Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Judge Rips Giuliani
in Preserving Lawsuit
Oct 31, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Judge Rips Giuliani in Preserving Lawsuit
Opinion supports defamation filing on harm done to Georgia election workers
- A federal judge on Monday declined to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed against former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani by two women who served as election workers in Georgia in November 2020. In the lawsuit filed last December, Ruby Freeman and Wandrea "Shaye" Moss accused Giuliani of defaming...
Good News for Guy Who
Clapped Giuliani on the Back
Sep 22, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Good News for Guy Who Clapped Giuliani on the Back
Charges dropped, as long as he stays out of trouble for 6 months
The man charged with assault after he was seen on a video slapping the back of former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani accepted a deal Wednesday to have the charges dismissed. According to the Richmond County district attorney's office, the case has been adjourned in contemplation of dismissal,...
In Georgia, Giuliani
Faces 6 Hours of Questions
Aug 17, 2022 6:35 PM CDT
In Georgia, Giuliani Faces 6 Hours of Questions
It's not clear whether he answered any of them in grand jury appearance
: Rudy Giuliani complied with a subpoena and appeared before a special grand jury in Georgia for around six hours Wednesday—but it's not clear whether the Trump attorney answered any questions. Giuliani attorney Bob Costello, who said Monday that he had been told Giuliani was a target of...
NY Judge Orders Giuliani to
Testify in Georgia Election Case
Jul 20, 2022 2:58 PM CDT
NY Judge Orders Giuliani to Testify in Georgia Election Case
Fulton DA is investigating alleged election interference by Trump allies
- A judge in New York has ordered Rudy Giuliani to appear next month before a special grand jury in Atlanta that's investigating whether former President Donald Trump and others illegally tried to interfere in the 2020 general election in Georgia, the AP reports. New York Supreme Court Justice Thomas...
Giuliani, Graham Subpoenaed
in Georgia Election Case
Jul 5, 2022 6:20 PM CDT
Giuliani, Graham Subpoenaed in Georgia Election Case
Investigation closes in on Trump's 'inner circle'
- The Georgia prosecutor investigating the conduct of former President Donald Trump and his allies after the 2020 election is subpoenaing US Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and other members of Trump's campaign legal team to testify before a special grand jury. Fulton County District Attorney...
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jul 2, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Video Emerges of Giuliani Incident at Grocery Store
Employee at Staten Island shop is accused of slapping the former mayor in the back
This file has been updated to add video of the incident.
While campaigning for his son at a Staten Island grocery store Sunday, Rudy Giuliani was slapped in the back by an employee of the store, the NYPD tells the Hill . (You can see video of the incident here...
Gets 20 Months
Jun 29, 2022 6:30 PM CDT
Giuliani Ally Gets 20 Months
Fraud was 'a way of life' for Lev Parnas
: Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani who was a figure in former President Donald Trump's first impeachment investigation, was sentenced Wednesday to a year and eight months in prison for fraud and campaign finance crimes by a judge who said fraud had become “a way of...
Charges Downgraded After
Giuliani Gets Slap on Back
Jun 27, 2022 6:51 PM CDT
Charges Downgraded After Giuliani Gets Slap on Back
The former NYC mayor claims the slap left him with 'substantial pain'
- Rudy Giuliani hosted a press conference Monday on Facebook to discuss being slapped on the back by a ShopRite employee. According to Deadline, Giuliani was “irate” upon learning that the charges against his alleged attacker were downgraded. The former NYC mayor and Trump attorney was in a ShopRite on...
Eastman Asked to Be
on the 'Pardon List'
Jun 16, 2022 4:15 PM CDT
Eastman Asked to Be on the 'Pardon List'
Trump lawyer asked Pence to commit 'one more relatively minor violation'
- A legal scholar who advised former President Trump that the electors could be blocked from making President Biden's election official evidently reflected on his own situation after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Then he tried to obtain a presidential pardon. Eastman sent an email to fellow Trump...
New Theme Emerges in Jan. 6
Hearings: 'Team Normal'
Jun 14, 2022 6:40 AM CDT
New Theme Emerges in Jan. 6 Hearings: 'Team Normal'
Campaign manager Bill Stepien says this team counseled Trump to avoid the fraud strategy
- Day Two of the Jan. 6 hearings is in the books, and former President Trump considers the proceedings a "Kangaroo Court." Here's a look at other assessments and takeaways the morning after:
The House panel on Tuesday brought forth witness after witness who said they
'Apparently Inebriated' Giuliani
Gave Election-Night Advice
Jun 13, 2022 10:49 AM CDT
'Apparently Inebriated' Giuliani Gave Election-Night Advice
And Trump accepted it, alleges Liz Cheney as Jan. 6 hearings resume
(Updated: This summary has been updated to include the comments of Jason Miller.)
As Day Two of the Jan. 6 hearings began, Vice Chair Liz Cheney made a surprising statement about Rudy Giuliani that caught the attention of many on social media, as in this tweet from Steve Inskeep...
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Jun 11, 2022 2:15 PM CDT
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Trump lawyer had claimed election fraud to court in Pennsylvania
- Rudy Giuliani could be prohibited from practicing law in the District of Columbia, after the disciplinary arm of the DC Bar filed an ethics case over his advocacy of false fraud claims in the 2020 presidential election. The charge involves claims Giuliani made in a federal court about a lawsuit...
Giuliani Pulls Out of
Interview With House
January 6 Committee
May 6, 2022 12:25 AM CDT
Giuliani Pulls Out of Interview With House January 6 Committee
It had been scheduled for Friday
- A spokesman for the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the US Capitol says Rudy Giuliani, who led Donald Trump's court efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, has withdrawn from an interview that was scheduled to take place Friday, the AP reports....
Jury Convicts Rioter
Who Blamed Trump
Apr 14, 2022 4:08 PM CDT
Jury Convicts Rioter Who Blamed Trump
Defense argued Dustin Thompson was unemployed and vulnerable to conspiracy theories
- An Ohio man who testified he was "following presidential orders" from Donald Trump when he stormed the US Capitol was convicted Thursday of obstructing Congress from certifying Joe Biden's 2020 electoral victory. A federal jury also found Dustin Byron Thompson, 38, guilty of stealing a coat rack from...
Judge Gives OK
to Smartmatic Suit
Against Fox News
Mar 9, 2022 10:50 AM CST
Judge Gives OK to Smartmatic Suit Against Fox News
Voting tech company is suing network, hosts, guests on false election-rigging narrative
- A New York judge ruled on Tuesday that a $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit brought by voting tech company Smartmatic against Fox News and several of its hosts may proceed, though with caveats, reports the
New York Times
. Judge David Cohen rebuffed the network's attempt to have him dismiss...
Trump Said 'We,' Judge Notes
in Preserving Jan. 6 Lawsuits
Feb 18, 2022 3:36 PM CST
Trump Said 'We,' Judge Notes in Preserving Jan. 6 Lawsuits
Ruling in conspiracy case says former president's words could be taken as exhorting crowd to act
- Former President Trump's speech at a rally just before rioters attacked the US Capitol sounded like "a call for collective action," a federal judge said Friday in dealing the former president a significant loss in court. The comments were included in US District Judge Amit Mehta's...
Go the Route
of Steve Bannon
Feb 13, 2022 8:20 AM CST
Giuliani May Not Go the Route of Steve Bannon
'New York Times' reports he's in talks with House panel to testify about the Capitol riot
- Trump allies Steve Bannon and Mark Meadows have defied the House panel investigating the Capitol riot to the extent that they now face the possibility of criminal charges. Rudy Giuliani may go a different route. The
New York Times
reports that Trump's longtime attorney is in negotiations to testify...
After Election, Giuliani Asked
County to Hand Over Machines
Feb 9, 2022 6:15 PM CST
After Election, Giuliani Asked County to Hand Over Machines
Republican prosecutor in Michigan county says he rejected request from Trump lawyer
- Rudy Giuliani reportedly pushed back against a plan to have the military seize voting machines as Donald Trump tried to reverse his 2020 election loss—but a prosecutor in Michigan says the Trump lawyer made his own attempt to obtain one county's machines. Antrim County prosecutor James Rossiter tells...
Exit After Giuliani Unmasked
Feb 3, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Judges Exit After Giuliani Unmasked
'Deadline': Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke temporarily walked off the stage of Fox show in protest
- In the third season of
The Masked Singer
, a Fox crooning competition in which famous contenders' identities are concealed by costumes and face coverings, host Nick Cannon exclaimed, "This might be the most shocked I've ever been on this show!" when Sarah Palin was shown to be...
Alexander Vindman Sues
Over Alleged Retaliation
Feb 2, 2022 10:56 AM CST
Alexander Vindman Sues Over Alleged Retaliation
Files suit against Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, Dan Scavino, Julia Hahn
- Retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is citing the 1871 Ku Klux Klan Act in a lawsuit he filed against Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, and two former White House officials in connection with then-President Donald Trump's 2019 impeachment. Vindman alleges the two men, along with former White House Deputy...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
Trump Sets in Motion Fight That May Go to Supreme Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.