Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Guess Who Just Showed
Up on the
Nov 21, 2023 6:39 AM CST
Guess Who Just Showed Up on the
David Letterman visits Stephen Colbert at Ed Sullivan Theater, his first time since leaving in 2015
- For the first time in more than eight years, David Letterman took to the stage at New York City's Ed Sullivan Theater, but this time, he was on the other side of the desk. The former
host popped in for a visit on Monday with current
Needs No Introduction
Dec 13, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Letterman's Next Guest Definitely Needs No Introduction
Netflix talk show host talks with Ukrainian president Zelensky deep underground in Kyiv's metro
- Volodymyr Zelensky doesn't have much time on his hands these days as he continues to lead Ukraine through its fight against Russian forces. But he made time to sit down with David Letterman in late October, "300 feet underground on an active subway platform in Kyiv," for...
Soured Her First
Oct 31, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Maya Rudolph Reveals What Soured Her First Letterman Show
Ex-'SNL' comic says host mispronounced her name: 'I did not have a good time'
- Making a guest appearance on a popular late-night TV show is usually a young comedian or actor's dream. For
Saturday Night Live
alum Maya Rudolph, however, her first turn on David Letterman's program in the late aughts was anything but. "I did not have a good time,...
Before 'The Slap,' Will Smith
Envisioned His 'Life Destroyed'
May 24, 2022 12:05 PM CDT
Before 'The Slap,' Will Smith Envisioned His 'Life Destroyed'
He tells David Letterman of hallucinogenic vision
- Well before his infamous Oscars slap , Will Smith recorded an interview with David Letterman for the latter's
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction
series. Now that it's airing on Netflix, some of the actor's comments are getting a little extra attention.
Smith told Letterman he had
May 23, 2022 3:05 PM CDT
Billie Eilish: Tourette's Is 'Exhausting'
Pop star talks to David Letterman about her diagnosis
- At one point during her interview with David Letterman for his Netflix series, Billie Eilish turned her head and opened her mouth, and Letterman jokingly asked if she'd seen a fly, per TheNews.com . "No, I'm ticcing," replied Eilish, referring to the tics she has because...
Oct 5, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
Letterman 'Always Had the Best Announcer'
Alan Kalter introduced the host and fake-stomped offstage for nearly 20 years
- David Letterman had several taped auditions to listen to when he was looking for a new announcer for his nightly CBS show. But he stopped after the first. "We knew he would be our choice," Letterman said in a statement. His pick was Alan Kalter, who would go...
Paris Hilton Slams
at MTV Awards
Mar 2, 2021 12:44 AM CST
Paris Hilton Slams 'Disgusting' Sarah Silverman Joke at MTV Awards
As well as 'very cruel and very mean' David Letterman interview from the same year
Framing Britney Spears
has brought attention to old interviews in which young female celebrities were made to feel uncomfortable—and on her podcast Monday, Paris Hilton weighed in on one of her own experiences. "It was just very cruel and very mean," Hilton said on "This Is...
Connie Chung Gets Super
Candid About Time at ABC
Dec 18, 2020 6:51 AM CST
Connie Chung Gets Super Candid About Time at ABC
Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer tried to 'put me down back in my little hole'
- Retired news anchor Connie Chung is opening up about her years at ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN—not all of which were apparently enjoyable. Competition was fierce, Chung recalled on Thursday's episode of
Los Angeles Magazine's
"The Originals" podcast. Chung said she had to be on guard...
At the Top Were Carson and
Philbin, Letterman Says
Jul 26, 2020 11:10 AM CDT
At the Top Were Carson and Philbin, Letterman Says
Tribute calls fellow host 'always the best guest we ever had'
- David Letterman has always idolized Johnny Carson. And Regis Philbin was in that exclusive club of TV hosts, Letterman said Saturday. "In the same category as Carson. Superlative," his statement said. "He was on our show a million times, always the best guest we ever had, charming,...
Coming to Pence's Defense
on Mask Decision: His Wife
Apr 30, 2020 12:07 PM CDT
Coming to Pence's Defense on Mask Decision: His Wife
Karen Pence says VP didn't learn of Mayo policy until after he left, wasn't at risk of infecting anyone
- Mike Pence is taking all kinds of flak for not wearing a mask during a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota this week, but his wife came to his defense on Thursday morning. "As our medical experts have told us, wearing a mask prevents you from spreading disease,...
10 Years Later,
to Writer Who
Called Him Out
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Nov 3, 2019 6:43 AM CST
10 Years Later, Letterman Apologizes to Writer Who Called Him Out
Nell Scovell again writes for 'Vanity Fair,' this time with Letterman directly involved
- In 2009, as a sex scandal swirled around David Letterman, Nell Scovell authored a piece for
in which the onetime
writer recalled leaving the show in the 1990s thanks to problems including, among other things, a "hostile work environment" in which most writers were white...
Details Sexual Abuse
at Hands of Stepfather
May 28, 2019 9:56 AM CDT
Ellen DeGeneres Details Sexual Abuse at Hands of Stepfather
She tells story to David Letterman on Season 2 of his talk show
- Speaking with David Letterman on an upcoming episode of his talk show
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction,
fellow talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres got emotional when discussing the sexual assault she endured as a teen. After her mother, Betty, got remarried to "a very bad man," Betty was...
David Letterman: I Should Have
'10 Years Ago'
Mar 21, 2019 4:11 PM CDT
David Letterman: I Should Have Left
'10 Years Ago'
'Nobody had the guts to fire me,' he says
- If it seems like David Letterman hosted a talk show for a long, long time, he agrees. "I stayed on television way too long," he told Ellen DeGeneres on her show Thursday,
ran from 1993 to 2015. "Nobody had the guts...
Man With Alleged $5M Plot
Against Letterman Is Freed
Dec 23, 2018 6:07 AM CST
Man With Alleged $5M Plot Against Letterman Is Freed
Kelly Allen Frank was arrested in 2005
- A man once accused of plotting to kidnap retired talk show host David Letterman's son and nanny has been released from a Montana prison for a second time after serving additional years for violating parole. Kelly Allen Frank was released in mid-November and is under the supervision of parole...
With a Big
Jan 12, 2018 6:11 AM CST
Letterman Makes Return With a Big First Guest
For his show debuting on Netflix, ex-'Late Night' host dished with former President Obama
- Former President Obama and David Letterman have both been reclusive since leaving their respective jobs, but a casually dressed ex-president and hirsute ex-talk show host re-entered the public eye together in the debut of Letterman's new Netflix show,
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction
. Letterman compared his post-work life...
Letterman Is Returning to TV
and Bringing Obama With Him
Jan 5, 2018 2:38 PM CST
Letterman Is Returning to TV and Bringing Obama With Him
Obama will be guest on 1st episode of Netflix's 'My Next Guest Needs No Introduction'
- Handsome Santa Claus and one-time
host David Letterman has a new talk show on Netflix, and his first guest truly needs no introduction. The
reveals the first guest on
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman
will be none other than Barack Obama. The...
Letterman Needled Over His
Beard at Mark Twain Awards
Oct 23, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Letterman Needled Over His Beard at Mark Twain Awards
Kimmel: After 9/11, he 'let us know it was OK to move on and OK to laugh again'
- David Letterman was celebrated at the Kennedy Center on Sunday night in Washington, DC, for his record run on late-night TV, innovative comedy routines, and for helping the nation start to heal by reassuring that it was OK to laugh again after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Fellow...
Aug 8, 2017 11:15 AM CDT
David Letterman Is Returning to TV
Netflix plans a series in which he'll do in-depth interviews
- David Letterman is coming back to your TV. He has signed a deal with Netflix for at least six shows in which he'll conduct in-depth interviews along with "in-the-field segments expressing his curiosity and humor," per a Netflix release picked up by the
New York Times
Star Mom Dies at 95
Apr 12, 2017 9:24 AM CDT
Letterman's Unlikely Star Mom Dies at 95
Dorothy Mengering charmed America with her pies, Midwest attitude
- David Letterman's mother, Dorothy Mengering, a Midwest homemaker who became an unlikely celebrity in her 70s as she baked mystery pies and covered the Olympics for her son's show, has died at age 95, per the AP . Letterman had made ironic celebrities out of dozens of regular folks...
'Trumpy': 'I Would
Have Gone to
Work' on Him
Mar 6, 2017 9:29 AM CST
Letterman on 'Trumpy': 'I Would Have Gone to Work' on Him
Former late-night host chats with 'Vulture' about president, life after retirement
- In October, before Donald Trump was elected president, David Letterman chatted with the
New York Times
and noted that if he still had a late-night TV show, "I would have gone right after him." The 69-year-old's stance hasn't changed much since, per his latest interview with...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
$100M Botticelli Found in Home
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.