Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Boebert's Theater Snafu Just
Got a Bit More Salacious
Sep 16, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Boebert's Theater Snafu Just Got a Bit More Salacious
New footage shows congresswoman, companion groping each other; Boebert issues apology
- After Lauren Boebert was kicked out of a Denver theater last weekend for "causing a disturbance" during a performance of
, new details are now out over exactly what kind of disturbance it was. It had already been publicized that complaints were logged over Boebert reportedly singing, vaping (which...
Show a Little
Sep 13, 2023 7:27 AM CDT
Show a Little Too Much
Republican congresswoman was escorted out of Denver performance for 'causing a disturbance'
- Saying "Beetlejuice!" three times might summon the mischievous ghost, but singing, vaping, and recording the musical about him won't do anything but get you kicked out of the performance. That's what officials with Denver Arts & Venues are accusing GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of doing during...
Best, Worst Cities to Retire
Sep 5, 2023 4:08 PM CDT
Best, Worst Cities to Retire
The Sunshine State is well represented in the top 10, while the Golden State dominates the bottom
- Those lucky enough to be looking to retire might also be looking for the best places in which to do so—and maybe save a coin or two by relocating to a new location. WalletHub notes that the average age of American retirement has stretched from 60 in 1995 to...
Denver Zoo's Tilting
Angelfish Gets a CT Scan
Sep 5, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Denver Zoo's Tilting Angelfish Gets a CT Scan
Turns out to be too much gas; jokes about critter having better health insurance than most ensue
- A fancy-looking French angelfish that was found one day with a funny float has its buoyancy back after taking some time from its tropical trappings to get a CT scan at the Denver Zoo. A zoo worker recently noticed the blue-and-yellow fish was swimming with a tilt, prompting a visit...
Baseball Star Knocked
to Ground by Fans
Aug 29, 2023 6:26 AM CDT
Baseball Star Knocked to Ground by Fans
Atlanta Braves' Ronald Acuña uninjured by men who rushed field for selfies
- Ronald Acuña is on the brink of achieving something no baseball player has ever done—and two fans got way too aggressive in showing their apparent appreciation Monday night in Denver. The Atlanta Braves star was knocked to the turf as security tried to wrestle down the men who...
Mom: Southwest Accused Me
of Trafficking My Own Daughter
Aug 8, 2023 9:13 AM CDT
Mom: Southwest Accused Me of Trafficking My Own Daughter
Mary MacCarthy, who's white, says she and her biracial 10-year-old child were racially profiled
- A single mom has sued Southwest, accusing the airline of racial discrimination after a flight attendant suspected she may have been trafficking a child—her own daughter. NBC News reports that Mary MacCarthy, who's white, was traveling with her then-10-year-old daughter, Moira, who's Black, in October 2021 from...
Jun 30, 2023 2:02 PM CDT
Creators' Eatery Outlaws Tipping
At Colorado's Casa Bonita, servers and bartenders will instead make $30 an hour
- In September 2021, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the animated sitcom
, purchased Casa Bonita, a sprawling 52,000-square-foot Mexican restaurant in Lakewood, Colorado, that was featured in one of the show's episodes. The pair shuttered the eatery, which had declared bankruptcy before they purchased it,...
Massive Hail Spells Disaster
at Open-Air Concert
Jun 22, 2023 11:37 AM CDT
Massive Hail Spells Disaster at Open-Air Concert
Nearly 100 people injured Wednesday at Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Concertgoers expecting to be serenaded were instead pummeled with hail as large as tennis balls Wednesday as thunderstorms rolled across Colorado, per KUSA . Seven people were taken to the hospital and up to 90 were treated on scene at the open-air Red Rocks Amphitheatre near Denver. Fans were waiting for...
Woman Moves to Denver,
Disappears on First Night
Jun 22, 2023 7:21 AM CDT
Woman Moves to Denver, Disappears on First Night
Authorities searching for Christine Tail, 32, after delayed missing person alert
- A 32-year-old woman who relocated to Denver, Colorado, from South Dakota in search of "a better life" vanished on her very first night in the city. Christine Tail of the Oglala Sioux Tribe was last seen around 7pm on June 14 after reaching Denver with her girlfriend, Tanya Lance....
This Is America's
Friendliest LGBTQ+ City
Jun 13, 2023 4:16 PM CDT
This Is America's Friendliest LGBTQ+ City
San Francisco takes the top spot in LawnStarter's rankings, while Florida's Hialeah falls to the bottom
- It's almost the midway point in Pride Month, the celebration and commemoration of LGBTQ+ pride, with events taking place nationwide—including at the White House . LawnStarter decided to scout out what parts of the country are most pride-friendly, looking at 20 metrics for 200 of the America's largest...
10 Injured in Denver
After Nuggets' Win
Jun 13, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
10 Injured in Denver Mass Shooting After Nuggets' Win
Shooting took place in area where fans had been celebrating; suspect in custody
- Ten people were wounded in a mass shooting early Tuesday in Denver in an area where basketball fans had been celebrating the Nuggets' first NBA title win, police said, and a suspect was taken into custody. The shooting happened about 12:30am—about 3 1/2 hours after the game—and...
This Isn't How a
Phone Is to Be Used
May 22, 2023 8:58 AM CDT
This Isn't How a Plane's Intercom Phone Is to Be Used
'Belligerent' Frontier passenger accused of striking flight attendant with phone
- A Frontier Airlines passenger headed from Colorado to Florida delayed her plane's trip to warmer climes and now has an arrest under her belt after a confrontation with a flight attendant. The airline says in a statement that the "belligerent" female passenger on Flight 708 from Denver to...
Body Found 50 Miles From
Denver School Is Identified
Mar 23, 2023 6:46 AM CDT
Body Found 50 Miles From Denver School Is Identified
Remains confirmed to be those of Austin Lyle
- The body found near a car located by police some 50 miles from Denver's East High School has been positively identified as belonging to suspected school shooter Austin Lyle. The AP cites Park County Sheriff Tom McGraw as saying the body was located Wednesday in the vicinity of Lyle'...
2 Administrators Shot
at Denver High School
Mar 22, 2023 1:57 PM CDT
2 Administrators Shot at Denver High School
Police say juvenile suspect is still at large
- Two school administrators were shot on Wednesday morning at a Denver high school after a handgun was found on a student subjected to daily searches, authorities said. The male, juvenile suspect remained at large and the gun was not immediately recovered following the shooting at East High School, Police Chief...
Debate Organizers Thrown
by Candidate's Wheelchair
Feb 16, 2023 8:59 AM CST
Debate Organizers Thrown by Candidate's Wheelchair
Paul Hinds, running for reelection on Denver's City Council, says he had to crawl onto debate stage
- A debate this week in Denver for a City Council seat is making headlines not for the debate itself, but for what one candidate calls his "humiliating" experience as he tried to participate. The
reports that the event was held Monday at Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, a...
Cops: Owner Tracks Stolen Car
With App, Kills Boy in Shootout
Feb 12, 2023 6:43 AM CST
Cops: Owner Tracks Stolen Car With App, Kills Boy in Shootout
Denver police investigating the death of Elias Armstrong, 12
- The owner of a stolen car in Denver successfully tracked down his vehicle with an app but wound up killing a 12-year-old boy in an ensuing shootout, say police. The unidentified driver approached his vehicle once he found it and was "involved in an exchange of gunfire" with its...
This Is America's
Most Active City
Jan 21, 2023 10:00 AM CST
This Is America's Most Active City
WalletHub ranks Honolulu as being most conducive to an active lifestyle; see where other cities stand
- If you've decided that 2023 is the year when you're going to get your fitness act together, that motivation is the first step to a better you. Of course, things beyond our control often derail even the best-laid plans, including whether where we live is conducive to living...
Here Are the Most
Festive US Cities
Dec 24, 2022 10:01 AM CST
Here Are the Most Festive US Cities
New York tops LawnStarter's list
- Do you don your party hat on Dec. 1 and not take it off till the new year? You might want to seek out cities where you'll find like-minded festive souls. LawnStarter gathered public data from 200 of the nation's largest cities to see where those in a...
This Is the Best City in
America if You're Single
Nov 28, 2022 1:09 PM CST
This Is the Best City in America if You're Single
Seattle tops WalletHub's ranking, and there are plenty of other options across the US
- Looking for love these days can be tough. Along with people still exercising caution over COVID and prices spiking due to inflation, the dating scene can prove challenging all around. To help take that unintended sting out of Cupid's arrow, WalletHub put 182 cities across the US under the...
Survey: Gig Drivers
in Denver Average
$5.49 an Hour
Nov 9, 2022 3:02 PM CST
Survey: Gig Drivers in Denver Average $5.49 an Hour
Pay comes in well under minimum wage, but companies contest the calculations
- The income of gig drivers in the Denver area is running well below minimum wage, a survey has found. Two advocacy groups, Colorado Jobs with Justice and Gig Workers Rising, queried hundreds of drivers for such platforms as Lyft, Uber, and DoorDash from last November through January, the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Surfer Hit the Water, Heard 'Crunch, Crunch, Crunch'
'Like Living in a Horror Film' After Minks Escape From Farm
One Republican Comes to Garland's Defense in Hearing
Fetterman Takes On Senate Dress-Code Fury With Boebert Jab
Amazon Driver Dropped the Box. The Snake Struck
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.