Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
New Hampshire primary
Stories 1 - 20 |
DeSantis' Threat to Slit
Throats Draws Response
Aug 3, 2023 6:10 PM CDT
DeSantis' Threat to Slit Throats Draws Response
Federal workers union calls statement in New Hampshire 'disgusting, disgraceful'
- New Hampshire has brought out the tough talker in Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis—or maybe it's his rapid decline in the polls . Since he began campaigning there this summer, the Republican presidential candidate's rhetoric has become more violent, New Hampshire Public Radio reports. He's told voters there...
Fire Destroys Iconic NH Barn
May 11, 2021 9:35 AM CDT
Fire Destroys Iconic NH Barn
Cause of blaze at Scamman Farm in Stratham under investigation
- A fire destroyed a barn at a New Hampshire farm that's been the backdrop for political events for Republican presidents and candidates through the years. The fire burned down a barn at the Scamman Farm in Stratham, reports the AP , a little after 10:30pm on Monday. Fire crews...
Key Takeaways From the
New Hampshire Primary
Feb 12, 2020 6:15 AM CST
Key Takeaways From the New Hampshire Primary
'Stunning' collapse for Warren, Biden
- As pollsters predicted, Bernie Sanders has won the New Hampshire primary for the second time in a row, giving him the first clear win of the primary season after the chaos in Iowa last week. But while Sanders' win may have been expected, the other New Hampshire results have shaken...
Trump Scores Record Win
in New Hampshire
Feb 12, 2020 1:06 AM CST
Trump Scores Record Win in New Hampshire
Vote total higher than any previous incumbent
- There were no surprises in the Republican primary in New Hampshire on Tuesday as President Trump cruised to victory by a wide margin over challenger Bill Weld. With almost 90% of precincts in, Trump had 85.7% of the vote, Weld had 9.1%, and assorted write-in candidates had 2....
Bernie Sanders Takes
Feb 11, 2020 10:44 PM CST
Bernie Sanders Takes New Hampshire
Buttigieg was in second and Klobuchar third, while Warren and Biden were well back
- Bernie Sanders has won the New Hampshire primary, reports the AP , Politico , CNN , and the
. The final tally isn't yet in, but it appears Pete Buttigieg will finish in a close second and Amy Klobuchar a strong third. Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden trailed that trio by...
Democratic Field Shrinks
by 2 After NH Votes
Feb 11, 2020 7:45 PM CST
Democratic Field Shrinks by 2 After NH Votes
Andrew Yang, Michael Bennet are out
- The final results in New Hampshire are not in, but two candidates have seen enough: Tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang and Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet have dropped out of the 2020 race, reports Politico and the
Yang was headed toward a sixth-place finish at best. “I am a
As New Hampshire Votes,
One Question Is Key
Feb 11, 2020 2:00 PM CST
As New Hampshire Votes, One Question Is Key
Who finishes third?
- New Hampshire is voting in the first primary of the 2020 season (and the traditional small-town midnight results are in ). Going into the night, the most important question may be who finishes in third place, writes Domenico Montanaro at NPR . Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg are expected to claim...
Democrats Hope for
Reset in New Hampshire
Feb 11, 2020 7:34 AM CST
Democrats Hope for Reset in New Hampshire
Bernie Sanders pulls ahead in polls
- Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, and Pete Buttigieg have all topped the polls in New Hampshire at various points over the last few months—but Bernie Sanders has pulled away in the home stretch, according to CNN . A tracking poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center from Feb....
Storied NH Town Has
Picked Its Candidate
Feb 11, 2020 6:53 AM CST
Storied NH Town Has Picked Its Candidate
Dixville Notch gives 3 votes to Bloomberg, 1 each to Buttigieg and Sanders
- Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has won the votes of a tiny New Hampshire community that barely hung onto its tradition of being among the first to cast ballots in the presidential primary. Dixville Notch's five residents cast their ballots just after the stroke of midnight Tuesday...
Trump Urges NH Supporters
to Vote for 'Weakest' Democrat
Feb 11, 2020 3:34 AM CST
Trump Urges NH Supporters to Vote for 'Weakest' Democrat
'They can't even run a caucus in Iowa'
- After tweeting that he wanted to "shake up the Dems a little bit," President Trump spoke to thousands of supporters at a rally in New Hampshire on the eve of the state's primaries. Senate Republicans "voted to reject the outrageous partisan impeachment hoax and to issue...
Biden Follows Debate Attacks
With Ad Mocking Buttigieg
Feb 9, 2020 11:30 AM CST
Biden Follows Debate Attacks With Ad Mocking Buttigieg
Former mayor agrees he's no Obama in answering former vice president
- Pete Buttigieg took his share of shots from his Democratic presidential rivals in their debate Friday night , and that wasn't the end of it. A new online campaign ad for Joe Biden mockingly contrasts his experience in working to pass the Affordable Care Act and cut the Iran nuclear...
Dixville Notch Keeps Its Place
at the Front of the Voting Line
Jan 10, 2020 4:25 PM CST
Dixville Notch Keeps Its Place at the Front of the Voting Line
New Hampshire town preserves midnight balloting by adding a resident
- Every four years, the nation's attention shifts briefly to Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. The town has opened the doors of its polling place at a tick after midnight for presidential primaries and general elections for almost 60 years. That tradition was at risk but has been spared, NECN reports....
NH Paper: We
Mar 1, 2016 10:08 AM CST
NH Paper: We Were
Wrong About Christie
His endorsement of Trump earns paper's 'unendorsement'
- "Boy, were we wrong." So starts an "unendorsement" from publisher Joseph W. McQuaid in Monday's
New Hampshire Union Leader
. The paper endorsed Chris Christie in the state primary back in November, with McQuaid touting him as "a solid, pro-life conservative" who "tells it like...
Winner in NH:
Feb 11, 2016 12:25 PM CST
The Backseat Winner in NH: Bloomberg
His 'itch' to run reportedly increased with Clinton's poor showing
- The New Hampshire primary may have boosted the prospects of a politician who wasn't even on the ballot: Michael Bloomberg. Stories about a possible run have been circulating for a while, and the victories by Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have only ramped up speculation. Bloomberg is "itching...
Both NH Victories Were Huge
Feb 10, 2016 3:16 AM CST
Both NH Victories Were Huge
Sanders' primary win made history in more than one way
- Highlighting just how unusual this election has become, the New Hampshire primary was not only won by two anti-establishment outsiders , it was won by two outsiders who crushed the opposition by huge, possibly record-breaking margins. With Donald Trump almost 20 points ahead with around 90% of results in, his victory...
Went Straight to
NH Polling Station
Feb 10, 2016 12:05 AM CST
Escaped Pig Went Straight to NH Polling Station
Cops had to corral 600-pound would-be voter
- Talk of politicians lining up at the Washington trough must have sounded pretty good to this would-be voter: A 600-pound pig was found outside a New Hampshire polling station after escaping from a nearby farm, the
reports. Construction worker Matthew Reiter tells the
that he was...
Trump: 'You Are
Going to Be So Happy'
Feb 9, 2016 11:21 PM CST
Trump: 'You Are Going to Be So Happy'
Rubio admits debate wasn't his finest moment
- Donald Trump won the first electoral victory of his life Tuesday night and he promised supporters there would be many more to come. "We are going to start winning again and we are going to win so much," he said at his victory party in New Hampshire, per...
Clean Up in NH
Feb 9, 2016 9:26 PM CST
Trump, Sanders Clean Up in NH
Cruz and Bush in tight race for third place
- No late surprises in the New Hampshire top spots Tuesday night: Both the AP and CNN called the winners as soon as the polls closed at 8pm Eastern, with Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump triumphing easily. The bigger questions will be who finishes in the secondary spots in the GOP—...
He's No. 2:
It's a Big Night
for John Kasich
Feb 9, 2016 8:42 PM CST
He's No. 2: It's a Big Night for John Kasich
He will finish second in New Hampshire
- Donald Trump may have cruised to an easy win in New Hampshire, but the night is proving to be a huge boon for John Kasich as well. The Ohio governor will finish in second place, reports ABC News , giving his once-flagging campaign a potentially life-saving boost. He was the top-searched...
In NH, a Vote
Feb 9, 2016 7:02 AM CST
In NH, a Vote Against Trump Could Actually Help Trump
Primary has potential to shake up race
- The nation's first primary has begun —and the only thing that appears certain is that New Hampshire will deliver different winners than the Iowa caucuses did. Some factors to watch out for in the state's 100th primary:
Bernie Sanders looks like a sure thing, according to the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.