Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Police Have Gotten 21K Tips
in JonBenet Ramsey Case
Dec 26, 2021 9:30 AM CST
Police Have Gotten 21K Tips in JonBenet Ramsey Case
Police now looking at 'genetic DNA testing'
- Twenty-five years after JonBenet Ramsey was killed, police say they are looking at "genetic DNA testing" to see if it can be used to help solve the case. The 6-year-old was found dead in the basement of her family’s Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996, bludgeoned and strangled,...
Sorry About 'Not
at All Funny'
Jul 30, 2019 3:04 AM CDT
Ariana Grande Sorry About 'Not at All Funny' JonBenet Joke
Singer apologizes after commenting on friend's Instagram post
- Ariana Grande is facing backlash after making an ill-advised joke about a murdered child. As Page Six and Fox News explain, the controversy started when Grande's friend Doug Middlebrook posted a since-deleted Instagram photo of a tabloid featuring JonBenet Ramsey, who was murdered at age 6, with the caption:...
Disturbing Charges Against
a JonBenet Photographer
Jul 12, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
Disturbing Charges Against a JonBenet Photographer
Randall Simons accused of downloading images via an Oregon restaurant's WiFi
- The charges themselves are disturbing enough, but the connection to JonBenet Ramsey makes them all the worse. A 66-year-old Oregon photographer known for taking images of JonBenet in the months before her 1996 murder has been arrested on child pornography charges, reports KEPR . Police in Springfield say Randall Simons downloaded...
Police Say JonBenet
Confession Is Nothing New
Jan 11, 2019 3:32 AM CST
Police Say JonBenet Confession Is Nothing New
Gary Oliva has confessed before, they say
- A convicted pedophile's alleged confession isn't a major breakthrough in the JonBenet Ramsey case, police in Colorado said in response to a report in the
Daily Mail .
The British newspaper reported that Gary Oliva, an early suspect in the 1996 killing of the Boulder 6-year-old, confessed in letters...
JonBenet Ramsey Case
Expert Shot Outside Office
Jun 2, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
JonBenet Ramsey Case Expert Shot Outside Office
Police don't yet know if the killing of Dr. Steven Pitt was connected to his work
- A forensic psychiatrist who assisted in the investigations into the 1996 death of JonBenet Ramsey in Colorado and a string of killings in Phoenix more than a decade ago was fatally shot outside his Arizona office, reports the AP . Witnesses heard a loud argument and gunfire Thursday outside Dr. Steven...
$750M Suit JonBenet's Brother
Filed Against CBS Advances
Jan 6, 2018 6:00 AM CST
$750M Suit JonBenet's Brother Filed Against CBS Advances
Judge refuses to dismiss it
- A judge declined to dismiss a $750 million defamation lawsuit filed against CBS by JonBenet Ramsey's brother. The
Boulder Daily Camera
reports a circuit court judge in Michigan on Friday denied a motion by CBS and other defendants who asked that he toss the case. Burke Ramsey sued CBS...
A 'New Take' on
Coming to Netflix
Jan 5, 2017 9:21 AM CST
A 'New Take' on JonBenet Case Coming to Netflix
'Casting JonBenet' will premiere at Sundance, then head to theaters, Netflix
- Interest in the JonBenet Ramsey case was resurrected with the 20th anniversary of the 6-year-old's December 1996 death, and now Netflix is joining the revival. Per
, the company has acquired the rights to
, a documentary by Kitty Green set to debut at the Sundance Film Festival...
Brother Sues CBS for
Pointing Finger at Him
Dec 28, 2016 5:39 PM CST
JonBenet Ramsey's Brother Sues CBS for Pointing Finger at Him
Defamation lawsuit says CBS special ignored heaps of evidence
- Burke Ramsey is suing CBS over its attention-getting special about his sister's murder ,
The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey
, Dan Abrams' LawNewz reports. "CBS perpetrated a fraud upon the public," the defamation lawsuit states, accusing CBS of failing to do its own new investigation and instead relying on...
JonBenet Grand Juror:
I've Seen Secret Evidence
Dec 16, 2016 6:41 AM CST
JonBenet Grand Juror: I've Seen Secret Evidence
Juror suggests it points to beauty queen's killer
- The parade of JonBenet Ramsey-focused TV specials beats on, now with a
special airing Friday. A press release on the hour-long show zeroes in on two of the handful of people who sat for interviews: First, a member of the grand jury that voted to indict John and Patsy...
JonBenet Ramsey Case
Takes Another New Turn
Dec 14, 2016 6:40 AM CST
JonBenet Ramsey Case Takes Another New Turn
State plans to conduct sophisticated DNA tests on clothing
- The 20th anniversary of JonBenet Ramsey's murder has led to all kinds of renewed speculation about the case, but now comes an actual development in the criminal investigation: The state plans to conduct new DNA tests on the panties and long johns the 6-year-old was wearing when she was...
DNA Analysis Raises
New JonBenet Questions
Oct 29, 2016 8:53 AM CDT
DNA Analysis Raises New JonBenet Questions
DA's decision to exonerate family is questioned
- After just short of 20 years, the murder of JonBenet Ramsey is as much of a mystery as ever—especially in light of a new examination of DNA evidence. A joint investigation by the Boulder
and 9News calls into question former District Attorney Mary Lacy's decision to...
JonBenet's Brother Files
$150M Suit Against Pathologist
Oct 11, 2016 12:21 AM CDT
JonBenet's Brother Files $150M Suit Against Pathologist
Werner Spitz accused Burke Ramsey of killing his sister
- When CBS convened a panel to re-investigate the murder of JonBenet Ramsey 20 years after the fact, forensic pathologist Werner Spitz could not have been more clear in his assessment: "It's the boy who did it," he said , referring to JonBenet's older brother, Burke. Now, Burke...
JonBenet's Family Livid,
Vows to Sue 'Disgusting' CBS
Sep 21, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
JonBenet's Family Livid, Vows to Sue 'Disgusting' CBS
Says report concluding Burke killed JonBenet was full of 'lies, misrepresentations'
- It was a "false and unprofessional television attack" full of "lies, misrepresentations, distortions, and omissions." That's how a lawyer for the family of JonBenet Ramsey sums up a "disgusting and revolting" CBS documentary and its panel's conclusion that Burke Ramsey likely killed his sister...
CBS Panel: Burke Ramsey
Killed Sister JonBenet
Sep 20, 2016 6:21 AM CDT
CBS Panel: Burke Ramsey Killed Sister JonBenet
Investigators say parents John and Patsy then covered it up
- A team of investigators who pored over evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey murder 20 years after the fact presented its conclusion Monday night: Brother Burke Ramsay did it. The scenario laid out by the panel: Burke, who was just a shade under 10 at the time, hit his sister in...
911 Dispatcher: Something
Off in JonBenet 911 Call
Sep 19, 2016 3:55 PM CDT
911 Dispatcher: Something Off in JonBenet 911 Call
She says the whole thing seemed 'rehearsed'
- When Patsy Ramsey called 911 to report her daughter, JonBenet, missing, 911 operator Kim Archuleta took the call. In a new interview with CBS for Sunday night's
The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey
premiere, Archuleta revealed that after Patsy had apparently hung up the phone, she could still hear people...
JonBenet's 'Socially Awkward'
Brother Breaks His Silence
Sep 13, 2016 12:21 AM CDT
JonBenet's 'Socially Awkward' Brother Breaks His Silence
Burke Ramsey gives first-ever interview to Dr. Phil McGraw
- JonBenet Ramsey's brother, Burke, has given his first-ever interview to Dr. Phil McGraw; the first segment aired Monday , and it will continue airing Tuesday and next Monday. Burke, 29 and now a computer security analyst, was 9 when his 6-year-old sister was murdered in 1996, and he says his...
In Old Interview, JonBenet's
Brother Recalls Day of Killing
Sep 7, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
In Old Interview, JonBenet's Brother Recalls Day of Killing
A&E documentary includes police interview with Burke
- A&E kicked off what
calls "television's most anticipated true-crime event of the season" with its documentary re-examining JonBenet Ramsey's murder as the 20th anniversary of her death approaches. One new bit was a never-before-seen police interview with brother Burke from 1998, two years after...
After 20 Years,
to Break Silence
Aug 2, 2016 6:13 AM CDT
After 20 Years, JonBenet's Brother to Break Silence
'Dr. Phil Show' says he has 'shocking' details
Dr. Phil Show
says "never-before-heard details" about the JonBenet Ramsey murder will be aired this fall when her brother speaks to the press for the first time. Burke Ramsey, who was 9 years old when his younger sister was found beaten and strangled to death in their Boulder,...
JonBenet Suspect Held
in Child Porn Case
Jun 23, 2016 6:15 AM CDT
JonBenet Suspect Held in Child Porn Case
Gary Oliva hasn't been ruled out in 1996 murder
- A longtime suspect in the Christmas Day 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey is back in custody and back in the news. Gary Oliva, a registered sex offender who has admitted being obsessed with the 6-year-old beauty queen, was arrested last week on charges of sexually exploiting a child and is...
Police Messed Up
Feb 26, 2015 3:49 AM CST
Police Messed Up JonBenet Case, Says Ex-Chief
Mark Beckner now regrets Reddit AMA comments
- Nearly 20 years after the murder of JonBenet Ramsey , interest in the Colorado 6-year-old's case is still strong—stronger than former Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner may have realized. In remarks he now says he regrets making, Beckner told a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" session on Saturday that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Video Emerges of Giuliani Incident at Grocery Store
Cops: Subway Worker Killed Over Mayo Complaint
Jan. 6 Panel Calls Surprise Hearing
'Tragic, Freak Accident' in SC Pond Also a Rare One
California's Biggest Landowner Closes Forests to Public
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.