Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
Cops: Bank Teller Robs Man
Who Made Big Withdrawal
Nov 15, 2019 1:15 PM CST
Cops: Bank Teller Robs Man Who Made Big Withdrawal
19-year-old faces slew of charges in Maryland
- It's usually the bank teller that gets robbed. Not so in a case out of Maryland, where police say a teller who told them he was "tired of working two jobs" invaded the home of a customer who'd withdrawn several thousand dollars, reports the
That Cardi B
Is a Gang
Sep 20, 2019 12:56 PM CDT
Rapper Testifies That Cardi B Is a Gang Member
Tekashi69 says Cardi B is a Blood
- Cardi B, a gang member? A rapper said so Thursday in federal court and sparked a flurry of reactions from the media and Cardi B herself. Rapper Tekashi69, real name Daniel Hernandez, brought it up when testifying about two members of the Brooklyn gang Nine Trey Bloods who allegedly kidnapped...
'Robbery, Hate, Homicide':
4 Killed in Calif. Stabbings
Aug 8, 2019 2:54 AM CDT
'Robbery, Hate, Homicide': 4 Killed in Calif. Stabbings
'This guy was full of anger,' police say
- A man killed four people and wounded two in a string of robberies and stabbings in California's Orange County before he was arrested, police said Wednesday. The 33-year-old Garden Grove man was taken into custody after he came out of a 7-Eleven store and dropped a knife and a...
'Flash Mob' Robs
$30K Worth of Goods
Jul 6, 2019 11:15 AM CDT
'Flash Mob' Robs $30K Worth of Goods
And so far, they've gotten away with it
- It was all over in less than 30 seconds. Police say a "flash mob" of ten people ransacked a North Face store in Wisconsin on Monday and took roughly $30,000 in merchandise, ABC News reports. "Ten black males entered the store and each grabbed as much merchandise...
Rather Than Surrender, He
Jumped Off Brooklyn Bridge
May 27, 2019 8:23 AM CDT
Rather Than Surrender, He Jumped Off Brooklyn Bridge
42-year-old suspected thief died within hours
- Pursued by police, a suspected thief reportedly yelled "I'm not going back to jail!" then took a fatal plunge off the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday. Police responded to a carjacking in Brooklyn's Dumbo neighborhood around 9:45pm, finding a man behind the wheel of a car...
Crooks Ruin Their Robbery
in Most Ridiculous Way
Apr 28, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
Crooks Ruin Their Robbery in Most Ridiculous Way
Seems one of three Houston robbers made an unexpected call
- Note to burglars: Try to avoid butt-dialing 911 during your getaway. But that's apparently what three crooks did Sunday after hitting a Best Buy near Houston, ABC News reports. Officers were en route to the Sugar Land store when dispatch received a 911 call that transmitted only background noise....
Cardi B Explains
Video About Her
Mar 27, 2019 10:25 AM CDT
Cardi B Explains Video About Her Drugging, Robbing Men
Rapper had initially tried to brush off controversy
- Cardi B is trying to clarify herself after a video resurfaced online where the rapper said she drugged and robbed men for money, the AP reports. The Grammy winner posted a statement Tuesday on Instagram and Twitter that says she had "very limited options" and needed to do anything...
She Handed Over
the Cash. Then
Saw Her Balance
in case you missed it
Mar 23, 2019 2:25 PM CDT
She Handed Over the Cash. Then Robbery Suspect Saw Her Balance
Man accused of robbing woman at ATM in China apparently had change of heart
- It's not clear if this story should be filed under "weird crimes" or "uplifting news." The surveillance cameras tell the tale of the person now being dubbed "the world's kindest crook," with the footage coming out of Heyuan in China's Guangdong province....
Bellagio Heist Goes South,
Suspect Is Shot
Mar 16, 2019 8:40 AM CDT
Bellagio Heist Goes South, Suspect Is Shot
Vegas police officer also injured but has already been treated and released from hospital
- "I'm in the poker room and we've been locked in for an hour, not even bathroom, no joke!" That was just one of the tweets that allegedly emerged from inside the Bellagio casino and hotel during an attempted heist in Las Vegas Friday night. Las Vegas...
They Went Out to Report on a
Story. Then a Car Pulled Up
Feb 25, 2019 8:43 AM CST
They Went Out to Report on a Story. Then a Car Pulled Up
San Francisco news crew robbed, security guard shot
- A scary scene unfolded for a KPIX 5 news crew on Sunday, ending in a robbery and the shooting of their security guard. Per CBS News and CBS San Francisco , reporter Joe Vazquez and cameraman John Anglin were in Oakland to cover the teachers strike there, and as they geared...
Judge Has No
by Cop Online
Jan 11, 2019 12:07 PM CST
Judge Has No Sympathy for Inmate Tricked by Cop Online
Gang member was done in by evidence he shared with a 'friend'
- A California appeals court refused to grant freedom to a convicted gang robber Thursday, deciding it was his mistake to allow an undercover cop access to his social media account. Chaz Pride—part of a group who robbed a man of an iPad, gold watches, a gold chain, and $2,...
Guy Tries to Rob
Female MMA Fighter.
It Does Not Go Well
Jan 8, 2019 8:48 AM CST
Guy Tries to Rob Female MMA Fighter. It Does Not Go Well
MMA fighter Polyana Viana wasn't about to give up her cellphone
- What's worse than running into a karate dojo while trying to abduct someone? Trying to rob an MMA fighter is right up there. "#badf---ingidea" is how UFC President Dana White framed it, posting on Instagram a picture of 26-year-old Brazilian mixed martial arts fighter Polyana Viana next to...
Police Chase Ends in River,
With Toddler Among the Dead
Jan 3, 2019 12:50 AM CST
Police Chase Ends in River, With Toddler Among the Dead
Her pregnant mom also died in Milwaukee chase
- A toddler, her young mother, and a man died when their vehicle drove into a frigid river while being chased by police in Milwaukee. Surveillance video shows the vehicle speeding and the driver losing control before the SUV crashed into the Kinnickinnic River on Monday night, the AP reports. It'...
Intruder Meets Match in
Boy Meets World
Oct 31, 2018 9:04 AM CDT
Intruder Meets Match in
Boy Meets World
William Daniels, 91, who played Mr. Feeny on hit sitcom, scared off would-be burglar at Calif. home
- An elderly alum of
Boy Meets World
foiled an intruder Saturday night, illuminating the suspect both literally and (hopefully) metaphorically.
reports that William Daniels, 91, who played Mr. Feeny on the hit sitcom, was at the San Fernando Valley, Calif., home he shares with his wife, 89-year-old actress...
Store Owner Tells Robbers to
Come Back Later. They Did
Oct 24, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Store Owner Tells Robbers to Come Back Later. They Did
Belgian buffoons came back twice; the second time, the cops were there
- They're either the world's most accommodating criminals, the greediest, the most optimistic, or the dumbest—or maybe all of the above. The BBC reports on 15 tense minutes Saturday for a Belgian e-cigarette shop owner, identified simply as Didier, when a half-dozen wannabe armed robbers showed up midafternoon...
Couple Were Killed
Over Their Cars
Oct 3, 2018 8:26 AM CDT
Police Believe Couple Were Killed Over Their Cars
Police believe Brandy and Joseph Allen went to investigate a noise, came upon robbers
- Brandy and Joseph Allen's two teen children weren't home with them Saturday night: The couple had gone fishing to celebrate a wedding anniversary, and the 14- and 18-year-olds stayed elsewhere. It may have saved their lives. The Missouri couple was found shot dead Sunday, in what police believe...
Burglar Takes GPS Monitor
Along for 10 Crimes
Sep 10, 2018 5:30 PM CDT
Burglar Takes GPS Monitor Along for 10 Crimes
Cops allege the ankle bracelet to Taiheem McKay's arrest
- Cops say an accused New York serial burglar was caught thanks to the GPS ankle monitor he took along with him to the scenes of the crimes. Per News 12 , cops on Long Island have arrested Taiheem McKay for allegedly robbing 10 homes in the town of Riverhead over the...
Cops: Bank Teller's Signal
Led to Violent Robbery Attempt
Aug 23, 2018 2:27 PM CDT
Cops: Bank Teller's Signal Led to Violent Robbery Attempt
Houston police say woman alerted accomplices who tried to steal $75K withdrawal
- A woman withdrew $75,000 in cash from a Houston bank minutes before she was brutally attacked at her family's gas station, where she runs a check-cashing business. It was no coincidence, according to police, who say a 25-year-old Wallis State Bank employee was involved. Police allege Shelby Taylor...
Cops: Carjacker Foiled Twice
by Drivers With Guns
Jun 14, 2018 12:15 PM CDT
Cops: Carjacker Foiled Twice by Drivers With Guns
That was after the first vehicle he tried to steal failed to start, say police
- Florida's Christopher Raymond Hill had a really rough Friday. First, the 36-year-old tried to flee a Jacksonville Walmart with a stolen cash register only to find the SUV he'd jumped into wouldn't start, police say. Seeing another option, he allegedly used a knife in an attempted carjacking,...
Police: Woman Starts Scam
by Accusing Men of Abuse
Jun 9, 2018 3:30 PM CDT
Police: Woman Starts Scam by Accusing Men of Abuse
Sunmee Kim, 44, apparently had a good scam going
- California police arrested a woman Thursday who allegedly accused men of domestic violence in order to rob their homes when they were arrested, the
Mountain View Voice
reports. Police say Sunmee Kim, 44, filed charges against a man she called her fiance, claiming he had attacked her at their home...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
'Unapproved' Schools Illustrate an Education Trend
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.