Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Judge in Gaga
Oct 3, 2023 7:47 AM CDT
Judge in Gaga Case: Amended Suit 'Makes No Sense'
Ruling decides singer doesn't have to pay $500,000 reward to woman who returned her dogs
- In July, a Los Angeles judge dismissed the breach-of-contract complaint of a woman who claimed she was due a $500,000 reward for returning Lady Gaga's two dogs, stolen at gunpoint from the singer's dog walker in LA in February 2021. That woman, Jennifer McBride, now 53, whom...
Judge Rejects Attempt to Claim
Lady Gaga's Dog Reward
Jul 12, 2023 5:40 PM CDT
Judge Rejects Attempt to Claim Lady Gaga's Dog Reward
Woman linked to 2021 theft of singer's pets wanted $500K reward plus $1M damages
- Lady Gaga doesn't have to pay a reward to a woman who was charged in connection with the violent theft of two of her dogs in 2021, a Los Angeles judge has decided. Jennifer McBride, who was sentenced to two years of probation last year for receiving stolen property,...
After 'Hateful Act'
Involving Young Seal
Jun 8, 2023 12:30 PM CDT
Reward Offered After 'Hateful Act' Involving Young Seal
Endangered Hawaiian monk seal Malama was found dead of blunt-force trauma on Oahu
- An endangered Hawaiian monk seal rescued as a severely malnourished pup was released back into the wild and subsequently killed by a human, officials say. The female juvenile known as Malama, officially dubbed RQ76, was found dead on Oahu's Ohikilolo Beach on March 12, just two months after her...
Have Info on the 'Doodler'?
Reward Just Got Even Bigger
Jan 26, 2023 6:09 AM CST
Have Info on the 'Doodler'? Reward Just Got Even Bigger
Police in San Francisco up the pot to $250K, release new sketch in search for '70s serial killer
- Last year, police upped the reward in their search for the "Doodler," a serial killer from the '70s who went after gay men. Now, they've increased the pot even more, this time from $200,000 to $250,000, and released a new sketch of the suspect,...
Dallas Zoo 'Heartbroken' Over
Latest Suspicious Incident
Jan 24, 2023 6:26 AM CST
Dallas Zoo 'Heartbroken' Over Latest Suspicious Incident
Endangered vulture found dead just days after enclosures slashed around 2 other habitats
- Police and Dallas Zoo officials haven't yet solved the mystery of who cut through the fencing of a clouded leopard enclosure, as well as the fencing around a monkey habitat. Now, a more tragic and equally suspicious development: A rare, endangered bird of prey has died, in what the...
Teen's Final Act: Pushing
Sister Out of Harm's Way
Oct 21, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Teen's Final Act: Pushing Sister Out of Harm's Way
'He's my hero,' mom says of 13-year-old Tyler Phillips of Long Island, NY
- The family of a Long Island teen who was killed during a hit-and-run earlier this month is lauding his final act: saving his sister. NBC New York reports that on Oct. 12, the day after he turned 13, Tyler Phillips of Medford, NY, and his sister Krystal Randolph, also 13,...
Man Accused of
Stealing Lady Gaga's
Dogs Arrested, Again
Aug 4, 2022 1:12 AM CDT
Man Accused of Stealing Lady Gaga's Dogs Arrested, Again
James Howard Jackson, 19, was mistakenly released from custody in April
The man charged with stealing Lady Gaga's dogs and shooting her dog walker has been recaptured after he was accidentally released from custody in April. Authorities blamed a clerical error for the release of James Howard Jackson while awaiting trial. He was re-arrested Wednesday, the AP reports.
Subway Shooting Suspect
Indicted on 2 Counts
May 7, 2022 5:20 PM CDT
Subway Shooting Suspect Indicted on 2 Counts
Each could bring a sentence of life in prison for Frank James
: The man being held in the shooting attack on a New York City subway train last month that wounded 10 people has been indicted. A federal grand jury charged Frank James on Friday with committing a terrorist attack or other violence against a mass transportation system and discharging a...
$20K Reward Offered for Those
Who Drowned Stranded Dolphin
May 6, 2022 10:13 AM CDT
$20K Reward Offered for Those Who Drowned Stranded Dolphin
Texas beachgoers accused of harassing animal, leading to its death
- A reward of up to $20,000 is up for grabs in exchange for information leading to the identification, arrest, or conviction of Texas beachgoers accused of harassing and ultimately drowning a stranded dolphin. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced the reward following the April 10 episode at Quintana...
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 26, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
'People Should Not Drive Teslas Over My House'
Tesla police name TikTok star as person of interest in car stunt
The LAPD may have their man. Police have named TikTok star Dominykas Zeglaitis as a "person of interest" in a Tesla stunt that resulted in what they consider to be a hit-and-run crash, reports
. One big reason: Zeglaitis (@dominykas) has been claiming credit for the airborne...
Reward Grows to $250K
for Missing 4-Year-Old
Feb 21, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Reward Grows to $250K for Missing 4-Year-Old
Lina Khil was last seen on a San Antonio playground on Dec. 20
The search for a young girl who went missing from a Texas playground in December goes on. KSAT reports the reward in the case has been increased to $250,000, thanks to offerings from the local Crime Stoppers and the Islamic Center of San Antonio. Lina, who turned 4...
FBI Warns of
'Route 91 Bandit':
'We Need to Put
a Stop to This'
Feb 14, 2022 7:00 AM CST
FBI Warns of 'Route 91 Bandit': 'We Need to Put a Stop to This'
$10K reward for perp who's hit nearly a dozen banks along New England interstate
- His disguise is no more elaborate than a coronavirus-preventing face mask (usually not worn properly, hanging underneath his nose), but the man dubbed the "Route 91 Bandit" has still managed to pull off nearly a dozen bank robberies throughout New England over the past several months. Now, the FBI...
This Crocodile Got Its
Brave but Good Samaritan
Feb 8, 2022 4:22 PM CST
This Crocodile Got Its Brave but Good Samaritan
Reptile stuck in tire since 2016 is freed
A crocodile that has been cursed with a tire around its neck since 2016 is finally free, thanks to a 34-year-old Indonesian man named Tili. He used chicken bait and nylon ropes to wrangle the animal on Monday with the help of dozens of locals who helped cut the...
Sweet End for Plumber Who
Found Cash in Megachurch Wall
Dec 8, 2021 11:55 AM CST
Sweet End for Plumber Who Found Cash in Megachurch Wall
He'll walk away $20K richer
The plumber who stumbled on cash and checks inside a megachurch wall will walk away from the experience a little richer. While police haven't disclosed the amount that was found, evidence suggests it is connected to theft of $600,000 from Lakewood Church in 2014, reports NBC News...
'It Was Her Happiest
Moment.' Then She
Was Gunned Down
Jul 1, 2021 8:53 AM CDT
'It Was Her Happiest Moment.' Then She Was Gunned Down
Michelle Cummings had traveled to Annapolis, Md., to see son's Naval Academy induction
- Michelle Cummings had traveled from Texas to Maryland to watch her son, a football prospect, be inducted into the US Naval Academy. "It was her happiest moment," a friend tells KTRK . It was also one of her last. The Houston mom was shot and killed when a shooting...
Jun 2, 2021 8:07 AM CDT
Tupelo Says Somebody Stole 'Elvis'
Lettering spelling out iconic singer's name stolen off sign at entrance to his Miss. birthplace museum
- "Elvis" has left the street sign. The Elvis Presley Birthplace , a historic museum site commemorating the King of Rock and Roll in Tupelo, Miss., made a troublesome find over Memorial Day weekend: Someone ripped the lettering for the first word of the "Elvis Presley" signature off the brick...
'Deputies Down': Big Reward
Offered in LA Shooting
Sep 14, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
'Deputies Down': Big Reward Offered in LA Shooting
2 Los Angeles County officers are expected to survive; reporter arrested during protests
- The search continues for the gunman who shot two Los Angeles County deputies at close range over the weekend, and authorities hope a new incentive will help. The county sheriff's department has announced a $100,000 reward, reports NBC News . Surveillance video shows that the gunman walked up to...
Neighbors Say She Went for
a Bike Ride, Didn't Come Back
May 14, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Neighbors Say She Went for a Bike Ride, Didn't Come Back
Suzanne Morphew's husband offers $100K reward after she vanished on Mother's Day
- A Colorado mom of two reportedly set off on a bike ride on Mother's Day and has been gone since, and now there's a $100,000 reward in the case. Per CBS Denver , the husband of 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew is offering the cash for information on her disappearance...
FBI: $5M for
San Diego Man
Terror in Africa
Dec 3, 2019 7:11 AM CST
FBI: $5M for San Diego Man Now Supporting Terror in Africa
A new indictment, and a re-upped reward, for 37-year-old US citizen Jehad Serwan Mostafa
- Jehad Serwan Mostafa is worth quite a bit to the FBI—up to $5 million, in fact. That's how much the agency is offering for information leading to the arrest of the 37-year-old US citizen, who appears on its "Most Wanted Terrorist List," CNN reports. A new...
Beware: Someone Is
'Hunting' Cats in California
Apr 11, 2019 12:40 PM CDT
Beware: Someone Is 'Hunting' Cats in California
$10K reward seeks to end the abuse in Oakland
- There's a new $10,000 reward for information on Oakland's serial shooter … of cats. Friends of Oakland Animal Services announced the reward this week after four male cats were found shot by pellet guns in a 2-mile radius of the Lower Dimond neighborhood over five weeks, reports...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Tuberville Makes Surprise Reversal on Military Holds
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.