Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
One of Internet's
Most Famous Dogs
Is Seriously Ill
Dec 28, 2022 8:04 AM CST
One of Internet's Most Famous Dogs Is Seriously Ill
Kabosu, 17-year-old shiba inu who spurred 'doge' meme, has leukemia, liver disease, says owner
- You may not know her name, but if you've spent any time on the internet over the past decade, you almost certainly know her face. Kabosu, the shiba inu from Japan who became the face of dogecoin and graced countless "doge" memes , turned 17 in October, which is...
Puppy Ditched by Owner at
Airport Gets His Happy Ending
Dec 27, 2022 8:00 AM CST
Puppy Ditched by Owner at Airport Gets His Happy Ending
United Airlines employees took care of puppy left in San Francisco until pilot could adopt him
- United Airlines has used "Fly the Friendly Skies" and "Good Leads the Way" as recent slogans, and both apply in a case out of California that has found a puppy his forever home. CNN reports on the plight of Polaris, a dog of unknown breed who was abandoned...
Police: 4-Day-Old Infant
Killed by Family Dog
Dec 23, 2022 9:42 AM CST
Police: 4-Day-Old Infant Killed by Family Dog
An investigation in Cave Springs, Arkansas, is ongoing after newborn is fatally mauled
- Arkansas police say a newborn girl was killed earlier this month after her family's dog fatally mauled her. Lt. Keith Lawson of the Cave Springs Police Department tells KNWA the attack took place at the unidentified family's home shortly after noon on Dec. 14. Gray News and 40/29...
World's Oldest Dog Dies After
Life Full of Love, Country Music
Oct 7, 2022 12:00 PM CDT
World's Oldest Dog Dies After Life Full of Love, Country Music
Toy fox terrier Pebbles was 22
- Pebbles, a toy fox terrier certified as the oldest living dog in May this year, has died at the age of 22—the equivalent of more than 120 years of age for a human, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association 's calculations. According to an Instagram post from...
Cops: Infant, Toddler Fatally
Mauled by Family's Dogs
Oct 6, 2022 2:15 PM CDT
Cops: Infant, Toddler Fatally Mauled by Family's Dogs
Mom is in critical condition after attack in Shelby County, Tenn.
- Authorities are delivering grim news out of Tennessee, where they say an infant and toddler were fatally mauled by their family's dogs, an attack that left their mother badly injured. Per FOX 5 Atlanta , a tweet from the Shelby County Sheriff's Office late Wednesday relayed that detectives were...
May Be Able
to Smell It
Sep 29, 2022 8:59 AM CDT
Stressed Out? Your Pooch May Be Able to Smell It
New research shows canines can use their noses to detect changes in human breath, sweat samples
- Dogs are known for their olfactory superpowers , leading to jobs as drug sniffers and as helpers in search and rescue efforts. Now, those sensitive noses are being credited with something closer to home: being able to detect when their owners are stressed. New research published Wednesday in
Blind Dog Falls Into Hole,
Another Dog Triggers Rescue
Sep 22, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Blind Dog Falls Into Hole, Another Dog Triggers Rescue
Cesar, a very good boy, is doing fine in Pasadena after firefighters get him out
- Firefighters have rescued a 13-year-old blind dog that fell into a hole at a California construction site. According to KABC , the dog named Cesar lives next to the site in Pasadena with his owner. The dog apparently wandered onto the site, said Cesar's owner, Mary, who declined to give...
The Bear Was on Top of Her.
Then Her Dog Started Barking
Aug 23, 2022 3:33 PM CDT
The Bear Was on Top of Her. Then Her Dog Started Barking
Jack Russell terrier helps save the day in Vermont
- A Jack Russell terrier just made clear why dogs are considered man's best friend. Or more specifically, a 61-year-old woman's. On Saturday, Susan Lee was walking her terrier and labradoodle on trails near her Strafford, Vermont home when she heard a "loud noise" and realized a bear...
Couple Likely Gave
Monkeypox to Their Dog
Aug 16, 2022 12:16 PM CDT
Couple Likely Gave Monkeypox to Their Dog
WHO's Rosamund Lewis says it's first apparent case of human-to-animal transmission
- What appears to be the first known human-to-pet transmission of monkeypox has surfaced in France. A nonexclusive, cohabiting couple developed symptoms of the virus, which has been appearing mostly in men who have sex with other men, a few days after sleeping with other partners, reports CBS News . Twelve days...
Man Accused of
Stealing Lady Gaga's
Dogs Arrested, Again
Aug 4, 2022 1:12 AM CDT
Man Accused of Stealing Lady Gaga's Dogs Arrested, Again
James Howard Jackson, 19, was mistakenly released from custody in April
The man charged with stealing Lady Gaga's dogs and shooting her dog walker has been recaptured after he was accidentally released from custody in April. Authorities blamed a clerical error for the release of James Howard Jackson while awaiting trial. He was re-arrested Wednesday, the AP reports.
Good Boy! Dog Leads
Rescuers to Stranded Man
Jul 20, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Good Boy! Dog Leads Rescuers to Stranded Man
Authorities said Saul the border collie acted in 'true Lassie fashion'
- A border collie in California was treated to a fine dinner and extra beef jerky after helping a search and rescue team locate his owner—a hiker who took a very hard fall in Tahoe National Forest last Wednesday. According to KCRA, the 53-year-man tumbled 70 feet off a ridge,...
A Yelp, Then a
'Oh My God,
Jun 29, 2022 4:55 PM CDT
A Yelp, Then a Surprise Find: 'Oh My God, It's Lilah!'
State trooper rescues missing golden retriever from rural drainage pipe in upstate NY
- A missing golden retriever named Lilah, discovered deep inside a culvert pipe in upstate New York, couldn't be lured out by her owner with peanut butter dog treats or cheese. In the end, State Trooper Jimmy Rasaphone decided to crawl about 15 feet into the pipe under a rural...
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by
Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
May 17, 2022 7:37 AM CDT
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Olivia Floyd died after Rottweiler attacked her in Va.; grandparents charged with murder
- A family tragedy around the horrific death of a 7-year-old Virginia girl has been compounded by the arrests of her grandparents and parents. Earlier this year, WHSV reported on a dog attack in Augusta County, Va., in which Olivia Grace Floyd was killed. Police who arrived at a Waynesboro residence...
by 4-Legged Hero
May 11, 2022 12:03 PM CDT
Woman With Dementia Saved by 4-Legged Hero
Sherry Noppe's dog, who never left her side after she got lost in woods, barked till they were found
- Texas' Sherry Noppe, recently diagnosed with dementia, disappeared after taking her dog for a walk on May 3 in the Houston suburb of Katy. Thankfully, the 63-year-old was reunited with family just in time for Mother's Day after said black Labrador "saved her life," daughter Courtney Noppe...
Meet Patron, Ukraine's
Latest War Hero
May 9, 2022 10:29 AM CDT
Meet Patron, Ukraine's Latest War Hero
President Zelensky awards Jack Russell terrier a medal for his mine-sniffing work
- A very special awards ceremony was held over the weekend in Kyiv to honor the nation's newest hero amid the Russian invasion: a 2 1/2-year-old dog named Patron, reports the BBC . A medal was bestowed upon the Jack Russell terrier at a Sunday news conference by none other than...
Yorkie Stolen 11 Years Ago
Reunited With Owner
Apr 30, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Yorkie Stolen 11 Years Ago Reunited With Owner
Rex, found wandering streets of Stoughton, Mass., is now back home with his long-lost family
- It was a joyful, if unlikely, meeting Wednesday in Stoughton, Mass., as a woman from the Boston suburb of Quincy was reunited with the Yorkshire terrier that had been stolen outside of her home 11 years ago. Boston 25 notes that Rex, who used to live with his owner, Marzena...
World's Oldest Living
Dog Has a Familiar Name
Apr 25, 2022 8:43 AM CDT
World's Oldest Living Dog Has a Familiar Name
Chihuahua TobyKeith was verified as 21 years, 66 days old on March 16, a Guinness record
- This TobyKeith drinks out of a bowl, not a red Solo cup, but he's now drawing as much attention as the country music star he was apparently named after. The Florida chihuahua has just made his way into Guinness World Records as the oldest living dog, confirmed on March...
Suit: First She Threw His Phone,
Keys Off Balcony. Next, His Dog
Mar 3, 2022 9:55 AM CST
Suit: First She Threw His Phone, Keys Off Balcony. Next, His Dog
Florida man sues ex-girlfriend, accusing her of fatally hurling his pug Bucky 7 floors down
- A Florida man is suing a woman he had been seeing after he alleges she hurled his pug off a seventh-floor balcony, killing it. In a Monday news conference , Eric Adeson explained that he and Shelley Nicole Vaughn, 46, lived in the same Clearwater apartment building, had dated off and...
Smelling Your Dog's Poop
Could Net You Big Bucks
Feb 25, 2022 9:50 AM CST
Smelling Your Dog's Poop Could Net You Big Bucks
Plant-based dog food firm Omni is offering more than $6K for someone to do just that for 2 months
- One lucky dog owner will soon have the chance to earn an easy $6,700, though "lucky" and "easy" may not be entirely accurate. UPI reports on a unique job plopportunity, courtesy of plant-based dog food manufacturer Omni, in which the selected human will be paid that chunk...
Her Dog Was Declared Dead
7 Years Ago. Then, a Call
Feb 21, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Her Dog Was Declared Dead 7 Years Ago. Then, a Call
Zoey was found wandering around a rural property in Calif., after being reported missing in 2010
- It started earlier this month with a call about a stray dog, and ended with a "special weekend" 12 years in the making, per KCRA . NBC News reports that on Feb. 10, the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office received a call that a dog had been dropped off...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Watch Fighter Jet Take Down China's Balloon
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.