Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
I Don't Want
My Kids to See
Sep 10, 2023 3:05 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper: I Don't Want My Kids to See My Sadness
CNN host dives deep into his personal losses and grief in interview with 'New York Times'
- If anyone understands grief, it's Anderson Cooper. The 56-year-old CNN anchor lost his father, Wyatt, when he was 10 to a heart attack, then his older brother, Carter, to suicide when they were both in their 20s. His mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, died in 2019 at the age of 95....
CNN Makes a Big Overhaul
Aug 14, 2023 11:15 AM CDT
CNN Makes a Big Overhaul
Lineup changes mean weeknights are mostly run by women; Amanpour, Wallace head to weekends
- CNN is making dramatic changes to its lineup, announcing Monday that it's giving Abby Phillip and Laura Coates new weeknight shows and launching new weekend programs with Christiane Amanpour and Chris Wallace. Virtually no part of the day goes unchanged in the revamp, the AP reports, as the network...
2 Polar Opposites Defend
CNN's Town Hall With Trump
May 12, 2023 9:05 AM CDT
2 Polar Opposites Defend CNN's Town Hall With Trump
Trump himself says network 'did the right thing'; CNN's Anderson Cooper takes heat for his defense
- Criticism on CNN's contentious town hall with former President Trump continues to bubble up , including frustration from inside CNN and backlash against CEO Chris Licht, who has come out in defense of how Wednesday night's broadcast went. Trump himself is now praising the network, telling Fox News...
Jan 2, 2023 8:41 AM CST
: 'Silence Is Betrayal'
Prince sits down with Anderson Cooper for interview to air Sunday
- Now that the
Harry & Meghan
Netflix documentary has been aired , Prince Harry has a new project to promote:
, his upcoming memoir, set to be released next week. In advance of that, the 38-year-old father of two sat down recently with Anderson Cooper for an interview to be aired...
Feb 11, 2022 1:23 AM CST
Anderson Cooper Makes Surprise Baby Announcement
His second son, Sebastian, is here
- Anderson Cooper's family is growing. The CNN anchor on Thursday night surprised viewers by announcing the birth of his second baby, Sebastian Luke Maisani-Cooper. Cooper's ex, Benjamin Maisani, who remains his "best friend," is raising Sebastian and his older brother, Wyatt, alongside Cooper, and is currently...
Live Message to
Bill de Blasio:
Jan 1, 2022 6:00 AM CST
Andy Cohen's Live Message to Bill de Blasio: 'Sayonara, Sucker!'
TV personality went on live NYE rant about outgoing NYC mayor during CNN broadcast
- Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper did tequila shots while toasting Betty White during their New Year's Eve broadcast on CNN, but the liquor may have gone a bit to Cohen's head. Minutes after the ball dropped in Times Square, ushering in 2022, Eric Adams was sworn in as...
Anderson Cooper's Mother
Lobbied to Be His Surrogate
Sep 25, 2021 5:20 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper's Mother Lobbied to Be His Surrogate
Picturing the tabloid headlines, the CNN anchor declined Gloria Vanderbilt's offer
- Anderson Cooper interviews people for a living, and he says he's used to keeping a straight face when they say crazy things. Plus, he points out, "I grew up with Gloria Vanderbilt." But Vanderbilt threw her son for a loop with an idea she had when she...
Aug 19, 2020 6:54 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Takes the MyPillow Guy to Task
They feud over Mike Lindell's hawking of an unproven coronavirus cure
- Anderson Cooper is not too happy with the MyPillow creator. The CNN host had Mike Lindell on his show Tuesday night to discuss Lindell's unproven claim that oleander extract treats COVID-19—a claim the Trump supporter reportedly has shared with the president,
reports. "You have no...
on New Baby:
I'll Be 'Dad,' My
Ex Will Be 'Papa'
May 13, 2020 7:50 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper on New Baby: I'll Be 'Dad,' My Ex Will Be 'Papa'
CNN host explains to Howard Stern why former BF Benjamin Maisani is helping him raise little Wyatt
- Wyatt Morgan Cooper's most famous dad is Anderson Cooper, but he's got a second one who will help raise him as well. Per Page Six , the CNN anchor dished about his new son Tuesday on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show, and he told Stern that ex-boyfriend Benjamin...
Is a Dad
May 1, 2020 5:30 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Is a Dad
CNN anchor announces birth of his son, Wyatt Morgan Cooper
- Anderson Cooper is a father, a milestone the CNN anchor says for a while he didn't believe would ever happen. Cooper announced the birth of his son, Wyatt, Thursday evening on his show and in a lengthy Instagram post . His son was born on Monday via a surrogate, the...
Anderson Cooper Says 'He
Wrote a Note,' Almost Loses It
Apr 25, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper Says 'He Wrote a Note,' Almost Loses It
The CNN anchor talks to Katie Coelho, whose husband died from the coronavirus
- Anderson Cooper was nearly overcome by emotion Friday while interviewing a woman whose 32-year-old husband died of the coronavirus and left a heart-wrenching note,
reports. "It's very surreal," Katie Coelho told the CNN host about her husband, Jonathan. "I keep thinking in my head, there’...
Cooper, Blagojevich Faced Off
Friday Night. It Wasn't Pretty
Feb 22, 2020 8:30 AM CST
Cooper, Blagojevich Faced Off Friday Night. It Wasn't Pretty
CNN anchor rips ex-Ill. governor over comparisons to Mandela, claims of 'corrupt prosecutors'
- Rod Blagojevich, whose 14-year prison sentence was cut short after eight years by President Trump this week, says he's "profoundly grateful" to Trump for doing so. One person who doesn't seem to share that sentiment: CNN's Anderson Cooper, who took the 63-year-old former Illinois governor to...
Alan Dershowitz Grilled
on New View of Impeachment
Jan 21, 2020 7:03 AM CST
Alan Dershowitz Grilled on New View of Impeachment
Trump attorney says he is 'far more correct now than I was then,' referring to 1998 view of Clinton
- Trump attorney Alan Dershowitz went on CNN Monday night and got into a memorable exchange with Anderson Cooper and Jeffrey Toobin over how his view of impeachment has changed since the days of Bill Clinton. Background and highlights:
“It certainly doesn’t have to be a crime,”
One of Vanderbilt's Sons
Said to Get Bulk of Her Fortune
Jul 2, 2019 12:41 PM CDT
One of Vanderbilt's Sons Said to Get Bulk of Her Fortune
She is survived by 3 sons
- Gloria Vanderbilt is survived by three sons. And the
New York Post
reports one of them is getting nearly everything she had. According to a will filed Monday in Manhattan surrogate court, Anderson Cooper will inherit the bulk of her estate. Her eldest son, Leopold "Stan" Stokowski, will get...
She Was Already Famous.
Then Came an Idea for Jeans
Jun 17, 2019 2:10 PM CDT
She Was Already Famous. Then Came an Idea for Jeans
Gloria Vanderbilt's snug line made her a household name in the 1970s
- Gloria Vanderbilt, an heiress who went on to have her own remarkable success in multiple fields, is dead at age 95 . One common denominator about the obituaries cataloging her life is that they need a lot of room, given that she had been making headlines since she was a child...
Anderson Cooper Reveals
Death of His Famous Mother
Jun 17, 2019 9:42 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Reveals Death of His Famous Mother
Fashion icon Gloria Vanderbilt was 95
- Gloria Vanderbilt, the intrepid heiress, artist, and romantic who began her extraordinary life as the "poor little rich girl" of the Great Depression, survived family tragedy and multiple marriages, and reigned during the 1970s and '80s as a designer jeans pioneer, died Monday at the age of 95....
May 26, 2019 8:23 AM CDT
Cooper Isn't Buying Facebook's Answers on Pelosi Video
After 2016 campaign, site promised to police disinformation
- "Facebook has repeatedly told Congress and the American people that you’re serious about fighting disinformation and fake news," Anderson Cooper reminded a Facebook executive Friday in a CNN interview about an altered video that appeared to show House Speaker Nancy Pelosi drunk . "Yet this doctored video...
Who Will Be
to Die on
Apr 12, 2019 1:42 PM CDT
Who Will Be 2,340th Person to Die on
Final season of hit HBO show premieres Sunday, and fan theories are flying
- When Ned Stark was offed in the very first season of
Game of Thrones
, fans were shocked that the show would kill off, via decapitation, what was then perceived to be the main character. The reaction of Sean Bean, who played Stark, to his premature demise? "It was a...
on Trump Cause a Ruckus
Jan 7, 2019 2:12 PM CST
Ocasio-Cortez's Comments on Trump Cause a Ruckus
Congresswoman says there's 'no question' president is a racist
- The highest-profile member of the new Congress continues to make headlines, the latest coming in a Sunday interview with Anderson Cooper on
. In the interview, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez embraces the description of herself as a "radical" on issues including the environment and income inequality, but much of the...
Calls Out Trump Jr.
for 'Idiotic' Tweet
Sep 18, 2018 7:11 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Calls Out Trump Jr. for 'Idiotic' Tweet
CNN host says president's son spread conspiracy theory about his hurricane coverage
- Anderson Cooper is taking exception to criticism of his hurricane coverage and took 10 minutes of his show Monday to call out the most prominent of those accusing him of "fake news," the
reports. "I rarely respond to online conspiracy theorists," Cooper noted on
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.