Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Plea to Russians
Mar 18, 2022 12:36 AM CDT
Schwarzenegger's Plea to Russians Goes Viral
Actor records video message for a country he loves
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is back with another heartfelt video message , this time to the people of Russia—a country where Schwarzenegger is hugely popular, per the
New York Times
. Russian President Vladimir Putin even follows Schwarzenegger on Twitter, one of just 22 accounts he follows. In a more than 9-minute-long video...
Jan 22, 2022 6:00 AM CST
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Former governor is OK after 4-car crash in Brentwood that injured one
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is OK after a bad multi-vehicle crash in Brentwood on Friday that left one woman injured. Officer Drake Madison of the LAPD tells KTLA that the four-car accident took place around 4:30pm at an intersection in Brentwood, Calif. Per the police report cited by CBS Los Angeles...
A Decade Later,
Dec 29, 2021 12:37 AM CST
A Decade Later, Schwarzenegger and Shriver Finalize Divorce
Former couple was apparently in no hurry
- It was 10 and a half years ago that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver announced they were splitting, and as of Tuesday, they are, finally, officially divorced. TMZ says the "most drawn-out divorce in Hollywood history" was partially a result of a complicated property settlement agreement, and partially the...
Loses Sponsor Over
Aug 25, 2021 12:14 AM CDT
Schwarzenegger Loses Sponsor Over Anti-Masker Comments
REDCON1 didn't like 'screw your freedoms' line
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's feelings on anti-maskers have cost him a sponsor. Sports supplement brand REDCON1 announced it will be pulling out of the Arnold Classic bodybuilding competition next month,
reports. The company's founder says REDCON1 is a "patriotic pro-freedom brand" and backs "freedom of choice....
Aug 13, 2021 1:46 PM CDT
Schwarzenegger: Anti-Maskers Need History Lesson
Americans have always sacrificed, but now some are throwing 'fits' about masks
- Earlier this week, Arnold Schwarzenegger went on a rant in which he described anyone who refuses to wear a mask as a selfish "schmuck." For good measure, he added another line: "Screw your freedom." Now, in an essay at the
, the former governor acknowledges that...
Aug 12, 2021 4:35 PM CDT
Schwarzenegger Has Choice Words for Anti-Maskers
'Screw your freedom'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has been pushing vaccinations for a while now, and he sounds a little fed up with those ignoring the pleas of public health officials in regard to COVID. In an appearance on CNN , Schwarzenegger unloaded on those citing their own civil liberties, reports SF Gate .
Old Line to Get
Jan 21, 2021 8:50 AM CST
Schwarzenegger Resurrects Old Line to Get You Vaccinated
'Come with me if you want to live'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger became one of the first elderly residents of Los Angeles County to get his coronavirus vaccine on Wednesday—and he did so in typical Arnold fashion, per Politico . "Put the needle down!" he told the technician as she prepared to jab him at Dodger Stadium, referring...
Sword in Hand,
Jan 11, 2021 6:14 AM CST
Sword in Hand, Arnold Issues Moving Video
Former Calif. governor delivers emotional speech about attack on US Capitol
- While arrests continue in the aftermath of last week's deadly assault on the US Capitol, a big name is weighing in. With the California and American flags behind him and patriotic-sounding music scoring his words, Arnold Schwarzenegger posted a nearly eight-minute video of himself Sunday to deliver what CBS...
The 'Terminator' Just Got
Another Body Upgrade
Oct 24, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
The 'Terminator' Just Got Another Body Upgrade
Arnold Schwarzenegger, 73, has heart surgery to get a new aortic valve
- Even the "Terminator" gets laid up now and again.
reports that actor and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is on the mend after undergoing heart surgery in Cleveland. "Thanks to the team at the Cleveland Clinic, I have a new aortic valve to go along with my...
Weird Virus PSAs
Mar 17, 2020 10:20 AM CDT
Celebrities Are Releasing Amusing, Weird Virus PSAs
Arnold and his tiny animals, Mel and his son urge you to stay home
- Amid widespread calls to practice social distancing in an attempt to slow the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, celebrities are starting to get in on the movement. Among the video PSAs that have come out is one from Arnold Schwarzenegger, who, along with his miniature horse and his...
'You Need to Care'
Mar 16, 2020 6:35 PM CDT
Ariana Grande: 'You Need to Care' About Outbreak
Taylor Swift also asks people to stay home
- Ariana Grande didn't say "thank u," but she did say "please." The singer has admonished fans to take the pandemic seriously. A tweet Sunday included an image reading: "The 'we will be fine because we're young' mindset is putting is putting people...
the Guy Who
May 19, 2019 4:47 PM CDT
Arnie Addresses the Guy Who Attacked Him
The actor tweets after being drop-kicked
- Hey, this is Arnold Schwarzenegger—of
he's not pressing charges. The action-movie star tweeted Sunday that he won't seek legal recourse against the man who attacked him while he schmoozed with fans in Johannesburg, South Africa,
reports. "I hope this was a wake-up call, and...
Attacked in South Africa
May 18, 2019 11:35 AM CDT
Arnold Schwarzenegger Attacked in South Africa
The 'Terminator' gets drop-kicked at a public event
- New video shows actor Arnold Schwarzenegger being assaulted during a public appearance in South Africa, the AP reports. The video posted by broadcaster eNCA shows the 71-year-old standing and filming children at a sporting event in Johannesburg when a man makes a flying kick into his back. Schwarzenegger stumbles forward....
Schwarzenegger's First Words
After Heart Surgery
Mar 31, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
Schwarzenegger's First Words After Heart Surgery
'I'm back,' according to a spokesman
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing fine after emergency open-heart surgery , his spokesman says. In fact, the 70-year-old's first words upon waking Friday were, "I'm back," a riff on his famous "I'll be back" catchphrase, writes rep Daniel Ketchell. The former governor was undergoing a planned...
Mar 30, 2018 12:09 PM CDT
Schwarzenegger Recovering From Emergency Surgery: Report
TMZ says he's in stable condition
- Arnold Schwarzenegger had emergency open-heart surgery Thursday in Los Angeles, TMZ reports. Sources tell the outlet that the 70-year-old action star was at Cedars-Sinai for a catheter valve replacement. There were complications from the surgery, and doctors decided Schwarzenegger needed the emergency operation. Sources say the former California governor is...
Arnold Accuses Oil Companies
of 'Knowingly Killing' People
Mar 12, 2018 1:33 PM CDT
Arnold Accuses Oil Companies of 'Knowingly Killing' People
Schwarzenegger says he's going after Big Oil for 'first-degree murder'
- Like Big Tobacco, Big Oil has been complicit in "knowingly killing people all over the world," due to the global warming caused by fossil fuels, and they're about to be held accountable for it, per one of California's most high-profile ex-governors. Arnold Schwarzenegger recorded a live...
Linda Hamilton Announcement
Means the Gang's All Here
Sep 20, 2017 8:38 AM CDT
Linda Hamilton Announcement Means the Gang's All Here
She'll be part of the 6th installment of the Terminator films
- Brace yourself for plenty of "she'll be back" quips: Linda Hamilton will have a role in the new
flick being produced by James Cameron, who hasn't had a part in the franchise since 1991's
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
. They'll be joined by Arnold Schwarzenegger...
Now It's Arnold's
Turn to Troll
Mar 21, 2017 8:56 AM CDT
Now It's Arnold's Turn to Troll Trump's Ratings
'Wow. Now you're in the thirties?'
- President Trump took a few swings at Arnold Schwarzenegger's low
ratings, but the tables have turned. Schwarzenegger posted a video on Twitter Tuesday morning mocking Trump's low approval ratings—"you got swamped," he says. "Wow. Now you're in the thirties? "—and...
Might Be Back
... in Politics
Mar 10, 2017 12:05 AM CST
Schwarzenegger Might Be Back ... in Politics
Run would give him stage to counter Trump
- The Governator might be taking another shot at political office—even if "The Senatator" isn't much of a nickname. Republican insiders in California tell Politico that Arnold Schwarzenegger is considering running for the US Senate in 2018, when Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein will be 85 years old and...
Schwarzenegger Says He's
Mar 3, 2017 3:02 PM CST
Schwarzenegger Says He's Done With
And he's blaming President Trump
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has said "hasta la vista, baby" to
, and he's blaming the president. "With Trump being involved in the show people have a bad taste," Schwarzenegger tells
. He claims half of
viewers boycotted the show when they learned Trump...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Prosecutors Whip Out Surprise Document in Trump Org Trial
Parliament Nears Outlawing Adultery and Insulting President
Troops Seal Off Town, Looking for Gang Members
Musk's Surprise Friday Leak: 'The Twitter Files'
She Vanished From Her Home. A FedEx Driver Has Been Arrested
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.