Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
On Anniversary of Death, King
Shares Unreleased Queen Pic
Sep 8, 2023 10:59 AM CDT
On Anniversary of Death, King Shares Unreleased Queen Pic
Charles III, Queen Camilla also held prayer service for Elizabeth II near Balmoral
- Friday marks one year since the death of Queen Elizabeth II , and the royal family has circulated a never-before-released portrait of the late monarch in commemoration. "We recall with great affection her long life, devoted service, and all she meant to so many of us," King Charles III...
Source: Netflix Won't Pay Out
Unless Harry, Meghan Produce
Jun 27, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Source: Netflix Won't Pay Out Unless Harry, Meghan Produce
And others are saying some not-very-nice things about the couple as well
- The bad press continues for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex following the termination of their podcast deal with Spotify . Now it's Jeremy Zimmer, chief executive of the United Talent Agency, who reportedly slammed Meghan Markle, according to a report from Semafor also cited by the
Spotify Exec Slams Harry
and Meghan: 'F--- Them'
Jun 19, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Spotify Exec Slams Harry and Meghan: 'F--- Them'
Bill Simmons calls royal couple 'grifters' after Spotify deal falls through
- The joint statement that announced Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's $20 million deal with Spotify is kaput noted the entities were "proud of the series we made together." Now, new comments from a top Spotify exec suggest things may have been a little more ... tense. "
Takes on Those
Jun 7, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Prince Harry Takes on Those Rumors About His Parentage
Calls the rumors about James Hewitt 'hurtful, mean, and cruel'
- In a witness statement released Tuesday as Prince Harry testified in London's High Court , the Duke of Sussex addressed longstanding rumors that King Charles III is not his biological father. "Numerous newspapers had reported a rumor that my biological father was James Hewitt, a man my mother had...
Harry Takes the Stand
in London: Big Moments
Jun 6, 2023 6:49 AM CDT
Harry Takes the Stand in London: Big Moments
Prince is testifying in phone hacking case against tabloids
- Prince Harry made a little history in London on Tuesday: He became the first prominent member of the royal family to testify in court in more than a century, notes the
New York Times
. Harry is on the stand testifying against a tabloid publisher, the Mirror Group, he accuses of...
US Sued Over
Prince Harry's Visa
Jun 2, 2023 8:56 AM CDT
US Sued Over Prince Harry's Visa
Heritage Foundation raises questions of special treatment given his admitted drug use
- A conservative think tank is suing the US government, saying its granting of a visa to Prince Harry reeks of special treatment. The Heritage Foundation requested the release of the Duke of Sussex's immigration records in March, arguing the granting of the visa despite the prince's admission to...
May 23, 2023 6:09 AM CDT
Harry Loses Lawsuit Over UK Security
Royal sued for the right to pay for police protection while he's in Britain, court wasn't having it
- A London judge ruled Tuesday against Prince Harry in his efforts to pay for police protection when he visits Britain, reports the AP . A High Court judge rejected the Duke of Sussex’s assertion that the British government exceeded its authority when it denied him the right to hire police...
Photo Agency Rejects 'Royal'
Demand From Harry, Meghan
May 19, 2023 6:26 AM CDT
Photo Agency Rejects 'Royal' Demand From Harry, Meghan
Backgrid says it won't hand over photographs from NYC paparazzi chase
- A celebrity photo agency says it has rejected a request from lawyers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for photos of Tuesday night's chaotic paparazzi chase in New York City. TMZ reports that the California-based Backgrid agency received a letter from the couple's lawyer demanding that it "...
Harry, Meghan Chase
Described as 'Very Chaotic'
May 18, 2023 6:25 AM CDT
Harry, Meghan Chase Described as 'Very Chaotic'
But taxi driver says he never felt like he was in danger
- While accounts differ widely on how "near catastrophic" the Tuesday night paparazzi pursuit of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was, New York City Mayor Eric Adams says photographers need to be more responsible. The mayor said Wednesday that the "reckless and irresponsible" chase through Manhattan streets was...
NYPD Weighs In on Photogs'
Pursuit of Harry, Meghan
May 17, 2023 1:44 PM CDT
NYPD Weighs In on Photogs' Pursuit of Harry, Meghan
Spokesperson describes 2-hour pursuit in NYC
- Prince Harry, wife Meghan, and her mother were involved in what a rep for the prince is calling a "near catastrophic car chase" on Tuesday night. It occurred while the couple and Doria Ragland were in New York City to attend an awards ceremony by the Ms. Foundation for...
Intruder Arrested at
Harry and Meghan's Home
May 17, 2023 9:20 AM CDT
Intruder Arrested at Harry and Meghan's Home
Police responded after 2am citizen's arrest
- An alleged stalker was arrested in the middle of the night Monday near the home of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in the latest of numerous security scares . Around 2am Monday, security staffers called police to report a man near the couple's mansion, which sits on a 5.4-acre...
At Trial, Harry
Gets an Apology
From an Old
May 10, 2023 11:25 AM CDT
At Trial, Harry Gets an Apology From an Old Nemesis
'Mirror' publisher acknowledges unlawful info-gathering at outset of trial, the first of 3
- The publisher of the
British tabloid acknowledged and apologized Wednesday for unlawfully gathering information on Prince Harry, saying at the outset of a trial over one of his phone hacking lawsuits that the prince was due "appropriate compensation." The admission of snooping for a 2004 article...
No Harry on Royal Balcony
After Charles Gets His Crown
May 6, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
No Harry on Royal Balcony After Charles Gets His Crown
Prince was in attendance for coronation ceremony, though; entire event estimated to cost up to $125M
- King Charles III can breathe a sigh of relief: The most pressure-filled part of his coronation day is over. The newly crowned 74-year-old monarch and his wife, Queen Camilla, who was also coronated Saturday at London's Westminster Abbey, headed back in their carriage afterward to Buckingham Palace, where crowds...
Trump Slams Harry, Meghan
Ahead of Coronation
May 4, 2023 9:03 AM CDT
Trump Slams Harry, Meghan Ahead of Coronation
He says Biden is also 'very disrespectful'
- With Britain preparing for its first coronation since 1953, former President Trump shared his thoughts with broadcaster GB News during his visit to Scotland this week. Trump—who is not on the guest list for the coronation of King Charles III—said "it's going to be a great...
Prince Harry Reveals
Murdoch Payout to William
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Apr 29, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
Prince Harry Reveals Murdoch Payout to William
Prince William received 'very large sum' from News Group over hacking: court documents
- Prince William received a "very large sum of money" from Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers to settle claims of phone hacking in 2020, according to court documents submitted by his brother. Prince Harry claims the British royal family entered into a secret agreement with "senior executives" at...
Palace Ends Speculation
on Harry's Coronation Plans
Apr 12, 2023 10:42 AM CDT
Palace Ends Speculation on Harry's Coronation Plans
He'll go, Meghan won't
- Prince Harry will attend the coronation of his father, King Charles III, at Westminster Abbey on May 6, Buckingham Palace said Wednesday, ending months of speculation about his presence. Harry's wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, will remain in California with the couple’s two children, Prince Archie and...
Harry: I Didn't Know About
Phone Tapping Till Years Later
Mar 29, 2023 6:23 AM CDT
Harry: I Didn't Know About Phone Tapping Till Years Later
Prince testifies in ANL trial that tabloid journalists are 'criminals'
- Prince Harry is among the celebrities testifying this week in a lawsuit accusing a tabloid publisher of phone tapping and invasion of privacy, and in a written filing of his testimony, the British royal says he didn't learn about the phone tapping until 2019, but that his legal team...
Prince Harry Makes
Surprise Court Appearance
Mar 27, 2023 12:20 PM CDT
Prince Harry Makes Surprise Court Appearance
Royal is among several celebrities suing a group of British tabloids for invasion of privacy
- Prince Harry had his day in court on Monday, appearing unexpectedly at London's High Court in his lawsuit against Associated Newspapers Limited that accuses the
publisher of phone-tapping and invasion of privacy. As CNN reports, the Duke of Sussex is among several celebrities suing ANL, including Sadie...
A Little Happy News
for Harry, Meghan
Mar 8, 2023 11:25 AM CST
A Little Happy News for Harry, Meghan
Princess Lilibet Diana has now been officially christened in Los Angeles
- The youngest child of England's Duke and Duchess of Sussex has been officially christened as Princess Lilibet Diana in, of all places, Los Angeles. "I can confirm that Princess Lilibet Diana was christened on Friday, March 3, by the Archbishop of Los Angeles, the Rev. John Taylor,"...
King Asks Harry, Meghan
to Vacate UK Property
Mar 1, 2023 4:58 PM CST
King Asks Harry, Meghan to Vacate UK Property
Queen had let the couple live in Frogmore Cottage before the move to California
- Britain's King Charles wants his house back. His son, Prince Harry, and his wife, Meghan, have been asked to vacate Frogmore Cottage, the BBC reports. Buckingham Palace issued no comment, but a spokesperson for Harry and Meghan confirmed the eviction. The late Queen Elizabeth II, Harry's grandmother, gave...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Florida Man Bitten 41 Times by Rabid Otter
Thanks to Taylor Swift, Heinz Selling 'Ketchup and Seemingly Ranch'
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.