Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Stories 1 - 20 |
Here's the No. 1 Pick
in This Year's NFL Draft
Apr 28, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Here's the No. 1 Pick in This Year's NFL Draft
Carolina Panthers take Bryce Young at No. 1 overall in NFL draft
- The Carolina Panthers believe they’ve finally found their franchise quarterback. The Panthers selected Alabama’s Bryce Young with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night, the first time the team has selected a QB with the top overall pick since Cam Newton in 2011,...
Report: Alabama Player Fled
Cops at 141mph—With a Haul
Mar 21, 2023 12:10 PM CDT
Report: Alabama Player Fled Cops at 141mph—With a Haul
Tony Mitchell, suspended from football, is charged with marijuana possession
- An Alabama freshman defensive back has admitted to fleeing from law enforcement when he put the pedal to the metal and reached speeds of 141mph last week, according to a police report. Tony Mitchell, a five-star recruit and top 150 prospect, was arrested Wednesday in Florida on a charge of...
College Player's Pre-Game
Ritual Seen as Awful Timing
Feb 26, 2023 6:09 AM CST
College Player's Pre-Game Ritual Seen as Awful Timing
Alabama's Brandon Miller undergoes a fake pat-down, even after link to fatal shooting
- Before his team's win on Saturday, star Alabama player Brandon Miller did his usual pre-game ritual: After his name was announced in the starting lineup, a teammate gave him a fake weapons pat-down. Watch it via video tweeted by WVTM sports anchor Ryan Hennessy. The problem? Last week, court...
Player Who Ferried
Gun Won't Be
Feb 23, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Police: Alabama Player Who Ferried Gun Won't Be Charged
They say there's nothing to charge Brandon Miller with
- At a preliminary hearing for the two men—one of them a former Crimson Tide basketball player— charged in the fatal shooting of a 23-year-old woman near the University of Alabama campus last month, police testified that another Alabama basketball player is linked to the murder, though not in a...
Cops: Darius Miles
Supplied Gun Used in Murder
Jan 17, 2023 4:13 PM CST
Cops: Darius Miles Supplied Gun Used in Murder
Another man allegedly fired shot that killed Jamea Jonae Harris
- A former University of Alabama basketball player didn't fire the shot that killed a young mother in Tuscaloosa early Sunday, but he supplied the gun that was used, investigators say. Darius Miles, who has been removed from the team, and Michael Lynn Davis have both been charged with capital...
After a Win 16 Years
in the Making, Fans
Toss One in River
Oct 17, 2022 1:30 AM CDT
After a Win 16 Years in the Making, Fans Steal Goalposts, Toss One in River
Tennessee is asking for donations to replace them
- The University of Tennessee enjoyed an upset football win against the University of Alabama on Saturday; it was the Tennessee Volunteers' first time beating the Alabama Crimson Tide since 2006. Needless to say, fans were excited—a bit too excited. After the win at Tennessee's Neyland Stadium, they stormed...
Was a Rout
Dec 11, 2021 9:32 PM CST
This Year's Heisman Race Was a Rout
Alabama quarterback Bryce Young wins easily
- Bryce Young didn't just meet the standard set by the star quarterbacks who preceded him at Alabama, he exceeded it. Young became the first Crimson Tide quarterback to win the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night, making Alabama the fifth school with consecutive winners of college football's most prestigious...
Is First of Its
Kind in Decades
Jan 6, 2021 12:59 AM CST
Heisman Trophy Win Is First of Its Kind in Decades
DeVonta Smith is just the 4th wide receiver ever to win
- On an Alabama team stacked with stars, DeVonta Smith emerged as the best player in college football while playing a position that rarely gets that kind of recognition. Smith became the first wide receiver to win the Heisman Trophy in 29 seasons Tuesday night, breaking the monopoly quarterbacks have had...
for Real This Time
Nov 25, 2020 10:59 AM CST
Iconic Coach Tests Positive, for Real This Time
Alabama Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban last tested positive on Oct. 14
- Alabama football is No. 1 in the country, and coach Nick Saban won't be leading his team in Saturday's annual Iron Bowl rivalry game against No. 22 Auburn. The university on Wednesday confirmed Saban has tested positive for COVID-19. The same thing happened in mid-October , but that diagnosis...
Oct 14, 2020 5:54 PM CDT
Iconic Coach Gets COVID Right Before Big Game
Alabama Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban says he's isolating at home
- Alabama coach Nick Saban and athletic director Greg Byrne have tested positive for COVID-19, three days before the second-ranked Crimson Tide is set to face No. 3 Georgia in a clash of Southeastern Conference and national powers, the AP reports. Both said their tests Wednesday morning came back positive, but...
Letter to Fans
Dec 7, 2019 7:00 AM CST
Player Who Missed Huge Kick Writes Letter to Fans
Alabama's Joseph Bulovas says no one was more disappointed than he was
- The Alabama Crimson Tide was down by three points late in the second half of Saturday's Iron Bowl, which pitted the team against rival Auburn, when Alabama's Joseph Bulovas missed a 30-yard field goal that would have tied the score. Instead, it remained 48-45 in favor of the...
Baby Trump Balloon
Has Met Its End
Nov 10, 2019 5:42 AM CST
Baby Trump Balloon Has Met Its End
Protest symbol stabbed as president gets warm welcome at Alabama-LSU game
- President Trump appears to have found his sports sweet spot after getting booed at the World Series and a mixed reception at an MMA fight : The commander in chief got a warm welcome in the Deep South at a college football game between Alabama and Louisiana State, reports CNN . Per...
We Can All Learn Something
From This Benched QB
Jan 10, 2018 9:40 AM CST
We Can All Learn Something From This Benched QB
Jalen Hurts reacts with class after epic benching in championship: columnist
- It was, as Mike Vaccaro writes in the
New York Post
, "one of the most devastating public benchings we'll ever see." He's referring to Alabama coach Nick Saban's decision to lift starting QB Jalen Hurts at halftime in the college championship and put in freshman...
Player Shouts Against Trump
Before College Football Game
Jan 9, 2018 6:27 AM CST
Player Shouts Against Trump Before College Football Game
Critics say president mangled national anthem
- President Trump was greeted with a mixture of cheers and boos when he took to the field in Atlanta before the College Football Playoff National Championship between Alabama and Georgia Monday night—and one Alabama player did more than boo. The players were kept in the locker room, as is...
The Game Went Into Overtime.
Then, an 'Unbelievable' End
Jan 9, 2018 12:10 AM CST
The Game Went Into Overtime. Then, an 'Unbelievable' End
Alabama Crimson Tide beats Georgia Bulldogs 26-23
- Tua Tagovailoa threw a 41-yard touchdown to DeVonta Smith to give No. 4 Alabama a 26-23 overtime victory against No. 3 Georgia to win the College Football Playoff national championship in Atlanta Monday night. Tagovailoa entered the game at halftime, replacing a struggling Jalen Hurts, and threw three touchdown passes,...
Alabama Win Sets Up
Jan 2, 2018 1:03 AM CST
Alabama Win Sets Up All-SEC Final
They shut down Clemson for 24-6 win
- Alabama and Georgia won their College Football Playoff semifinals on Monday and will meet in the national championship next week in Atlanta, the home of the Southeastern Conference title game. "Couldn't have scripted it better in some ways," SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said. "It will be...
College Playoff Set After
Toughest Decision Yet
Dec 3, 2017 12:00 PM CST
College Playoff Set After Toughest Decision Yet
Ohio State fans will not be happy
- Alabama is in. The Crimson Tide got the nod over Ohio State and will play Clemson in the College Football Playoff on Jan. 1 in the Sugar Bowl, per the AP . Oklahoma and Georgia will meet in the Rose Bowl on the same day. Tide or Buckeyes was the question...
With 1 Second
Jan 10, 2017 2:03 AM CST
'Let's Be Legendary:' Clemson Wins With 1 Second
Takes title in 'one of the greatest games of all time'
- Deshaun Watson took the snap, rolled right, and with one of the easiest throws he had to make all night, completed Clemson's journey to the top of college football. A frantic fourth quarter and a championship rematch between Clemson and Alabama was decided with one second left on a...
Tide Beat Clemson
for National Title
Jan 12, 2016 12:44 AM CST
Tide Beat Clemson for National Title
Bold Saban call turns game for Alabama
- Alabama needed it all to win the toughest national title game it had ever played during the Nick Saban dynasty. All of its power. All of its speed. Even one gutsy trick. Derrick Henry, OJ Howard, and Kenyan Drake hit No. 1 Clemson with long touchdowns, and Alabama outlasted the...
A Heisman Shift:
Running Back Wins It
Dec 12, 2015 8:52 PM CST
A Heisman Shift: Running Back Wins It
Alabama's Derrick Henry takes honor, busting string of QBs
- Derrick Henry has won the Heisman Trophy, becoming just the third running back to take college football's top honor in the past 16 years. The 6-foot-3, 242-pound Henry broke Herschel Walker's Southeastern Conference record with 1,986 yards rushing and matched an SEC mark with 23 touchdowns, leading...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
9-Year-Old Who Vanished While Camping Is Found Safe
Crews Cleaning Storm Debris May Have Solved a Cold Case
9-Year-Old's Parents Got Ransom Note After She Vanished
Predator Vigilante Fatally Shot in Restaurant
In Rare Move, Thomas Recuses Himself From Case
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.