Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Here's What Just Made
Judy Blume Curse on Twitter
Apr 17, 2023 9:08 AM CDT
Here's What Just Made Judy Blume Curse on Twitter
After remarks on JK Rowling, author says it's 'total bull----' she doesn't stand with the trans community
- Judy Blume may be 85 years old, but she's not shy about throwing down on Twitter if she needs to. The Independent reports that the popular children's author—who has penned such classics as
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
—is responding to...
Judy Blume Comes to
Hapless Husband's Rescue
Jul 31, 2015 9:41 AM CDT
Judy Blume Comes to Hapless Husband's Rescue
Guy accidentally gave away wife's prized copy of Margaret
- Lots of husbands do lots of things that land them in the doghouse, but one Brooklyn man has Judy Blume trying to bail him out. As the
New York Daily News
reports, the initially unidentified man accidentally gave away his wife's treasured copy of Blume's classic,
Judy Blume Book
Jun 26, 2014 9:59 AM CDT
Judy Blume Book for Grown-Ups Is Coming
Her first adult novel since 1998
- After a 17-year wait, Judy Blume will release a new novel for adults next summer. Her last,
, was published in 1998. The upcoming book hasn't been titled yet, the
New York Times
reports. All Blume's editor will say of the novel, which she's been talking...
Sep 5, 2012 12:58 PM CDT
Judy Blume Reveals Breast Cancer
Author describes experience on her blog
- Iconic young-adult author Judy Blume was supposed to have a "dream summer" at a castle in Italy; instead, she got diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy in July. She writes about the experience on her blog , noting that now—one month after her surgery—she's "...
Want to Be
Feb 22, 2010 3:50 PM CST
Celebs You'd Want to Be Friends With
Famous people who manage to be polite and pleasant
- Within days of blowing the whistle on celebrities who act like jerks , the Frisky is back with an exposé about famous folks who are just folks—people "we were pleasantly surprised to find were lovely in person."
"Always drunk or stoned but really friendly."
Writers Pick Best Books of '09
Year in Review
Dec 11, 2009 3:40 PM CST
Writers Pick Best Books of '09
Nick Hornby, Judy Blume, and more weigh in
- What was the best book of the year? Salon asked Nick Hornby, Junot Diaz, Curtis Sittenfeld, and other people with better literary credentials than ours what they enjoyed in 2009. Their responses are in the photo gallery.
Don't Get Comfy,
May 5, 2008 4:27 PM CDT
Don't Get Comfy, Harry Potter
Dr. Seuss, EB White win popularity contest over Rowling
- Both are fantasists who've sold zillions of books, but in a recent poll of American children, the classic wins out: Dr. Seuss' works are more popular than JK Rowling's. Three million-plus kids weighed in on an educational software company's website, and Rowling's Harry Potter books trail works by EB White,...
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.