Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Super Bowl ads
Stories 1 - 20 |
'He Gets Us' Jesus Campaign
Ticks Off Left and Right
Feb 14, 2023 9:40 AM CST
'He Gets Us' Jesus Campaign Ticks Off Left and Right
A look at the group behind the ads putting Jesus in the spotlight
- One of the ad campaigns during the Super Bowl that continues to draw attention pushed neither beer nor snacks. Instead, the two "He Gets Us" spots pushed none other than Jesus Christ. A look at the continuing reaction:
One shows Latin American families heading toward the US
11 of the Best
Super Bowl Ads
and One of the Worst
Feb 13, 2023 6:56 AM CST
11 of the Best Super Bowl Ads and One of the Worst
The commercials during the big game did not disappoint
- Super Bowl Sunday is about more than just the game , the halftime show , and the inevitable controversial call that will be debated for days: It's also about, of course, the commercials. The Athletic and the
New York Post
are among the many outlets running down the best and worst...
Fox Says There's Big Change
in Super Bowl Ads This Year
Feb 6, 2023 2:35 PM CST
Fox Says There's Big Change in Super Bowl Ads This Year
Exactly zero ads for crypto, while Anheuser-Busch no longer is sole alcohol advertiser
- The hottest advertising ticket in town is officially sold out. Fox said Monday that in-game ads for Super Bowl LVII have all been sold. The game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles is Sunday, with advertisers jockeying to get their products in front of the more than...
Was Indeed a
Super Bowl Ad Stunt
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 4, 2023 12:10 PM CST
M&M's Brouhaha Was Indeed a Super Bowl Ad Stunt
No, the spokescandies are not actually being replaced because they're too 'woke'
- When M&Ms announced it would be replacing its "spokescandies" with Maya Rudolph because the candies had become too controversial, some bemoaned the fact that the candy company was apparently giving in to the likes of Tucker Carlson, who complained about the spokescandies being too "woke" after they...
Jan 24, 2023 12:21 AM CST
M&Ms Dropping 'Spokescandies,' Going With Maya Rudolph
Hmmm, could this all be a Super Bowl ad-related stunt? We wonder...
- A year ago, M&Ms sparked a bit of a controversy when it gave its "spokescandies" a makeover that Tucker Carlson complained was too woke . Among other things, for example, the green M&M's iconic high-heeled go-go boots were replaced with sneakers, a change that prompted much wailing...
7 Super Bowl Ads
Taking the Internet by Storm
Feb 14, 2022 6:14 AM CST
7 Super Bowl Ads Taking the Internet by Storm
Including reunions for both the Sopranos and the Dr. Evil crew
- Things people are talking about Sunday night: the winners of Super Bowl LVI, the halftime show performers (and surprise guests), the pre-game singers (and an awkward mix-up on NBC's part), and—of course—the ads. Here are seven getting particular attention, which you can also watch in our gallery:...
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad
After Springsteen DWI Charge
Feb 11, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad After Springsteen DWI Charge
Ad is on pause until facts are established
- The Jeep ad featuring Bruce Springsteen that aired during the Super Bowl has now been pulled from the brand's social media following news of the rocker's November arrest on a DWI charge . While it "would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter...
24 of the Best Super Bowl Ads
Feb 8, 2021 5:01 AM CST
24 of the Best Super Bowl Ads
Including a 5-second spot from Reddit
- This year's Super Bowl may have been a little bit different thanks to the coronavirus pandemic (a lot of the "fans" in attendance were cardboard ), but one thing remained the same: the commercials were great. View some of the best in our gallery, or visit CNET and...
Is This the Worst
Feb 8, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Is This the Worst Super Bowl Commercial of 2021?
Or maybe Oatly actually ran the best one?
- There were some awesome Super Bowl commercials Sunday night, and then ... there was Oatly. Featuring the CEO of the oat milk company, Toni Petersson, in a field singing and playing along to a song he wrote about oat milk, BuzzFeed calls it "either the worst or best thing we'...
Budweiser Isn't Running
Super Bowl Ad. Instead, This
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 30, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Budweiser Isn't Running Super Bowl Ad. Instead, This
Brand will use marketing dollars to boost COVID vaccine awareness in new digital commercial
- One of the commercials people most look forward to on Super Bowl Sunday is the one from Budweiser—but this year, the Anheuser-Busch InBev brand is doing something a little different. Instead of its usual ad during the big game, it will be airing "Bigger Picture" digitally before and...
Most Talked About
Super Bowl Ads
Feb 3, 2020 6:23 AM CST
This Year's Most Talked About Super Bowl Ads
Mr. Peanut is apparently alive
- This year's Super Bowl featured dueling ads from President Trump and Michael Bloomberg—but there was a lot more buzz around Mr. Peanut. In a commercial that features in numerous lists of both the best and worst ads from the big game, mourners, including fellow mascots Mr. Clean and...
Was an Ad
Feb 2, 2020 6:32 PM CST
Mystery Over About Brady's Tweet: It Was an Ad
QB is a pitchman for Hulu
- Days before the Super Bowl, Tom Brady tweeted a moody, black-and-white photo that had everyone trying to figure out whether it was a clue to his football future. As it turns out, the photo was a tease to a Super Bowl commercial, one for Hulu that aired during the first...
Fox Accused of Scuttling
Super Bowl Commercial
Jan 31, 2020 10:35 AM CST
Fox Accused of Scuttling Super Bowl Commercial
PETA had it made as a call against 'speciesism'
- PETA says its Colin Kaepernick-themed ad for the Super Bowl is getting a frosty reception over at Fox and might not air at all, TMZ reports. The animal rights group's ad calls for an end to speciesism—in their words, to "challenge people to expand their concept of...
Super Bowl Ad
Jan 30, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Bloomberg Unveils His $10M Super Bowl Ad
Spot will focus on gun violence
- We already knew Michael Bloomberg was shelling out $10 million of his own money to buy a Super Bowl ad . On Thursday, the 2020 candidate unveiled the 60-second spot in advance, and its focus is on gun violence. (Watch it here .) The ad features Calandrian Simpson Kemp, whose 20-year-old...
CEO Takes Out
$6M Super Bowl Ad
About His Dog
Jan 30, 2020 8:44 AM CST
CEO Takes Out $6M Super Bowl Ad About His Dog
David MacNeil hopes viewers donate to veterinary research
- WeatherTech's unofficial mascot, Scout, appeared in the auto accessories company's 2019 Super Bowl ad . And the 7-year-old golden retriever is back for 2020, both because of and in spite of an aggressive cancer treatment carried out at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine. Scout's owner,...
Dead at 104
Jan 22, 2020 2:08 PM CST
Planters' Mr. Peanut Dead at 104
His funeral will be held in the form of a Super Bowl ad
- "It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that Mr. Peanut has died at 104. In the ultimate selfless act, he sacrificed himself to save his friends when they needed him most. Please pay your respects with #RIPeanut." That's the official word from the Twitter account of...
It Will Be a Super Bowl First,
but Unrelated to Football
Jan 9, 2020 6:23 AM CST
It Will Be a Super Bowl First, but Unrelated to Football
Bloomberg, Trump spending $10M apiece in unprecedented ads
- We don't yet know yet which teams will be playing in the Super Bowl, but Bloomberg vs. Trump is already lined up. After news surfaced that Michael Bloomberg would shell out $10 million for 60 seconds worth of advertising during the game, the Trump campaign has matched the effort,...
to Send One
Jan 7, 2020 2:45 PM CST
Bloomberg Just Dropped About $10M to Send One Message
The Democratic presidential hopeful bought a 60-second, national Super Bowl ad
- Michael Bloomberg might just get your attention on Super Bowl Sunday—if, that is, you like watching the ads. The Democratic presidential hopeful has dished out big bucks for a 60-second commercial his campaign says will focus on criticizing President Trump, the
New York Times
reports. "The biggest point...
Beer Titans Go to War
Over 'Corn Syrup' Ad
Mar 22, 2019 6:01 AM CDT
Beer Titans Go to War Over 'Corn Syrup' Ad
MillerCoors lawsuit claims Bud Light ad purposefully misleads consumers
- Medieval kings have sparked a legal battle between beer titans. MillerCoors is suing Anheuser-Busch over a "misleading," minute-long Super Bowl ad emphasizing the use of corn syrup in making both Coors Light and Miller Lite. The ad shows Bud Light's "king" visiting his fellow monarchs at...
Bud Light Super Bowl Ad
Delivers Epic Surprise
Feb 4, 2019 6:50 AM CST
Bud Light Super Bowl Ad Delivers Epic Surprise
Here are this year's most talked-about ads
- The ads provided some much-needed entertainment during the lowest-scoring Super Bowl in history —especially a Bud Light ad that took a very dark turn. The ad, set at a medieval jousting match, was "hijacked" by HBO's
Game of Thrones
to promote its final season, with the skull-crushing...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.