Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Woman's Kia Gets Stuck
Under Semi-Truck for 8 Miles
Jan 25, 2023 12:28 PM CST
Woman's Kia Gets Stuck Under Semi-Truck for 8 Miles
The wild scene happened Wednesday morning in Kansas
- Remember the scene in
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
where the family's station wagon gets stuck under a tractor-trailer ? Something like that happened for real in Kansas on Wednesday morning, except it reportedly lasted a whole lot longer. Police say that around 3:40am, a flurry of 911...
6 Dead After Truck Hits
Aug 28, 2022 6:45 AM CDT
6 Dead After Truck Hits Community Barbecue
7 were injured in Netherlands accident
- The death toll from an accident when a truck drove off a dike and slammed into a community barbecue in a village south of Rotterdam rose to six Sunday and police said a further seven people are in hospital, including one in critical condition. Police spokeswoman Mirjam Boers said the...
What We Know About
the Migrant Truck Deaths
Jun 28, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
What We Know About the Migrant Truck Deaths
With number of fatalities at 50, it's the worst such smuggling tragedy in reported US history
- The discovery of dozens of dead migrants in a truck in San Antonio, Texas, on Monday is the deadliest such incident in US history, reports the
. As of Tuesday morning, the death toll was at 50, per the AP , but others remained hospitalized. Three suspects are in custody,...
What Reviewers Think
of Ford's Electric Truck
May 12, 2022 11:31 AM CDT
What Reviewers Think of Ford's Electric Truck
In short, they are very impressed with the Lightning
- Automotive journalists got to take the new Ford F-150 electric pickup for a spin, and the reviews are downright glowing. Gas-powered F-series trucks have long been the best-selling vehicles in America, and the electric Lightning may continue the trend if the reviews are any indication. The truck, now in production,...
EPA Rule for Trucks Would Cut
Some Emissions by 90%
Mar 7, 2022 7:20 PM CST
EPA Rule for Trucks Would Cut Some Emissions by 90%
Environmental groups urge moving quickly toward 100%
- The Biden administration is proposing stronger pollution regulations for new tractor-trailer rigs that would clean up smoky diesel engines and encourage new technologies over the next two decades. The proposal released Monday by the Environmental Protection Agency would require the industry to cut smog- and soot-forming nitrogen oxide emissions by...
Shocking Video Shows
Mail Truck Plunge Off Bridge
Feb 28, 2022 1:50 PM CST
Shocking Video Shows Mail Truck Plunge Off Bridge
Massachusetts driver was uninjured
- The driver of a mail truck in Massachusetts survived a plunge off a bridge uninjured—an outcome that may have seemed unlikely to anybody who witnessed the incident. Shocking video shared by the State Police Association of Massachusetts shows the Saturday crash in Weston, around 15 miles from Boston. Police...
A Truck Just Drove 80 Miles
With No Human on Board
Dec 29, 2021 10:45 AM CST
A Truck Just Drove 80 Miles With No Human on Board
Autonomous trucker TuSimple logs first no-human road test in Arizona
- A semitruck completed an 80-mile route in Arizona with no human on board and no human intervention during the trip using technology developed by TuSimple, the company said Wednesday. The San Diego company says it's the first successful fully-autonomous run by a Class 8 vehicle, or semi, on open...
At Least 40 Killed,
Dozens Injured in
Gas Truck Explosion
Dec 14, 2021 7:45 AM CST
At Least 40 Killed, Dozens Injured in Gas Truck Explosion
The explosion took place late Monday in the Haitian city of Cap-Haitien
- A truck carrying gasoline exploded in northern Haiti, killing more than 40 people and injuring dozens of others, officials and news reports said Tuesday. The blast occurred late Monday in the city of Cap-Haitien, Prime Minister Ariel Henry said, adding that he was devastated. Henry said his administration was deploying...
Driverless Truck Crashes
Into Home, Kills Woman
Oct 27, 2021 4:47 PM CDT
Driverless Truck Crashes Into Home, Kills Woman
Police say theft suspect jumped out of vehicle during chase
- A Texas woman was killed early Tuesday when a stolen, driverless big rig slammed into her home. Police in Harris County say they tried to pull over the stolen tractor-trailer after locating it via GPS around 12:30am, but the driver refused to stop. After a brief chase, he jumped...
Truck Full of
Crashes Into Lake
Jul 15, 2021 1:17 PM CDT
Truck Full of Ramen Noodles Crashes Into Lake
Lake 'appears uncontaminated,' authorities say
- The Guinness Book of World Records says the biggest bowl of noodles was made in Vietnam in 2018. A lake in Arkansas, however, could be a new contender. Authorities say a tractor-trailer hauling 20,000 pounds of ramen noodles crashed into Lake Conway on Tuesday afternoon, KARK reports. The driver...
Migrants' 911 Calls Spur Search
for Truck: 'We Are Dying'
Feb 11, 2021 9:06 AM CST
Migrants' 911 Calls Spur Search for Truck: 'We Are Dying'
Local authorities in San Antonio, DHS desperately seeking white tanker that may have 80 trapped
- Authorities from the San Antonio Police Department, Bexar County Sheriff's Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, and even the Department of Homeland Security have embarked on a desperate search for a tanker truck that may be crammed with dozens of trapped migrants in a human smuggling operation. Sheriff Javier...
Postal Delivery Trucks
Are Bursting Into Flames
Jul 8, 2020 7:00 PM CDT
Postal Delivery Trucks Are Bursting Into Flames
A postal-carrier newsletter calls it 'a very dangerous situation'
- Postal workers have a bit of a problem: Their trucks are catching fire. And not just a few of them. At least 417 USPS mail trucks—the classic ones with right-side driving to enable quick delivery—have been damaged or scorched by fire since 2014, Vice reports. Engineers brought in...
Arrest in Murder Case
Comes After Odd Offer
in case you missed it
Mar 14, 2020 2:23 PM CDT
Arrest in Murder Case Comes After Odd Offer
Woman was trying to sell victims' pickup for $200, explaining why they didn't need it
- Police have made three arrests in the murder of a couple who were killed in their own bed near Haines City, Fla., and the break in the case came in a strange way—involving a $200 offer for the victims' truck. Coverage:
Between two and three weeks ago,
'Incalculable' Damage After
Truck Hits Easter Island Statue
Mar 7, 2020 6:30 AM CST
'Incalculable' Damage After Truck Hits Easter Island Statue
The unmanned vehicle was parked, but the brake apparently failed
- For the Rapa Nui, the iconic moai statues of Easter Island are "sacred structures," Camilo Rapu, the head of the indigenous community there, tells CNN . That's why what went down in the Chilean territory Sunday has the locals distressed and wondering how to better protect the famous...
Tesla Mocked by
Surprise Troll on
Nov 27, 2019 6:21 AM CST
Tesla Mocked by Surprise Troll on 'Unbreakable' Cybertruck
Lego's vehicle is 'guaranteed shatterproof'
- Elon Musk says the orders are pouring in for Tesla's new Cybertruck, despite the onstage demo fail that generated worldwide mockery. Now, a surprise troll is mocking the electric car company with its own debut. Mashable reports that early Tuesday, Danish toy company Lego put up a promo on...
Elon Musk Pays $770M for
Most Expensive Windows Ever
Nov 23, 2019 9:00 AM CST
Elon Musk Pays $770M for Most Expensive Windows Ever
That's how much Tesla CEO lost in one day after his Cybertruck's windows smashed during demo
- Elon Musk's disastrous demo of Tesla's newest electric vehicle wasn't just a PR debacle—it hit his wallet big time. When the company's head designer threw a metal ball at the Cybertruck's window Thursday to show how durable it was, the window smashed; a second...
Electronic Speed Limit
Could Curb Tractor-Trailers
Jun 28, 2019 4:49 PM CDT
Electronic Speed Limit Could Curb Tractor-Trailers
Bill would hold heavy trucks to 65 mph
- Two U.S. senators have introduced a bill that would electronically limit tractor-trailer speeds to 65 miles per hour, a move they say would save lives on the nation's highways. Sens. Johnny Isakson, a Georgia Republican, and Chris Coons, a Delaware Democrat, introduced the measure Thursday, saying it would...
If You Live Near Atlanta and
Spot Roaming Cows, Call Police
Oct 1, 2018 10:20 AM CDT
If You Live Near Atlanta and Spot Roaming Cows, Call Police
Overturned livestock truck dumps dozens of bovines onto a highway cloverleaf; half are missing
- An overturned livestock truck spilled a herd of cows onto a highway cloverleaf north of Atlanta on Monday, causing traffic chaos, including wrecks that killed several cows and injured a driver. Sgt. Sam Worsham of the Sandy Springs Police Department said the wreck happened about 3am Monday on the Cobb...
The Best SUV, Car,
and Truck of the Year
Jan 15, 2018 9:35 AM CST
The Best SUV, Car, and Truck of the Year
Volvo XC60, Honda Accord, and Lincoln Navigator take the honors at Detroit auto show
- The annual Detroit auto show is underway, and a marquee moment is out of the way: The 2018 honorees for best car, SUV, and truck of the year in North America have been named, reports the
Detroit Free Press
. The winners, and other trends and developments from the show:
Musk on New Tesla Trucks:
'Better in Every Way'
Nov 17, 2017 2:25 AM CST
Musk on New Tesla Trucks: 'Better in Every Way'
CEO lauds electric big rigs unveiled Thursday
- After more than a decade of making cars and SUVs—and, more recently, solar panels—Tesla Inc. wants to electrify a new type of vehicle: big trucks. The company unveiled its new electric semitractor-trailer Thursday night near its design center in Hawthorne, Calif. CEO Elon Musk said the semi is...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
1 Killed, 2 Hurt in Rampage on DC Metro
CDC: Stop Using These Eye Drops
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.