Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Will Smith Reacts
to Jada's Memoir
Oct 16, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Will Smith Reacts to Jada's Memoir
'If I had read this book 30 years ago, I definitely would have hugged you more'
- So how does Will Smith feel about Jada Pinkett Smith's upcoming memoir , which reveals the couple secretly separated in 2016 ? That's just one of the book's reveals—it also delves into struggles in Pinkett Smith's past, including her challenges as a teen in Baltimore, her...
Spoke to Me
Right After Slap
Oct 13, 2023 12:20 PM CDT
Jada: Chris Rock Spoke to Me Right After Slap
He told her he 'meant no harm' immediately after the infamous Oscars moment
- Jada Pinkett Smith says Chris Rock apologized to her in the moments after husband Will Smith famously slapped the comedian during the Oscars. As TV viewers were being shown Oscar clips after the slap, Rock leaned over the stage to talk to her, reports NBC News . "Chris looks to...
No One Saw
Oct 11, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
No One Saw This Jada Pinkett Smith Reveal Coming
Actor tells Hoda Kotb she and husband Will Smith separated in 2016, live 'completely separate lives'
- Jada Pinkett Smith will be filling TV screens this Friday the 13th when her interview with Hoda Kotb airs on NBC News. However, an early reveal from that chat is now circulating, with the 52-year-old actor and talk show host confirming to Kotb "that there's more to her...
Source Close to
Jada Pinkett Smith
Says Chris Rock
Mar 7, 2023 2:26 AM CST
Source Close to Jada Pinkett Smith Says Chris Rock Is 'Obsessed'
Source says actress 'had no part' in this whole thing
- A source close to Jada Pinkett Smith is responding to Chris Rock's controversial Netflix special , in which the comedian addresses the infamous moment at last year's Academy Awards ceremony when Will Smith took to the stage to hit host Rock for his mockery of Smith's wife. Rock...
Richard Williams: 'It's Time for
Everyone to Forgive' Will Smith
Mar 6, 2023 5:05 PM CST
Richard Williams: 'It's Time for Everyone to Forgive' Will Smith
The same night he slapped Chris Rock, the actor won an Oscar for playing tennis stars' father
- Richard Williams, who was played by Will Smith in a film, says he stands by the embattled actor. Smith was banned from the Oscars for 10 years after slapping host Chris Rock onstage at last year's Academy Awards; the actor apologized the next day. "I think he has...
'Has a Problem
Mar 6, 2023 9:06 AM CST
Chris Rock 'Has a Problem With Black Women'
Candace McDuffie at the Root is among those weighing in on Rock's slams of Jada Pinkett Smith
- Now that Chris Rock has finally let loose about getting slapped at the Oscars last year, the reviews are settling in. Most take note of how Rock not only went after Will Smith in his live-streamed Netflix special, but his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. That hasn't sat well with...
Back Into the
Mar 5, 2023 7:48 AM CST
Chris Rock Brings Jada Back Into the Conversation
Comedian weighs in on Oscars slap in new special
- Chris Rock didn't devote his whole live-streamed show Saturday night to the infamous Oscars slap , but he spoke about the incident more than he has previously. Both Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith ended up as targets in the Netflix show. Some of the lines, via the AP...
Chris Rock Gets Ready
to Discuss 'The Slap'
Feb 28, 2023 6:23 AM CST
Chris Rock Gets Ready to Discuss 'The Slap'
Comedian will do so in a live Netflix special on Saturday night
- Ever since Will Smith slapped Chris Rock during the Oscars last year, Rock has held off on talking about it in front of a wide public audience. That changes in a big way this weekend, when Rock's Saturday night show in Baltimore will be live-streamed on Netflix, per the...
After Slap, Oscars Team
'Prepared for Anything'
Feb 23, 2023 10:00 AM CST
After Slap, Oscars Team 'Prepared for Anything'
Crisis response team has 'run many scenarios,' has plans in place, says Academy CEO Bill Kramer
- It was the slap heard round the world —and it's still reverberating. In an effort to avoid another Will Smith-Chris Rock fiasco at the March 12 Oscars, a crisis team will be in place and "prepared for anything," Bill Kramer, CEO of the Academy of Motion...
Only Dude Not Watching the
Super Bowl on Plane Goes Viral
Feb 15, 2023 11:43 AM CST
Only Dude Not Watching the Super Bowl on Plane Goes Viral
Probably because he was watching 'Hitch'
- Picture it: It's Super Bowl Sunday! Only instead of inhaling your entire 2023 allotment of bad party food while yelling at a big screen, you're stuck on an airplane with just plain bad food and a tiny screen (no yelling allowed—the FAA is sensitive about these things)....
Serena Weighs In on Oscars
Slap on Dad's Big Night
Feb 2, 2023 3:48 PM CST
Serena Weighs In on Oscars Slap on Dad's Big Night
The controversy overshadowed 'King Richard,' but she suggests it's time to forgive Will Smith
- Serena Williams has a stronger connection than most to Will Smith's infamous slap of Chris Rock at the Oscars—she was in the audience that night because Smith played her father in the movie
. In an interview with
on Thursday, the tennis great suggested it'...
Will Smith Gives
Night' at Oscars
Nov 29, 2022 6:54 AM CST
Will Smith Gives First Interview on 'Horrific Night' at Oscars
Actor talks about 'the slap' with Trevor Noah: 'I just, I lost it'
- Chris Rock hasn't spoken much, other than a few jokes , on "the slap" —the moment at the Oscars ceremony earlier this year when Will Smith attacked the comedian. Smith, however, is now speaking more openly about it, in his first interview about what he describes as a...
Will Smith Is Generating
New Oscars Buzz
Oct 4, 2022 8:36 AM CDT
Will Smith Is Generating New Oscars Buzz
Actor could be a nominee in Academy he's banned from for 10 years after Chris Rock controversy
- Will Smith was banned from the Oscars for 10 years for slapping Chris Rock at this year's ceremony, but that doesn't mean he can't win another Academy Award. Smith, who picked up the Best Actor award for his role in
following the infamous slap, is...
Responding to One Controversy,
Chris Rock Creates Another
Aug 30, 2022 6:23 AM CDT
Responding to One Controversy, Chris Rock Creates Another
Comedian references Will Smith slap with joke about Nicole Brown Simpson, which didn't go well
- Chris Rock won't be back to host the Oscars next year, at least according to his own telling, and yes, it appears to be linked to "the slap." The 57-year-old comedian performed Sunday night at Phoenix's Arizona Financial Theatre, which is where he informed the crowd...
Chris Rock Not Ready to Talk,
but He's Slipping in Little Digs
Jul 30, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Chris Rock Not Ready to Talk, but He's Slipping in Little Digs
Comedian starting to make references to the infamous slap at his shows
- In an apology video released Friday, Will Smith said he was told that Chris Rock still isn't ready to talk to him. But Rock has increasingly been referencing the Oscars slap in jokes. Hours after Smith's video was released, Rock appeared in Atlanta as part of his "...
Will Smith Apologizes
to Rock—and Rock's Mother
Jul 29, 2022 11:12 AM CDT
Will Smith Apologizes to Rock—and Rock's Mother
Actor discusses the Oscars slap in new video
- Will Smith is offering his most detailed apology yet over his infamous slap of Chris Rock four months ago at the Oscars. In a newly released video , the actor apologizes not only to Rock, but to Rock's family and to his own, report
. Some key lines:...
Will Smith Picks Up
Another Major Award
Jun 27, 2022 1:04 PM CDT
Will Smith Picks Up Another Major Award
BET honors him as best actor for 'King Richard' role
- Will Smith has remained among the seldom seen since t he slap incident in March, but his name is still spoken at award ceremonies, most recently at Sunday’s BET Awards. Smith won best actor for his lead role in the sports drama
which also won best movie,...
Pinkett Smith Finally
Shares Her Thoughts
on Oscars Slap
Jun 1, 2022 7:35 PM CDT
Pinkett Smith Finally Shares Her Thoughts on Oscars Slap
Will Smith, Chris Rock, need to 'talk this out and reconcile,' she says
- After more than two months, Jada Pinkett Smith has shared her thoughts on her husband slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars . In the Wednesday episode of her Red Table Talk Facebook series, Pinkett Smith didn't apologize for Will Smith's behavior, but said both men need to talk, TMZ...
Before 'The Slap,' Will Smith
Envisioned His 'Life Destroyed'
May 24, 2022 12:05 PM CDT
Before 'The Slap,' Will Smith Envisioned His 'Life Destroyed'
He tells David Letterman of hallucinogenic vision
- Well before his infamous Oscars slap , Will Smith recorded an interview with David Letterman for the latter's
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction
series. Now that it's airing on Netflix, some of the actor's comments are getting a little extra attention.
Smith told Letterman he had
Kevin Hart: Beating of Chappelle
Attacker 'Needed to Happen'
May 6, 2022 11:43 AM CDT
Kevin Hart: Beating of Chappelle Attacker 'Needed to Happen'
Howard Stern, on the other hand, sees hypocrisy in how things were handled
- Video footage showed people punching and kicking the man who rushed Dave Chappelle on stage at the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday. Photos also showed the suspect with a very clearly broken arm . "It's one of those things that needed to happen, though," Kevin Hart told guest host...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Henry Kissinger Dies at 100
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.