Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
3 Shot as Crowds Celebrate
Bucks' First Title in 50 Years
Jul 21, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
3 Shot as Crowds Celebrate Bucks' First Title in 50 Years
Milwaukee won NBA Finals 4-2
- Two shootings in downtown Milwaukee early Wednesday as crowds celebrated the Milwaukee Bucks' first NBA championship in 50 years left three people with non-life-threatening injuries, police said. The shootings both happened about 12:42am at two locations near Water Street, police said in a statement. Two suspects are in custody...
Won't Work the
Jul 6, 2021 4:01 PM CDT
Rachel Nichols Won't Work the NBA Finals for ESPN
Reporter's apology apparently doesn't cut it
- ESPN has pulled reporter Rachel Nichols off the court for the NBA Finals after comments she made about a colleague and the network caused an uproar—despite her apology. Nichols had been scheduled to be the main sideline reporter for the Finals, which begin Tuesday, per the Hill . "We...
Los Angeles Lakers
Win It for Kobe
Oct 12, 2020 12:01 AM CDT
Los Angeles Lakers Win It for Kobe
They're the champions of this challenging basketball season
- The ultimate anguish. The ultimate joy. This season, for LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers, had it all. And it ended in the only fashion that they deemed would be acceptable, with them back atop the basketball world. For the first time since Kobe Bryant's fifth and final...
Raptors Capture First NBA Title
Jun 14, 2019 12:16 AM CDT
Raptors Capture First NBA Title
They beat Warriors 114-110 in Game 6
- "We the North!" is now "We the Champs!" The Toronto Raptors captured Canada's first NBA championship—and the country's first major title in 26 years—with their most remarkable road win yet in the franchise's NBA Finals debut, outlasting the battered and depleted...
Fans' Reaction to Injured
Star Doesn't Sit Well
Jun 11, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Fans' Reaction to Injured Star Doesn't Sit Well
Golden State's Kevin Durant goes down, and Toronto crowd cheers
- Some sports injuries are bigger than others, and this one appears to fall onto the monumental side of the scale. One of the NBA's best players, Golden State's Kevin Durant, returned from a leg injury to play Game 5 of the finals against the Toronto Raptors Monday night—...
She Took Jay-Z's Drink Order.
Then Came the Death Threats
Jun 7, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
She Took Jay-Z's Drink Order. Then Came the Death Threats
Nicole Curran says misinterpreted look on Bey's face at NBA game led to 'cyberbullying'
- Cyberbullying over a citrus slice? That's what Nicole Curran is claiming after an incident at an NBA Finals game Wednesday that she says led to death threats and the deletion of her Instagram account. ESPN reports that Curran, the wife of Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, had been...
Warriors Co-Owner Banned
for 'Unacceptable Misconduct'
Jun 7, 2019 3:35 AM CDT
Warriors Co-Owner Banned for 'Unacceptable Misconduct'
Mark Stevens shoved, swore at Toronto Raptors player
- If the Golden State Warriors stage a comeback and win the NBA Finals, co-owner Mark Stevens won't be there to see it. The Silicon Valley billionaire has been banned from NBA games and team events for a year and fined $500,000 for shoving Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry...
Cleveland Player Swears
He Didn't Lose Track of Score
Jun 1, 2018 10:04 AM CDT
Cleveland Player Swears He Didn't Lose Track of Score
But JR Smith's weird decision may have cost the Cavaliers Game 1
- Ouch. Golden State beat Cleveland in overtime Thursday in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and everybody on Friday was still talking about the odd move by Cleveland's JR Smith late in regulation. You can watch the video here : With the score tied at 107 in the final seconds,...
On the Line for Senators
During NBA Finals: Booze
Jun 1, 2018 12:10 AM CDT
On the Line for Senators During NBA Finals: Booze
California, Ohio pols bet each other wine, beer as Warriors take on Cavaliers
- With the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers meeting for their f ourth straight NBA finals , senators from Ohio and California are keeping things interesting with a bet. California Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris have bet a case of California chardonnay and a case of beer from Anchor...
Cleveland, Golden State
Set for 4th Straight NBA Finals
May 29, 2018 12:11 AM CDT
Cleveland, Golden State Set for 4th Straight NBA Finals
Both won Game 7s in conference finals
- Here we go again. And again. And, well, again. Round 4—as many predicted, and others probably lamented—is happening. Cleveland and Golden State will meet for the fourth straight year in the NBA Finals, the Warriors looking for a third championship in that span and LeBron James and the...
NBA Title in Oakland
Jun 13, 2017 12:21 AM CDT
Warriors Clinch NBA Title in Oakland
It was first home series win in Bay Area since 1974
- MVP Kevin Durant capped his spectacular first season with the Golden State Warriors by bringing home that coveted NBA championship he joined Golden State last July so determined to get, scoring 39 points in a fast and furious, Finals-clinching 129-120 victory over LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game...
Can Cavs Make History?
They Just Took Step One
Jun 10, 2017 3:00 AM CDT
Can Cavs Make History? They Just Took Step One
LeBron James and Cleveland now trail Golden State 3-1 in finals
- The celebrating after Game 4 was done by Cavaliers fans, not Golden State players, their families, or anyone else dressed in blue and gold who came looking for a historic party. "Cavs in 7! Cavs in 7!" Cleveland fans chanted as they walked toward the exits. Yes, the...
In NBA Finals, Rihanna
Has Unexpected Role
Jun 2, 2017 9:08 AM CDT
In NBA Finals, Rihanna Has Unexpected Role
Kevin Durant seems to glare at her after a taunt
- The NBA finals got underway Thursday, and one name making headlines isn't on either the Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers. Yes, Rihanna allegedly shouted "Brick!" at Kevin Durant of the Warriors as he prepared to shoot a free throw, and, later, Durant appeared to stare her...
Just Became a Legend
Jun 20, 2016 6:49 AM CDT
LeBron James Just Became a Legend
Cleveland's championship is 'transformative'
- LeBron James led his Cleveland Cavaliers to a Game 7 win Sunday night to cap an epic championship series, one in which the Cavs became the first team to come back from a 3-1 deficit. Some of the next-morning analysis:
If there are any LeBron haters left, it's time
Ticket to Sunday's
NBA Game 7? $50K
Jun 19, 2016 6:33 AM CDT
Ticket to Sunday's NBA Game 7? $50K
StubHub reports its most expensive sale ever—by a lot
- There are a lot of things one could purchase with $50,000, including very nice cars or a down payment on a home—or you could buy a few hours with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors on Sunday night. As the AFP reports, StubHub has sold the...
Steph Curry's Wife
Says NBA Is 'Rigged'
Jun 17, 2016 8:46 AM CDT
Steph Curry's Wife Says NBA Is 'Rigged'
Tweet followed Curry's ejection from Game 6
- Steph Curry was thrown out of his first NBA game during the Golden State Warriors' 115-101 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Thursday—and his wife is really not happy about it. In a since-deleted tweet, Ayesha Curry said the league is "...
to Work First NBA Finals
Jun 16, 2016 8:56 AM CDT
Cancer-Stricken Sportscaster to Work First NBA Finals
Craig Sager calls it a 'great honor'
- A beloved NBA sideline reporter will finally get to cover the NBA finals some 34 years into his career and two years into his battle with leukemia. Craig Sager, 64, of TNT—known for donning "the brightest, most colorful suits," per the
New York Post
Heat to 2nd
Jun 21, 2013 1:46 AM CDT
LeBron Leads Heat to 2nd Straight Title
James scores 37 points, nabs MVP
- Victory in Game 7 brought more than another crown for LeBron James and the Miami Heat. It validated the team and its leader, forever cementing their place among the NBA's greats. For the vanquished San Antonio Spurs, it simply compounded the misery of a championship that got away. James...
Game 7, Wins
Jun 18, 2013 11:20 PM CDT
Heat Forces Game 7, Wins OT Thriller
LeBron James and company beat San Antonio
- They're going to Game 7 on Thursday night. LeBron James shrugged off a poor start to get 32 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds; Ray Allen hit a 3-pointer with 5.2 seconds to play to force overtime; and the Miami Heat staved off elimination with a 103-100 victory...
Spurs Rally, Stun
Heat in Game 1
Jun 7, 2013 1:33 AM CDT
Spurs Rally, Stun Heat in Game 1
San Antonio surges ahead in 4th quarter to win 92-88
- The San Antonio Spurs still have that winning NBA Finals formula of good defense and a little luck on offense. Tim Duncan overcame a slow start to finish with 20 points and 14 rebounds, Tony Parker banked in a desperation jumper on a broken play with 5.2 seconds left,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
AMC Networks Is Having a Rough Day
Comedian Has Survived in NYC Nearly a Month on Just $100
They Came In With Paddles to Save Him. A Fireball Erupted
'At Long Last We Have Gained Some Traction on This Most ... Feared Disease'
They Traveled 2K Miles on Ship's Rudder
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.