Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
The Beatles Just
Released a New Song
Nov 2, 2023 12:30 PM CDT
The Beatles Just Released a New Song
'Now and Then' features the late John Lennon and George Harrison with Paul and Ringo
- More than 40 years after John Lennon was killed and more than 20 years after George Harrison died, the Beatles have released a new song. Listen to "Now and Then" here . You can also see a short film about how it was made here . The song comes from a...
The Beatles' Last 'New' Song
Is Coming Out Thursday
Oct 27, 2023 9:11 AM CDT
The Beatles' Last 'New' Song Is Coming Out Thursday
'Now and Then' features all Beatles members alive and dead, thanks to AI
- Sixty years after the onset of Beatlemania and with two of the quartet now dead, artificial intelligence has enabled the release next week of what is promised to be the last "new" Beatles song . The track, called "Now And Then," will be available Thursday as part of...
AI's Latest Trick:
A Final Beatles Song
Jun 13, 2023 9:10 AM CDT
AI's Latest Trick: A Final Beatles Song
Paul McCartney says it will be released this year
- For years, Paul McCartney has teased one final Beatles song. Now, with help from artificial intelligence, it's finally complete. "We just finished it up and it'll be released this year," McCartney told the BBC on Tuesday, adding the song began as a demo from John Lennon....
Mark David Chapman
Just Got His 12th No
Sep 13, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Mark David Chapman Just Got His 12th No
John Lennon's killer denied parole, will get another chance in 2024
- The man who shot and killed John Lennon outside his Manhattan apartment building in 1980 has been denied parole for a 12th time, New York corrections officials said Monday, per the AP . Mark David Chapman, 67, appeared before a parole board at the end of August, according to the state'...
Letter Sells for $70K
Aug 24, 2022 12:47 PM CDT
Scathing Lennon-McCartney Letter Sells for $70K
Lennon tells former Beatles bandmate that he clearly 'didn't dig the words' to 'Imagine'
- Beatles memorabilia is valuable—even when it's from low points in the band's history. The Gotta Have Rock and Roll auction house says a scathing post-breakup letter from John Lennon to Paul McCartney has sold for $70,000, including a $14,000 buyer's premium, TMZ reports. In...
Lennon's Angry Letter
to McCartney Up for Sale
Aug 5, 2022 10:38 AM CDT
Lennon's Angry Letter to McCartney Up for Sale
'You know damn well we can't just sign a bit of paper'
- An angry note John Lennon penned to Paul McCartney after the breakup of the Beatles has resurfaced on the auction block. Lennon sent one copy of the three-page typed letter dated Nov. 24, 1971, to McCartney and another to Richard Williams, the editor of British music magazine
'Cover Band' Dig
Oct 17, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
Jagger Embraces 'Cover Band' Dig From McCartney
Comments reenergized the long Beatles-Stones rivalry
- Mick Jagger paused between songs to say a few things to the more than 50,000 fans at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles—a big crowd for a cover band. "There's so many celebrities here tonight, of course, you know, naturally," he said. "Megan Fox is...
Broke Up the Beatles
Oct 10, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
McCartney: Lennon Broke Up the Beatles
Ono and Lennon were 'making a new life,' he says
- The Beatles, who broke up more than a half-century ago, might instead have gone on making music for years, Paul McCartney says. But they went their four ways, and after receiving much of the popular blame since because he had broken the news, McCartney wants to make clear that it...
Lennon Tape Not Heard for
50 Years Hits Auction Block
Sep 29, 2021 11:50 AM CDT
Lennon Tape Not Heard for 50 Years Hits Auction Block
Includes never-released 'Radio Peace,' performed during John and Yoko's 1970 Denmark visit
- Think you've heard every John Lennon bootleg, remaster, and import? There's a new tape in the mix, unheard for more than 50 years, though you'll have to convince the person who just bought it for $58,300 at auction to play it. The 33-minute recording made in...
He May Have Been First
to Report John Lennon's Death
Dec 8, 2020 10:45 AM CST
He May Have Been First to Report John Lennon's Death
WLIR's Steve North remembers that night, as does a BBC reporter at the scene 40 years ago
- On this night exactly 40 years ago, Mark David Chapman fatally shot John Lennon outside the Dakota apartment building where Lennon lived. Two journalists who reported on the events in 1980 reflect on the anniversary:
WLIR's Steve North writes in the Daily Beast that he believes he
It for His Own
Nov 22, 2020 3:00 PM CST
Lennon Signed It for His Own Killer. Now, the Auction Block
TMZ estimates its value at up to $2 million
- The album John Lennon signed for his killer is hitting the auction block and could rake in up to $2 million, TMZ reports. Lennon signed the
album for Mark David Chapman on December 8, 1980, only hours before Chapman shot him four times on the Upper West Side...
This Would Have Been
Big Birthday for John Lennon
Oct 9, 2020 9:48 AM CDT
This Would Have Been Big Birthday for John Lennon
Paul McCartney posts tribute to his fellow Beatle's 80th
- It's hard enough to wrap our heads around the fact that John Lennon was killed nearly 40 years ago. Now another fact to make our jaws drop: He would've been 80 years old Friday. And as tributes circulate on the internet , one "heartfelt message" in particular is...
He 'Did Wrong' by Ono Before.
Suit Says He's Doing It Again
Oct 2, 2020 9:15 AM CDT
He 'Did Wrong' by Ono Before. Suit Says He's Doing It Again
She sues John Lennon's former assistant in copyright battle going back decades
- For decades, Yoko One has been involved in a legal skirmish with a former assistant to late husband John Lennon, and the battle has just ramped up again. TMZ reports the 87-year-old artist and activist has filed a lawsuit against Frederic Seaman, whom she accuses of copyright infringement and breach...
It's an 11th 'No' for
John Lennon's Killer
Aug 26, 2020 2:28 PM CDT
It's an 11th 'No' for John Lennon's Killer
Mark David Chapman once again denied parole
- The man who gunned down John Lennon outside his Manhattan apartment in 1980 was denied parole for an 11th time, state corrections officials said Wednesday. Officials said Mark David Chapman was denied after being interviewed by a parole board Aug. 19, the AP reports. Chapman, 65, is serving a 20-years-to-life...
Gal Gadot Tried
to Cheer Us
Up About Virus.
Mar 19, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
Gal Gadot Tried to Cheer Us Up About Virus. It Flopped
Most online commenters didn't seem to care for her celebrity-studded cover of John Lennon's 'Imagine'
- Gal Gadot obviously meant well—but her attempt to instill some hope amid the coronavirus outbreak isn't going over quite as planned. The
notes that the
star gathered a bunch of celebrities together to make a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine" to "lift...
Ringo Starr Gets the
Band Back Together
Oct 31, 2019 1:03 PM CDT
Ringo Starr Gets the Band Back Together
For one song, the Beatles are together, kind of
- A decades-old shoutout from John Lennon helped pave the way toward Ringo Starr's latest single—a Beatles reunion of sorts. Paul McCartney plays bass on " Grow Old With Me ," which is one of the last songs written by Lennon. What's more, producer Jack Douglas inserted a...
Lennon's Killer: I Intentionally
Chose Those Bullets
Nov 16, 2018 6:16 AM CST
Lennon's Killer: I Intentionally Chose Those Bullets
He's not '100% remorseful' and 'weeping' yet, per transcript of last parole hearing
- Is John Lennon's killer completely repentant yet? By his own admission, no, but he's getting there. "As each year goes by, I feel more and more shame," Mark David Chapman said at his last parole hearing in August, the transcript of which was released Thursday, per...
Parole Panel Has Familiar Word
for John Lennon's Killer
Aug 24, 2018 12:25 AM CDT
Parole Panel Has Familiar Word for John Lennon's Killer
Mark David Chapman is told no for the 10th time
- The man who murdered John Lennon will remain behind bars after his 10th unsuccessful parole hearing, reports the
. Mark David Chapman, now 63, was turned down again this week. No reasons have yet been made public, but the newspaper reports that Yoko Ono sent the parole board a...
Stolen Trove of
John Lennon Items
Found at Auction House
Nov 23, 2017 3:24 AM CST
Stolen Trove of John Lennon Items Found at Auction House
Yoko Ono's former driver is a suspect
- Yoko Ono is going to be reunited with a trove of John Lennon memorabilia that apparently took a long and winding road after being stolen from her New York home in 2006. Police in Germany say they have recovered more than 100 items, including diaries, glasses, and sheet music, many...
Billy Corgan Says
He Saw a Human
Oct 18, 2017 8:21 AM CDT
Billy Corgan Says He Saw a Human Shift Shape
And 8 more celebs who say they've seen something otherworldly
- It's only Wednesday, and yet it's already been a good week for the paranormal. First came coverage of Miami GOP congressional candidate Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, who once said she's remained in telepathic contact with aliens ever since she was abducted at age 7 by "three blond,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Another of Italy's 'Leaning' Towers May Be in Trouble
Doritos Caters to Gamers With Crunch-Silencing App
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
One Group of Creatives Has Stellar Mental Health
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.