Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent rape news stories, accusations, and cases on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Some Big Names
Went to Bat for Masterson
in Support Letters
Sep 9, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Some Big Names Went to Bat for Masterson in Support Letters
Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis called 'That '70s Show' co-star a 'role model' who helped them avoid drugs
- Nearly 50 people submitted letters in support of
That '70s Show
actor Danny Masterson ahead of his sentencing this week for the rape of two women in 2003, and now some of those letters are coming to light, with some big names behind them. Married couple Ashton Kutcher and...
Actor Danny Masterson
Gets 30 Years to Life for Rapes
Sep 7, 2023 1:55 PM CDT
Actor Danny Masterson Gets 30 Years to Life for Rapes
'That '70s Show' star was convicted in two assaults
- A judge sentenced
That '70s Show
star Danny Masterson to 30 years to life in prison Thursday for the rapes of two women two decades ago. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Charlaine F. Olmedo handed down the sentence to the 47-year-old Masterson after hearing statements from the women about the...
PM: Video of Mob Assaulting
Women 'Shamed India'
Jul 20, 2023 1:50 PM CDT
PM: Video of Mob Assaulting Women 'Shamed India'
Modi vows action after mob is filmed bringing two women to field
- Disturbing footage out of India shows a group of men sexually assaulting two naked women being led to an empty field, where at least one of the women was gang-raped, according to a police complaint. Footage of the May 4 incident has triggered an uprising in the state of Manipur,...
In Houston Suburb,
a 'Very, Very Evil, Evil Thing'
Jul 18, 2023 1:48 PM CDT
In Houston Suburb, a 'Very, Very Evil, Evil Thing'
Couple accused of kidnapping teen, holding her captive for a month
- An 18-year-old woman was sexually abused over the course of a month while held against her will in a Texas neighborhood before escaping her restraints and running for help, according to police. A resident of the Houston suburb of Humble tells KHOU that a "shaking" barefoot woman showed up...
Man Who Raped, Impregnated
Ohio 10-Year-Old Sentenced
Jul 5, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
Man Who Raped, Impregnated Ohio 10-Year-Old Sentenced
Gerson Fuentes' victim had to travel to Indiana for abortion
- An Ohio man who raped his girlfriend's young daughter, causing the 10-year-old to seek an abortion in Indiana in a case that made national headlines, has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years. Gerson Fuentes, a 28-year-old Guatemalan national, pleaded guilty to...
A Decade of
Dr. Luke Is Over
Jun 23, 2023 2:05 AM CDT
A Decade of Legal Battles Between Kesha, Dr. Luke Is Over
Suits, countersuits that started in 2014 have all been settled
- After nearly 10 years, the legal battle between Kesha and Dr. Luke is over. The pop star had, in 2014, sued the music producer, claiming he drugged and raped her while they were working together. He countersued, and a series of other claims and counterclaims followed. But on Thursday, both...
Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Rape Trial
Stopped Right Before It Started
Jun 6, 2023 11:25 AM CDT
Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Rape Trial Stopped Right Before It Started
Actor settles with woman who said he raped her in New York hotel room a decade ago
- Just as a trial was to begin, it was revealed Tuesday that Cuba Gooding Jr. has settled accusations that he raped a woman in a New York City hotel a decade ago, according to court records. The actor had insisted through lawyers that his encounter with the woman was consensual...
New Life Is
One of Grief
May 27, 2023 4:35 PM CDT
Alice Sebold's New Life Is One of Grief and 'Shame'
Bestselling author hasn't yet met with Anthony Broadwater, whom she once thought raped her
- More than a year after the man she wrongfully accused of raping her had his conviction overturned, author Alice Sebold is still struggling to comprehend her role in what happened. "I still don't know where to go with this but to grief and to silence and to shame,...
Ex-NFL Punter: Evidence
Shows I Wasn't at Alleged Rape
May 12, 2023 9:53 AM CDT
Ex-NFL Punter: Evidence Shows I Wasn't at Alleged Rape
Alleged victim reviewed the video, says 'I don't think it exonerates anybody'
- A 101-minute long recording reveals NFL-drafted punter Matt Araiza was not present for the alleged gang rape of a teenager by members of the San Diego State football team. Araiza, who was previously let go by the Buffalo Bills, has sent the recording to NFL teams in an effort to...
Ex-Manager Accuses Singer
of 'Torrential Sexual Abuse'
May 12, 2023 5:44 AM CDT
Ex-Manager Accuses Singer of 'Torrential Sexual Abuse'
Country singer Jimmie Allen dropped by label after former manager files lawsuit
- Country singer Jimmie Allen is being sued by a former member of his management team who says she was repeatedly raped during a "torrential cycle" of abuse over 18 months. The former manager, a woman in her early 20s, has filed a civil lawsuit against Allen alleging sexual battery,...
Jury in Trump's Rape Trial
May 9, 2023 6:29 AM CDT
Jury in Trump's Rape Trial Begins Deliberations
Both sides presented closing arguments Monday
- A jury in New York City is set to begin deliberations Tuesday in a civil trial over advice columnist E. Jean Carroll's claims that Donald Trump raped her in a luxury Manhattan department store in 1996, the AP reports. US District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan will read instructions on...
E. Jean Carroll,
'He'll Bury You'
Apr 27, 2023 6:37 AM CDT
Friend Told E. Jean Carroll, 'He'll Bury You'
'To get my day in court finally is everything,' says writer who accuses Donald Trump of rape
- A "very funny situation" in the Bergdorf Goodman department store developed into anything but when Donald Trump followed E. Jean Carroll into a dressing room and raped her in 1996, the writer testified in court Wednesday. Breaking down in tears at various points during the hours-long testimony, the former...
E. Jean Carroll Takes Stand
in Trump Civil Trial
Apr 26, 2023 3:02 PM CDT
E. Jean Carroll Takes Stand in Trump Civil Trial
Carroll said the former president 'lied and shattered my reputation'
- Writer E. Jean Carroll testified in her lawsuit against former President Donald Trump on Wednesday, stating that in 1996 Trump raped her in a fitting room and later denied and defamed her after she went public, reports NPR . On the stand, Carroll indicated she's seeking to restore her reputation....
Discarded Coffee Cup Leads to
Arrest for 2 Long-Ago Rapes
Apr 26, 2023 10:40 AM CDT
Discarded Coffee Cup Leads to Arrest for 2 Long-Ago Rapes
Kurt Alan Rillema accused of raping women in Michigan (1999) and Pennsylvania (2000)
- An "avid golfer" in Michigan is facing charges of raping two women at golf courses more than 20 years ago after police pulled DNA from a coffee cup he threw away. Police say DNA links Kurt Alan Rillema, 51, of West Bloomfield, to a September 1999 attack at the...
Trial Begins in
Trump's Rape Case
Apr 26, 2023 12:38 AM CDT
Trial Begins in Trump's Rape Case
E. Jean Carroll is suing the former president for rape, defamation
- The civil trial over E. Jean Carroll's rape and defamation lawsuit against former President Trump started Tuesday, with jury selection and opening statements taking place in a Manhattan federal courtroom just blocks from where Trump's historic arraignment took place earlier this month. Trump was not present for jury...
Stanford University Employee
Lied About Rapes: Police
Mar 16, 2023 12:19 AM CDT
Stanford University Employee Lied About Rapes: Police
Rape reports had led hundreds of students to march in October demanding more protection
- A 25-year-old Stanford University employee was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony perjury for allegedly lying about being raped twice last year on campus, the AP reports. Jennifer Ann Gries of Santa Clara first reported a false sexual attack in August when she told a nurse at Valley Medical Center...
Woman Who Lied About
Rape, Trafficking Gets 8 Years
Mar 14, 2023 6:57 PM CDT
Woman Who Lied About Rape, Trafficking Gets 8 Years
3 men falsely accused by British woman Eleanor Williams attempted suicide
- After Eleanor Williams claimed to have been raped and trafficked by a gang of Asian men in the north of England, a "Justice for Ellie" solidarity campaign spread worldwide and there was a surge in hate crimes in her hometown of Barrow. But her allegations were "complete fiction,...
I Was Drugged,
Raped at 15
Feb 24, 2023 3:45 PM CST
Paris Hilton: I Was Drugged, Raped at 15
Reality star says her drink knocked her out for hours
- Paris Hilton, who has testified before Congress about being abused as a boarding school student, said in a new interview that she was drugged and raped as a teenager. She and her friends had met a group she described as older guys at Century City Mall in Los Angeles, who...
Kidnap Suspect Could Get
5 Life Sentences Plus 36 Years
Feb 16, 2023 12:32 PM CST
Kidnap Suspect Could Get 5 Life Sentences Plus 36 Years
Timothy Haslett, Jr. accused of raping captive who escaped his Missouri home in metal collar
- A Missouri grand jury has indicted a man accused of kidnapping and raping a woman with charges that could result in five life sentences. Timothy Haslett, Jr. was indicted Tuesday on nine felony counts including one count of kidnapping, one count of first-degree rape, four counts of first-degree sodomy, two...
Ex-Cop Who 'Brazenly Raped'
a Dozen Women Gets Life
Feb 7, 2023 1:02 PM CST
Ex-Cop Who 'Brazenly Raped' a Dozen Women Gets Life
David Carrick was one of UK's worst serial rapists, involved in attacks that spanned 17 years
- An ex-London police officer was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison with a minimum term of 30 years for raping and sexually assaulting a dozen women over a 17-year period. David Carrick, 48, formerly of the Metropolitan Police, admitted last month he was a serial rapist in what prosecutors described...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.