Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Suit: She Fell Off
Disney Ride as
She Later Died
Jan 21, 2023 8:30 AM CST
Suit: She Fell Off Disney Ride as Workers Laughed. She Later Died
Family of disabled woman says she broke leg on Disneyland's Jungle Cruise, eventually died of infection
- A lawsuit claims Disneyland employees snickered at a disabled woman struggling to get off a Jungle Cruise boat before she fell and broke a leg, leading to her death from an infection five months later, per the AP . The lawsuit was filed in federal court in November by the family...
Man Jumps to His Death
at Disneyland Garage
Dec 5, 2022 1:44 AM CST
Man Jumps to His Death at Disneyland Garage
Police say he jumped from parking garage, hadn't entered theme park
- Police say a man jumped to his death from a parking garage at Disneyland on Saturday. A witness called police to report the incident just before 9pm, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. The man, who was in his 50s, reportedly jumped from the seven-story Mickey & Friends parking structure and...
in case you missed it
Nov 27, 2022 7:19 AM CST
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
But first, Chris Provost cracked a skeleton code with help from Sherlock Holmes
- Chris Provost is an expert on Disneyland, with a YouTube channel filled with tips and tricks for uncovering the park's secrets . But even some secrets come as a surprise to this Disney fan. In a video , Provost says one of his 164,000 subscribers gave him a hint that...
At Disney, No More 'Fairy
Godmothers in Training'
Jul 22, 2022 3:35 PM CDT
At Disney, No More 'Fairy Godmothers in Training'
Theme parks will use the gender-neutral 'apprentice'
- Employees who help transform children through the magic of makeup and costumes into Disney characters at the company's theme parks will have a new job title, in an attempt to be more inclusive. The cast members at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques will be called "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices"...
After 2-Year Ban,
on Earth Opens
Its Arms Again
Apr 19, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
After 2-Year Ban, Happiest Place on Earth Opens Its Arms Again
Hugs, character interactions make their return
- It's been more than two years since Disney characters mingled with theme park guests—rubbing noses, whispering secrets, and perhaps most importantly, offering hugs. When Disneyland reopened last April after a 14-month closure triggered by a global pandemic that made physical interaction risky, visitors could only glimpse Mickey and...
With Some Attractions Closed,
Disneyland Raises Prices
Oct 26, 2021 5:39 PM CDT
With Some Attractions Closed, Disneyland Raises Prices
Park stands to make money even if attendance briefly dips
- If you want to go to the happiest place on Earth, be prepared to spend a lot of money. And no, we aren’t talking about Finland . Disneyland introduced tiered pricing, raising the cost of a ticket on high-demand days, in 2016. And it raised prices on all five tiers...
Disneyland Faces Suit From
25K Employees Over Pay
Sep 20, 2021 6:50 PM CDT
Disneyland Faces Suit From 25K Employees Over Pay
Legal argument is tied to whether the city is subsidizing the company
- More than 25,000 Disneyland employees, many of whom say they can't get by on what they're paid, have joined a class-action lawsuit seeking a living wage. According to a 2018 study, 11% of Disneyland employees said they had experienced homelessness in the past two years, 68% said...
a Paid FastPass
Aug 19, 2021 2:37 AM CDT
Disney Replaces Free FastPass With, Essentially, a Paid FastPass
California and Florida theme parks are bringing in a new service this fall
- Disney's FastPass and MaxPass are officially things of the past, the company announced Wednesday . In their place, California's Disneyland theme park and Florida's Walt Disney World resort will be introducing a new service this fall: Disney Genie, which will be built into the existing theme park mobile...
Mask Policy Updated at
Disney World, Disneyland
Jul 29, 2021 12:36 AM CDT
Mask Policy Updated at Disney World, Disneyland
They're once again required indoors at US theme parks
- Masks are back at Walt Disney World and Disneyland—indoors, at least. As COVID-19 cases surge in Florida, the Orlando theme park will require masks on all visitors ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, when indoors or on Disney transportation. The policy takes effect Friday, WESH reports. Orange...
Disney Brings Back Fireworks,
With a Significant Change
Jul 5, 2021 2:49 AM CDT
Disney Brings Back Fireworks, With a Significant Change
No more 'ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls'
- Fireworks are back at Disney World after more than a year without the iconic nightly event, but the show is a bit different now. Rather than starting off with the familiar greeting: "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dreamers of all ages," viewers at the Florida...
Apr 30, 2021 4:50 PM CDT
Disneyland Cheerfully Reopens
Visitors make emotional return after 13-month shutdown ends
- Employees and visitors cheered each other Friday as Disneyland reopened after a 13-month pandemic shutdown. Crowds lined up before dawn, the
Los Angeles Times
reports, and some visitors were crying as they walked through the gates. "It's been a long year," one woman said. "This is...
Is a Big First
Apr 7, 2021 8:27 AM CDT
Man's 2.8K-Mile, 14-Month Run Is a Big First
Don Muchow, an Ironman with diabetes, ran from California's Disneyland to Florida's Disney World
- It was an endurance run that was supposed to take just under 100 days. It ended up taking 14 months, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, but Don Muchow's ultramarathon from California to Florida is still a big first. Per WESH , the 59-year-old Texas man is said to be the...
Disney Park Guests May Have
to Use Their Indoor Voices
Mar 17, 2021 5:14 PM CDT
Disney Park Guests May Have to Use Their Indoor Voices
Trade group advises no shouting or singing when Disneyland reopens April 30
- Disneyland and California Adventure plan to end their lockdown of more than a year on April 30. "It's been a long, long time since we've been able to create magic for our guests," said chief executive Bob Chapek, "and put our cast members back to...
Disneyland to Redo
on Jungle Cruise
Jan 26, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Disneyland to Redo Offensive Scenes on Jungle Cruise
Theme park says it will remove 'negative depictions of native people'
- The Jungle Cruise, a Disneyland staple since 1955, has regularly undergone tweaks. It's now in for a broader rethinking, the Walt Disney Co. announced Monday. The goals are to make the ride more inclusive and racially sensitive, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. That will be achieved partly by eliminating...
Disney Is Laying Off
28K Theme Park Workers
Sep 29, 2020 6:17 PM CDT
Disney Is Laying Off 28K Theme Park Workers
Company blames COVID restrictions
- Squeezed by limits on attendance at its theme parks and other restrictions due to the pandemic, The Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday it planned to lay off 28,000 workers in its parks division in California and Florida. Two-thirds of the planned layoffs involve part-time workers but they ranged from...
Ride Based on
Film It Pulled
Jun 25, 2020 5:17 PM CDT
Disney Rethinks Ride Based on Film It Pulled
Attraction's new theme will be 'the Princess and the Frog'
- Disney hasn't shown or broadcast
Song of the South
for decades, but a log flume ride based on the film has still been in operation at the company's parks. That will change, Disney said Thursday in announcing that the once-popular Splash Mountain will be transformed into something else...
Bad News for Fans
Jun 25, 2020 1:04 AM CDT
Disneyland Has Bad News for Fans
Reopening originally planned for July 17 has been delayed
- Disney is postponing the mid-July reopening of its Southern California theme parks until it receives guidelines from the state, the company announced Wednesday. Disney had hoped to reopen Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in Anaheim on July 17 after a four-month closure due to the coronavirus, the AP reports. But...
What Disney May Need to
Do Once the Parks Reopen
Apr 8, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
What Disney May Need to Do Once the Parks Reopen
Executive Chair Bob Iger says it's possible temperature checks may be done for virus
- If you've ever been to a Disney theme park, you know the rigmarole you have to go through to get past the security gates. Soon there may be an additional step: having your temperature taken. In a Tuesday interview with
, Disney Executive Chair Bob Iger, who recently...
Mar 12, 2020 9:33 PM CDT
Disney Plans Rare Closures
All Disney and Universal theme parks will close
- For just the fourth time ever, Disneyland is closing its gates. The California theme park will close Saturday morning and will be shut down for the rest of the month because of the coronavirus outbreak. Disneyland's resort hotels in Anaheim will stay open until Monday to give visitors time...
$475K Was Raised for His
Disney Trip. He's Not Going
Feb 28, 2020 7:00 AM CST
$475K Was Raised for His Disney Trip. He's Not Going
Quaden Bayles, who has dwarfism, intends to donate the funds instead
- Quaden Bayles, the subject of a viral video showing the toll of relentless bullying, won't be going to Disneyland after all. Though comedian Brad Williams launched a GoFundMe page with that goal in mind—it has since raised $475,000—the family of the Australian 9-year-old with dwarfism instead...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
Zoo Director Allegedly Cooked Zoo Animals for Party
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.