Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
DA: Decision on
Charges 'Imminent' in
2020 Election Case
Jan 24, 2023 5:11 PM CST
DA: Decision on Charges 'Imminent' in 2020 Election Case
Georgia grand jury's report on Trump case is staying private for now
- The Georgia grand jury investigating whether Donald Trump and his allies committed crimes in the state after the 2020 election completed its work earlier this month—but Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, the lead prosecutor, wants its final report to stay private for now. At a hearing Tuesday, she...
At Young Thug Trial,
Jan 20, 2023 9:57 AM CST
At Young Thug Trial, a 'Hand-to-Hand Drug Transaction'
Prosecutors claim rapper was handed a Percocet by co-defendant right in court
- The judge overseeing Young Thug's racketeering and conspiracy trial in Georgia claimed last week that someone hid marijuana in shoes brought to court for one of the 14 co-defendants, per the
. It was apparently the start of a trend. On Tuesday, the mother of defendant and rapper...
Report Released in Fatal
Georgia Football Crash
Jan 18, 2023 8:44 AM CST
Report Released in Fatal Georgia Football Crash
Speed was a factor in Sunday crash that killed Devin Willock, driver Chandler LeCroy
- University of Georgia football recruiting analyst Chandler LeCroy was speeding when her SUV ran off the road and crashed early Sunday , killing LeCroy and player Devin Willock, who wasn't wearing a seatbelt. LeCroy's Ford Expedition "failed to negotiate a left curve, resulting in the vehicle striking a...
Here Are the Worst States
in America for Drivers
Jan 16, 2023 1:02 PM CST
Here Are the Worst States in America for Drivers
And the best, per WalletHub's ranking, which puts Hawaii in last place
- Whether we get behind the wheel for leisurely cruising, for our daily commutes, or to take care of errands, American drivers have long contended with traffic, potholes, fluctuating gas prices, and the other annoyances. WalletHub wanted to see which states were better to drive in than others, and it looked...
4 Members of Same Family
Killed in Alabama Tornadoes
Jan 16, 2023 12:58 AM CST
4 Members of Same Family Killed in Alabama Tornadoes
They lived in 2 separate houses on the same road
- Four of the people killed in tornadoes in Alabama last week were members of the same family. Robert Gardner Jr., 70, and Deanna Marie Corbin, 59, lived at one house on Sandy Ridge Road in Prattville, and Christopher Allen Corbin Jr, 46, and Tessa Celeste Desmet, 21, lived at another...
Woman Finds Out Why You
Shouldn't Skip Jury Duty
in case you missed it
Jan 15, 2023 11:22 AM CST
Woman Finds Out Why You Shouldn't Skip Jury Duty
Potential juror in Young Thug trial ordered by judge to write 30-page essay, with 20 sources
- A potential juror in Young Thug's trial who skipped the start of jury selection could've been held in contempt of court and faced a fine, jail time, or both. Instead, a judge in Fulton County, Georgia, came up with a much more old-school, Bart Simpson-like solution: have the...
Trump's Legal Fate in Georgia
Now Lies With Local DA
Jan 9, 2023 2:28 PM CST
Trump's Legal Fate in Georgia Now Lies With Local DA
Fulton County DA Fani Willis to decide on indictment based on grand jury report
- The special grand jury in Atlanta that has been investigating whether then-President Donald Trump and his allies committed any crimes while trying to overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia has finished its work, bringing the case closer to possible criminal charges against Trump and others. Per the AP , Fulton...
His Weapons in Public Caused
Panic, but the Law Is Murky
Jan 3, 2023 2:26 PM CST
His Weapons in Public Caused Panic, but the Law Is Murky
'New York Times' takes a look at ongoing case of Rico Marley, arrested in a Georgia grocery
- Nearly two years after a heavily armed man sparked panic in an Atlanta supermarket, Georgia’s justice system is still trying to figure what laws the man broke, if any. The
New York Times
follows up on the case of Rico Marley, who was 22 when he was arrested in...
Cops: Robbery Suspect Fled,
Dec 29, 2022 6:43 AM CST
Cops: Robbery Suspect Fled,
Gainesville police say slipped on a patch of ice as he was trying to flee a botched robbery
- An alleged armed robber was foiled in the early hours of Christmas Day in what police say was like a scene from
. Police say Luis Sajbocho-Ordonez concealed himself behind a business in Gainesville, Georgia, which has been experiencing unusually low temperatures, and demanded cash from an employee who...
Outrage After Maternity Nurses
Share Their 'Icks' on TikTok
Dec 11, 2022 3:00 PM CST
Outrage After Maternity Nurses Share Their 'Icks' on TikTok
Emory University Hospital Midtown refers to 'former employees' in statement
- Complaining about your job with co-workers is pretty typical, but four labor and delivery nurses who made a TikTok video airing their gripes may have lost their jobs over it. NBC News reports the nurses at Emory University Hospital Midtown made a video in which they sounded off about what...
He Got Custody of His Young
Daughter, Then Fatally Shot Her
Dec 9, 2022 9:53 AM CST
He Got Custody of His Young Daughter, Then Fatally Shot Her
Angel Ahearn's grandmother is now slamming Tennessee's child services
- Six years ago, Angelique Ahearn's mother was killed in a Halloween car crash in Tennessee, and since the accident, her maternal grandmother, Monica Dunning, had fought for custody of the girl. Now Dunning is furious at the state's Department of Children's Services after Angel's father, who...
Raphael Warnock Wins
Georgia Runoff Election
Dec 6, 2022 10:31 PM CST
Raphael Warnock Wins Georgia Runoff Election
Democratic senator beats Herschel Walker
- Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock defeated Republican challenger Herschel Walker in a Georgia runoff election Tuesday, ensuring Democrats an outright majority in the Senate for the rest of President Biden’s term and helping cap an underwhelming midterm cycle for the GOP in the last major vote of the year, the...
With 70% of Votes Counted,
Georgia Race Too Close to Call
Dec 6, 2022 8:22 PM CST
With 70% of Votes Counted, Georgia Race Too Close to Call
Warnock took lead over Walker in early results
This story has been updated with new developments.
Polls closed at 7pm EST in Georgia's closely watched US Senate runoff election Tuesday. With around 70% of the vote counted, Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock had a very slight lead over Republican opponent Herschel Walker in unofficial results but the race...
Here's How Things
Look Ahead of
Dec 6, 2022 5:01 AM CST
Here's How Things Look Ahead of Georgia's Runoff
Democrats are cautiously optimistic
- 'Twas the night before Georgia's runoff election, and all through the state, things were looking fairly decent for Raphael Warnock. The Democratic senator, who is on the ballot for the fifth time in about two years—this time, competing against Herschel Walker for a full six-year term in...
Skewers Herschel Walker
in Cold Open
Dec 4, 2022 9:01 AM CST
Skewers Herschel Walker in Cold Open
Kenan Thompson portrays the Georgia candidate
isn't easing up on Herschel Walker in the final days ahead of his Georgia Senate runoff. The cold open of
Saturday Night Live
featured Kenan Thompson as Walker strategizing with Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell (James Austin Johnson), John Cornyn (Mikey Day), and Sen. Marsha Blackburn (Cecily Strong), per...
Teen Campaigning for Warnock
Shot on Doorstep
Dec 2, 2022 1:46 PM CST
Teen Campaigning for Warnock Shot on Doorstep
Man in Savannah fired through the front door, police say
- A teenager campaigning for Sen. Raphael Warnock of Georgia was shot and wounded on the doorstep of a Savannah home, according to police. "At this point, there is no indication the shooting was politically motivated," city police said in a statement Friday. The 15-year-old boy was shot in...
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks,
but Walker Stays Close
Dec 2, 2022 8:56 AM CST
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks, but Walker Stays Close
The Georgia Senate runoff is tight ahead of Tuesday
- To the surprise of no one, the Senate race between Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker remains extremely tight days ahead of their Tuesday runoff election in Georgia. A CNN poll of likely voters out Friday gives Democratic incumbent Warnock a 52-48 lead over the former football star, a single point...
$10M Settlement Reached
in Student's Heat Death
Nov 29, 2022 7:06 PM CST
$10M Settlement Reached in Student's Heat Death
Settlement that includes renaming of high school gym is 'bittersweet,' Imani Bell's father says
- The parents of a Georgia high school basketball player who collapsed while practicing outdoors in sweltering heat and later died announced Tuesday that they have agreed to a $10 million settlement with the school district. As part of the settlement, the Clayton County school system agreed to rename the gymnasium...
Trump Steering Clear
of Georgia Runoff
Nov 29, 2022 10:55 AM CST
Trump Steering Clear of Georgia Runoff
Former president doesn't plan a rally for Herschel Walker, which could backfire
- As the Senate runoff in Georgia heads into crunch time, one big name won't be playing a public role. Politico and the
New York Times
report that Donald Trump has no plans to stage one of his signature rallies for Herschel Walker. Trump is still a strong supporter of...
FBI Says Missing Toddler's
Remains Found in Landfill
Nov 28, 2022 2:58 PM CST
FBI Says Missing Toddler's Remains Found in Landfill
Quinton Simon's mother was arrested last week
- The FBI on Monday confirmed that the bones found in a Georgia landfill are those of a toddler who had been reported missing last month and whose mother was arrested last week on charges including murder. The FBI used DNA analysis to confirm that the bones belonged to 20-month-old Quinton...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.