Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Police Make Arrest in Killing of Tupac Shakur in 1996
Stories 1 - 20 |
Aug 16, 2023 6:28 AM CDT
Mar-a-Lago's Property Manager Enters Plea
Carlos De Oliveira denies 4 charges in classified documents case
- Mar-a-Lago's property manager pleaded not guilty Tuesday to four charges in former President Trump's classified documents case. Carlos De Oliveira, 56, is accused of conspiring with Trump to keep boxes of documents from being returned to the federal government, including through the attempted deletion of security footage . The...
Mar-a-Lago Worker Makes
First Court Appearance
Jul 31, 2023 11:57 AM CDT
Mar-a-Lago Worker Makes First Court Appearance
Carlos De Oliveria is accused of scheming with Trump to try to delete security footage
- The property manager of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate made his first court appearance on Monday on charges in the classified documents case against the former president but did not enter a plea because he has not found a Florida-based attorney to represent him. Carlos De Oliveira is accused of...
Trump Workers Might Have
Practiced Moving Boxes of Files
May 25, 2023 4:30 PM CDT
Trump Workers Might Have Practiced Moving Boxes of Files
Prosecutors collect evidence indicating classified files were kept in the open in Mar-a-Lago office
- Federal investigators have information that two employees of former President Donald Trump moved boxes of papers at Mar-a-Lago the day before FBI agents arrived to seize classified documents. People familiar with the case also said Trump and his aides held a "dress rehearsal" for moving sensitive papers before a...
Prosecutors Are Probing
Trump's Ties to LIV Golf
May 5, 2023 9:11 AM CDT
Prosecutors Are Probing Trump's Ties to LIV Golf
Classified documents investigation also examines possible gaps in security footage
- The Justice Department has found an insider witness in its intensifying investigation into former President Trump's handling of classified documents. That's according to the
New York Times
, which reports the unknown witness, who worked for Trump at Mar-a-Lago, has handed over a photo of the storage room where...
Feds Score a Win in
Mar-a-Lago Documents Case
Mar 23, 2023 7:50 AM CDT
Feds Score a Win in Mar-a-Lago Documents Case
Trump lawyer ordered to hand over documents connected to investigation
- A federal appeals court in a sealed order Wednesday directed a lawyer for Donald Trump to turn over to prosecutors documents in the investigation into the former president's retention of classified records at his Florida estate. The ruling is a significant win for the Justice Department, which has focused...
Mar-a-Lago Staffers Called to
Testify About Classified Docs
Mar 17, 2023 9:57 AM CDT
Mar-a-Lago Staffers Called to Testify About Classified Docs
Dozens of subpoenas apply to servers, housekeeper, Trump aides: CNN
- While a grand jury in Manhattan is hearing from witnesses as it considers an indictment of former President Trump over a hush money payment to a porn star, another in Washington, DC, is expected to hear from at least two dozen witnesses as it weighs Trump's handling of classified...
Feb 13, 2023 6:39 PM CST
Classified Folder Helped Trump Sleep: Lawyer
Empty 'Classified Evening Summary' folder blocked light on phone, Timothy Parlatore says
- A lawyer for Donald Trump has explained what one folder labeled "classified" was used for at the former president's Florida home. "He has one of those landline telephones next to his bed, and it has a blue light on it, and it keeps him up at night,...
Squabbling Over Trump
in case you missed it
Dec 25, 2022 8:22 AM CST
Journey Bandmates Squabbling Over Trump
Neal Schon sends Jonathan Cain a cease-and-desist after he performed 'Don't Stop Believin''
- Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain, who along with guitarist Neal Schon and the band's then-singer Steve Perry co-wrote "Don't Stop Believin'," performed the iconic song for former President Trump at Mar-a-Lago last month—and now there's an intra-band feud over the matter. Schon, who's had...
Ahead of Hurricane
Nov 9, 2022 7:40 PM CST
Evacuation Orders Ahead of Hurricane Include Mar-a-Lago
Nicole could erode Florida beaches already damaged by Ian
- A Florida-bound storm strengthened into Hurricane Nicole on Wednesday after pounding the Bahamas, as US officials ordered evacuations that included former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club. It's a rare November hurricane for storm-weary Florida, where only two such hurricanes have made landfall since recordkeeping began in 1853—the...
Report: Trump Aide
Granted Immunity in
Nov 3, 2022 6:35 AM CDT
Report: Trump Aide Granted Immunity in Mar-a-Lago Case
Kash Patel invoked the Fifth Amendment in grand jury appearance last month
- A top adviser to former President Trump has been granted immunity and ordered to testify before a grand jury investigating Trump's handling of classified documents after leaving office, sources tell outlets including the
Wall Street Journal
New York Times
. Former Defense Department official Kash Patel appeared before...
Supreme Court Turns Down
Trump's Request on Files
Oct 13, 2022 2:51 PM CDT
Supreme Court Turns Down Trump's Request on Files
Justices stay out of fight over criminal investigation of former president
This file has been updated with the context of the Supreme Court's earlier ruling allowing a House committee access to certain White House documents.
Former President Trump failed Thursday in his attempt to pull the Supreme Court into the legal fight over classified documents seized by the FBI...
Employee Says Trump Ordered
Boxes Moved After Subpoena
Oct 13, 2022 1:34 AM CDT
Employee Says Trump Ordered Boxes Moved After Subpoena
And security camera footage may show exactly that happening at Mar-a-Lago
- Former President Trump directed employees to move boxes of documents after he was subpoenaed in May for any classified documents still in his possession, according to a Trump employee who spoke to federal agents. Sources familiar with the FBI investigation into Trump's handling of classified documents talked to the...
DOJ to Supreme Court:
Tell Trump No
Oct 12, 2022 6:51 AM CDT
DOJ to Supreme Court: Tell Trump No
DoJ asks high court to deny Trump's appeal in Mar-a-Lago raid case
- The Justice Department on Tuesday responded to the bid by former President Trump's legal team last week requesting that the Supreme Court intervene in the Mar-a-Lago raid case. In its filing, the DoJ asked the high court to deny the Trump team's appeal to the SCOTUS requesting that...
Trump, Bush, a Bowling Alley,
and a Chinese Restaurant
Oct 11, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Trump, Bush, a Bowling Alley, and a Chinese Restaurant
Here is what the former president was talking about
- A lot of headlines have been floating around the last few days about former President George HW Bush, a bowling alley, and a Chinese restaurant. The weird combination stems from comments made by former President Trump at a political rally, where he was defending his handling of presidential documents and...
Trump Wants SCOTUS to
Intervene in Mar-a-Lago Case
Oct 4, 2022 4:07 PM CDT
Trump Wants SCOTUS to Intervene in Mar-a-Lago Case
He wants special master to review classified documents seized from his estate
- Lawyers for former President Donald Trump asked the Supreme Court on Tuesday to step into the legal fight over the classified documents seized during an FBI search of his Florida estate, escalating a dispute over the powers of an independent arbiter appointed to inspect the records. The Trump team asked...
Judge: Trump Doesn't
Have to Declare FBI
Sep 30, 2022 5:05 AM CDT
Judge: Trump Doesn't Have to Declare FBI Planted Evidence
Federal judge overrules special master
- The federal judge who granted Donald Trump's request to have a special master review documents seized from Mar-a-Lago has overruled the special master. US District Court Judge Aileen Cannon issued an order Thursday rejecting the faster timeline the independent arbiter had proposed for the review, Politico reports. She also...
Info Just by
Sep 22, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Trump: Presidents Can Declassify Info Just by Thinking It
Former president tells Hannity all Mar-a-Lago papers were declassified
- As the Justice Department moves ahead with a possible criminal case against Donald Trump over his handling of classified documents, the former president is doubling down on a basic line of defense. Trump told Sean Hannity of Fox News Wednesday that everything at Mar-a-Lago was, in fact, declassified because he...
'Overwhelming Victory' for
Justice Dept. in Trump Probe
Sep 22, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
'Overwhelming Victory' for Justice Dept. in Trump Probe
Court lifts hold on Mar-a-Lago records
- In a stark repudiation of Donald Trump's legal arguments, a federal appeals court on Wednesday permitted the Justice Department to resume its use of classified records seized from the former president's Florida estate as part of its ongoing criminal investigation, the AP reports. The ruling from a three-judge...
'60 minutes' interview
Sep 19, 2022 12:44 AM CDT
Biden Says 'Pandemic Is Over'
And more from president's '60 Minutes' interview
- President Biden appeared on
Sunday night in what the AP refers to as a "rare" interview, discussing the COVID-19 pandemic and the raid on former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, among other things. His declaration on the state of the pandemic in the US was fairly bold:...
DOJ to Appeals
Delay May Cause
Sep 17, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
DOJ to Appeals Court: Probe Delay May Cause 'Irreparable Harm'
Agency asks court to block judge's ruling keeping it from classified records seized at Mar-a-Lago
As anticipated, the Justice Department on Friday put in a request with a federal appeals court to temporarily put on hold a Trump-appointed judge's order that's keeping it from reviewing hundreds of pages of classified materials seized during the August raid of the former president's estate...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.