Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Body of Colorado Woman
Missing Since 2020 Found
Sep 28, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Body of Colorado Woman Missing Since 2020 Found
Charges against Suzanne Morphew's husband were dropped last year
- Searchers have found the remains of a woman who was reported missing on Mother's Day in 2020 after she did not return from a bike ride near her home in the Salida area in southern Colorado. Agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation found the remains of Suzanne Morphew,...
Multiple People Now 'on the
Radar' in JonBenet Case
Sep 25, 2023 10:45 AM CDT
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Cops in Colorado say they're looking into 'new persons of interest' in 1996 murder of 6-year-old
- It's been 27 years since 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered over the Christmas holiday in her Colorado home, with most of the leads on who killed her having gone cold over time. Now, however, Boulder police suggest they may be making advances on that front. "There are...
Locals Warned of Aggressive
Moose After Colorado Attack
Sep 21, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Locals Warned of Aggressive Moose After Colorado Attack
Cow moose charged woman, dog
- A moose remains at large after it attacked a woman and her dog in Colorado's Boulder County Wednesday morning, officials say. The woman was walking her dog on South Saint Vrain Trail when the cow moose charged them, KDVR reports. It headbutted and stomped the woman multiple times, but...
Colorado Peak Gets a
Meaningful Name Change
Sep 18, 2023 2:05 AM CDT
Colorado Peak Gets a Meaningful Name Change
Mount Evans is now Mount Blue Sky
- Federal officials on Friday renamed a towering mountain southwest of Denver as part of a national effort to address the history of oppression and violence against Native Americans. The US Board on Geographic Names voted overwhelmingly to change Mount Evans to Mount Blue Sky at the request of the Cheyenne...
Boebert's Theater Snafu Just
Got a Bit More Salacious
Sep 16, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Boebert's Theater Snafu Just Got a Bit More Salacious
New footage shows congresswoman, companion groping each other; Boebert issues apology
- After Lauren Boebert was kicked out of a Denver theater last weekend for "causing a disturbance" during a performance of
, new details are now out over exactly what kind of disturbance it was. It had already been publicized that complaints were logged over Boebert reportedly singing, vaping (which...
Show a Little
Sep 13, 2023 7:27 AM CDT
Show a Little Too Much
Republican congresswoman was escorted out of Denver performance for 'causing a disturbance'
- Saying "Beetlejuice!" three times might summon the mischievous ghost, but singing, vaping, and recording the musical about him won't do anything but get you kicked out of the performance. That's what officials with Denver Arts & Venues are accusing GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of doing during...
Denver Zoo's Tilting
Angelfish Gets a CT Scan
Sep 5, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Denver Zoo's Tilting Angelfish Gets a CT Scan
Turns out to be too much gas; jokes about critter having better health insurance than most ensue
- A fancy-looking French angelfish that was found one day with a funny float has its buoyancy back after taking some time from its tropical trappings to get a CT scan at the Denver Zoo. A zoo worker recently noticed the blue-and-yellow fish was swimming with a tilt, prompting a visit...
Leads to Fiery
Crash in Colorado
Sep 4, 2023 2:15 AM CDT
Attempted Highway Robbery Leads to Fiery Crash in Colorado
Authorities originally blamed a road rage shooting
- A fiery crash that left eight people injured outside Fort Collins, Colorado, last week may have been caused by an attempted highway robbery, police say. The Larimer County Sheriff's Office had initially said a road rage shooting might have preceded the crash, but amended their hypothesis after "additional...
Autopsies In on Family Who
Died Trying to Live Off the Grid
Sep 1, 2023 2:17 PM CDT
Autopsies In on Family Who Died Trying to Live Off the Grid
Christine and Rebecca Vance and latter's teen son likely died of malnutrition, hypothermia
- The stepsister of a Colorado woman who was found dead along with her sister and teenage son at a remote Rocky Mountain campsite says the women fled into the wilderness after struggling to cope with societal changes in recent years, but they were unequipped to survive off the grid. Exposed...
Zoo: We've 'Never Experienced
an Accident Like This'
Aug 30, 2023 11:31 AM CDT
Zoo: We've 'Never Experienced an Accident Like This'
Mila, a Siberian tiger at Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, suffered injury under anesthesia
- There are thought to be roughly 1,000 Siberian tigers in the world, the majority of those held in captivity. Now, there's one fewer. A critically endangered Siberian tiger held at a Colorado zoo died in a "freak accident" Friday during preparations for a dental procedure, ABC News...
Give a High-Five to Our
Aug 28, 2023 4:15 PM CDT
Give a High-Five to Our Hardest-Working State
North Dakota comes in at No. 1 on WalletHub's rankings, while New Mexico brings up the rear
- Compared to workers in other countries, Americans are known for balking at taking too much vacation time, either because their employer doesn't offer that many paid days off or because workers feel they can't miss too many days without negative repercussions. The positive side of that coin is...
Mom: Southwest Accused Me
of Trafficking My Own Daughter
Aug 8, 2023 9:13 AM CDT
Mom: Southwest Accused Me of Trafficking My Own Daughter
Mary MacCarthy, who's white, says she and her biracial 10-year-old child were racially profiled
- A single mom has sued Southwest, accusing the airline of racial discrimination after a flight attendant suspected she may have been trafficking a child—her own daughter. NBC News reports that Mary MacCarthy, who's white, was traveling with her then-10-year-old daughter, Moira, who's Black, in October 2021 from...
'This Guy Is Very, Very
Good at Fooling People'
Aug 5, 2023 6:00 AM CDT
'This Guy Is Very, Very Good at Fooling People'
Allen Todd May, 58, who escaped from Colorado prison in late 2018, is captured in Fort Lauderdale
- A career fraudster who escaped from a federal prison in Colorado nearly five years ago was captured this week while moving into a $1.5 million house near the ocean on Florida's Gold Coast, federal officials said Friday. Federal marshals arrested Allen Todd May, 58, at the house in...
This Is the Best State in
America for Health Care
Jul 31, 2023 5:47 PM CDT
This Is the Best State in America for Health Care
Minnesota tops WalletHub's list, with West Virginia coming in last
- Health care in the US before COVID was already a prime political topic—and after the pandemic hit, it became even more so. WalletHub wanted to see which states offered the best, most affordable services, so it looked at all 50 states and Washington, DC, using more than 40 metrics...
Decomposed Bodies Belong to
Sisters Trying to Live Off-Grid
Jul 26, 2023 11:12 AM CDT
Decomposed Bodies Belong to Sisters Trying to Live Off-Grid
Remains of Rebecca and Christine Vance and 14-year-old boy were found in Colorado
- Three decomposed bodies found earlier this month at a remote Colorado campsite have been identified as those of two sisters and a teenage son from Colorado Springs who sought to live "off the grid." A hiker came across one of the bodies in the Gunnison National Forest, located...
Prosecutors: Dentist Who Killed
Wife Laced Her Protein Shakes
Jul 12, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Prosecutors: Dentist Who Killed Wife Laced Her Protein Shakes
Dentist James Craig is accused of using arsenic, cyanide to kill wife
- Investigators say a Colorado dentist accused of killing his wife researched how to poison her and get away with it, searching online for answers to questions like "is arsenic detectable in autopsy?" On Wednesday, prosecutors are set to present their evidence against James Craig to a judge to show...
This Is the Most
Patriotic State in America
Jul 4, 2023 10:15 AM CDT
This Is the Most Patriotic State in America
Virginia is for lovers (of the US), per WalletHub, while Arkansas needs to muster up more affection
- It's the biggest holiday of the American summer, and flags are waving. As Americans light their grills and prepare to watch the Fourth's fireworks, WalletHub susses out which states are the most patriotic. To figure out where citizens are most likely to be decked out in their red,...
Jun 30, 2023 2:02 PM CDT
Creators' Eatery Outlaws Tipping
At Colorado's Casa Bonita, servers and bartenders will instead make $30 an hour
- In September 2021, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the animated sitcom
, purchased Casa Bonita, a sprawling 52,000-square-foot Mexican restaurant in Lakewood, Colorado, that was featured in one of the show's episodes. The pair shuttered the eatery, which had declared bankruptcy before they purchased it,...
Into Car Trapped
Then, a Drone
Jun 28, 2023 2:20 PM CDT
Water Poured Into Car Trapped in Sinkhole. Then, a Drone
'Maybe 30 minutes later, they could have been dead,' Colorado teen says of his well-timed rescue
- When Josh Logue started flying drones as a hobby, he had no idea it would result in him saving lives. That's what happened Saturday morning as the 18-year-old Colorado man sent up a drone to explore the Denver suburb of Brighton after heavy rainfall transformed a dry canal into...
Billionaire James Crown
Killed After Crashing Race Car
Jun 27, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Billionaire James Crown Killed After Crashing Race Car
Chicago businessman was racing on his 70th birthday in Colorado
- Racing at an Aspen, Colorado, racetrack on his 70th birthday Sunday, billionaire James Crown was killed when he crashed into an impact barrier. "He was driving a race car, and it hit a wall going around a curve," his father, billionaire financier Lester Crown, tells the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Florida Man Bitten 41 Times by Rabid Otter
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
Body of Colorado Woman Missing Since 2020 Found
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.