehicles making excessive noise
- "It's unbearable—it's a constant acoustic aggression." That's how one resident of Paris describes the never-ending traffic noise outside his family's apartment, and it's a problem France now hopes to solve with its new "sound radars," reports the
New York Times
Tesla Issues Recall
Over 'Rolling Stops'
Feb 1, 2022 10:45 AM CST
Tesla Issues Recall Over 'Rolling Stops'
54K cars, SUVs recalled due to Full Self-Driving feature that critics say is unsafe
- Tesla is recalling nearly 54,000 cars and SUVs because its "Full Self-Driving" software lets them roll through stop signs without coming to a complete halt. Documents posted Tuesday by US safety regulators say Tesla will disable the feature with an over-the-internet software update, per the AP . The "...
Feature Puts Car
in 'Assertive' Mode
Jan 11, 2022 2:19 PM CST
Tesla Self-Driving Feature Puts Car in 'Assertive' Mode
It allows vehicle to shorten follow distance, come to 'rolling stops'
- A Tesla self-driving feature is drawing backlash for what some are saying could lead to too-aggressive driving. The Verge reports that the company's Full Self-Driving (FSD) beta allows vehicle operators to choose from one of three driving modes that control how the car reacts to road conditions: "Chill,...
This BMW Changes Color
at the Touch of a Button
Jan 6, 2022 11:40 AM CST
This BMW Changes Color at the Touch of a Button
E-ink vehicle wrap works like an e-reader
- The future could see you changing the color of your car with the touch of a button. The technology already exists, as BMW showcased Tuesday at CES, the annual consumer technology trade show in Las Vegas. The car maker unveiled an SUV whose exterior can change from white to black...
Year' Just Got Worse
Nov 19, 2021 8:13 AM CST
Tesla's 'Tumultuous Year' Just Got Worse
Automaker ranked almost last for reliability in new Consumer Reports ranking
- Lexus will be pleased with the latest Consumer Reports new-car reliability rankings , but one big name won't be. After surveying owners of more than 300,000 vehicles that were 2020 or 2021 models, the consumer group placed Tesla second to last (ahead of only the Lincoln brand owned by...
Ford to Make
Its Most 'Dramatic'
Sep 28, 2021 7:54 AM CDT
Ford to Make Its Most 'Dramatic' Investment Ever
Automaker to build assembly plant, 3 factories for EV batteries in South, with hopes of 10.8K jobs
- Ford and a partner company say they plan to build three major electric-vehicle battery factories and an auto assembly plant by 2025—a dramatic investment in the future of EV technology that will create an estimated 10,800 jobs and shift the automaker's future manufacturing footprint toward the South....
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.