Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Judge Calls Capitol Rioter's
Nov 22, 2023 8:35 AM CST
Judge Calls Capitol Rioter's Defense 'Gobbledygook,' Jury Convicts
Washington state's Taylor James Johnatakis, 39, found guilty of 3 felonies, 4 misdemeanors
- Those who traveled to Washington, DC, to participate in what became the Jan. 6 riot at the US Capitol arrived from all over the country. On Tuesday, Washington state saw one of its own earn a conviction, with a federal jury finding 39-year-old Taylor James Johnatakis of Kingston guilty of...
Died in Prison
Nov 14, 2023 1:43 PM CST
Family: He Died in Prison Assault Weeks Before Release
Relatives say Daniel Williams was essentially kidnapped by inmates, though warden in Alabama claimed overdose
- Daniel Terry Williams, serving a 1-year sentence for second-degree theft, was due to be released from Alabama's Staton Correctional Facility early this month. Instead, he left two weeks early because he'd been beaten so badly that he was brain dead, according to family, who claim he was tortured...
Jury Rules on Antarctic Assault
Claims: 'This Vindicates Him'
Nov 9, 2023 8:56 AM CST
Jury Rules on Antarctic Assault Claims: 'This Vindicates Him'
Stephen Tyler Bieneman was accused of putting shin across throat of woman at research station
- A federal jury on Wednesday found a man not guilty of assaulting a woman at a US research station in Antarctica in a case that drew attention amid reports of harassment and assault at the station. Stephen Tyler Bieneman pulled tissues from a box on the defense table and cried...
Sep 18, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
Marilyn Manson Sentenced on Assault Charge
Judge imposes community service and a fine
- Marilyn Manson received a sentence of 20 hours of community service and a fine on Monday in connection with a 2019 assault in New Hampshire. He had pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, the AP reports. Manson, who was accused of blowing...
This Isn't How a
Phone Is to Be Used
May 22, 2023 8:58 AM CDT
This Isn't How a Plane's Intercom Phone Is to Be Used
'Belligerent' Frontier passenger accused of striking flight attendant with phone
- A Frontier Airlines passenger headed from Colorado to Florida delayed her plane's trip to warmer climes and now has an arrest under her belt after a confrontation with a flight attendant. The airline says in a statement that the "belligerent" female passenger on Flight 708 from Denver to...
Fight With Brother
Apr 28, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Star Surrenders After Alleged Fight With Brother
'Viva La Bam' star Bam Margera maintains his innocence
star Bam Margera surrendered to Pennsylvania State Police on Thursday morning for allegedly punching his brother during an altercation four days earlier at their home in the Philadelphia suburbs, the AP reports. Margera was arraigned and pleaded not guilty, according to his lawyer, Michael van der Veen. “The...
Ex-Fire Commissioner Accused
of Attacking Homeless People
Apr 27, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
Ex-Fire Commissioner Accused of Attacking Homeless People
San Francisco public defender: Don Carmignani may be behind as many as 8 attacks
- Earlier this month, Don Carmignani, San Francisco's ex-fire commissioner, was brutally attacked in the city's Marina District, with cellphone video showing him being beaten by another man wielding some sort of metal weapon. Garret Allen Doty, a 24-year-old homeless man, was arrested in the case and now faces...
'Unprovoked' Assault Sends
TSA Agents to Hospital
Apr 26, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
'Unprovoked' Assault Sends TSA Agents to Hospital
19-year-old woman facing charges in early morning incident at Phoenix airport
- The TSA says a teenage traveler assaulted three of its agents in an "unprovoked" attack at Phoenix's airport on Tuesday, sending two to the hospital, according to the agency. The 19-year-old woman was passing through security screening at Sky Harbor International Airport shortly before 6am when she began...
They Were Visiting Chicago,
Got Attacked by Teen Mob
Apr 20, 2023 1:35 PM CDT
They Were Visiting Chicago, Got Attacked by Teen Mob
Bystander says she 'literally got in front of a police car,' but officers drove around her
- Chicago police have launched an internal investigation after claims that officers drove right by a couple who were being beaten by a mob. Ashley Knutson, 20, and Devontae "DJ" Garrisson-Johnson, 22, were visiting the city from South Carolina on Saturday when they went looking for a place to eat...
Rapper Who Ratted Out
Gang Members Is Attacked
Mar 22, 2023 7:36 AM CDT
Rapper Who Ratted Out Gang Members Is Attacked
Tekashi 6ix9ine beaten by several men inside Florida gym, says lawyer, who urges protection
- The rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine was rushed to a hospital Tuesday after he was beaten by a group of men inside a South Florida gym. The 26-year-old was inside a sauna at an LA Fitness when several men attacked him without warning, his lawyer Lance Lazzaro tells TMZ , which has footage...
Another Chrisley Is in
Trouble With the Law
Mar 15, 2023 7:34 AM CDT
Another Chrisley Is in Trouble With the Law
Kyle Chrisley, son of reality star Todd Chrisley, has been arrested for assault in Tennessee
- We're beginning to think that maybe the Chrisleys don't know best. Not even four months after reality stars Todd and Julie Chrisley were sentenced to time behind bars for fraud and tax evasion, Todd's once-estranged son Kyle, 32, has been arrested in Tennessee. A spokesperson for the...
Kid KOs Teacher's Aide,
Keeps Swinging: Cops
Mar 1, 2023 8:54 AM CST
Kid KOs Teacher's Aide, Keeps Swinging: Cops
17-year-old, charged as an adult, faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted of assault
- With a single move, the student sent the teacher's aide crashing to the floor of Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, Florida, apparently unconscious. But for the next 30 seconds, the 17-year-old male— described as 6'6" and 270 pounds—continued to beat the woman lying unmoving on the...
Woman Fights Off
Attacker in Gym
Feb 16, 2023 6:45 PM CST
Woman Fights Off Attacker in Gym
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in Florida praises Nashali Alma
- Dramatic surveillance video from a gym in Tampa shows how a woman fought off an attacker, and the would-be victim is speaking out. “I would tell every woman always to keep fighting, never give up,” 24-year-old Nashali Alma says in a statement provided by the Hillsborough County Sheriff'...
Cops 'Laser-Focused' in Felon
Manhunt in New Torture Case
Jan 27, 2023 1:47 PM CST
Cops 'Laser-Focused' in Felon Manhunt in New Torture Case
Oregon cops are searching for Benjamin Obadiah Foster, suspected of holding woman captive
- Police in southern Oregon were searching Thursday for a man accused of torturing a woman he held captive, less than two years after he was convicted in Nevada of keeping another woman in captivity for weeks before the victim managed to escape. Grants Pass Police Chief Warren Hensman said in...
SF Man Recorded
Turning Hose on
Jan 11, 2023 12:27 PM CST
SF Man Recorded Turning Hose on Homeless Woman
Collier Gwin could face assault charge
- A man filmed hosing down a homeless woman on the streets of San Francisco initially told KGO that he found it "hard to apologize." Indeed, he suggested to the
San Francisco Chronicle
that he'd do it again. A video of Monday's incident quickly went viral , with...
Legislative Brawl in Senegal
Injures Pregnant Lawmaker
Jan 3, 2023 6:38 PM CST
Legislative Brawl in Senegal Injures Pregnant Lawmaker
Two male lawmakers receive jail time
- Two members of parliament in Senegal have been handed six-month jail sentences for attacking a pregnant lawmaker, who suffered a kick to the stomach. Chaos erupted during a budget debate in the National Assembly on Dec. 1. Amy Ndiaye, a member of the ruling Benno Bokk Yakaar coalition, had "...
Stopping a Bully Cost
Her an Eye. Now, Police
Have Made an Arrest
Dec 6, 2022 5:43 PM CST
Stopping a Bully Cost Her an Eye. Now, Police Have Made an Arrest
Suspect was allegedly bullying boy with special needs when victim intervened
- Two weeks ago, 19-year-old Bianca Palomera was working her job as an assistant manager at a Habit Burger Grill in Antioch, California, when someone started bullying another teen with an intellectual disability, according to ABC7 . Palomera intervened, and it cost her an eye. On Tuesday, Antioch police announced the arrest...
Wife Alleges Husband Put
Abortion Drug in Her Water
Nov 11, 2022 7:16 AM CST
Wife Alleges Husband Put Abortion Drug in Her Water
Texas lawyer Mason Herring charged with two felony counts
- A Texas grand jury has indicted a husband accused of slipping a medicine used for abortions into his wife's drinks in hopes that it would end her pregnancy. Mason Herring, a 38-year-old Houston attorney, was indicted on two felony counts, including assault of a pregnant person, under charges handed...
When Told to
Nov 10, 2022 6:57 AM CST
Pelosi Suspect When Told to Drop Hammer: 'Ummm Nope'
Charging document details what happened between Paul Pelosi, suspect in Oct. 28 break-in
- David DePape, the suspect in the attack last month on Paul Pelosi , was indicted Wednesday on charges of assault and attempted kidnapping. Politico notes these charges handed down by a federal grand jury supplant similar ones filed in an earlier complaint . The six-page document details how the San Francisco Police...
Alleged Pelosi Attacker
May Be Deported
Nov 4, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
Alleged Pelosi Attacker May Be Deported
Canadian David DePape was in US illegally after traveling legally here in 2008
- The man suspected of attacking Paul Pelosi , the 82-year-old husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, last Friday isn't in the United States legally, though he came here legally nearly 15 years ago. That's per Department of Homeland Security officials, who said Thursday that 42-year-old Canadian David DePape entered...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Hollywood Is Going After Lauren Boebert
Texas Woman Whose Baby Won't Survive Goes to Court
A 65-Year-Old Christmas Classic Finally Hits No. 1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.