Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
I Never Said
the Last of Me
Sep 20, 2022 3:33 AM CDT
Woody Allen: I Never Said You'd Seen the Last of Me
Filmmaker denies report that he's done with films
Woody Allen says reports of his retirement are untrue. "Woody Allen never said he was retiring, (nor) did he say he was writing another novel," the filmmaker says in a statement cited by Deadline . "He said he was thinking about not making films as making films...
May 29, 2022 6:35 AM CDT
Woody Harrelson Film Takes Top Prize at Cannes
Satire 'Triangle Sadness' is directed by Ruben Ostlund
- Swedish director Ruben Ostlund’s class warfare comedy
Triangle of Sadness
won the Palme d’Or at the 75th Cannes Film Festival on Saturday, giving Ostlund one of cinema’s most prestigious prizes for the second time, per the AP . The movie features Woody Harrelson as a Marxist yacht captain...
Actress Says Doctor Didn't
Ask Before Breast Enlargement
Mar 30, 2021 4:35 PM CDT
Actress Says Doctor Didn't Ask Before Breast Enlargement
Sharon Stone's memoir also accuses her grandfather of abuse
- In her new memoir, Sharon Stone says that she and her sister were sexually abused as children by their grandfather. He died when she was 14, and the actress describes her reaction: "I poked him, and the bizarre satisfaction that he was at last dead hit me like a...
Woody Allen Rips
Feb 22, 2021 5:50 PM CST
Woody Allen Rips Damning Documentary
HBO film examines child sexual abuse allegations against director
- Just after HBO showed a documentary Sunday night on the accusations of child sexual abuse against Woody Allen, the director issued a statement calling it a "hatchet job." The program, the first of four installments, looks into allegations that Allen molested Dylan Farrow when he was in a...
Mia Farrow: Woody Allen Will
Do Anything 'to Save Himself'
Feb 18, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Mia Farrow: Woody Allen Will Do Anything 'to Save Himself'
Comments come from new documentary focusing on child abuse allegations
- Mia Farrow says her biggest regret is meeting Woody Allen, and that she's "scared" of the Oscar-winning writer/director 30 years after their tumultuous split, in a new documentary, the result of a two-year investigation.
Allen v. Farrow
covers the better years of Allen and Farrow's relationship in...
In Dylan Farrow's New Book,
a Swipe at Woody Allen
Oct 5, 2020 11:48 AM CDT
In Dylan Farrow's New Book, a Swipe at Woody Allen
Fantasy novel comes with an afterword that references 'false narrative' by 'powerful individual'
- Dylan Farrow's fantasy novel debuts Tuesday, part of a campaign that
calls a move back into the public eye "on her own terms."
's main character, Shae, takes on a slew of wizards (mostly male) who constantly try to gaslight her, a plot point
Jun 14, 2020 7:33 AM CDT
Spike Lee Drops His Defense of Woody Allen
'My words were wrong,' filmmaker tweets
- Spike Lee's defense of Woody Allen lasted one day. In a radio interview Friday, Lee had offered Allen as an example of the unfairness of the "cancel culture," saying, "I know he’s going through it right now." On Saturday, the filmmaker posted a retraction,...
Woody Allen Takes
a Swing at His
May 30, 2020 11:45 AM CDT
Woody Allen Takes a Swing at His Son's Work
The filmmaker calls Farrow's reporting 'shoddy'
- With Ronan Farrow on the ropes, his dad is taking a shot of his own. "People are beginning to realize that it isn't just in relation to me that his journalism has been kind of shoddy," Woody Allen tells the
. "And I'm not so...
Not Happy With
Apr 6, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
Larry David Not Happy With Toilet Paper Hoarders
Entertainer sees a Wild West parallel in wide-ranging talk with Maureen Dowd
- At a time when Americans are trapped at home, Maureen Dowd of the
New York Times
checked in with "the world's leading expert on the art of nothing"—none other than Larry David. The 72-year-old creator of
Curb Your Enthusiasm
had plenty to say on...
Woody Allen's Memoir Is Out:
'I Never Laid a Finger on Dylan'
Mar 23, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Woody Allen's Memoir Is Out: 'I Never Laid a Finger on Dylan'
Filmmaker also discusses the early days of his relationship with Soon-Yi Previn
- Woody Allen's memoir, dropped by its original publisher after widespread criticism , has found a new home. The 400-page book, still called
Apropos of Nothing
, was released Monday by Arcade Publishing. With little advance notice, the 84-year-old filmmaker's book arrives at a time when much of the world is...
Mar 8, 2020 6:13 AM CDT
Woody Allen's Memoir Gets the Ax
Hachette drops memoir after Dylan, Ronan Farrow uproar, staff walkout
- Woody Allen's upcoming memoir is apparently no longer upcoming. According to the
, publisher Hachette Book Group has decided to pull the director's book,
Apropos of Nothing,
a month before it was to hit shelves after outcry over child molestation allegations . Hachette said it would "return...
Ronan to Woody
Were Your Sister'
Mar 4, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Ronan to Woody Allen Publisher: 'Imagine This Were Your Sister'
Hachette, which is publishing Allen's new memoir, also published Farrow's 'Catch and Kill'
- Ronan Farrow and Woody Allen share the same book publisher, but Farrow wasn't happy to recently find out about this bond with his estranged father.
Apropos of Nothing
, Allen's new memoir due out April 7, is being published by Hachette, also the publisher for Farrow's
Mar 3, 2020 9:35 AM CST
Woody Allen's Memoir Already Generating Controversy
Dylan Farrow blasts book as 'another example of the profound privilege that power ... affords'
- Woody Allen's long-rumored memoir will be published next month, according to a Monday release from Grand Central Publishing, a division of Hachette Book Group. It was quickly followed by harsh words from Dylan Farrow, the daughter who claims Allen molested her as a young girl in the early 1990s....
Jeff Goldblum's Woody Allen
Comments Rankle Some
Nov 8, 2019 6:37 AM CST
Jeff Goldblum's Woody Allen Comments Rankle Some
'I think there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty'
- Jeff Goldblum has joined Scarlett Johansson in supporting director Woody Allen, despite the allegations he sexually abused his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow decades ago. "Even though I feel like this cultural shift [the #MeToo movement] is very, very positive and long overdue and I support it wholeheartedly and take...
Dylan Farrow Answers
Sep 5, 2019 4:45 PM CDT
Dylan Farrow Answers Scarlett Johansson
Actress believes Woody Allen's denials of abuse
- Dylan Farrow was unmoved by Scarlett Johansson's faith in Woody Allen, the Cut reports. The actress had said she believes Allen when he denies Farrow's accusation that he sexually abused her when she was 7. "Scarlett has a long way to go in understanding the issue she...
on Woody Allen:
'I Believe Him'
Sep 4, 2019 3:41 PM CDT
Scarlett Johansson on Woody Allen: 'I Believe Him'
Actress says she loves him and 'would work with him anytime'
- Scarlett Johansson is passionate about women's issues, and has been active with the Time's Up organization since its early days. But when it comes to Woody Allen, widely decried by the #MeToo movement for his alleged sexual abuse of his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow, Johansson strongly differs. "...
Woody Allen Wants
$68M From Amazon
Feb 7, 2019 4:32 PM CST
Woody Allen Wants $68M From Amazon
Director sues over film deal that fell apart
- Woody Allen is not happy that Amazon is refusing to distribute his latest film, and he's going to court over it. As the director has faced renewed scrutiny over daughter Dylan Farrow's allegations that he sexually abused her when she was seven, Amazon Studios had second thoughts about...
'Teen Lover' Speaks
Dec 18, 2018 1:00 AM CST
Woody Allen's 'Teen Lover' Speaks
Babi Christina Engelhardt: I cried when I saw 'Manhattan'
- A California woman says she was Woody Allen's secret teenage lover—and is telling her story of adoration, disillusion, and threesomes with Woody and Mia Farrow. Babi Christina Engelhardt was apparently just 16 when she dropped a note at Allen's restaurant table in 1976 with her phone number:...
After Decades of Silence,
Soon-Yi Previn Speaks
Sep 17, 2018 6:21 AM CDT
After Decades of Silence, Soon-Yi Previn Speaks
Woody Allen's wife blasts Mia Farrow in controversial 'New York' interview
- One person we haven't heard from in decades "as controversies tumbled around her": Soon-Yi Previn, wife of Woody Allen and adopted daughter of Mia Farrow. "No more," writes Daphne Merkin in a piece in
that's attracting plenty of attention—and backlash. Previn details...
New Film May
Aug 30, 2018 3:48 PM CDT
Woody Allen's New Film May Be Shelved Indefinitely
Amazon Studios says 'no release date has ever been set'
- Woody Allen, who has come under renewed scrutiny over daughter Dylan Farrow's 1992 abuse allegations in the wake of the #MeToo movement, may never see his latest film released. Amazon Studios signed a five-film deal with Allen in 2016, but struggled to get wide theatrical distribution for last year'...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tagovailoa Speaks on His Latest Hard Hit
Trump Reacts to NYT Reporter's New Book: She's a 'Creep'
Democrat Wants New Leaders After Stock Ban Stalls
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Woman's Mysterious Death Was 'Deliberate and Personal'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.