Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Here Are the
10 Best, Worst
US Cities to
Start a Career
May 16, 2023 12:55 PM CDT
Here Are the 10 Best, Worst US Cities to Start a Career
Atlanta takes the top spot on WalletHub's list, while the Big Apple comes in last
- Not sure where to kick off that career you've dreamed about for years? Whether you're a new grad or kick-starting a second job path for yourself, some cities have better resources than others for making such moves. WalletHub looked at more than 180 of the nation's largest...
Looking to Start a Biz?
Check Out These Cities
Apr 30, 2023 12:30 PM CDT
Looking to Start a Biz? Check Out These Cities
Orlando tops WalletHub's ranking of America's most startup-friendly places
- It's been a tough few years for business owners across the nation, from the pandemic to rising prices due to inflation. However, current challenges haven't stopped some from mulling over launching their own business—a sign of what WalletHub calls Americans' unstoppable "entrepreneurial streak." In an...
This Is the Most
Apr 23, 2023 1:50 PM CDT
This Is the Most Sustainable City in America
San Francisco tops LawnStarter's list
- Saturday is Earth Day, so LawnStarter compared the 200 biggest cities in America to find the most (and least) sustainable ones. The site looked at more than two dozen metrics in five main categories:
, including incentives and policies that center on energy efficiency and renewables;
One City Is America's Happiest
Mar 13, 2023 1:18 PM CDT
One City Is America's Happiest
Folks in Fremont, California are walking around with smiles on their faces, per WalletHub
- If you're seeking contentment in a world that seems extra stressful these days, WalletHub is on the case. The site looked at more than 180 of the biggest cities in America, examining 30 metrics in three main categories:
emotional and physical well-being
, which covers everything from life expectancy and...
Looking for Big Tips?
These States Deliver
Mar 6, 2023 3:22 PM CST
Looking for Big Tips? These States Deliver
Delaware tops the list of Toast's quarterly 'Restaurant Trends Report'
- Online eatery platform Toast is out with its quarterly "Restaurant Trends Report," for Q4 of last year, and among such stats as delivery orders during the Super Bowl, the site examined the state of tipping nationwide. Toast looked at average tips across the US and found that Cleveland...
Ready for Movie Night?
These US Cities Are Best
Feb 11, 2023 9:00 AM CST
Ready for Movie Night? These US Cities Are Best
New York takes No. 1 spot for movie lovers on Lawn Love list
- If you love movies as much as Nicole Kidman loves movies , there are certain cities where you'll be in Hollywood heaven. Lawn Love wanted to find where movie lovers could have the most "memorable cinematic experience," so the outdoor-services website looked at the 200 largest US cities,...
Here Are Cleanest,
Dirtiest Cities in US
Jan 28, 2023 10:00 AM CST
Here Are Cleanest, Dirtiest Cities in US
Virginia Beach wins LawnStarter's seal of approval; Houston, not so much
- Living in a big city definitely has its perks—but litter, polluted air, and (gulp) rodents aren't among them. LawnStarter looked at more than 150 of the nation's largest cities to suss out the cleanest and dirtiest ones, analyzing metrics in four main categories:
This Is America's
Most Active City
Jan 21, 2023 10:00 AM CST
This Is America's Most Active City
WalletHub ranks Honolulu as being most conducive to an active lifestyle; see where other cities stand
- If you've decided that 2023 is the year when you're going to get your fitness act together, that motivation is the first step to a better you. Of course, things beyond our control often derail even the best-laid plans, including whether where we live is conducive to living...
Here Are the Most
Festive US Cities
Dec 24, 2022 10:01 AM CST
Here Are the Most Festive US Cities
New York tops LawnStarter's list
- Do you don your party hat on Dec. 1 and not take it off till the new year? You might want to seek out cities where you'll find like-minded festive souls. LawnStarter gathered public data from 200 of the nation's largest cities to see where those in a...
This Is the Most
Fun City in America
Dec 7, 2022 2:00 PM CST
This Is the Most Fun City in America
Sin City tops WalletHub's list
- If only Jack Torrance had had a bit more playtime in
, things may have turned out better for everyone. Time to kick back and have a little fun is an important balance to our daily stressors, and some cities host that fun in abundance. WalletHub took a look...
This Is the Best City in
America if You're Single
Nov 28, 2022 1:09 PM CST
This Is the Best City in America if You're Single
Seattle tops WalletHub's ranking, and there are plenty of other options across the US
- Looking for love these days can be tough. Along with people still exercising caution over COVID and prices spiking due to inflation, the dating scene can prove challenging all around. To help take that unintended sting out of Cupid's arrow, WalletHub put 182 cities across the US under the...
Here Are the 20 Most
Beautiful Skylines in America
Nov 27, 2022 6:42 AM CST
Here Are the 20 Most Beautiful Skylines in America
Thrillist offers its take on the nation's skyscraper-dotted scenes
- Whether you're gazing upon famous landmarks like the Empire State Building and St. Louis' Gateway Arch, or a Minneapolis scene straight out of
, America's skylines offer eye candy that are a testament to the architects and builders who've erected our nation's most notable buildings. Thrillist...
Here Are the 10 Best, Worst
US Cities to Be Car-Less
Nov 15, 2022 9:07 AM CST
Here Are the 10 Best, Worst US Cities to Be Car-Less
You don't need wheels to get around San Francisco, per LawnStarter
- In some places, not having a car could adversely affect everything from employment opportunities to how you spend your downtime. LawnStarter wanted to see where a vehicle isn't as necessary for your daily routine, so it looked at the 200 largest cities in the US to measure their standings...
the 'Rattiest' City
Oct 25, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
Congrats, NYC: You're Not the 'Rattiest' City in America
Chicago takes that honor in rankings by Orkin pest control company; the Big Apple comes in 2nd
- Think "rats in the city," and many people are likely to envision the rodents who creep around in the Big Apple's alleyways and subway system. It's not New York City, though, but Chicago atop Orkin's list of the "rattiest" cities in America.
This Is the Safest
City in America
Oct 10, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
This Is the Safest City in America
Columbia, Md., tops WalletHub's rankings; St. Louis is at the bottom
- When people think of "safety" in their homes and communities, crime is often the first thing that pops into their heads. But as WalletHub notes for its rankings of the safest cities in America, there's more to it than that. Safety can also encompass a variety of other...
This Is the
Oct 6, 2022 1:15 PM CDT
This Is the Greenest City in America
San Diego takes the top spot in WalletHub's ranking of environmentally conscious metropolises
- With what seems like a never-ending series of headlines tied to the effects of global warming on Earth, many of us may be thinking ahead on what we can do next to help save our planet. Where we choose to live could also prove meaningful, with some cities around the...
The 10 Best, Worst
Cities for Herbivores
Sep 27, 2022 12:00 PM CDT
The 10 Best, Worst Cities for Herbivores
WalletHub ranks the best places in the US for vegetarians, vegans
- If living a meat-free existence is your dietary M.O., WalletHub wants to help you find your herbivore paradise. To suss out which US metropolitan areas are the best choices for vegetarians and vegans, the site examined data for the 100 biggest cities, looking at 17 metrics across three main...
Here Are the Most,
Least Educated US Cities
Jul 24, 2022 4:30 PM CDT
Here Are the Most, Least Educated US Cities
Ann Arbor, Michigan, tops WalletHub's list, while Visalia, California, comes in last
- Where college grads head to after they've thrown their caps in the air can make or break a city's smarts cachet. WalletHub wanted to see which US cities can claim that "most educated" prestige, so it looked at 150 of the most populated metropolitan areas around the...
Looking to Rent?
Your Best Bet Is Here
Jul 18, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Looking to Rent? Your Best Bet Is Here
Columbia, Md., tops WalletHub's list of best cities for renters
- There are many reasons why people may choose to rent over buying a home—but that doesn't mean renting is always an inexpensive proposition. In fact, WalletHub reports that last year, rental prices rose at nearly double the rate of any previous year. Still, there are places in the...
This Is the No.1
in the US
Jul 11, 2022 11:06 AM CDT
This Is the No.1 Stressed City in the US
Cleveland might have your stomach in knots, per WalletHub's rankings
- If you've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately, you're not alone—especially depending on where you live. WalletHub wanted to see what parts of the country were more frazzled than others, and so the site looked at more than 180 of the most populated US cities, examining more...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Another of Italy's 'Leaning' Towers May Be in Trouble
Doritos Caters to Gamers With Crunch-Silencing App
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
One Group of Creatives Has Stellar Mental Health
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.