Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
FBI Agent Axed Over Trump
Texts Says He'd Testify
Jun 18, 2018 4:35 PM CDT
FBI Agent Axed Over Trump Texts Says He'd Testify
Donald Trump was not thrilled with Peter Strzok's announcement
- The FBI agent who was nixed from the Mueller probe team over texts that disparaged President Trump says he's willing to testify about his side of the story. Per the AP , a lawyer for Peter Strzok told House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte in a letter Sunday that his...
Trump: Americans Should
'Sit Up in Attention' for Me
Jun 15, 2018 9:28 AM CDT
Trump: Americans Should 'Sit Up in Attention' for Me
He later said he was being sarcastic about remark made during impromptu Fox interview
- President Trump had a busy morning Friday on Twitter , taking credit for bringing the World Cup to the US, boasting about the jobs numbers, and diving into the Justice Department's IG report , railing on FBI agent Peter Strzok and former FBI Director James Comey . It was another tweet, however,...
Clinton Has 3-Word Response
to Inspector General's Report
Jun 15, 2018 6:54 AM CDT
Clinton Has 3-Word Response to Inspector General's Report
'But my emails'
- Hillary Clinton managed to deliver a humorous—and biting—response to a startling revelation in the Justice Department watchdog's report on James Comey's handling of her email controversy in 2016. "But my emails," she tweeted in response to the finding that Comey had used a personal...
FBI Agent: 'We'll Stop'
Jun 14, 2018 3:30 PM CDT
FBI Agent: 'We'll Stop' Trump's Election
The inspector general found the agent was willing to intervene in election
- An FBI investigator who worked on probes into Hillary Clinton's emails and into Russian interference in the 2016 election told an FBI lawyer "we'll stop" Donald Trump from becoming president. Per the AP , the new inflammatory texts between Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page are...
Watchdog: Comey Handled
Clinton Email Mess Poorly
Jun 14, 2018 11:08 AM CDT
Watchdog: Comey Handled Clinton Email Mess Poorly
But the report says the former FBI chief wasn't motivated by political bias
- A much-anticipated report by the Justice Department's inspector general says James Comey mishandled the Hillary Clinton email controversy in the waning days of the 2016 election, reports Bloomberg . However, the report by Michael Horowitz may disappoint supporters of President Trump by concluding that the former FBI chief wasn't...
for Trump Leaked
May 1, 2018 6:56 AM CDT
Mueller's Questions for Trump Leaked
Special counsel has dozens of things to ask president
- President Trump is not happy about a story involving three of his least favorite things: the Robert Mueller investigation, leakers, and the
New York Times
. Trump denounced the "Russian Witch Hunt" early Tuesday after the
reported on a leaked list of around four dozen questions that Mueller wants...
Trump Tweets on Comey:
'Very Sick or Very Dumb'
Apr 27, 2018 7:29 AM CDT
Trump Tweets on Comey: 'Very Sick or Very Dumb'
President also makes bold proclamation Friday: 'KOREAN WAR TO END!'
- As Kim Jong Un and Moon Jae-in jump-started their "new history" together, President Trump took to Twitter to confidently crow about what Politico deems the "historic" moment currently taking place in South Korea. "KOREAN WAR TO END!" he proclaimed , noting that the summit between the North...
Comey Investigated Over
Possible Classified Breach
Apr 20, 2018 4:43 PM CDT
Comey Investigated Over Possible Classified Breach
Justice Department looking into the memos he gave to friend
- When James Comey gave four memos to a friend detailing his interactions with President Trump, he took pains to make sure they contained no classified information, the former FBI chief told Congress last year. However, the Justice Department is now investigating whether he was wrong about that, reports the
Trump Wanted to
Go After Reporters
Apr 20, 2018 6:46 AM CDT
Comey Memos: Trump Wanted to Go After Reporters
President said Putin spoke of 'beautiful hookers,' Comey wrote
- Former FBI chief James Comey's long-anticipated memos on his private meetings with President Trump were released to Congress on Thursday after House Republicans seeking to clear the president of obstruction of justice allegations threatened to subpoena the documents. Comey has said he kept a detailed record of his conversations...
Trump's New Lawyer
in Russia Probe
Is a Familiar Face
Apr 19, 2018 5:13 PM CDT
Trump's New Lawyer in Russia Probe Is a Familiar Face
Rudy Giuliani is joining, plus more of the latest developments related to Russia, Trump
- Rudy Giuliani is joining President Trump's legal team with an eye on ending special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe. "I’m doing it because I hope we can negotiate an end to this for the good of the country and because I have high regard for the...
Trump's Latest Tweet on
Comey Shifts the Story
Apr 18, 2018 11:37 AM CDT
Trump's Latest Tweet on Comey Shifts the Story
Says Comey wasn't fired over FBI's Russia investigation, despite referencing it in May
- A Wednesday morning tweet by President Trump is being branded a contradiction. "Slippery James Comey, the worst FBI Director in history, was not fired because of the phony Russia investigation where, by the way, there was NO COLLUSION (except by the Dems)!" the president tweeted . As CNN and...
James Comey: I'm
Not Mocking Trump
Apr 17, 2018 1:23 PM CDT
James Comey: I'm Not Mocking Trump
Former FBI chief taking criticism for his personal shots at the president's appearance
- It may seem like James Comey's book already has been out forever given all the media attention, but Tuesday is actually the official release date of
A Higher Loyalty
. Publisher Macmillan is expecting a blockbuster, having ordered a whopping 850,000 copies for the first run, reports CNN . No...
In First Interview, Comey
Explains Why Trump Is 'Unfit'
Apr 16, 2018 4:44 AM CDT
In First Interview, Comey Explains Why Trump Is 'Unfit'
He says Russians might be able to blackmail president
- In an ABC interview certain to draw some angry tweets from President Trump, former FBI director James Comey slammed the president as "morally unfit" to lead. In the interview with George Stephanopoulos, which aired Sunday night, Comey reiterated much of what he says in upcoming memoir
A Higher Loyalty
You're About to See a Lot
of James Comey
Apr 15, 2018 3:30 PM CDT
You're About to See a Lot of James Comey
The fired former FBI director's media blitz kicks off Sunday
- The media blitz along with James Comey's book release is about to begin and America is going to see a whole lot of the fired former FBI director. Comey is doing a string of interviews to push
A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
, which he wrote after he...
Trump Again Rails on Comey:
'Slippery,' 'WORST, ''Slimeball!'
Apr 15, 2018 8:59 AM CDT
Trump Again Rails on Comey: 'Slippery,' 'WORST, ''Slimeball!'
President is off to the Twitter races, says of 'Mission Accomplished,' you should 'use often!'
- President Trump spent Sunday morning writing something of a book of his own via Twitter, reports the AP , largely in response to former FBI Director James Comey's tome . In a rapid series of tweets, an irate-sounding president again slammed the "Slimeball!" for "making decisions based on...
Trump: 'Slime Ball' Comey
'Should Be Prosecuted'
Apr 13, 2018 8:57 AM CDT
Trump: 'Slime Ball' Comey 'Should Be Prosecuted'
Guess he didn't like mention of the size of his hands
- President Trump slammed James Comey as a "weak and untruthful slime ball" Friday as unflattering details from the former FBI director's soon-to-be-released memoir continue to trickle out. "It was my great honor to fire James Comey!" who is "a proven LEAKER & LIAR" and "...
Comey Memoir: Trump Fixated
on Lewd Dossier Allegation
Apr 13, 2018 6:21 AM CDT
Comey Memoir: Trump Fixated on Lewd Dossier Allegation
President asked FBI chief to clear it up to ease Melania's mind
- After he reads James Comey's memoir, President Trump might wish he was still director of the FBI—so he could fire him all over again. In
A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership,
which will be released next week, Comey slams Trump as "unethical and untethered to truth,...
James Comey Is Going on a
Media Blitz. RNC Has a Plan
Apr 12, 2018 4:52 PM CDT
James Comey Is Going on a Media Blitz. RNC Has a Plan
Comey has a book coming out, but the RNC is taking aim at him
- James Comey has a book coming out and an accompanying "media blitz" starting Sunday—and the Republican National Committee, in turn, has its own plan to discredit the fired former FBI director, according to CNN and ABC News , which have obtained copies of talking points the RNC prepared to...
A Month From Release,
Comey Book Hits No. 1
Mar 19, 2018 8:21 AM CDT
A Month From Release, Comey Book Hits No. 1
Pre-orders push it to the top of Amazon's best-seller list
- President Trump's criticism of James Comey may be having an unintended benefit for the latter: The former FBI chief's book shot to the No. 1 spot on Amazon's best-seller list this weekend, reports the
. That's all the more remarkable given that the book,
Former CIA Director to Trump:
'America Will Triumph Over You'
Mar 17, 2018 4:21 PM CDT
Former CIA Director to Trump: 'America Will Triumph Over You'
John Brennan calls out Trump for firing FBI deputy director
- The onetime FBI deputy director long scorned by President Trump and just fired by the attorney general kept personal memos describing interactions with the president that are similar to the notes compiled by dismissed FBI chief James Comey. The AP learned of the notes by Andrew McCabe from a person...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Dr Pepper's Tuition Toss Was a Lot More Exciting Than Usual
'Unapproved' Schools Illustrate an Education Trend
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.