Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Swiftly Fired After
Hot Mic Incident
May 17, 2023 3:30 AM CDT
Longtime Anchor Swiftly Fired After Hot Mic Incident
Ken Rosato accused of calling co-anchor the c-word
- The longtime anchor of one of ABC News' "flagship" local news broadcasts was swiftly fired after a hot mic caught him allegedly making some sort of inappropriate remark, sources tell the
New York Post
. New York's WABC 7 isn't revealing what Ken Rosato is accused of saying,...
ABC Producer Who
Abruptly Quit Faces
Child Porn Charge
Feb 2, 2023 8:51 AM CST
ABC Producer Who Abruptly Quit Faces Child Porn Charge
James Meek could face 20 years in prison
- When ABC News investigative producer James Gordon Meek abruptly quit in April last year after an FBI raid on his home, there were concerns that the raid may have been connected to his work. Instead, it was connected to a child pornography investigation and agents found images and videos of...
Co-Anchor in ABC Affair
Drama Files for Divorce
Dec 29, 2022 1:48 AM CST
Co-Anchor in ABC Affair Drama Files for Divorce
TJ Holmes files to divorce his wife amid reports of affair with Amy Robach
- Less than a month after reports broke that
co-anchors TJ Holmes and Amy Robach had been having an affair for months , Holmes has filed for divorce. Holmes wed Marilee Fiebig, his second wife, in 2010, and they share a daughter born in 2013, Page Six reports. Sources previously told...
Dec 26, 2022 10:20 AM CST
His Passion 'Shined Every Sunday Morning' on ABC
Dax Tejera, EP for 'This Week With George Stephanopoulos,' dies suddenly of heart attack at 37
- The ABC News team is mourning an executive producer of one of its most well-known programs after his shockingly sudden death earlier this week. In a Saturday memo sent to staffers, ABC News President Kim Godwin relayed that 37-year-old Dax Tejera, EP on
This Week With George Stephanopoulos
Jan. 6 Tweet
Nov 14, 2022 8:27 AM CST
Pence: Trump's Jan. 6 Tweet About Me 'Angered' Me
Former VP tells ABC that former president's actions during Capitol riot were 'reckless'
- Mike Pence hasn't said much about what happened on Jan. 6, 2021, specifically on how he felt about former President Trump's remarks before and during the riot at the US Capitol. That changed over the weekend with the release of part of an interview the ex-vice president gave...
Tortured Turpin Siblings
Describe 'Hell' They Endured
Nov 10, 2021 12:38 PM CST
Tortured Turpin Siblings Describe 'Hell' They Endured
'I thought I was going to die,' Jordan Turpin tells Diane Sawyer
- Reflecting on her childhood, Jennifer Turpin says "the only word I know to call it is 'hell.'" It's no wonder considering the 32-year-old grew up in what media outlets have dubbed a "house of horrors." Turpin was one of 13 siblings rescued in...
Trump Has Rough Night
With Undecided Voters
Sep 16, 2020 7:35 AM CDT
Trump Has Rough Night With Undecided Voters
Even Joe Biden got in a dig during town hall in Philadelphia with the president
- President Trump faced "an unusual moment of exposure" Tuesday night as he was confronted on his response to the coronavirus pandemic, his vow to wipe out ObamaCare, his comments on dead soldiers, and more by a group of undecided voters during an ABC News town hall in Philadelphia, per...
ABC News Cans
of Making Racist
Jul 21, 2020 8:09 AM CDT
ABC News Cans VP Accused of Making Racist Remarks
After independent probe and administrative leave, Barbara Fedida won't be coming back
- Last month, ABC News executive Barbara Fedida, who oversaw diversity initiatives at the company, was placed on administrative leave after a HuffPost article detailed "a long pattern of insensitive statements, including racist comments." Now Fedida won't be coming back. The
Wall Street Journal
reports that an outside...
Jul 15, 2020 6:39 AM CDT
Mary Trump Has One Word for Her Uncle
'Resign,' president's niece tells ABC's George Stephanopoulos as her new tell-all is released
- On Monday evening—the same day that the gag order against her was lifted , and on the eve of when her new tell-all was set to be released—Mary Trump made her first tweet in years: "Happy Infrastructure Week," a long-running joke referring to the inability of her...
Has Virus Along With Wife
Apr 13, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
George Stephanopoulos Has Virus Along With Wife
But ABC News figure is largely symptom-free, unlike Ali Wentworth
Good Morning America
host George Stephanopoulos revealed Monday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus but has been relatively symptom-free, per the AP . The ABC News host revealed his diagnosis on the show, telling co-host Robin Roberts that he's "feeling great." The news comes about two...
Report: New Project Veritas
Sting Hits ABC Again
Feb 26, 2020 7:47 AM CST
Report: New Project Veritas Sting Hits ABC Again
Correspondent David Wright reportedly suspended after James O'Keefe's latest undercover video
- It's not yet clear why an ABC News journalist has been disciplined by his network—but it's apparently the result of yet another Project Veritas "sting." Sources tell the
that longtime correspondent David Wright has been suspended, reportedly for comments he made while unknowingly...
ABC News' Amy Robach Has to
Explain Her Epstein Comments
Nov 5, 2019 1:00 PM CST
ABC News' Amy Robach Has to Explain Her Epstein Comments
She's caught on a hot mic airing frustration about an interview not airing
- "I'm so pissed right now." So ABC News anchor Amy Robach said in a private August conversation with her producer that was captured by a hot mic and released this week by conservative activist James O'Keefe's Project Veritas, reports Mediaite . Robach was talking about a...
ABC Airs Fake Video
of Syria Bombing
Oct 15, 2019 3:27 AM CDT
ABC Airs Fake Video of Syria Bombing
Trump calls it a 'big scandal'
- With the headline "Slaughter in Syria," ABC aired footage of what it said was a Turkish attack on a Syrian border town on Sunday and Monday. One problem: The video was actually of a popular military gun demonstration in Kentucky, Mediaite reports. ABC apologized after the video was...
The Whistleblower Has
Struck a Deal: Schiff
sunday talk shows
Sep 29, 2019 11:45 AM CDT
The Whistleblower Has Struck a Deal: Schiff
Rudy Giuliani also appeared on 'This Week'
- Rep. Adam Schiff made it official Sunday, saying the whistleblower behind the explosive Ukraine complaint that triggered an impeachment inquiry has agreed to testify before Congress. Appearing on ABC News'
, the House Intelligence Committee chairman said it will happen "very soon" once precautions are established to protect...
She Aimed to
Be the Next
Far From It
Jan 24, 2019 9:45 AM CST
She Aimed to Be the Next Steve Jobs. Far From It
Podcast, doc dig into the mess that was Elizabeth Holmes' Theranos
- Theranos is kaput , but details of the once bankable blood-testing company are still coming to light, including in a documentary and six-part podcast from ABC News and
. The first episode of
podcast, released Wednesday, dives into founder Elizabeth Holmes, particularly her desire to emulate Steve Jobs while...
Pilots on Deadly Southwest
Flight: We Used Hand Signals
May 10, 2018 7:45 AM CDT
Pilots on Deadly Southwest Flight: We Used Hand Signals
ABC News offers snippet of Friday '20/20' interview with Tammie Jo Shults, Darren Ellisor
- It's been nearly a month since a frightening Southwest flight that ended in the death of one passenger, and now the pilot with "nerves of steel" and her co-pilot are finally offering their takes. In a short clip promoting a longer
interview set to air Friday, pilot...
Harding's Mom: Tonya 'Doesn't
Know What Isn't a Lie Anymore'
Jan 12, 2018 11:24 AM CST
Harding's Mom: Tonya 'Doesn't Know What Isn't a Lie Anymore'
LaVona Golden speaks to ABC News for TV special on her figure-skater daughter
- In the movie
, the film on the life of disgraced figure skater Tonya Harding, a shocking scene depicts a moment when Harding's mother threw a steak knife at her daughter, sticking in Harding's arm, during an argument. Now, in an interview with ABC News that aired...
ABC News Suspends
Brian Ross Over Flynn Report
Dec 3, 2017 2:11 AM CST
ABC News Suspends Brian Ross Over Flynn Report
Reporter yanked after reporting Trump told Flynn to contact Russians while still a candidate
- ABC News on Saturday suspended investigative reporter Brian Ross for four weeks without pay for his erroneous report on Michael Flynn, which it called a "serious error." Ross, citing an unnamed confidant of Flynn, the former national security adviser, reported Friday that then-candidate Donald Trump had directed Flynn...
Ashley Judd: I
by Making 'Deal'
Oct 26, 2017 8:57 AM CDT
Ashley Judd: I Escaped Weinstein by Making 'Deal' With Him
Her condition to submitting to him: She needed a future Oscar win in one of his movies
- Ashley Judd was one of the first high-profile actresses to speak up against Harvey Weinstein , and now she's speaking out for the first time publicly since her story was told in an explosive
New York Times
exposé, ABC News reports. In an exclusive interview with Diane Sawyer on
ABC News Goes to Court in
'Pink Slime' Defamation Case
Jun 5, 2017 8:23 PM CDT
ABC News Goes to Court in 'Pink Slime' Defamation Case
Investigative report could cost media outlet $6B if found guilty
- In what could be the largest defamation suit in US history, Beef Products Inc. (BPI) is having its day in court after claiming the company lost revenue over an ABC News investigative report that described its product as “pink slime.” The
Wall Street Journal
reports that a 12-person...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.