Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest murder news stories, recent child murder cases, and other reports on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Have Info on the 'Doodler'?
Reward Just Got Even Bigger
Jan 26, 2023 6:09 AM CST
Have Info on the 'Doodler'? Reward Just Got Even Bigger
Police in San Francisco up the pot to $250K, release new sketch in search for '70s serial killer
- Last year, police upped the reward in their search for the "Doodler," a serial killer from the '70s who went after gay men. Now, they've increased the pot even more, this time from $200,000 to $250,000, and released a new sketch of the suspect,...
Arrest Made in
of Microsoft Exec
Jan 25, 2023 2:10 PM CST
Arrest Made in Ambush Murder of Microsoft Exec
Sources say there's a link between Henry Teton and Jared Bridegan's ex-wife
- Police in Florida say an arrest has been made almost a year after Microsoft exec Jared Bridegan was gunned down in a Feb. 16 ambush —and they do not believe suspect Henry Teton acted alone. Teton, 61, was arrested Tuesday on charges of conspiracy to commit murder, second-degree murder,...
Brazil Cops: We've Got Our Guy
in Murders of Activist, Journo
Jan 24, 2023 10:05 AM CST
Brazil Cops: We've Got Our Guy in Murders of Activist, Journo
Rubens Villar Coelho is in custody, but local activists suspect others in Amazon killings
- Three men were already in custody for murdering Indigenous activist Bruno Pereira and UK journalist Dom Phillips last June in Brazil's Amazon rainforest. Now, per the
New York Times
, cops say they have the mastermind behind the killings: fishing trafficker Ruben Dario da Silva Villar, or Rubens Villar Coelho,...
Prosecutors: Brian Walshe
Made Chilling Google Searches
Jan 18, 2023 10:25 AM CST
Prosecutors: Brian Walshe Made Chilling Google Searches
They accuse him of dismembering wife Ana Walshe
- Prosecutors on Wednesday laid out some of their case against Brian Walshe , whom they accuse of dismembering his wife with a hacksaw before disposing of the remains, reports Boston 25 . Walshe was arraigned on charges of murder and disinterring a body Wednesday and entered a not guilty plea. The
Remains Found in Search
for Missing 4-Year-Old
Jan 17, 2023 7:08 PM CST
Remains Found in Search for Missing 4-Year-Old
Prosecutors say Athena Brownfield was beaten to death on Christmas Day
- A heartbreaking find has been made in the search for Athena Brownfield, a 4-year-old girl whose sister was found wandering alone in an Oklahoma town last week. Authorities say the remains of a child have been found in Rush Springs, around 15 miles from Cyrus, where a postal worker called...
Brian Walshe to Be Charged
With His Wife's Murder
Jan 17, 2023 2:14 PM CST
Brian Walshe to Be Charged With His Wife's Murder
The body of Ana Walshe has not been found
- Eleven days after his arrest on the charge of misleading a police investigation comes a new charge for Brian Walshe: murder. WCVB reports Norfolk District Attorney Michael W. Morrissey filed upgraded charges Tuesday in connection with the disappearance of Walshe's wife Ana. The Cohasset, Massachusetts, woman was last seen...
Cops Name Man Who
8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Jan 10, 2023 5:39 PM CST
Cops Name Man Who 8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Toronto residents charged with second-degree murder of man outside homeless shelter
- The man who was stabbed to death in December in what police have called a "swarming" attack was on Tuesday identified as Ken Lee; he had previously been described as a 59-year-old who was residing in Toronto's homeless shelters. The
reports Lee was attacked near the main...
'This Guy Stalked
Me and Groomed Me
When I Was a Child'
Jan 9, 2023 9:04 AM CST
'This Guy Stalked Me and Groomed Me When I Was a Child'
'LA Times' talks to woman who says she conversed for years as a young teen with Austin Edwards
- Austin Edwards is dead, as are three others he murdered in November in California after catfishing one victim's teen daughter . But his story has been revived once more, thanks to a woman now speaking out who says the former Virginia cop similarly groomed her, pressuring her to share nude...
Assistant DA Has Theory on
Kohberger Waiving Extradition
Jan 4, 2023 11:58 AM CST
Assistant DA Has Theory on Kohberger Waiving Extradition
He thinks Bryan Kohberger wants to know what's in court documents
- The man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November is being moved from Pennsylvania to Idaho to face first-degree murder and burglary charges. The AP reports officials on Wednesday morning confirmed Bryan Kohberger left a Pennsylvania jail in state police custody, though precise details of his transfer...
US Student Celebrating in
Belize Killed Outside Nightclub
Jan 2, 2023 4:00 AM CST
US Student Celebrating in Belize Killed Outside Nightclub
2 brothers are in custody, suspected of her murder
- J’Bria Bowens was celebrating her father's birthday in Belize on Friday night when the American 23-year-old was killed by a stray bullet from an assault-style rifle. Bowens, a nursing student at Louisiana State University, was sitting on a golf cart outside a nightclub in San Pedro, a tourist...
Juniper Tree Helped Solve
a Young Mother's Murder
Dec 31, 2022 6:30 AM CST
Juniper Tree Helped Solve a Young Mother's Murder
Mengqi Ji vanished in October 2019
- When Joseph Elledge discovered his wife, Mengqi Ji, was missing, he called the police non-emergency line a day later to report it. Elledge maintained that the 28-year-old mother of a 1-year-old left on the morning of Oct. 8, 2019, with her purse but not her phone or car keys. Elledge...
Suspect Arrested in Murder
of 4 Idaho Students
Dec 30, 2022 1:49 PM CST
Suspect Arrested in Murder of 4 Idaho Students
28-year-old is in custody in Pennsylvania
This summary has been updated with new information.
Police have made an arrest in the slaying of four University of Idaho students , reports the AP and CNN . Arrest paperwork filed by Pennsylvania State Police said Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, was being held for extradition based on an arrest warrant for...
Woman Guilty of Killing
Stepfather Over Nude Photos
Dec 22, 2022 8:56 AM CST
Woman Guilty of Killing Stepfather Over Nude Photos
Prosecutors said Jade Janks killed Robert Merriman days after disturbing find
- A California woman who testified that she was horrified to find hundreds of nude photos of herself on her stepfather's laptop has been convicted of murdering him. Jade Janks, a 39-year-old interior designer, was found guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder in the death of 64-year-old Robert Merriman, co-founder of...
Another Dead-End in
Idaho Murder Investigation
Dec 21, 2022 5:01 AM CST
Another Dead-End in Idaho Murder Investigation
Hyundai Elantra found in Eugene, Oregon, is not related to slayings of 4 students
- The Hyundai Elantra found abandoned in Oregon is not related to the baffling murders of four University of Idaho students last month, police say. "The vehicle was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to...
Dec 16, 2022 12:11 AM CST
Ex-Cop Who Shot, Killed Atatiana Jefferson Convicted
Aaron Dean found guilty of manslaughter
- The former Texas cop who fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson as she played video games with her 8-year-old nephew was on Thursday convicted of manslaughter in the 28-year-old's death. Aaron Dean faces up to two decades behind bars when the trial's sentencing phase begins Friday, CNN reports. Dean was...
Weeks After Mom's Murder,
5-Year-Old Is Found
Dec 11, 2022 8:40 AM CST
Weeks After Mom's Murder, 5-Year-Old Is Found
Aspen Jeter of South Carolina is safe as father is arrested in Virginia
- The saga of a missing 5-year-old girl from South Carolina has ended with police finding her in a different state. Police located Aspen Jeter in Danville, Virginia, with her father, Antar Jeter, 47, reports WIS-TV . Antar Jeter has been charged with murdering the girl's mother, Crystal Jumper, in Orangeburg,...
Clue Cited in Idaho Slayings
Spurs Avalanche of Tips: Cops
Dec 9, 2022 11:03 AM CST
Clue Cited in Idaho Slayings Spurs Avalanche of Tips: Cops
'Overwhelming' number of tips have come in regarding white car spotted near students' home
- A car seen near the off-campus home where four University of Idaho students were slain last month is the latest possible clue in the case, and it's one that has spurred what CNN reports is an "overwhelming" number of tips. On Wednesday, the Moscow Police Department noted that...
Dec 9, 2022 10:13 AM CST
Prosecutors Share Alex Murdaugh's Alleged Motive
Prosecutors: He killed wife, son just as evidence of financial crimes was likely to be exposed
- Alex Murdaugh killed his wife and son at the precise moment his financial crimes threatened to be revealed, prosecutors say in a motion filed Thursday—and they say Murdaugh's own shooting followed a remarkably similar pattern. After the recession of the early 2000s and a "series of bad...
He Got Custody of His Young
Daughter, Then Fatally Shot Her
Dec 9, 2022 9:53 AM CST
He Got Custody of His Young Daughter, Then Fatally Shot Her
Angel Ahearn's grandmother is now slamming Tennessee's child services
- Six years ago, Angelique Ahearn's mother was killed in a Halloween car crash in Tennessee, and since the accident, her maternal grandmother, Monica Dunning, had fought for custody of the girl. Now Dunning is furious at the state's Department of Children's Services after Angel's father, who...
No Sign of Bodies
at Former Home of
Alleged Serial Killer
Dec 9, 2022 7:44 AM CST
No Sign of Bodies at Former Home of Alleged Serial Killer
Lucy Studey maintains she helped bury bodies on property where cadaver dogs registered hits
- There's no evidence of a serial killer at an Iowa property where a woman claims she helped her father bury up to 70 bodies, officials say. After an exhaustive search involving "an array of experts representing several disciplines and significant assets to excavate, collect, and examine soil samples...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.