Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
One Word Used
10 Times in
Feb 23, 2021 8:49 AM CST
One Word Used 10 Times in Thomas Dissent Raises Eyebrows
Supreme Court justice regurgitated baseless voter-fraud claims in election case out of Pennsylvania
- While it may not have been a complete surprise that Clarence Thomas dissented from his more liberal colleagues in a Supreme Court election case on Monday, what is causing some head whips is his apparently firm support for former President Trump's debunked claims of election fraud. The case the...
Now 2 States Are Pursuing
Criminal Cases Against Trump
Feb 10, 2021 10:45 AM CST
Now 2 States Are Pursuing Criminal Cases Against Trump
Georgia reportedly joins New York
- Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and others reportedly got a letter from Fulton County prosecutors on Wednesday that made clear the state has started a criminal investigation into former President Trump, sources tell the
New York Times
and NBC News . The letter from Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis...
Siblings of 2
Call for Removal
Jan 21, 2021 1:00 PM CST
Siblings of 2 Congressmen Call for Removal From Office
Ariz. Reps. Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar face family's blame for Capitol riot
- Critics of lawmakers who backed President Trump's election challenges want them removed from office, and those critics sometimes include their own relatives. Two of Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs' four siblings are calling for the Republican's removal in a letter to the editor at the
. William Biggs...
After Twitter Dumped Trump,
a Big Drop in Misinformation
Jan 18, 2021 8:01 AM CST
After Twitter Dumped Trump, a Big Drop in Misinformation
Researchers say taking president off platform made significant dent in the spread of false claims
- If you're wondering what effect "deplatforming"—ie, taking away someone's megaphone, especially online—has on the spread of misinformation, a recent ban is seeing some interesting results. The
reports that, per analytics firm Zignal Labs, false claims about election fraud plummeted 73% across multiple...
Trump's Georgia Phone Call
Was Legally Murky: Experts
Jan 4, 2021 6:55 AM CST
Trump's Georgia Phone Call Was Legally Murky: Experts
But almost certainly won't be prosecuted, they say
- When the
published its scoop on President Trump's leaked phone call with Georgia's secretary of state , the newspaper noted the POTUS may have been skating on thin ice, legally speaking, with his attempts to get Brad Raffensperger on board with overturning Joe Biden's win in...
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump
Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Dec 23, 2020 8:33 AM CST
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Eric Coomer says he's had to go into hiding due to conspiracy theories about election 'rigging'
- A high-ranking employee for a company that provided election equipment and software in 28 states has been subjected to harassment and death threats so alarming that he was forced to go into hiding a week after the election. Now, Eric Coomer says he wants his life back, and he's...
New Statements by Outgoing
Barr Won't Please Trump
Dec 21, 2020 11:00 AM CST
New Statements by Outgoing Barr Won't Please Trump
Attorney general says no need for special counsels on election fraud or Hunter Biden
- William Barr's last day as attorney general is Wednesday, and he's going out in a way that surely won't please President Trump. In a news conference Monday, Barr said he saw no reason to appoint a special counsel to investigate claims of election fraud or the business...
Fox Airs Election Talk
After Legal Threat
Dec 20, 2020 5:42 PM CST
Fox Airs Election Talk After Legal Threat
Smartmatic sent scathing notice to 3 conservative news outlets
- What a difference legal action can make. Fox News hosts who have allowed election-fraud conspiracies to air on their programs just aired a segment debunking some of those very claims, CNN reports. Lou Dobbs, Jeanine Pirro, and Maria Bartiromo played the segment this weekend after Smartmatic, a voting technology company,...
Trump Pushes Back On
'Martial Law' Election Redo
Dec 20, 2020 9:15 AM CST
Trump Pushes Back On 'Martial Law' Election Redo
President rebutted a New York Times report
- President Trump has taken to Twitter to push back on a
New York Times
report that outlined an Oval Office meeting where someone reportedly floated the idea of an election redo, this time under the supervision of the US military, per
. "Martial law = Fake News. Just...
They Bet on a Trump Win.
Now They Want Their Money
Dec 18, 2020 12:33 PM CST
They Bet on a Trump Win. Now They Want Their Money
Gamblers threaten legal action against betting sites, saying race shouldn't have been called for Biden
- President Trump continues to push his claims of election fraud, and last week, he tried to support that narrative with a tweet tied to gambling, per Casino.org . "At 10:00 P.M. on Election Evening, we were at 97% win with the so-called 'bookies,'" he...
Big Donor on Election Fraud
Suits Wants His Money Back
Nov 29, 2020 10:55 AM CST
Big Donor on Election Fraud Suits Wants His Money Back
Fred Eshelman sues, saying True the Vote made 'empty promises'
- Fred Eshelman kicked in $2.5 million to support lawsuits claiming fraud in the presidential election. The North Carolina investor regularly asked True the Vote, which said it was pressing the lawsuits on behalf of President Trump's cause, for progress reports. The group had detailed a plan that included...
Sorry for Falsely
Nov 16, 2020 3:33 AM CST
Tucker Carlson Sorry for Falsely Claiming Dead Man Voted
It was actually the man's wife, who is still alive, Fox News host admits
- Make no mistake: Tucker Carlson still believes that a lot of ballots belonging to dead voters were cast in the 2020 election. But for at least one dead voter, the Fox News host admitted he got it wrong. "We've got some good news tonight, and an apology. One...
Sources: USPS Worker
Admits Making Up
Election Fraud Allegations
Nov 11, 2020 1:08 AM CST
Sources: USPS Worker Admits Making Up Election Fraud Allegations
But he denies that in his own update on the case
- The United States Postal Service worker who claimed a postmaster in Erie, Pa., told employees to backdate ballots that were mailed after Election Day has admitted he made up the allegations, sources tell the
. The claim, which has been cited by top Republicans including Lindsey Graham as evidence...
Barr's Memo to Prosecutors on
Election Fraud Is Controversial
Nov 10, 2020 6:52 AM CST
Barr's Memo to Prosecutors on Election Fraud Is Controversial
He tells DOJ to go ahead and probe election fraud claims
- Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the US to pursue “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they exist, before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite no evidence of widespread fraud. Barr’s action comes days after Joe Biden defeated President Trump and raises the prospect...
Trump: To Test
Try to Vote Twice
Sep 3, 2020 1:43 AM CDT
Trump: To Test Absentee System, Try to Vote Twice
President was asked about North Carolina's absentee system
- When asked by North Carolina news station WECT whether he was confident in the state's absentee voting system, President Trump on Wednesday appeared to suggest that, in order to test said system, voters should attempt to vote twice and see how it goes. His answer:
Facebook's Election Plans
Include False Claim of Victory
Aug 21, 2020 5:30 PM CDT
Facebook's Election Plans Include False Claim of Victory
Scenarios include president claiming election interference means he won a second term
- Facebook is working on contingency plans to deal with a potential threat to American democracy from one of its most famous symbols: the White House. Chief executive Mark Zuckerberg and top aides are meeting daily to decide what to do if President Trump loses the November election and then tries—...
Mail Carrier Admits to Fudging
Absentee Ballot Requests
Jul 10, 2020 10:33 AM CDT
Mail Carrier Admits to Fudging Absentee Ballot Requests
USPS contractor in W. Va. pleads guilty, confesses to switching voter party affiliations
- To boost mail-in voting amid the pandemic for the June 9 primary in West Virginia, absentee ballot applications were sent to all registered voters. At least eight of those ballot requests ended up with unwelcome changes, all at the hands of a mail carrier who now says he was just...
Florida Voters Were Registered
Falsely as Republicans: Charges
Mar 8, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Florida Voters Were Registered Falsely as Republicans: Charges
Woman faces 10 felony counts
- A woman in Florida faces charges after officials said she registered voters as Republicans without their consent. Cheryl Hall was working for Florida First, the
New York Times
reports. The group is bankrolled by an organization that backs President Trump, America First Policies. Hall was charged Thursday with 10 felony...
Do-Over of House Election
Won't Include Mark Harris
Feb 26, 2019 4:16 PM CST
Do-Over of House Election Won't Include Mark Harris
Republican drops out after ballot fraud allegations
- North Carolina's redo of a congressional election won't include the apparent winner of the first go-round. Republican Mark Harris posted Tuesday on Facebook that he isn't running again, KAIT reports, citing surgery scheduled for next month. His campaign had been accused of ballot fraud in the November...
Not So Fast
on That 'Stolen
Nov 23, 2016 1:19 PM CST
Not So Fast on That 'Stolen Election' Report
Vox analysis thinks evidence is weak
- A post at the Daily Intelligencer on Tuesday gave fresh hope to depressed Democrats who are hoping for some way, any way, to prevent a Donald Trump presidency. The article noted that a group of "prominent computer scientists and election lawyers" (including J. Alex Halderman, director of the University...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Boomers Throw a Wrench Into Housing Market
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
Here's Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year for 2023
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.