Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Simon & Schuster
Stories 1 - 20 |
Young Aide Who Testified
About Jan. 6 Pens a Book
Jul 14, 2023 1:09 PM CDT
Young Aide Who Testified About Jan. 6 Pens a Book
Cassidy Hutchinson was a key witness in hearings on Capitol riot
- A former White House aide to President Trump who became a prominent congressional witness against him and his allies in the wake of the Jan. 6 siege of the US Capitol has an upcoming book, reports the AP .
by Cassidy Hutchinson will be released Sept. 26. "With
Jan 31, 2023 7:21 AM CST
Trump Sues Bob Woodward for $50M
Former president is miffed that Watergate journo used their interviews for an audiobook
- Looks like we've got "audiogate." Bob Woodward, the famed
journalist who broke open the Nixon Watergate scandal with colleague Carl Bernstein, is being sued by former President Trump, who accuses the veteran reporter of using interviews he recorded of Trump in an audiobook released in...
Owner Gives Up
on Publishing Merger
Blocked by Court
Nov 21, 2022 6:30 PM CST
Owner Gives Up on Publishing Merger Blocked by Court
Penguin Random House planned to buy Simon & Schuster for $2.2B
- Simon & Schuster's corporate parent announced Monday it has officially ended the agreement for Penguin Random House to purchase the publisher. The company had said it would appeal a court ruling last month blocking the deal. The parent, Paramount Global, still intends to sell Simon & Schuster, the AP...
Stephen King Will
Be Star Witness in
Publishing Antitrust Trial
Aug 1, 2022 3:03 PM CDT
Stephen King Will Be Star Witness in Publishing Antitrust Trial
Government is trying to block merger of two of publishing's 'Big Five'
- The government and publishing titan Penguin Random House exchanged opening salvos in a federal antitrust trial Monday as the US seeks to block the biggest US book publisher from absorbing rival Simon & Schuster. The case comes as a key test of the Biden administration’s antitrust policy, the AP...
'The Deal Is One of
the Biggest of All Time'
Feb 22, 2022 2:02 AM CST
'The Deal Is One of the Biggest of All Time'
Britney Spears reportedly lands $15M book deal
- Britney Spears has scored a $15 million book deal, publishing insiders tell Page Six . The sources say the deal was made after a bidding war that Simon & Schuster won. "The deal is one of the biggest of all time, behind the Obamas," says one source. A source...
DOJ Doesn't Want
Publishing's 'Big Five'
Becoming 'Big Four'
Nov 3, 2021 2:43 AM CDT
DOJ Doesn't Want Publishing's 'Big Five' Becoming 'Big Four'
Files antitrust suit to stop major book publisher merger
- The Justice Department is suing to block a $2.2 billion book publishing deal that would have reshaped the industry, saying consolidation would hurt authors and, ultimately, readers, the AP reports. German media giant Bertelsmann's Penguin Random House, already the largest American publisher, wants to buy New York-based Simon...
Aug 16, 2021 4:26 PM CDT
Woodward's New Trump Book:
Third installment of a trio will cover the transition and the early stages of the Biden administration
- Bob Woodward's next book on former President Trump has a title and a release date.
will go on sale Sept. 21, CNN reports. It will be the finale of Woodward's series of three books about Trump; the previous two, both bestsellers, were
. This one...
Won't Kowtow to
Staff and Cancel
Apr 21, 2021 12:57 PM CDT
Publisher Won't Kowtow to Staff and Cancel Pence Memoir
Simon & Schuster president says 'we will proceed'
- Some Simon & Schuster employees don't want to see their employer move ahead with its two-book deal with Mike Pence, but their consternation apparently won't get them anywhere. The
reports Simon & Schuster president Jonathan Karp replied to his staff's open letter calling for cancellation of...
Pence Jumps Ahead
of Trump With 2-Book Deal
Apr 7, 2021 7:00 PM CDT
Pence Jumps Ahead of Trump With 2-Book Deal
Publishers have been signing administration figures slowly
- Mike Pence has found work. The former vice president signed a deal Wednesday to write two books for Simon & Schuster, the first of which is due out in 2023,
reports. The publisher said readers can look forward to "the definitive book on one of the most...
Trump Niece Says
She Sees Family
Dynamic Writ Large
Jul 16, 2020 4:13 PM CDT
Trump Niece Says She Sees Family Dynamic Writ Large
Memoir nears 1M in sales on first official day of sales
- A book that her family didn't want to see the light of day is going into its 14th printing after its first official day of sales. Mary Trump's
Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man
has sold 950,000 copies,...
Trump Niece: Here's Why
the Case Against Me Is Nuts
Jul 3, 2020 3:30 PM CDT
Trump Niece: Here's Why the Case Against Me Is Nuts
Mary Trump makes her case in court
- "Confidentiality agreement? Give me a break." That's pretty much what Mary Trump argued in a Thursday affidavit seeking to fully unblock the release of her bombshell memoir, the
reports. President Trump's niece dismissed the agreement as worthless because, she said, it was part of...
Judge Blocks Trump Niece's
Book on 'Nightmare of Traumas'
Jun 30, 2020 1:09 PM CDT
Judge Blocks Trump Niece's Book on 'Nightmare of Traumas'
Judge issues temporary restraining order
- The second time was apparently the charm for Donald Trump's brother, who on Tuesday succeeded in his quest to halt a tell-all book by the president's niece. Robert Trump's request for an injunction was dismissed last Thursday by Surrogates Court Judge Peter Kelly in New York City...
Jill Abramson on Plagiarism
Accusation: Look at Footnotes
Feb 7, 2019 7:24 AM CST
Jill Abramson on Plagiarism Accusation: Look at Footnotes
Vice correspondent Michael Moynihan made the allegation on Wednesday
New York Times
executive editor Jill Abramson is facing allegations that she lifted material from other sources for her new book,
Merchants of Truth.
She and her publisher are promising to investigate, reports the AP . A Twitter thread posted Wednesday by Vice correspondent Michael Moynihan lists several examples of...
Publisher Off Hook
Feb 21, 2017 12:15 PM CST
Despite Milo Move, Author Won't Let Publisher Off Hook
Feminist author Roxane Gay rails on Simon & Schuster
- People are buzzing about Simon & Schuster pulling Milo Yiannopoulos' upcoming book,
, over past pedophilia comments—but one person not giving him, or the publisher, a pass is Roxane Gay. On her Tumblr , the
author digs into S&S, noting that no, "they did not finally...
Has Beef With
Jan 4, 2017 10:54 AM CST
Leslie Jones Has Beef With Breitbart Editor's Book Deal
Simon & Schuster is helping to 'spread hate,' she says
- Milo Yiannopoulos was allegedly behind the racist and sexist harassment of Leslie Jones on Twitter, and now the controversial Breitbart editor has a book deal . Jones isn't letting that fact slip by quietly. After publisher Simon & Schster released a statement defending the deal from the backlash that ensued,...
Book Coming From
Editor, Despite Uproar
Dec 30, 2016 4:00 PM CST
Book Coming From Controversial Breitbart Editor, Despite Uproar
Preorder for Milo Yiannopoulos' book sits atop Amazon best seller list
- In the face of heavy criticism, Simon & Schuster is moving forward with plans to publish a book by the conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, the AP reports. Yiannopoulos writes for Breitbart News, considered by many a platform for the so-called "alt-right" movement, an offshoot of conservatism that mixes racism,...
Upper East Side Exposé
Maybe Not So Factual
Jun 8, 2015 1:04 PM CDT
Upper East Side Exposé Maybe Not So Factual
'Primates of Park Avenue' will get a clarifying note
- In its description of a highly publicized exposé on Upper East Side housewives, publishing giant Simon & Schuster notes that author Wednesday Martin compares "mothers’ snobbiness at school drop-off ... to olive baboons." Now, less than a week after the publication of
Primates of Park Avenue
Ban' in China
Jun 27, 2014 11:22 AM CDT
Clinton Book Faces 'Effective Ban' in China
Move shows 'low level of intellectual freedom': Simon & Schuster president
- Chinese audiences won't get a chance to read Hillary Clinton's, um, glowing remarks on the country in her new memoir. Chinese publishers have passed on the translation rights to
—which criticizes China as the "epicenter of the antidemocratic movement in Asia"—and the English...
Into Kids' Book
Jun 11, 2013 1:05 PM CDT
Ringo Turning 'Octopus's Garden' Into Kids' Book
45-year-old song getting a new incarnation, for the kids
- Ringo Starr is joining the ranks of celebrities-turned-children's-authors. The Beatle plans to turn his 45-year-old song "Octopus's Garden" into a children's book, reports the Christian Science Monitor . Starr, though, will do so in collaboration with a pro—kids' book illustrator Ben Cort. It will be out...
Apr 4, 2013 11:22 AM CDT
Clinton Inks Memoir Deal for Years at State
Book publicity expected to boost speculation about presidential run
- Hillary Clinton's memoir of her time as secretary of state is on its way, with Simon & Schuster announcing the deal today and tentatively aiming to publish it in June 2014, reports
. Financial details of the book were not disclosed, but Clinton earned $8 million for her...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.