Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
FTX Looks for Missing $400M,
Asks Customers to Stay Away
Nov 12, 2022 1:35 PM CST
FTX Looks for Missing $400M, Asks Customers to Stay Away
Exchange's name is coming off Miami arena after bankruptcy filing
- FTX has asked its customers to not go onto its website while it investigates what it said could be an expensive hack. A crypto analytics firm said more than $400 million worth of crypto funds seems to be missing, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. The US counsel for FTX, Ryne...
Rubio Takes Issue With
NBA Call for Gun Reform
May 26, 2022 1:07 PM CDT
Rubio Takes Issue With NBA Call for Gun Reform
Miami Heat announcer makes 'strikingly strong' call
- On Tuesday night, Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr made waves with his gun reform-focused press conference . On Wednesday, the Miami Heat made a similar move. Ahead of their playoff matchup against the Boston Celtics, the PA announcer kicked things off with this: "The Heat organization, the Boston Celtics,...
NBA Star Feels the Heat
After 'Inexcusable' Comment
Mar 12, 2021 7:00 AM CST
NBA Star Feels the Heat After 'Inexcusable' Comment
Miami Heat's Meyers Leonard fined $50K, suspended for week for using anti-Semitic slur
- The Miami Heat pulled forward Meyers Leonard away from the team "indefinitely" this week after he was caught on video using an anti-Semitic slur, and now the Heat has qualified what "indefinitely" means. The 29-year-old will be suspended from all team activities and barred from using Heat facilities...
in Hot Water Over
Mar 10, 2021 1:44 AM CST
Miami Heat's Meyers Leonard in Hot Water Over Anti-Semitic Slur
The NBA center now 'away' from the team
- Meyers Leonard "will be away from the team indefinitely" after the Miami Heat center used an anti-Semitic slur while streaming himself playing a video game, the NBA team says. The 29-year-old was playing
Call of Duty: Warzone
live on Twitch Monday when he went on an expletive-laden rant that...
NBA Team to Have Dogs
Screen Fans for Virus
Jan 24, 2021 5:06 PM CST
NBA Team to Have Dogs Screen Fans for Virus
Trained dogs will walk past attendees in a screening area, stopping when they detect an infected person
- The Miami Heat are bringing back fans, with help from dogs. The Heat will use coronavirus-sniffing dogs at AmericanAirlines Arena to screen fans who want to attend their games. The team has been working on the plan for months, and the highly trained dogs have been in place for some...
'Seriously?????' Jaws Drop
Over $10M Renaming Offer
Sep 14, 2019 9:30 AM CDT
'Seriously?????' Jaws Drop Over $10M Renaming Offer
It's hard to imagine going to BangBros Center
- BangBros Center? Technically, possible—in reality, don't hold your breath. But the porn site best known for mixing sex with vans says it's offering $10 million to rename the Miami Heat's arena for 10 years once American Airlines' sponsorship ends this year, CNET reports. "We intend...
Now Even the Singers Are
Kneeling for National Anthem
Oct 22, 2016 12:30 PM CDT
Now Even the Singers Are Kneeling for National Anthem
Denasia Lawrence joins protest during performance at Miami Heat game
- A woman performing the national anthem prior to an NBA preseason game in Miami did so while kneeling at midcourt, the AP reports. Denasia Lawrence opened her jacket just before she started to sing, revealing a "Black Lives Matter" shirt, then dropped to her left knee and performed the...
'I'm Coming Home'
Jul 11, 2014 12:12 PM CDT
LeBron Back to Cleveland: 'I'm Coming Home'
NBA star returning to his original team
- LeBron James is heading back to the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he first became a superstar. As the local
puts it, "King James has reclaimed his throne." And as James himself puts it, "I'm coming home." In an essay at
, James explains...
Opts Out, Will
Be Free Agent
Jun 24, 2014 9:08 AM CDT
LeBron James Opts Out, Will Be Free Agent
Star exercises early termination clause with Heat
- America, are you ready for The Decision II? Well, too bad, because LeBron James is apparently taking his talents away from South Beach. The player generally regarded as the NBA's best has decided to opt out of his contract with the Miami Heat, his agent tells ESPN . The move...
Spurs Rout Heat to
Become NBA Champs
Jun 15, 2014 11:40 PM CDT
Spurs Rout Heat to Become NBA Champs
They take 5th title with 104-87 win in Game 5
- The San Antonio Spurs turned the rematch with the Miami Heat into no match at all. The Spurs finished off a dominant run to their fifth NBA championship Sunday night, ending the Heat's two-year title reign with a 104-87 victory that wrapped up the series in five games. A...
Heat to 2nd
Jun 21, 2013 1:46 AM CDT
LeBron Leads Heat to 2nd Straight Title
James scores 37 points, nabs MVP
- Victory in Game 7 brought more than another crown for LeBron James and the Miami Heat. It validated the team and its leader, forever cementing their place among the NBA's greats. For the vanquished San Antonio Spurs, it simply compounded the misery of a championship that got away. James...
Game 7, Wins
Jun 18, 2013 11:20 PM CDT
Heat Forces Game 7, Wins OT Thriller
LeBron James and company beat San Antonio
- They're going to Game 7 on Thursday night. LeBron James shrugged off a poor start to get 32 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds; Ray Allen hit a 3-pointer with 5.2 seconds to play to force overtime; and the Miami Heat staved off elimination with a 103-100 victory...
Jun 14, 2013 3:43 AM CDT
Busy Miami Restaurant's Deck Crashes Into Water
Dozens hurt in collapse during Heat game
- Miami Heat fans got far more than they bargained for as they watched last night's game at the crowded Shuckers Waterfront Grill. The restaurant's deck—where 100 people were gathered—collapsed just before halftime, taking dozens with it, the
reports. Police and firefighters hurried to the...
Spurs Rally, Stun
Heat in Game 1
Jun 7, 2013 1:33 AM CDT
Spurs Rally, Stun Heat in Game 1
San Antonio surges ahead in 4th quarter to win 92-88
- The San Antonio Spurs still have that winning NBA Finals formula of good defense and a little luck on offense. Tim Duncan overcame a slow start to finish with 20 points and 14 rebounds, Tony Parker banked in a desperation jumper on a broken play with 5.2 seconds left,...
Mar 28, 2013 8:02 AM CDT
Miami's Historic Win Streak Finally Ends
Bulls dethrone them in physical contest
- The streak is over. The big prize is still out there. That's what mattered most to LeBron James and the Miami Heat. The Heat's bid for NBA history ended last night when their 27-game winning streak was snapped by the Chicago Bulls, 101-97, setting off a raucous celebration...
Look Out, LeBron:
Howard to Lakers
Aug 10, 2012 12:06 PM CDT
Look Out, LeBron: Howard to Lakers in Blockbuster NBA Trade
James' hopes of a repeat championship just got a lot harder
- The NBA world is abuzz with ESPN reports of a huge four-team trade that sends Orlando star Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers. Denver and Philadelphia also got in on the deal, which involves at least 10 players and all kinds of draft picks. Kobe Bryant is said to...
His Ring as
121-106 in Game 5
Jun 22, 2012 3:30 AM CDT
LeBron Gets His Ring as Miami Heat Routs Thunder
LeBron James is king of Miami's 121-106 win over Oklahoma
- LeBron James was king of the court last night as the forward finally made good on his promise to bring an NBA championship to Miami. The Heat suffocated the Oklahoma City Thunder 121-106 in Game 5. LeBron was the star, chalking up a triple-double in 44 minutes, with 26 points,...
Jun 20, 2012 3:00 AM CDT
Heat Tops Thunder, Nears Title
LeBron James battles through thigh cramps
- A limping, grimacing LeBron James shook off the pain of leg cramps to hit a tiebreaking 3-pointer and the Miami Heat held on to edge the Oklahoma City Thunder 104-98 last night, taking a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals. No team has ever blown a 3-1 lead in...
Game 3 to Heat
Jun 18, 2012 2:30 AM CDT
Thunder Drops Game 3 to Heat
Big mistakes result in 91-85 Thunder loss
- The lead was 10, the building was quiet, it was late in the third quarter, and the Oklahoma City Thunder were on the cusp of grabbing command of the NBA Finals again. Then the mistakes started. Soon, it was the Miami Heat taking the lead in this championship series—and...
LeBron: I Know
I'm 'Not Superior'
Jun 14, 2011 3:29 PM CDT
LeBron: I Know I'm 'Not Superior'
Miami star clarifies his post-game comments
- LeBron James was not a happy camper after the Dallas Maverick's win over the Miami Heat in Game 6 of the NBA finals, and he let everyone know about it . In a clarification today, James said the humanity-dissing comments he made may have been misunderstood, and that when it...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.