Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pairs Her News
With Candid Photo
Jan 24, 2023 3:06 PM CST
Princess Eugenie Pairs Her News With Candid Photo
She's expecting a second child
- There's a new royal baby coming, and it's set to be 13th in line for the British throne. Buckingham Palace on Tuesday confirmed that Princess Eugenie is expecting her second child this summer, having given birth to August Philip Hawke Brooksbank in February 2021. She married Jack Brooksbank...
King Charles Coronation
Includes Concert, 'Big Lunch'
Jan 23, 2023 11:48 AM CST
King Charles Coronation Includes Concert, 'Big Lunch'
Monarch, to be officially crowned weekend of May 6-8, wants the public to participate
- The itinerary for King Charles III's coronation has been set, and it's a celebration that will spread out over three days.
offer a rundown of scheduled events for May 6-8, starting on that Saturday with a procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey for...
Had a Very Good
Jan 20, 2023 9:09 AM CST
Had a Very Good First Week
Prince's memoir sold more than 3.2M copies worldwide
- If Prince Harry was worried that leaks of his new memoir ahead of its Jan. 10 release would hurt sales, he needn't have fretted.
ended up selling upward of 3.2 million copies around the globe in its first week, and the AP notes the book will probably...
For the Palace,
'Truth Didn't Matter'
Jan 10, 2023 7:35 AM CST
Prince Harry: For the Palace, 'Truth Didn't Matter'
He describes falsities, Charles planting unflattering stories about his sons
- Then-Prince Charles awoke his 12-year-old son to tell him his mother had died in a car crash—but he didn't hug him. "He wasn't great at showing emotions under normal circumstances. How could he be expected to show them in such a crisis?" Prince Harry writes in...
Harry Talks Losing His Virginity,
Using Psychic to Talk to Mom
Jan 6, 2023 8:45 AM CST
Harry Talks Losing His Virginity, Using Psychic to Talk to Mom
War kills, bigotry, 'the other woman' also come up in memoir 'Spare'
- To say Prince Harry opens up in his new memoir is surely an understatement. In addition to revealing a physical altercation with his brother , he discusses feeling the "absence of love and affection in our home" as a child, using cocaine at 17, losing his virginity in a field...
Harry's Hits on 'Archnemesis'
William Keep on Coming
Jan 5, 2023 9:35 AM CST
Harry's Hits on 'Archnemesis' William Keep on Coming
In another leak from upcoming memoir, Harry says Will, Kate encouraged 2005 Nazi costume
- Prince Harry's memoir,
, is due out Tuesday, but some of the more explosive excerpts are already trickling out. On Wednesday it was reported that Harry details in his book a physical attack against him by his older brother, Prince William, in 2019 on the grounds of Kensington Palace....
Palace Aide Apologizes
for Pressing Black Guest
Dec 16, 2022 3:40 PM CST
Palace Aide Apologizes for Pressing Black Guest
Ngozi Fulani, a British citizen, says she was repeatedly asked where she was 'really from'
- An honorary Buckingham Palace aide who repeatedly asked a Black guest at a reception where she's "really from" apologized Friday in a meeting of the two that a royal statement described as "filled with warmth and understanding." Ngozi Fulani accepted Susan Hussey's apology, the statement...
Harry: William Screaming
at Me Was 'Terrifying'
Dec 15, 2022 6:40 AM CST
Harry: William Screaming at Me Was 'Terrifying'
And Meghan describes being 'fed to the wolves,' in final 3 episodes of Netflix's 'Harry & Meghan'
- If there were any hopes that Netflix's
Harry & Meghan
would somehow reconcile Prince Harry and Prince William, those hopes were further dashed Thursday with the release of the final three installments of the six-episode series. Per CNBC , the fifth episode delves into what's described as an "...
Christmas Card Photo Has
William, Kate in Sneakers
Dec 14, 2022 11:16 AM CST
Christmas Card Photo Has William, Kate in Sneakers
It's jeans for the Prince and Princess of Wales
- King Charles wore a three-piece suit and Camilla, queen consort, donned a hat for their Christmas card . The Prince and Princess of Wales took the more casual route for their own holiday greeting. Their Christmas card image, released Tuesday, shows Prince William and Kate in jeans and sneakers, walking hand...
Source: Prince William
'Will Never Forgive Harry'
Dec 14, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Source: Prince William 'Will Never Forgive Harry'
He reportedly feels brother is 'selling them out to the media' with 'Harry & Meghan'
- The second volume of the Netflix docuseries
Harry & Meghan
debuts Thursday, though it seems unlikely to repair the damage done to Prince Harry's relationship with his brother. "The relationship between the brothers is over and it doesn't make a great deal of difference what is in...
Her Wife by
Dec 13, 2022 8:34 AM CST
Her Wife by Her Side, Hawaii's 'Last Princess' Dies
Abigail Kawananakoa, 96, descended from royal family that first ruled islands, Irish businessman
- Abigail Kinoiki Kekaulike Kawananakoa, the so-called last Hawaiian princess whose lineage included the royal family that once ruled the islands and an Irish businessman who became one of Hawaii's largest landowners, died on Sunday. She was 96. Her death was announced Monday morning outside Iolani Palace, America's only...
Harry and Meghan's Netflix
Trailers Are Being Picked Apart
Dec 6, 2022 8:43 AM CST
Harry and Meghan's Netflix Trailers Are Being Picked Apart
Images that show a hounding press have no actual connection to the couple
- The first three episodes of Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix docuseries don't drop until Thursday, but the critics are already coming for them. The first trailer for
Harry & Meghan
released last Thursday features the prince saying "I had to do everything I could to protect my...
In Netflix Trailer,
Doesn't Hold Back
Dec 5, 2022 9:35 AM CST
In Netflix Trailer, Prince Harry Doesn't Hold Back
He references the 'pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution'
- Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix docuseries has a release date, and those eager to watch the six-part series—described as showing "the other side" of the couple's "high-profile love story," per
—won't have to wait long. The first three episodes of
On First Day in US, a Surprise
Event for William and Kate
Dec 1, 2022 6:41 AM CST
On First Day in US, a Surprise Event for William and Kate
Royals had much fun watching Celtics take on Miami Heat in Boston
- It's been eight years since Prince William and Kate, Princess of Wales, took in an NBA game, but that streak is now over. ESPN reports that, in a surprise appearance, the royal couple showed up at Boston's TD Garden on Wednesday evening to watch the matchup between the...
Prince William, Kate
Headed to Boston,
and It's Weighty
Nov 29, 2022 3:08 PM CST
Prince William, Kate Headed to Boston, and It's Weighty
A lot has changed since they were last here
- On Friday the winners of the Earthshot Prize will be announced at a Boston ceremony studded with big names—Billie Eilish, Annie Lennox, Rami Malek, Catherine O’Hara, and Shailene Woodley among them. But those will likely all be dwarfed by two: Prince William and the Princess of Wales, who...
Prince Harry's Memoir
Gets a Fitting Title
Oct 27, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Prince Harry's Memoir Gets a Fitting Title
Book will be called 'Spare,' a reference to his position as younger brother to a future king
- Prince Harry's memoir—which he once promised to be an "accurate and wholly truthful" account of his life, including "the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned"—is coming Jan. 10. On Thursday, his publishers announced it would be called
, an apparent nod to...
Oct 20, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Growing Chorus Urges Disclaimer on
Dame Judi Dench says 'cruelly unjust' storylines on Netflix show risk damaging the monarchy
- Netflix balked at a request by the UK's then-culture secretary to put a disclaimer on
—one that would make clear that its portrayal of the British royal family isn't accurate—with the release of the show's fourth season, which portrayed a tumultuous time in Charles...
King Charles' Words to
Truss Have People Buzzing
Oct 13, 2022 4:25 PM CDT
King Charles' Words to Truss Have People Buzzing
Were his comments 'political,' or maybe 'empathetic'?
- An awkward greeting from King Charles on Wednesday is one indication of just how bad Liz Truss' four weeks in office have been. In her first weekly audience with the monarch at Buckingham Palace, the prime minister curtseyed, saying, "Lovely to see you again." At the same time,...
Charles Skips the Crown,
Faces Left for New Coins
Sep 30, 2022 10:33 AM CDT
Charles Skips the Crown, Faces Left for New Coins
New king is replacing the late queen on British money
- Britain's Royal Mint has unveiled the first coins to feature the portrait of King Charles III. Britons will begin to see Charles’ image on their change from around December, as 50-pence coins depicting him gradually enter circulation, per the AP . The new monarch's effigy was created by British...
Cause of Death
Sep 29, 2022 12:33 PM CDT
Queen's 2-Word Cause of Death Is Released
You can probably guess it
- A final footnote on the death of Queen Elizabeth: The 96-year-old monarch's official cause of death has been revealed to be "old age," reports
. Her occupation, as listed on the death certificate released by the National Record of Scotland, is "Her Majesty the Queen,"...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
Shots Fired as Intruder Breaches Home of Air Force One
After a Drowning, Amusement Park Ride Closes for Good
Harry Styles' Grammys Speech Caused Mass Bewilderment
Police: Fentanyl Killing Teens May Have Come From One Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.