Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Biden's Birthday Keeps
His Age in the Spotlight
Nov 20, 2023 9:35 AM CST
Biden's Birthday Keeps His Age in the Spotlight
President turns 81 on Monday, with conversation continuing on whether he's too old to run
- It's set to be a busy day at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Monday, with a trio of noteworthy events taking place: the annual pre-Thanksgiving pardoning of turkeys, the delivery of the White House's Christmas tree, and the 81st birthday of President Biden, already the oldest president in America'...
Line of Attack
on Biden May
Have a Problem
Oct 31, 2023 9:55 AM CDT
Trump's Favorite Line of Attack on Biden May Have a Problem
Ex-president is making fair share of public blunders; critics like DeSantis are calling him out
- One of former President Trump's favorite campaign themes is that 80-year-old President Biden is too old and prone to gaffes to win reelection. But a new theme in coverage of the 2024 election is that Trump, who's 77, is undercutting his argument by making quite a few public...
Is Too Old
Aug 28, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Democrats Agree: Biden Is Too Old
69% of Democrats agree with 89% of Republicans on that front
- Americans actually agree on something in this time of discord: Joe Biden is too old to be an effective president in a second term. Only a few years his junior, Donald Trump raises strikingly less concern about his age. But they have plenty of other problems with Trump, who at...
In One Country, Everyone
Woke Up Younger Wednesday
Jun 28, 2023 8:27 AM CDT
In One Country, Everyone Woke Up Younger Wednesday
South Korea officially ends its traditional way of determining age
- There's one country on the planet where people woke up younger on Wednesday. A new law took effect in South Korea that has reduced people's ages by one or two years. Historically, a baby born in South Korea was age one at birth and saw another year added...
South Koreans to Become
Younger Under Law
Dec 8, 2022 12:46 PM CST
South Koreans to Become Younger Under Law
Parliament votes to abolish traditional 'Korean age,' which created 'unnecessary' confusion
- South Korea's parliament passed a law Thursday that means citizens will soon turn a year or two younger than they've been all their lives. The country's traditional method of determining age, which specifies that a child is 1 year old on the date of birth and becomes...
as an Issue
Jun 14, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Biden's Age Reemerges as an Issue
White House balks amid concerns about 'geriatric leadership'
- The White House is brushing off concerns that the 79-year-old president's age could affect his reelection bid as "fallacious" and not worth listening to. Asked Monday whether President Biden could handle another presidential campaign, press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told CNN , "That is not a question that we...
Laura Dern: At the Time, Age
May 23, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Laura Dern: At the Time, Age Gap in
But she and Sam Neill say the 20-year difference felt odd in retrospect
- Everyone who watched
in the '90s knows that scientists Ellie Sattler and Alan Grant fall for each other. Decades later, the actors who portrayed those characters—Laura Dern and Sam Neill—tell the
that their 20-year age gap in real life felt fine at the...
Age of the Moon
Jul 14, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Researchers Revise Age of the Moon
Study takes 85M years off its age
- It's not such a huge change in the cosmic scheme of things, but researchers say the moon is millions of years younger than we thought. Specifically, a new model laid out in
pegs its creation at 4.425 billion years ago instead of the generally accepted figure...
a 'Progressive Move'
Mar 3, 2020 7:43 AM CST
Makes a 'Progressive Move'
Clare Crawley, newest star of ABC reality show, will be oldest yet at age 38
- The 16th season of ABC's
kicks off May 18, and with its latest star comes a "big shift," per the
: a leading lady who's approaching 40. Clare Crawley was announced Monday as the new Bachelorette on
Good Morning America
, and at age...
Castro Defends His
Exchange With Biden
Sep 13, 2019 12:34 PM CDT
Castro Defends His Exchange With Biden
It was 'not a personal attack,' he says, though others disagree
- The Democratic candidates for president took each other on during a debate in Houston Thursday night, clashing on everything from war to health care, but what the
calls a "fiesty exchange" on the latter went down between two contenders in particular. Julian Castro and Joe Biden were going...
Jun 7, 2019 6:15 AM CDT
Madonna Is Seriously Displeased With
'It makes me feel raped'
- In her
New York Times
profile on Madonna, Vanessa Grigoriadis quotes the singer as saying she "felt raped" by the early leak of songs from her last album, commenting "it didn't feel right to explain that women these days were trying not to use that word metaphorically....
2 Hours After This Baby
Was Born, She Turned 2
Apr 12, 2019 12:39 PM CDT
2 Hours After This Baby Was Born, She Turned 2
Because of South Korea's ancient tradition on calculating ages
- Just two hours after Lee Dong Kil's daughter was born on New Year's Eve, the clock struck midnight, 2019 was ushered in, and the infant became 2 years old. She wasn't alone, though it happened for her quicker than most: Every baby born in South Korea last...
Court Rules Man
Can't Be 49 Again
Dec 3, 2018 9:45 AM CST
Court Rules Man Can't Be 49 Again
The Netherlands' Emile Ratelband is 69, wanted to be legally recognized as 49
- Nice try, Emile Ratelband. A Dutch court has ruled that the 69-year-old must remain 69, rejecting his request to be officially recognized as 49, reports the AP . The motivational speaker's legal gambit drew international attention, but the court in Arnhem wasn't having it. "Mr. Ratelband is at...
Human Age Can Be Revealed
Through Sinus X-Rays
Jun 6, 2017 9:15 AM CDT
Human Age Can Be Revealed Through Sinus X-Rays
Could help forensic scientists working with 'incomplete remains'
- When scientists are working with only partial remains, it can be very difficult to determine age. Now forensic anthropologists say they've found a way to help approximate age in children: noninvasive X-rays of the skull's frontal sinus region. Reporting in the journal
, they say that's...
River Just Aged
Millions of Years
Mar 22, 2017 12:49 PM CDT
The Amazon River Just Aged Millions of Years
Scientists say waterway is closer to 9M years old, not the mere 1M they thought
- Looks like the Amazon River may be able to cash in on some senior discounts after all. A new study carried out by scientists from the University of Amsterdam and Brazil's University of Brasilia, published in the
Global and Planetary Change
journal, upends previous speculation of how old the...
Is Likely to
Die in Office
Aug 26, 2016 12:00 PM CDT
Challenger Says John McCain Is Likely to Die in Office
Kelli Ward calls the senator 'old' and 'weak'
- In a morbid and unusually direct line of attack, John McCain's Republican primary opponent in Arizona says the senator probably won't live to see the end of his six-year term if reelected. “I’m a doctor. The life expectancy of the American male is not 86. It’...
to Have Kids
Apr 14, 2016 12:21 PM CDT
Good News for Moms Who Wait to Have Kids
Study: Children of older moms are healthier, taller
- Women who wait until 35 or later to have kids face a higher risk of problems, everything from miscarriage to diabetes to chromosomal problems with the newborn. But as Medical Today notes, that hasn't kept the average age of first pregnancies from creeping steadily up. Now, however, Swedish researchers...
Nepal Wants to Keep Old, Young, Disabled Off Everest
Sep 29, 2015 9:09 AM CDT
Nepal Wants to Keep Old, Young, Disabled Off Everest
And ensure qualified mountaineers are able to climb such tall peaks
- Mount Everest finally reopened last month after the deadly April earthquake , but Nepal wants to limit who is allowed to climb the peak. Officials there say they want a ban that would keep the very young, elderly, disabled, and inexperienced off the world's tallest mountain for safety and to...
How Old Is
Odds Are It's
Older Than You
Sep 2, 2015 7:53 AM CDT
How Old Is Your Heart? Odds Are It's Older Than You
Half of Americans have hearts that are at least 5 years older than their age
- With one-third of Americans obese, the US now ranks 30th in the world for life expectancy, the
New York Times
noted earlier this year. So it may not come as a surprise that roughly half of Americans have hearts that are at least five years older than their actual age....
to Die Younger
Aug 5, 2015 10:30 AM CDT
Young Dads More Likely to Die Younger
A large study in Finland finds it's riskiest for men to have kids by age 22
- The younger men are when they become fathers, the more likely they are to die by their 40s or 50s, according to a large new study out of Finland. Researchers say they've seen this link before, but wanted to test it using brothers who share similar DNA to better...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
$100M Botticelli Found in Home
Her Body Was Found by Rock Climbers 26 Years Ago
Prosecutors: Inmate Stabbed Chauvin 22 Times
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.