Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NBA Star Wants Changes
After a Popcorn Dumping
May 27, 2021 11:43 AM CDT
NBA Star Wants Changes After a Popcorn Dumping
Russell Westbrook says the league needs to better protect players
- Russell Westbrook is fed up. A fan dumped popcorn on the Washington Wizards star as he was limping off the court Wednesday night after injuring his ankle in Philadelphia, reports ESPN . As video of the incident shows, Westbrook had to be restrained from going after the man in the Wells...
'Take This Virus Seriously,'
Quarantined NBA Star Says
Jul 13, 2020 4:45 PM CDT
'Take This Virus Seriously,' Quarantined NBA Star Says
Russell Westbrook tested positive but reports he's feeling fine
- The Houston Rockets have arrived in Orlando to prepare for the resumption of the NBA season, but without Russell Westbrook. The league's 2017 MVP tested positive for the coronavirus before the team left for Florida, the
reports. Westbrook tweeted that he feels fine and is "looking forward...
Utah Jazz Hits Fan
With Lifetime Ban,
Dec 17, 2019 3:34 PM CST
Utah Jazz Hits Fan With Lifetime Ban, Gets Sued
Fan says he shouldn't have been banned after incident involving Russell Westbrook
- A Utah Jazz fan that was hit with a lifetime ban from the basketball team is now suing the team as well as Russell Westbrook, the NBA player involved in the incident that got the fan banned. It all started back in March when Westbrook's then-team, the Oklahoma City...
Was Just Tied
Apr 5, 2017 8:00 AM CDT
A Record Untouchable Since 1962 Was Just Tied
Russell Westbrook recorded his 41st triple-double Tuesday night
- Is Russell Westbrook the best player in the NBA? It's a question NPR asked in March as the Oklahoma City Thunder point guard inched closer to claiming a storied record: the most triple-doubles in a season. Oscar Robertson did it 41 times for the Cincinnati Royals during the 1961-1962...
Jun 20, 2012 3:00 AM CDT
Heat Tops Thunder, Nears Title
LeBron James battles through thigh cramps
- A limping, grimacing LeBron James shook off the pain of leg cramps to hit a tiebreaking 3-pointer and the Miami Heat held on to edge the Oklahoma City Thunder 104-98 last night, taking a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals. No team has ever blown a 3-1 lead in...
Apr 5, 2008 9:50 PM CDT
Memphis Sails Over UCLA
Tigers take control in the second half to advance to title game
- Thanks to Joey Dorsey’s domination of the boards and of UCLA’s Kevin Love, Memphis is headed to the NCAA championship game for the first time since 1973, reports the
. Dorsey had 15 rebounds and held Love to 12 points and nine rebounds as the Tigers beat...
UCLA Slips by
Stanford to Win
Mar 15, 2008 9:25 PM CDT
UCLA Slips by Stanford to Win Pac-10
Even without a healthy Love, Bruins complete sweep of Cardinal
- With one key player on crutches and another on the sidelines, No. 3 UCLA knew its was going to need help from other places in the Pac-10 championship game against No. 11 Stanford today. Luckily for the Bruins, Darren Collison was more than happy to help out, reports the
Unbeatable Cougars Slam USC 73-58
Jan 11, 2008 4:30 AM CST
Unbeatable Cougars Slam USC 73-58
UCLA beats Washington, Butler downs Wisconsin-GB,
- Fourth-ranked Washington State remained unbeaten last night with a 73-58 win over USC. OJ Mayo hauled in 22 points and seven rebounds for the Trojans but got no help from the bench in a game that saw only four USC free throws. The victory was only WSU's 12th in 53...
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast Food Restaurant
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Kevin McCarthy to Exit the House at Month's End
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.