Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Owl Had Quite the
Morning on Tuesday
Feb 4, 2023 9:30 AM CST
This Owl Had Quite the Morning on Tuesday
After being circled by crows, rescuers saved injured bird from middle of icy Indiana lake
- A wounded great horned owl is recuperating after being rescued earlier this week from an icy Indiana lake. The
Times of Northwest Indiana
reports that the groundskeeper at Hidden Lake Park in Merrillville first spotted the owl Tuesday morning trying to get off the ground, a swarm of crows circling...
'It's Almost Incomprehensible
What You're Watching'
Jan 17, 2023 9:25 AM CST
'It's Almost Incomprehensible What You're Watching'
Indiana dad faces felony neglect charge after 4-year-old plays with loaded gun on live TV
- An Indiana man is facing a neglect charge after his 4-year-old son was captured playing with a loaded handgun on live TV. Footage from a doorbell camera, showing a diaper-clad boy pulling the trigger of the weapon in the hallway of an apartment complex, was aired Saturday on the Reelz...
Here Are the Worst States
in America for Drivers
Jan 16, 2023 1:02 PM CST
Here Are the Worst States in America for Drivers
And the best, per WalletHub's ranking, which puts Hawaii in last place
- Whether we get behind the wheel for leisurely cruising, for our daily commutes, or to take care of errands, American drivers have long contended with traffic, potholes, fluctuating gas prices, and the other annoyances. WalletHub wanted to see which states were better to drive in than others, and it looked...
College Student Was About
to Exit the Bus. Then, an Attack
Jan 14, 2023 11:30 AM CST
College Student Was About to Exit the Bus. Then, an Attack
Indiana U: 56-year-old Bille Davis of Bloomington attacked student due to anti-Asian hate
- A 56-year-old woman has been charged after an 18-year-old Indiana University student repeatedly was stabbed in the head on a public bus in an attack the school says was because the victim is Asian. The victim told investigators she was standing and waiting for the exit doors to open on...
Abducted Twins Are
Found 175 Miles Apart
Dec 23, 2022 6:28 AM CST
Abducted Twins Are Found 175 Miles Apart
Kyair and Kason Thomass found safe after Ohio kidnapping; suspect arrested
- An infant has been found alive in Indianapolis three days after he and his twin brother were abducted outside an Ohio pizzeria; a suspect has been arrested in their kidnapping. "A photo is worth a thousand words," the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department tweeted Thursday night, showing 5-month-old Kason...
Faculty Demands University
Leader Resign Over Joke
Dec 19, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Faculty Demands University Leader Resign Over Joke
Thomas L. Keon of Purdue University Northwest accused of insulting Asian Americans
- He has apologized, but the chancellor of Purdue University Northwest may lose his job anyway. The faculty senate of the Indiana school has called on Thomas Keon to resign after he spoke gibberish during a speech and called it his "Asian version" of a made-up language, per the AP...
Seeks to Punish
Child Rape Victim's
Dec 1, 2022 9:40 AM CST
Indiana AG Seeks to Punish Child Rape Victim's Abortion Doctor
Todd Rokita's office says Dr. Caitlin Bernard should have reported Ohio girl's case to authorities
- Indiana's Republican attorney general on Wednesday asked the state medical licensing board to discipline an Indianapolis doctor who has spoken publicly about providing an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim who traveled from Ohio after its more-restrictive abortion law took effect. The complaint alleges Dr. Caitlin Bernard violated state...
Investigators Say Bullet
Links Allen to Delphi Murders
Nov 29, 2022 6:21 PM CST
Investigators Say Bullet Links Allen to Delphi Murders
Court document states that shell found near teen's bodies is linked to suspect's weapon
- An unspent bullet found near the bodies of two teenage girls is a key piece of evidence against the man accused of their murders, according to newly released court documents. A partly redacted probable cause affidavit released Tuesday states that an ejected .40-caliber shell has tool marks matching a pistol...
Indiana AG Sued by Doctor Who
Helped Girl, 10, End Pregnancy
Nov 4, 2022 8:40 AM CDT
Indiana AG Sued by Doctor Who Helped Girl, 10, End Pregnancy
Todd Rokita accused of seeking patient records based on 'frivolous' consumer complaints
- An Indiana OB-GYN who provided an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio is suing Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, alleging that the Republican has been issuing subpoenas in a "fishing expedition" based on "meritless" and "frivolous" consumer complaints. Dr. Caitlin Bernard and her colleague Dr....
5 Years Later, an Arrest
in Murder of 2 Girls
Oct 31, 2022 9:52 AM CDT
5 Years Later, an Arrest in Murder of 2 Girls
Libby German and Abigail Williams were killed while hiking in Indiana
- Police in Indiana have made an arrest in the high-profile slaying of two girls out for a hike in Indiana five years ago. Richard Allen, 50, faces two counts of murder in the deaths of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, reports FOX59 . Before the girls were killed near...
Police Plan Announcement on
2017 Slayings of Young Hikers
Oct 28, 2022 3:55 PM CDT
Police Plan Announcement on 2017 Slayings of Young Hikers
Bodies of Liberty German and Abigail Williams were found near a trail in northern Indiana
- Police investigating the unsolved slayings of two teenage girls killed during a 2017 hiking trip in northern Indiana said Friday they will hold a news conference Monday to provide an update on their investigation. Indiana State Police said officials "will announce an update in the Delphi Investigation" but gave...
Mom Said Dead Boy in Suitcase
Was Life-Ruining 'Demon': Cops
Oct 27, 2022 4:45 PM CDT
Mom Said Dead Boy in Suitcase Was Life-Ruining 'Demon': Cops
Murder warrant issued for Dejuane Ludie Anderson, mother of Cairo, who may be in LA
- Indiana state police say they've identified the young boy whose body was found wrapped in a trash bag, stuffed in a suitcase , and abandoned in the southern part of the state, and are now searching for his mother, who is wanted for murder. Police have arrested one person in...
School Board Candidate:
'Not All Nazis Were Bad'
Oct 21, 2022 12:17 PM CDT
School Board Candidate: 'Not All Nazis Were Bad'
Indiana's Dr. Matt Keefer has tripled down in defending his online comments, calling critics 'haters'
- There are multiple candidates running for seats on the Zionsville Community Schools Board of Trustees in Indiana, including Dr. Matt Keefer, an anesthesiologist who calls himself an independent option disliked by both "Republican leaders" and the "extreme left" due to his critical thinking and inability to "be...
After Revealing She
Kept Student 'Kill List'
Oct 14, 2022 8:23 AM CDT
Teacher Arrested After Revealing She Kept Student 'Kill List'
No charges have yet been filed against 5th grade teacher in East Chicago, Indiana
- An elementary school teacher in Indiana has been arrested after police say she told a student she had a "kill list" that named multiple students and staffers at the school. Police say they got a call from St. Stanislaus School in East Chicago late Wednesday afternoon and were told...
Purdue Student Allegedly
Murdered by Roommate
Oct 5, 2022 10:50 AM CDT
Purdue Student Allegedly Murdered by Roommate
Police say suspect called 911
- One Purdue University student is dead and another is in police custody following an apparent homicide early Wednesday in a dorm on the West Lafayette, Ind., campus, per the
University police are investigating, but few details have emerged. In a statement, Purdue President Mitch Daniels said, "This...
Just One Teen
on the Planet
Aced This Test
Sep 26, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Just One Teen on the Planet Aced This Test
Felix Zhang of Indiana apparently knows his calculus
- On planet Earth, some 270,000 students took the AP Calculus AB exam in May 2022. About 20% of them scored a 5, which is the highest score possible. But Felix Zhang did something no one else did: The Indiana high schooler got a perfect score. Then a sophomore at...
Female Officer Shot in Face
Dies From Her Injuries
Sep 19, 2022 12:33 PM CDT
Female Officer Shot in Face Dies From Her Injuries
Seara Burton was due to marry shortly after she was shot on Aug. 10
This story has been updated throughout to reflect the officer's death.
An Indiana police officer who was shot in the face during a traffic stop has died more than two weeks after she was taken off life support. The Richmond Police Department said 28-year-old Seara Burton—who was supposed...
Cops: Crash That Killed Ind. Pol
Caused by Staffer's Driving
Sep 17, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Cops: Crash That Killed Ind. Pol Caused by Staffer's Driving
Police: Zachery Potts was attempting to get by truck in crash that killed Rep. Jackie Walorski
- A staffer for US Rep. Jackie Walorski was trying to pass a flatbed truck on a northern Indiana highway last month when the SUV they were in crashed into an oncoming car, killing Walorski and three other people, police said Friday. A witness traveling behind the SUV told investigators it...
Dad Was Intoxicated When
He and His Kids Drowned
Sep 8, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Dad Was Intoxicated When He and His Kids Drowned
Kyle Moorman and his 3 children set out to go night fishing
The Indiana father and his three children who were found dead in a submerged car in an Indianapolis pond in July died accidentally. The deaths of Kyle Moorman, 27, and his children—1-year-old Kyran Holland, 2-year-old Kyannah Holland, and 5-year-old Kyle Moorman II—were the result of accidental freshwater...
CDC Gives OK to Go to
Wendy's Amid E. Coli Outbreak
Sep 5, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
CDC Gives OK to Go to Wendy's Amid E. Coli Outbreak
6 states report illnesses, with most of those sick saying they ate Wendy's meals with romaine lettuce
- An E. coli surge in four states has now made its way to an additional two states. The CDC reports that New York and Kentucky have joined the list of states affected by the outbreak, including Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, the latter of which has seen 58 of the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
Vendor Serves Up Another 'Insensitive' School Lunch
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
Western New York Jolted Awake: 'Felt Like a Car Hit My House
Chris Brown Didn't Take His Grammy Loss Well
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.