Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Apple Has Ducking Great News
for iPhone Pottymouths
Jun 6, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
Apple Has Ducking Great News for iPhone Pottymouths
Company's iOS 17 features enhanced autocorrect that makes it easier for you to type out curses
- Technically, "improved autocorrect functionality" is what MacRumors is calling one of the upgrades that comes with Apple's iOS 17 for the iPhone. CNET puts into perspective what that actually means: "Your iPhone keyboard can learn curse words now." Apple unveiled its newest operating system Monday at...
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Drops a Bomb (an F-Bomb)
Apr 25, 2023 12:22 PM CDT
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Drops a Bomb (an F-Bomb)
Chris Pratt has MCU's first major profanity in clip from James Gunn's upcoming sequel
- It's the day some of you cuss-prone people have been waiting for, at least according to Gizmodo : The Marvel Cinematic Universe has logged its first F-bomb. The Marvel Studio's franchise features the profanity in a new clip from the upcoming
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
, with Chris...
She Was Set to
Read to Kids,
Jan 19, 2023 8:11 AM CST
She Was Set to Read to Kids, Got Derailed by Pottymouth
Texas school district cancels appearance by author Emma Straub over f-bomb-filled tweet
- On Emma Straub's website , a write-up about her newly released children's book,
Very Good Hats
, notes that the "joyous and inventive read-aloud will inspire kids to see ordinary objects in a whole new way." Straub, the daughter of horror writer Peter Straub and author of such...
Park With Parrot
Who Sings Like
Beyonce Gets a
Sep 30, 2020 7:53 AM CDT
Park With Parrot Who Sings Like Beyonce Gets a Vulgar Surprise
5 birds have to be separated at UK venue after swearing at visitors
- Eric, Jade, Elsie, Tyson, and Billy are getting separated. The five African gray parrots were recently donated during the same week, by different owners, to the UK's Lincolnshire Wildlife Park, but something strange happened after they were quarantined in the same room, then put on display together: They started...
Senator's Video Appearance
at Hearing Does Not Go Well
Aug 21, 2020 10:48 AM CDT
Senator's Video Appearance at Hearing Does Not Go Well
Delaware's Tom Carper caught swearing up a blue streak at his computer after a glitch
- A senator dropped some very un-senatorial F-bombs Friday when he had a glitch with his video link. When Sen. Tom Carper's turn came up to question the postmaster general , things went south, reports the Hill . It began when the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee...
Is a Weird
Jul 24, 2020 10:42 AM CDT
His F-Bomb Is a Weird New Baseball Problem
Curse by Joc Pederson is picked up on TV broadcast because of empty stadium
- When the Dodgers' Joc Pederson grounded out to first in Thursday night's game, he did not say "Darn it." He said another word, begins with "f," loudly, notes SFGate . Normally, this would have gone unnoticed amid the noise from a stadium packed with fans. But...
They Were Putting Up
George Floyd Flyers.
Then Came a Cyclist
Jun 5, 2020 8:06 AM CDT
They Were Putting Up George Floyd Flyers. Then Came a Cyclist
Police looking for man seen in video appearing to assault activists on Maryland trail
- Maryland police are asking for the public's help regarding a cyclist seen on video appearing to assault a group of people who were posting flyers ( WJLA has a pic) that read "Killer Cops Will Not Go Free." Per ABC News , the Tuesday confrontation happened on Montgomery...
A New King of Movie
Profanities Is Crowned
May 14, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
A New King of Movie Profanities Is Crowned
Samuel L. who? Jonah Hill claims the most cussing in his movie roles
- Samuel L. Jackson is no longer the king of swearing in film. Jonah Hill was "humbled" to learn he'd nabbed the honor upon reading an article published Wednesday by the Wrap , which was based on an analysis by Buzz Bingo . The analysis found Jackson had uttered 301 profanities...
Red Flag: You
Really Want to
May 6, 2020 2:03 PM CDT
Twitter's New Red Flag: You Really Want to Tweet That?
Experiment will ask users if they actually want to put up replies with profanity, slurs
- If you've ever tweeted something inflammatory at someone and later lamented, "Maybe I shouldn't have written that," Twitter is testing a feature it hopes might prevent that after-the-fact remorse. Per Bloomberg , the social media giant is conducting what it calls a "limited experiment" that issues...
Kid Rock Helped Off
Stage After Tirade
Nov 30, 2019 10:50 AM CST
Kid Rock Helped Off Stage After Tirade
The singer-songwriter insults Oprah Winfrey, Joy Behar, and Kathie Lee Gifford
- Warning: This story includes words uttered by Kid Rock. The singer-songwriter has yet again spewed vitriol at female celebrities, this time onstage at Kid Rock’s Big Ass Honky Tonk Rock N' Roll Steakhouse in Nashville. "F--k Oprah!" he shouted earlier this week while "clearly intoxicated,"...
'We F---ed Up':
A Year in Swearing CEOs
Jan 3, 2018 10:00 AM CST
'We F---ed Up': A Year in Swearing CEOs
121 swear words uttered in conference calls in 2017
- More than any other year on record, quarterly earnings conference calls were profanity-laced in 2017, thanks to a CEO complaining his work is "stressful as s---" and another admitting "we f---ed up." Quartz searched transcripts of conference calls compiled by data provider Sentieo to determine just how...
Gillibrand Uses F-Bombs
to Rip Trump in Speech
Jun 10, 2017 5:30 AM CDT
Gillibrand Uses F-Bombs to Rip Trump in Speech
Senator drops it twice in criticizing the president
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand gave a fairly standard speech critical of President Trump on Friday, save for two lines: "Has he kept his promises? No. F--- no,” she told the Personal Democracy Forum in New York City. And: "If we are not helping people, we should go the...
Curse Like a Sailor?
Maybe You're Just Honest
Jan 9, 2017 10:11 AM CST
Curse Like a Sailor? Maybe You're Just Honest
Study builds on the premise that swearing is linked to less filtering
- When profanity goes up, so does integrity. Wait, what? That's what researchers from Stanford, Cambridge, and beyond report in a study they've titled, "Frankly, we do give a damn: The relationship between profanity and honesty," in the journal
Social Psychological and Personality Science .
They ultimately found...
Oct 28, 2016 7:49 AM CDT
Duterte: God Threatened to Crash My Plane
Philippine president says he was warned to stop cursing
- When God calls, it's probably wise to answer—and for Rodrigo Duterte, that means to stop swearing like a sailor. Per the BBC , the Philippines president says he was flying home to Davao from Japan when something happened to make him reconsider his infamous potty mouth. "I heard...
FX Raises the
Bar for Basic
Feb 17, 2016 4:25 PM CST
FX Raises the Bar for Basic Cable Cursing
They can't say that, can they?
- Is it the end of decency as we know it or just good television? "Cochran … motherf---er," Sarah Paulson's Marcia Clark said during Tuesday's episode of
American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson
. With the utterance of those two words, FX caused hordes of viewers—...
The 6 Biggest
Cursers in Music
Jan 22, 2016 6:31 PM CST
The 6 Biggest Cursers in Music
Holy [expletive], that's a lot of [expletive] curse words.
- It might be time to retire the phrase "curse like a sailor" in favor of "curse like a rapper." Musixmatch analyzed nearly 10 million words from 361 artists across eight genres to find out who is the swearing-est musician in the world. Musixmatch determined lyrics average about...
Sep 13, 2015 2:10 PM CDT
Earliest-Known F-Word Found in Medieval Court Case
History researcher spots F-word dating back to 1310
- What's in a name? Just a crass term that's endured for centuries, if this holds any water. An English history researcher says he's spotted the earliest-known "f-word" on record in court documents from 1310, the
reports. Paul Booth came upon a reference to "Roger...
NYPD's New Goal:
Clean Up Cops'
Nov 29, 2014 1:59 PM CST
NYPD's New Goal: Clean Up Cops' Foul Mouths
'It's not that hard' to train out the curse words: deputy commissioner
- The New York Police Department has a new deputy commissioner, and he's already on a mission. Michael Julian intends to cut down cursing among New York's cops, the
New York Post
reports. One reason for that: 30% of complaints against cops "involve a curse word," Julian...
Man Sues Cops
After Arrest for Cursing
Jun 7, 2014 10:29 AM CDT
Man Sues Cops After Arrest for Cursing
Says his right to free speech was violated
- A western Pennsylvania man arrested for cursing in front of police has filed a lawsuit saying his right to free speech was violated. As the
reports, Richard Pustovrh was arguing with his employers in September 2012 when they called the police. Pustovrh then repeatedly used an obscenity to...
Than Any Other
Dec 8, 2013 7:08 AM CST
This State Swears More Than Any Other
Ohioans aren't too polite on the phone: study
- If you're easily offended, you may want to cover your ears during any business call with Ohioans. This is according to a new survey of taped phone calls—the kind with your bank, for instance—in which they warn you that your call may be recorded. During such calls,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
Big Tobacco Made Junk Food Addictive, Too
'Open Secret' at Chicken Slaughterhouses: Kids at Work
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.