Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 26, 2021 11:15 AM CDT
Hack Uncovers Names Behind Far-Right Sites
Anonymous releases information on those behind extremist Epik domains
- People aligned with extremist websites have started to feel the repercussions since a major hack revealed their identities. On the other side, for those who work against extremism and hate groups, the data dump is a boon. The information was published by Anonymous, a hacking group, after an attack on...
Out of the Shadows
Oct 28, 2020 4:19 PM CDT
'Anonymous' Comes Out of the Shadows
Miles Taylor says he's the author of a book and op-ed about President Trump
- "Anonymous" has emerged. Miles Taylor, former chief of staff at Homeland Security, says he is the author of a scathing op-ed and a book about President Trump that roiled Washington over the past two years, the
New York Times
reports. "Much has been made of the fact that...
Victoria Coates Comes Out
to Say She's Not 'Anonymous'
Apr 20, 2020 12:03 AM CDT
Victoria Coates Comes Out to Say She's Not 'Anonymous'
Rumors have long swirled that she was behind the 'NYT' op-end
- Rumors have long swirled that Victoria Coates, President Trump's former deputy national security adviser, is "Anonymous," and officials have long denied those rumors —but Coates herself is now denying a new report claiming the same. Real Clear Investigations published an extensive piece last week citing multiple...
NSC Aide Is Out
of White House After
Feb 20, 2020 5:00 PM CST
NSC Aide Is Out of White House After 'Anonymous' Rumors
Victoria Coates didn't write the book, agents said
- A national security aide who's been rumored to be the author of a tell-all book about President Trump's White House is being moved out of it. Victoria Coates will begin her new job as a senior adviser for the Department of Energy on Monday, Reuters reports. White House...
Anonymous Warns Trump
He'll 'Regret the Next 4 Years'
Jan 18, 2017 2:07 PM CST
Anonymous Warns Trump He'll 'Regret the Next 4 Years'
Hackers call for damaging information on president-elect
- Anonymous sent an ominous warning to Donald Trump this week, NBC News reports. "You are going to regret the next four years," tweeted an account affiliated with the hacker group. It went on to accuse Trump of having "financial and personal ties with Russian mobsters, child traffickers,...
This Time It's
'Total War' in
Mar 15, 2016 2:48 PM CDT
This Time It's 'Total War' in Anonymous vs. Trump
Hacking group reboots 'OpTrump,' vows to 'dismantle' mogul's POTUS campaign
- Anonymous gave Donald Trump an unwanted Christmas present in December by taking his Trump Tower website offline in response to his comments that he'd ban Muslims from entering the United States. Now the hacktivists have him in their sights once more, but this time they're taking it up...
'Will Not Go
Jan 21, 2016 5:15 PM CST
Anonymous: Flint Officials 'Will Not Go Unpunished'
Hacker group wants governor Rick Snyder charged with manslaughter
- Hacker group Anonymous is taking up the cause of Michigan residents sickened by Flint's ongoing water crisis , but no one seems to be all that impressed. The city started using the Flint River for its water in 2014, but the water proved to be toxic,
reports. And officials...
Jan 5, 2016 10:30 AM CST
New Target of Anonymous: This Singer
Prodigy frontman Keith Flint is warned after a fox hunt
- Anonymous apparently has a new target in its sights, but it's not exactly an "establishment" figure. Instead, he's the lead singer for British "electronic punk" band The Prodigy, reports Billboard . A new video purported to be from the group calls out Keith Flint for participating in...
the 10 Reasons
Dec 23, 2015 10:49 AM CST
Anonymous: the 10 Reasons Why We're Endorsing Bernie
Bernie Sanders will go after big banks, says group
- Well, we knew Anonymous wasn't going to come out in favor of Donald Trump . The hacktivist group's pick for president is Bernie Sanders, according to a Wednesday post , which describes 10 reasons why Sanders should get your vote. Firstly, the group says Sanders wants to break up big...
Dec 15, 2015 1:41 PM CST
Anonymous Hacks European Space Agency—for Laughs
And it was insanely simple for them to break in
- Anonymous has had a busy week. First the hacktivists spent Friday mocking ISIS , then they took down the Trump Tower website . And before the weekend was out, the group infiltrated the European Space Agency's database, apparently just to keep their skills on point, reports Inverse . "Because Xmas is...
Anonymous' New Target: Trump
Dec 11, 2015 2:55 PM CST
Anonymous' New Target: Trump
Hacktivists warn him over Muslim ban idea
- Hacktivist group Anonymous has set its sights on a new target: Donald Trump, The Hill reports. "Donald Trump, it has come to our attention that you want to ban all Muslims to enter the United States. This policy is going to have a huge impact," says someone in...
to Mocking ISIS
Dec 8, 2015 3:05 PM CST
Anonymous Devotes Friday to Mocking ISIS
Group wants everyone to take part in #trollingday
- Anonymous has a task for everyone on Friday: Troll ISIS, the Daily Dot reports. In a note making its rounds via Anonymous-linked Twitter accounts, the hackers call on readers to do their part on #trollingday on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and "in the real world" to ridicule, mock, and...
Rogue Hackers May Hurt ISIS More Than Anonymous
Nov 23, 2015 2:07 PM CST
Rogue Hackers May Hurt ISIS More Than Anonymous
Ghost Security Group's Aim: Spying for Intelligence Instead of Forced Shutdowns
- Anonymous is making good on its threats to launch a "cyber war" on ISIS , hacking into the group's sites and accounts and warning people about possible attacks . But there's a smaller group that says Anonymous is going about it the wrong way—and claims that its own...
Threatening Attacks in
US, Elsewhere Sunday
Nov 21, 2015 12:20 PM CST
Anonymous: ISIS Threatening Attacks in US, Elsewhere Sunday
The hacker group says a WWE event in Atlanta is at risk
- According to hacking group Anonymous, the Islamic State has made credible threats against events in multiple countries—including the US—set to take place Sunday, the Hill reports. Anonymous issued a statement Saturday in which it identified "confirmed" risks or possible risks at events in the US, Paris, Indonesia,...
ISIS Warns Anonymous
Over Cyber War
Nov 20, 2015 12:12 PM CST
ISIS Warns Anonymous Over Cyber War
'Something is coming'
- The Islamic State has found time between killing hostages and trying to acquire chemical weapons to vow a counterattack against Anonymous. An ISIS-affiliated account on messaging app Telegram sent out a memo telling members to change their Twitter photos to an image of a black shoe print on the French...
Cyber War on ISIS
Nov 17, 2015 10:57 AM CST
Anonymous Launches Cyber War on ISIS
ISIS' response: 'Idiots'
- Anonymous is following through with its promise to target ISIS in a cyber war after the Paris terror attacks. Operating under the hashtags #opISIS and #opParis, the group has begun leaking the personal details of alleged ISIS recruiters, reports the
. Anonymous also has compiled lists of social media accounts...
Revenge on ISIS
Nov 16, 2015 8:19 AM CST
Anonymous Vows Revenge on ISIS
"War is declared. Get prepared" is the message in YouTube video
- Online vigilantes Anonymous wasted little time in handing ISIS a message Saturday via a YouTube video , a response to Friday's Paris terror attacks , reports
. A man in the group's trademark Guy Fawkes mask spoke in French and noted: "Expect massive cyber attacks. War is declared. Get...
Names of Alleged
Nov 5, 2015 5:28 PM CST
Anonymous Releases Names of Alleged KKK Members
List includes nearly 400 names, plus email addresses and Facebook pages
- Online activist group Anonymous released its promised list of alleged Ku Klux Klan members Thursday, Raw Story reports. And while the list doesn't include the promised 1,000 names , it does include the identities of nearly 400 people, plus email addresses, Facebook pages, and more, according to the Hill...
to the KKK
Nov 2, 2015 3:05 PM CST
Viral Posting Links Politicians to the KKK
But hacking group 'Anonymous' backs away from claims
- The mayor of Knoxville, affiliated with the Ku Klux Klan? An online list that went viral Sunday makes that claim, but the hacker group Anonymous—which plans to out 1,000 KKK members on Thursday—is distancing itself from the message. "It is irresponsible and slanderous," Knoxville Mayor...
Hackers Threaten to
Unhood KKK Members
Oct 29, 2015 2:37 AM CDT
Hackers Threaten to Unhood KKK Members
Group says it has names of 1K Klansmen
- This is the 21st century, and sticking a white hood over your head isn't enough to keep your identity secret, Anonymous has informed the Ku Klux Klan. The hackers have threatened to expose the identities of 1,000 KKK members as part of a battle against the group that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.