Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Have Info on the 'Doodler'?
Reward Just Got Even Bigger
Jan 26, 2023 6:09 AM CST
Have Info on the 'Doodler'? Reward Just Got Even Bigger
Police in San Francisco up the pot to $250K, release new sketch in search for '70s serial killer
- Last year, police upped the reward in their search for the "Doodler," a serial killer from the '70s who went after gay men. Now, they've increased the pot even more, this time from $200,000 to $250,000, and released a new sketch of the suspect,...
Victim's 1973 Struggle With
Her Killer Credited With Arrest
Jan 16, 2023 1:23 PM CST
Victim's 1973 Struggle With Her Killer Credited With Arrest
Man described as serial killer admits assault on Leslie Perlov, who had his DNA under her nails
- It took 50 years, but detectives in California's Santa Clara County are finally able to close the books on a brutal 1973 sexual assault and murder. John Getreu, a 78-year-old described by authorities as a serial killer, pleaded guilty last week to killing 21-year-old Nancy Perlov, a law librarian...
Suspected Serial Killer
Charged with 4 More Murders
Dec 28, 2022 2:12 PM CST
Suspected Serial Killer Charged with 4 More Murders
Wesley Brownlee was arrested in October
- A man who police say was "on a mission to kill" and "was out hunting" when he was arrested in October has been hit with additional charges. Wesley Brownlee, 43, had already been charged with three counts of first-degree murder in connection with killings that occurred in Stockton,...
in the '70s. Now
Dec 23, 2022 12:51 PM CST
'The Serpent' Killed Backpackers in the '70s. Now He's Free
Admitted serial killer Charles Sobhraj is released from a Nepal prison
- Confessed French serial killer Charles Sobhraj was freed from prison in Nepal on Friday after serving most of his sentence for killing American and Canadian backpackers and was taken to the airport for a flight back to Paris, his attorney said. His alleged killings were dramatized in a series co-produced...
'Torso Killer' Confesses
5 More Murders
Dec 6, 2022 2:19 AM CST
'Torso Killer' Confesses 5 More Murders
Richard Cottingham sentenced in Diane Cusick murder
- The serial killer known as the "Torso Killer" has confessed to five more murders. Richard Cottingham, who was already serving time for 11 murders when he was charged with another murder in a 1968 cold case last year, on Monday pleaded guilty to that murder and admitted he was...
Alleged Serial Killer
Accused of Murdering
4 Indigenous Women
Dec 2, 2022 1:23 PM CST
Alleged Serial Killer Accused of Murdering 4 Indigenous Women
Canadian suspect Jeremy Skibicki linked to far-right group
- A man arrested in Canada earlier this year is now believed to be a serial killer with at least four victims, all of them Indigenous women. Jeremy Skibicki, a 35-year-old resident of Winnipeg, Manitoba, was charged in May with the murder of 24-year-old Rebecca Contois, a member of the Crane...
Person Behind Stockton
Murders May Be 'Hunting'
Oct 5, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Person Behind Stockton Murders May Be 'Hunting'
All crimes were committed in areas light on surveillance cameras
- Police believe there's a serial killer afoot in California, and "we don’t know what the motive is," Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said Tuesday, per the AP . But "what we do believe is that it's mission-oriented, this person's on a mission." The...
Police Again Search Moor
for 1964 Victim of Killers
Sep 30, 2022 4:12 PM CDT
Police Again Search Moor for 1964 Victim of Killers
Author thinks he found human remains in the area
- Winnie Johnson searched for her 12-year-old son's body from 1964 until her death in 2012, sometimes digging herself in the moor where English police believe Keith Bennett was buried by his killers. A new lead has Greater Manchester police again digging in Saddleworth Moor, the
reports. Russell Edwards,...
Family of Dahmer Victim
Angry at Netflix Over Series
Sep 27, 2022 1:15 PM CDT
Family of Dahmer Victim Angry at Netflix Over Series
'They're just making money off of this tragedy'
- Netflix says
Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story
, a new crime drama series chronicling the life of the serial killer who killed 17 men and boys over 13 years, centers "around the underserved victims and their communities impacted by the systemic racism and institutional failures of the police." But...
LA Man Who Killed 5
at Random Sentenced
Aug 19, 2022 10:43 AM CDT
LA Man Who Killed 5 at Random Sentenced
Alexander Hernandez gets life without parole for 2014 killing spree
- A Los Angeles man who opened fire on people at random in 2014, killing five and wounding seven others, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Alexander Hernandez, 42, from the city's Sylmar neighborhood, was sentenced to multiple consecutive life terms for the rampage,...
29 Years Later
Apr 19, 2022 3:03 AM CDT
Victim of 'Happy Face Killer' Identified, 29 Years Later
Patricia Skiple was found dead in 1993
- A victim of the Happy Face Killer has been identified nearly 30 years after her body was left near a California highway, authorities said Monday. Patricia Skiple of Colton, Ore., had been known only as “Blue Pacheco" for the color of her clothing until genetic genealogy was used to...
Another Zodiac Killer? FBI On
Alert Over Albany Letters
Dec 12, 2021 7:15 AM CST
Another Zodiac Killer? FBI On Alert Over Albany Letters
Media outlets contacted by self-proclaimed 'Chinese Zodiac Killer'
- The FBI is on alert in upstate New York after multiple news media outlets reportedly received letters from a writer claiming to be the "Chinese Zodiac Killer." Per the
Albany Times Union
, the Bureau is investigating incidents at several television stations in the New York capital and notified...
Samuel Little Is Dead, but
LA Detectives Aren't Giving Up
Dec 4, 2021 11:00 AM CST
Samuel Little Is Dead, but LA Detectives Aren't Giving Up
They're still pursuing 16 possible murders committed by the serial killer
- The nation's most prolific serial killer died last year in a California prison at age 80, but as the
Los Angeles Times
explains, that hardly shuts the book on Samuel Little. He described having committed 93 murders, but in the case of 31 of them, authorities still haven't...
FBI: We Think We've Nabbed
Missouri/Kansas Serial Killer
Nov 9, 2021 8:05 AM CST
FBI: We Think We've Nabbed Missouri/Kansas Serial Killer
Perez Reed, 25, accused of fatally gunning down 6 people in alleged crime spree
- A suspected serial killer has been arrested for six deadly shootings throughout the Missouri/Kansas City area in September and October. Police say 25-year-old Perez Reed was nabbed by FBI agents on Friday after getting off a train in Independence, Mo., heading to his home in St. Louis from Kansas City,...
Bizarre False Confession
Gave Serial Killer a Break
Nov 6, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
Bizarre False Confession Gave Serial Killer a Break
ABC News looks back at the case linked to the 'Happy Face Killer'
- If you saw it in a movie, you might think there's no possible way it could happen in real life. But as ABC News explains in a story about now-imprisoned serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson, it did indeed happen. And newly obtained police interview tapes shed new light on...
Serial Killer Caught
by Victim's Friends
Gets 160 Years
Oct 7, 2021 2:19 PM CDT
Serial Killer Caught by Victim's Friends Gets 160 Years
They lured Khalil Wheeler-Weaver with fake social media account
- A New Jersey man who used dating apps to lure and kill three women five years ago was sentenced Wednesday to 160 years in prison after a trial in which it was revealed that friends of one victim did their own detective work on social media to ferret out the...
Miami Serial Killer
Died in Plane Crash
Sep 1, 2021 3:58 AM CDT
Miami Serial Killer Died in Plane Crash
Roberto Wagner Fernandes identified as murderer of 3 women
- Three women were killed in 2000 and 2001 in South Florida, and now their murderer has been identified—as a man who died in a plane crash 16 years ago. Police say Roberto Wagner Fernandes, a Brazilian citizen living in Miami at the time of Jessica Good's 2001 slaying,...
Attempt of 'Black Widow' to
Claim Dementia Goes South
Jun 30, 2021 8:42 AM CDT
Attempt of 'Black Widow' to Claim Dementia Goes South
Japan's Supreme Court upholds death sentence for Chisako Kakehi, who murdered 3
- For nearly four years, Chisako Kakehi's legal team has been pushing back on her 2017 death sentence, arguing that the 74-year-old woman Japan knows as the "Black Widow" has dementia, rendering her incapable of understanding anything that's going on around her, including her own criminal trial. Those...
He Claims to Have Solved
Zodiac Killer's Last Ciphers
Jun 22, 2021 2:57 PM CDT
He Claims to Have Solved Zodiac Killer's Last Ciphers
But results from French-Moroccan man aren't embraced in the case's online community
- A French-Moroccan man claims to have done what decades of sleuths have failed to do—crack two unsolved ciphers left by the Zodiac Killer and reveal his identity. But as the
New York Times
reports, the claims of 38-year-old Faycal Ziraoui aren't exactly being embraced by the large online...
Grisly Find at
3.8K Bone Fragments
Jun 14, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
Grisly Find at Ex-Butcher's Home: 3.8K Bone Fragments
Suspect may be responsible for 'greatest femicide in the history of Mexico'
- A former butcher in Mexico has reportedly admitted to killing the 34-year-old wife of a local police official, but that appears to be only the tip of the iceberg, based on what authorities say they found in the basement of his home on the outskirts of Mexico City. The AP...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
US Braces for China's Response
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
Bodies Dumped in Bogs Over 7K Years Reveal a Nasty End
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.