Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Aug 24, 2023 4:30 PM CDT
Defamation Suit Against Baldwin to Be Refiled
Family accuses actor of setting social media followers on fallen Marine's sister
- A lawyer for the family of a Marine killed in Afghanistan said Thursday that a new version of a lawsuit accusing actor Alec Baldwin of unleashing his social media followers against them will soon be filed. A federal judge had dismissed the original lawsuit but invited the family to rewrite...
Lawsuit Against Baldwin From
Marine's Family Dismissed
Aug 24, 2023 5:14 AM CDT
Lawsuit Against Baldwin From Marine's Family Dismissed
He called fallen Marine's sister an 'insurrectionist'
- A $25 million defamation lawsuit against Alec Baldwin from the widow and sisters of a Marine killed in the 2021 suicide attack at Kabul's airport has been dismissed—again. The actor donated $5,000 to the family of Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum after the attack. He was sued...
Was Likely Hungover
Jun 14, 2023 1:35 PM CDT
Armorer Was Likely Hungover
Prosecutors level new accusations against Hannah Gutierrez-Reed
- The weapons supervisor on the film set where Alec Baldwin shot and killed a cinematographer was drinking and smoking marijuana in the evenings during the filming of
, prosecutors are alleging, saying she was likely hungover when she loaded a live bullet into the revolver that the actor used. They...
Hammer of Gun
May 19, 2023 8:51 AM CDT
Hammer of Gun in
Shooting Possibly Modified
Prosecutors request forensic testing of the revolver, armorer's jacket
- Investigators believe the gun Alec Baldwin was handling when it fired a bullet that killed
cinematographer Halyna Hutchins may have been intentionally modified. In a motion requesting forensic testing of the .45 Long Colt revolver and ammunition, New Mexico special prosecutors say "the modification appears to be related...
Apr 22, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
Baldwin No Longer Charged in
New investigation could mean counts are reinstated later
- In what the AP is calling "a stunning turnaround," prosecutors on Friday formally dismissed the involuntary manslaughter charge that Alec Baldwin had been facing in the death of the
cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. That was the only remaining criminal charge against Baldwin in state District Court in Santa...
Widower of Cinematographer
to Work on Resumed
Apr 18, 2023 4:54 PM CDT
Widower of Cinematographer to Work on Resumed
Matthew Hutchins will be an executive producer
- The Alec Baldwin movie
will resume production this week, according to Rust Movie Productions, about a year and a half after cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was fatally shot on set with a prop gun. Baldwin will return, as will director Joel Souza, who was wounded in the shooting, reports CNBC...
Mar 29, 2023 6:23 PM CDT
Case Steps Aside
Santa Fe prosecutor said she couldn't continue without 'extra manpower'
- Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies has stepped aside from the
prosecution after a series of setbacks and has named two lawyers to take over as special prosecutors,
reports. Earlier this month, special prosecutor Andrea Reeb stepped down from the prosecution of Alec Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed...
Alec Baldwin Enters Plea,
Learns Conditions of Release
Feb 23, 2023 4:45 PM CST
Alec Baldwin Enters Plea, Learns Conditions of Release
Actor faces involuntary manslaughter charge in New Mexico
- Alec Baldwin on Thursday pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of a cinematographer on a New Mexico film set. The plea was contained in a court filing after the actor asked to avoid appearing at a virtual hearing scheduled for Friday, the
New York Times
Will Resume Filming
Feb 15, 2023 6:30 PM CST
Will Resume Filming
Director Joel Souza says finishing project will be 'bittersweet'
- To call production of the movie
so far "troubled" would be a massive understatement, but producers still plan to resume filming the Western this spring. Rust Movie Productions says the production will include old and new crew members. The producers say cinematographer Bianca Cline will replace Halyna Hutchins,...
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on
His Phone During Gun Training
Jan 31, 2023 4:53 PM CST
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Actor, armorer have been formally charged with manslaughter in 'Rust' shooting
- Alec Baldwin has, as expected , been formally charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of
in 2021. Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies filed charges against Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed on Tuesday, the
Santa Fe New Mexican
Jan 19, 2023 2:23 PM CST
Alec Baldwin Responds to Movie-Set Charges
Actor's attorney slams 'terrible miscarriage of justice'
- Alec Baldwin is now facing the possibility of prison over the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a movie set in 2021. The district attorney who serves Sante Fe County in New Mexico said Thursday that Baldwin will be charged before the end of the month with involuntary manslaughter,...
Alec Baldwin to Be Charged
in Fatal Movie Shooting
Jan 19, 2023 10:36 AM CST
Alec Baldwin to Be Charged in Fatal Movie Shooting
Actor and 'Rust' armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter in death of Halyna Hutchins
- Alec Baldwin will face criminal charges in the fatal 2021 shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a movie set. Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for firing the shot that killed Hutchins on the set of
, prosecutors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, said Thursday, reports CNN . The movie'...
Just Got Messier
Dec 22, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Litigation Just Got Messier
Assistant director David Halls countersues, alleging negligence by Alec Baldwin, others
- The finger-pointing over the fatal firing of a live round on the set of
continues, with the film's assistant director claiming he should not be held liable for harm alleged and deserves compensation from other parties involved if he is. David Halls on Friday filed a countersuit to...
With Lots of
Nov 12, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Suit With Lots of Finger-Pointing
Actor alleges others should hold blame for death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins
- Alec Baldwin and the producers of
settled last month with the family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by the actor on the movie's set in 2021. Now, Baldwin has lobbed his own lawsuit, which CNN notes is the first legal action he's taken...
Settlement Clears Way for
Oct 5, 2022 9:59 AM CDT
Settlement Clears Way for Filming of
Halyna Hutchins' family, Alec Baldwin settle for undisclosed amount
- The family of Halyna Hutchins has settled with Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions for an undisclosed amount in the wake of the cinematographer's 2021 death on the set of
—paving the way for the movie to be completed. Hutchins' family sued Baldwin and the movie's producers...
Alec Baldwin, Hilaria
Have Seventh Child
Sep 25, 2022 7:25 AM CDT
Alec Baldwin, Hilaria Have Seventh Child
That's No. 8 in total for the actor
- Alec Baldwin is now the father of eight. Wife Hilaria Baldwin gave birth to the couple's seventh child together, a baby girl, she announced on Instagram . "Both she and I are happy and healthy," the 38-year-old wrote of newborn Ilaria Catalina Irena Baldwin, per E! Online . Alec...
Report: Baldwin Has First
Acting Job Since Tragedy
Aug 30, 2022 2:24 PM CDT
Report: Baldwin Has First Acting Job Since Tragedy
Sources tell the 'New York Post' actor is returning to Broadway
- Almost a year after the shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins led to the indefinite suspension of his
project, Alec Baldwin has lined up another acting job, insiders say. Sources tell the
New York Post
that in his first major Broadway role since 2013, Baldwin will appear in a revival...
Aug 15, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Medical Investigator Rules Film Death Accidental
FBI forensics report says trigger must have been pulled, conflicting with Alec Baldwin's account
- The fatal film-set shooting of a cinematographer by actor Alec Baldwin last year was an accident, New Mexico's Office of the Medical Investigator has determined after an autopsy and a review of law enforcement reports. But Baldwin isn't in the clear yet. Prosecutors have not decided if any...
FBI Report Casts Doubt
on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Aug 15, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
FBI Report Casts Doubt on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Actor says he never pulled it in cinematographer's death, but tests suggest that's impossible
- The investigation into exactly what transpired before Alec Baldwin accidentally killed a cinematographer on set is ongoing, but a new FBI report casts doubt on one element of Baldwin's account. The actor told ABC News definitively last year that he never pulled the trigger of what he was told...
Asked to Use
Live Rounds on
Apr 26, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Armorer Asked to Use Live Rounds on Another Movie
Sheriff says action is 'concerning,' amid new file release
- "This is the most horrifying thing I've ever heard in my life," Alec Baldwin told investigators as he was informed that a live round came from the prop gun he handled on the New Mexico set of
. "Someone loaded a live round into the gun...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
'Nightmare' Exodus Begins Amid Fears of Ethnic Cleansing
Fans Boo as Miami Dolphins Opt Not to Go for NFL Record
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.