Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
We Pump Out
That Could Be an Issue
Apr 5, 2023 1:42 PM CDT
We Pump Out 8-Pound Chickens. That Could Be an Issue
KFC and Chick-fil-A's need for 4-pound birds is rising
- It's a potentially big problem involving a small thing: America needs more 4-pound chickens. That's the upshot of a
Wall Street Journal
piece that takes a look at the friction between the larger 8-pound birds chicken processors prefer and the smaller variety that fast-food chains like Chick-fil-A and...
Cops: KFC Customer Shot
Worker After Corn Ran Out
Dec 14, 2022 5:50 PM CST
Cops: KFC Customer Shot Worker After Corn Ran Out
Police are searching for St. Louis suspect
- For most people, finding out that a KFC outlet had run out of corn would be a minor disappointment at most. For a customer in St. Louis, it was reason enough to shoot somebody, police say. According to a police incident report, a 25-year-old male employee was shot in the...
KFC Promo Urges Marking
Nazi Horror With More Cheese
Nov 10, 2022 3:50 PM CST
KFC Promo Urges Marking Nazi Horror With More Cheese
Company apologizes for app alert, saying it went out in Germany unchecked
- KFC has blamed its software setup for an app alert suggesting people in Germany mark the anniversary of Kristallnacht by adding cheese to their chicken purchase. The notice went out Wednesday, 84 years to the day after the atrocity also known as the Night of Broken Glass. An hour later,...
KFC Australia Swaps
Lettuce for Cabbage
Jun 7, 2022 7:13 PM CDT
KFC Australia Swaps Lettuce for Cabbage
Chain says flooding has destroyed crops
- KFC does not stand for Krunchy Fresh Cabbage but customers in Australia may have their doubts—the chain says that because of recent floods in New South Wales and Queensland, all of its products that normally include lettuce will now have a "lettuce and cabbage blend" until further notice....
KFC Worker Calls 911 After
Customer Writes Note for Help
May 19, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
KFC Worker Calls 911 After Customer Writes Note for Help
Woman told Memphis police that her boyfriend was holding her against her will
- A Memphis woman told police her partner was holding her against her will, had confiscated her phone, and punched her in the face when she tried to leave. That she was able to speak to police was thanks to her quick thinking, and a KFC worker who took action. The...
KFC on New Chicken-Free
Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Jan 6, 2022 2:07 PM CST
KFC on New Chicken-Free Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Chain's Beyond Fried Chicken is a plant-based chicken alternative created with Beyond Meat
- As 2022 kicks into high gear, KFC has a "Kentucky Fried Miracle" to announce: its Beyond Fried Chicken, a plant-based chicken nugget alternative created in partnership with Beyond Meat, per a release from KFC parent company Yum Brands. Starting Monday and for a limited time, the fast-food chain will...
Kiwis' Illicit Substance
Was Finger Lickin' Good
Sep 21, 2021 1:18 PM CDT
Kiwis' Illicit Substance Was Finger Lickin' Good
2 accused of trying to transport KFC meal into locked-down Auckland
- New Zealand police have arrested two men who allegedly tried to enter the locked-down city of Auckland with an illicit substance: takeout food. Specifically, they carried three buckets of KFC chicken, 10 containers of coleslaw, and a bunch of fries, in addition to $70,000 in cash and a stash...
Combine Lifetime Channel
With KFC, and You Get This
Dec 8, 2020 11:30 AM CST
Combine Lifetime Channel With KFC, and You Get This
Mario Lopez stars as a man with 'a secret fried chicken recipe and a dream'
- Lifetime is known for churning out romantic movies. KFC is known for its finger-licking-good chicken. Combine the two and you have
A Recipe for Seduction
, an original Lifetime "mini movie" about a "steamy holiday love affair" between a heiress and a muscular Colonel Sanders, played by Mario Lopez....
KFC Thinks Better of its Slogan
Aug 24, 2020 4:59 PM CDT
KFC Thinks Better of its Slogan
Acknowledging the pandemic, chain plans to restore catchphrase later
- For 64 years, KFC thought the slogan about its fried chicken—"It's Finger Lickin' Good"—was in fine taste. These days, health experts advise keeping our hands away from our face if we want to stay healthy. We're supposed to clean our hands often, and not...
Cops Might've Missed the Illicit
Party—if Not for the KFC Order
Jul 10, 2020 11:19 AM CDT
Cops Might've Missed the Illicit Party—if Not for the KFC Order
Hungry Aussies, who should've been under lockdown, fined $18K
- Australian police say they broke up a birthday party that attendants will remember "for a long time" since it resulted in some $18,000 in fines. Victoria Police found 16 partygoers hiding out at a home in the Melbourne suburb of Dandenong early Friday in defiance of coronavirus restrictions....
Is Victim of Very
Mar 13, 2020 1:25 PM CDT
KFC's Latest Ad Campaign Is Victim of Very Bad Timing
Fast-food chain pulls its 'Finger Lickin' Good' series amid coronavirus pandemic
- One of the first lines of defense against the novel coronavirus is hand-washing , which doesn't bode well for KFC's latest ad campaign. The Drum reports that upward of 160 complaints have been registered with the UK's Advertising Standards Authority over the fast-food chain's recently launched series...
KFC Crocs Don't Just
Look Like Fried Chicken
in case you missed it
Feb 16, 2020 6:48 AM CST
KFC Crocs Don't Just Look Like Fried Chicken
They smell like it, too—at least until feet enter the picture
- For $59.99, you can "make your dreams of wearing a bucket of chicken finally come true." That's according to Crocs , which is out with what is surely (seriously, no contest) its oddest design yet. Revealed in a fairly out-there ad released Wednesday, the KFC X Crocs...
KFC Sorry for
Ad in Which Boys
Gawk at Cleavage
in case you missed it
Jan 25, 2020 3:14 PM CST
KFC Sorry for Ad in Which Boys Gawk at Cleavage
No word on whether 15-second ad will be pulled in Australia
- KFC has apologized over a "sexist" ad released in Australia, showing two young boys gaping at a woman in a low-cut top. The woman is seen adjusting her top while looking at her reflection in the tinted window of a parked car, which suddenly slides down to show the...
KFC's New Offering
Leaves Twitter Stunned
Sep 18, 2019 3:58 PM CDT
KFC's New Offering Leaves Twitter Stunned
Yes, that's a fried chicken and doughnut sandwich
- Move over, Heart Attack Grill: KFC is pairing fried chicken with glazed doughnuts in meals that may just make your heart and soul glaze over. Called "Chicken and Donuts," the menu items include a sandwich—a chicken fillet bound by two glazed doughnuts—or, for basket lovers, chicken...
KFC Is About
to Serve Up
Aug 26, 2019 1:05 PM CDT
KFC Is About to Serve Up Vegan 'Chicken'
Fast food chain is testing Beyond Chicken in one store
- Non-meat "meat" products are almost everywhere, and the next place they're heading is KFC. The chain is testing a vegan version of its fried chicken in an Atlanta restaurant starting Tuesday, CNBC reports. The plant-based product comes from Beyond Meat, making KFC the first national US fast food...
Starbucks Used to Have
a Much Longer Name
Jul 29, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Starbucks Used to Have a Much Longer Name
Why company dumped Starbucks Coffee, Tea, and Spices, and why other brands changed their names
- In a world where our texting shorthand includes "BRB," "LOL," and "K," is it any surprise that we now have brands calling themselves WW, RH, and KFC?
reports on eight companies that have truncated or otherwise modified their original monikers, for various...
May 2, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
Democrat Taunts Attorney General With Chicken
Rep. Steve Cohen mocks William Barr's decision not to appear before House panel
- Attorney General William Barr opted not to appear Thursday before the House Judiciary Committee, after his lengthy testimony before a Senate panel on Wednesday. As a result, Democrats are now taunting him as a chicken. Toward that end, Rep. Steve Cohen not only placed a toy chicken by Barr's...
Fried Chicken-Scented Log
Debuts for the Holidays
Dec 13, 2018 7:49 PM CST
Fried Chicken-Scented Log Debuts for the Holidays
KFC's new log will set you back $18.99
- Ah, the things of Christmas: parties, decorations, gifts, and … a fried chicken-scented log crackling on the hearth? That last one is a new addition for 2018. Chicken chain KFC is debuting an Enviro-Log that it says smells like its signature product, 11 herbs and spices and all, Fox reports....
$11K for Daughter
at Birth, Thanks to KFC
Oct 31, 2018 9:25 AM CDT
Parents Nab $11K for Daughter at Birth, Thanks to KFC
They just had to name her Harland
- A 7-week-old infant already has a large chunk of her college tuition covered thanks to impeccable timing and KFC. Finding that Colonel Sanders' first name, Harland, had become too unpopular ( BabyCenter.com puts it at the 5,501 spot for 2018), the company in August issued a simple challenge...
KFC Offers $11K
for Naming Baby
After Col. Sanders
Aug 31, 2018 8:13 AM CDT
KFC Offers $11K for Naming Baby After Col. Sanders
They're worried about the decline in Harlands
- Not many people call their sons "Harland" these days—not even those who are big fans of Col. Harland Sanders' secret blend of 11 herbs and spices—and that's something KFC is trying to change. The company says it plans to mark what would have been its founder'...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Tuberville Makes Surprise Reversal on Military Holds
Hollywood Is Going After Lauren Boebert
'We're Pretty Sure It's Not a Bird'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.